Wojdan [Mystery] [Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fatimah
Regular

Wojdan [Mystery] [Commercial]

#1 Post by Fatimah »

Wojdan is an Arabic visual novel that follows a young boy named Jawad and his family in their journey.

It is a story-based game with puzzles and riddles that change how the story progresses.

Wojdan is the first game that is developed by "Light Studio" and it will be available on PCs, IOS, and Andriod.

"Wojdan" is an Arabic word that means the soul and/or inner strength.
The story revolves around Jawad (11 years), his father Adel (34 years) and his sister Sara (15 years), and their quest to find a cure for the illness that threatens Jawad's life.

The search forces the family to travel from their little village to the big city seeking a doctor who can heal the little boy. However, as soon as they arrive, they discover that the doctor has disappeared in unusual circumstances.

A series of events that none of them has ever imagined begins to unfold before them, taking them in the adventure of their lives.
Jawad is a quiet little boy. His only wish is to find a cure for his illness because he hates the way everyone in his villages looks at him and the way they treat him.
Unlike her brother, Sara is a strong girl who knows exactly what she wants.
Yet, deep inside, Sara fears the loss of those whom she loves, and that's what drives her to do everything to protect her little brother.
Adel is the father of Sara and Jawad.
He lost his wife two years ago, and this is what drives him to do the impossible to find a cure for his son's illness.
.: SCREENSHOTS :.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
.: PROJECT DETAILS :.

Languages: Arabic, English, French (We are releasing it first with Arabic only but we are definitely planning an English version and a French version)
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, IOS, Andriod

Expected Release Date: End of 2016 for Arabic version.
.: STEAM GREENLIGHT :.
Help put Wojdan on Steam by voting for us on Steam Greenlight.
.: QUESTIONS :.
What is your first impression on this project?
What is your expectation from this project?
Would you like an English/ a French version of this game?

RedOwl
Regular
Projects: < /reality >
Tumblr: realityvn

Re: Wojdan [Mystery] [Commercial]

#2 Post by RedOwl »

Hello there! What a great looking project. It has me interested.

My first thoughts went like this: "The cover art looks nice!" *reads that it's an Arabic visual novel* "huh, that's unusual!" *reads that there will be puzzles and riddles* "ooooh I like this! Yes please on the puzzles and riddles!" *reads the definition of the title* "Ooh, that sounds good too - makes me think there will be some strong character writing or character development" *watches video* "The character art, CGs, and music are awesome!!" (not loving the BG art with the boat though).

From the description and video, I expect a heartwarming, family-focused tale, and (hopefully) a journey of personal growth and discovery. There are also hints that there may be magical/mystical elements to the story - and while I'd welcome these elements, I hope the story will still retain the focus on the everyday/realistic challenges the characters must face. And hopefully there will be no tragedy. T_T

English please! ^_^

Good luck with the game!
~Please give me Honest Critique!~

Fatimah
Regular

#3 Post by Fatimah »

RedOwl wrote:Hello there! What a great looking project. It has me interested.

My first thoughts went like this: "The cover art looks nice!" *reads that it's an Arabic visual novel* "huh, that's unusual!" *reads that there will be puzzles and riddles* "ooooh I like this! Yes please on the puzzles and riddles!" *reads the definition of the title* "Ooh, that sounds good too - makes me think there will be some strong character writing or character development" *watches video* "The character art, CGs, and music are awesome!!" (not loving the BG art with the boat though).

From the description and video, I expect a heartwarming, family-focused tale, and (hopefully) a journey of personal growth and discovery. There are also hints that there may be magical/mystical elements to the story - and while I'd welcome these elements, I hope the story will still retain the focus on the everyday/realistic challenges the characters must face. And hopefully there will be no tragedy. T_T

English please! ^_^

Good luck with the game!
Thank you for your input and your nice words!! ^_^

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#4 Post by Mammon »

It's good, like RedOwl already said; an Arabic story around here is already quite unique, and the art looks good. I'm liking the overall quality of the art, because it works well with each other. Many people actually fail with lower quality art to create sprites AND cg AND promo art that all feel like the same style. And this is actually the first time I'm seeing a girl with hairy eyebrows without it looking rediculous.

It actually seems like you'll finish it, which is already an achievement. Other than that I cannot really tell.

English would probably reach a wider audience than French.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Mammon wrote:English would probably reach a wider audience than French.
You might be surprised. I see a fair few French devs and players around here - I think the only language that I've seen more than French is Russian.

Fatimah
Regular

#6 Post by Fatimah »

Mammon wrote:What is your first impression on this project?
It's good, like RedOwl already said; an Arabic story around here is already quite unique, and the art looks good. I'm liking the overall quality of the art, because it works well with each other. Many people actually fail with lower quality art to create sprites AND cg AND promo art that all feel like the same style. And this is actually the first time I'm seeing a girl with hairy eyebrows without it looking rediculous.

It actually seems like you'll finish it, which is already an achievement. Other than that I cannot really tell.

English would probably reach a wider audience than French.
Thank you ^_^

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

#7 Post by Hojita »

Hi, hi! I would like to help with some answers.

The art is nice, it goes with the story and the atmosphere I think it's wanna give. Is a really interesting project, but sadly not avalailable in english right now.
The desings are pretty real, and the context is unique and mostly now used anywhere. I would give ir a try with high expectations.

It will tell a nostalgic, sad but heartwarming tale. They may be some crude moments, but 'cause the story wont shut up and wont avoid some real situations thay may happen in a story like this one, more likely, in real life.

Yes please!

Fatimah
Regular

#8 Post by Fatimah »

Hojita wrote:Hi, hi! I would like to help with some answers.

The art is nice, it goes with the story and the atmosphere I think it's wanna give. Is a really interesting project, but sadly not avalailable in english right now.
The desings are pretty real, and the context is unique and mostly now used anywhere. I would give ir a try with high expectations.

It will tell a nostalgic, sad but heartwarming tale. They may be some crude moments, but 'cause the story wont shut up and wont avoid some real situations thay may happen in a story like this one, more likely, in real life.

Yes please!
Thank you so much for your help!

Hodgekiss

#9 Post by Hodgekiss »

It looks fantastic! I'll definitely be interested in this! The art is stunning and i'm so interested in the story line!

I expect it to be a VN i'll remember, something that's haunting.. But also just a good game to play. It definitely wont get me bored

I would! I'm fine with both but English might be a better priority for most people!

Fatimah
Regular

#10 Post by Fatimah »

Hodgekiss wrote:What is your first impression on this project?
It looks fantastic! I'll definitely be interested in this! The art is stunning and i'm so interested in the story line!

I expect it to be a VN i'll remember, something that's haunting.. But also just a good game to play. It definitely wont get me bored

I would! I'm fine with both but English might be a better priority for most people!
Thank you for your kind words!

chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

#11 Post by chickandnugget »

What is your first impression on this project? The art is beautiful! I'm in love with the CG and sprite artwork.
What is your expectation from this project? Probably that it's going to be an emotional journey... I'm interested in the riddles/puzzles and I hope that they have cultural influences!
Would you like an English/ a French version of this game? Definitely an English version.

Fatimah
Regular

#12 Post by Fatimah »

chickandnugget wrote:What is your first impression on this project? The art is beautiful! I'm in love with the CG and sprite artwork.
What is your expectation from this project? Probably that it's going to be an emotional journey... I'm interested in the riddles/puzzles and I hope that they have cultural influences!
Would you like an English/ a French version of this game? Definitely an English version.
Thank you! We'll definitely try and make an English version.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#13 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi Fatimah, I'd also like an eventual English version of this game, please! So it's now 2017 and it was stated earlier that the Arabic version would be out the end of 2016. Do you have a timeline on around when the English version may be available?

Anyways good luck on your dev and this truly looks special. <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#14 Post by Elmvine »

The art and story has caught my eye, I feel like it might pull on a few heartstrings. I can only read English, so that's where my vote lies. :)