Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] VOICE CAST VIDE

#31 Post by Zelan »

Oh my goodness, the voices sound absolutely fantastic. The voice actors for Velvet and Xobi in particular stood out to me, but all of them delivered their lines well. I like that they've got different accents. And thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for giving the protagonist a voice as well. It irks me so much that so many voiced VNs leave the protagonist's lines unvoiced. The protagonist is a character too, y'know? So this is definitely a welcome change. ^_^

LibbyAsh
itch: naeris

#32 Post by LibbyAsh »

By Above & Below, if you are able to deliver on each promises, it would be my one of most played VN ever, even matching Higurashi & Tsukihime!!! Most definitely willing to buy on steam, if the finished product looks as polished as promised here!!

ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

#33 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Zelan wrote:Oh my goodness, the voices sound absolutely fantastic. The voice actors for Velvet and Xobi in particular stood out to me, but all of them delivered their lines well. I like that they've got different accents. And thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for giving the protagonist a voice as well. It irks me so much that so many voiced VNs leave the protagonist's lines unvoiced. The protagonist is a character too, y'know? So this is definitely a welcome change. ^_^
Yeah, once those auditions opened up, professionals from all over really blew the team away! And we definitely plan on giving Xjena a voice that takes what choices you make and runs with them. (Ideally, she'll still just be saying what you want her to say about a given topic.) Thanks for your comment as always! <3
LibbyAsh wrote:By Above & Below, if you are able to deliver on each promises, it would be my one of most played VN ever, even matching Higurashi & Tsukihime!!! Most definitely willing to buy on steam, if the finished product looks as polished as promised here!!
Oh gosh, now I hope I REALLY don't disappoint! lol One thing I can promise is that the demo's assets (everything you've all seen up until now) will absolutely be improved upon for the full game as this is all still practically no budget. And sheer determination Thanks for your feedback! Hopefully the demo will keep the good first impressions going!

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#34 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Dude. Dude. Duuuuuude. How did it take tumblr for me to see this???
I didn't think someone could, like, put THIS level of relevant social commentary in something like a romance game without something contrived, but this just asdfghjkl; sounds like it'll really work. Anyways, I'm going to go fill up your ask box on tumblr now about how I can help/how excited I am/how I am sort of guilty that I'm happy that anon was mean to you, because it let me find out about you when (I freaking could have just paid more attention on lemma - nice observation skillz, me!)

beforeitrains
Tumblr: beforeitrains
Deviantart: theforestishaunted

#35 Post by beforeitrains »

Hi! I discovered 'Women of Xal' yesterday, and I’m pretty hyped up about this game. The cast! The plot! The graphics! The voices! :D

I hope it’s not too late to answer the questions you asked in the original post. So, in case it’s still relevant, here’s what I think:

1. Not going to lie, Dr Joy caught my attention first, when I was just browsing through the avatars. And after I’ve read through all the men’s bios, he’s still number one on my list. Looking forward to meeting him, and maybe even matching him up with some of the other fascinating boys (if the story permits). XD
Other than that, I think Xaris, Proxis and Xobi are very attractive in terms of looks and personality.

2. Ha, with girls it’s even harder to choose, they all look/sound interesting in their own way.
Merixa caught my attention first, before I even read the bios. She’s so elegant and intelligent-looking. I was kind of disappointed when I learned she won’t be available for romancing. But I guess Xjena can still be friends or allies with her, and that’s good too.
Afterwards, Naxia really caught my attention. I like her observant personality, makes me want to know more about her.
Also, yeah, Axay’s tomboyish looks are very effective. I’m with her about having difficulty opening up about feelings. Somehow I think Naxia and Axay would have a lot to talk about (my internal shipper just won’t quit pairing up chars, sorry).
Last, but not least, Lady Xuna is very intriguing. I think I’d try to get Xjena to snoop around a bit to learn more about her past.

3. I reeeally don’t know anything about Kickstarter (yet!). But when I like stories/games I always feel rewarded by learning more about my favorite chars, getting additional art of them, something like that.

4. Sorry, I have a pretty tight schedule rn, so I just don’t think I’d be able to provide detailed critique.

5. There is one small thing that kind of bothered me when I read the character bios. Some chars seem a bit too young for their job descriptions.
I’m talking, first of all, about Dr Joy. Maybe the educational system in Xal is different from that on Earth, but, as far as I’m concerned, here it takes 7-10 years to get a license, and even more if you specialize. And from his bio it’s evident that he hasn’t started treating patients yesterday. So I’d find it more believable if he was 28-30.
And also Naxia is only 18, and she’s already a private investigator? That bit seems a bit odd too. But then again, maybe the educational system of Xal is radically different. Maybe there everyone finishes school at 14, and by 18 they already have a college degree.

In conclusion: this game rocks! I’m looking forward to untangling political plots, figuring out mysteries behind different characters, and bringing my lead character to victory! :D

Jarin
Tumblr: spinningthehamsterwheel

#36 Post by Jarin »

1) [Favorite guys] Heck with it, ranking them all, highest to lowest; plus first impression or reasoning.
Top two: Xaris, mouthy twit; I love it. and Dr Joy, because damn.
After that: Valimer, seems like a ton of character potential; plus cute. Xobi, always liked the smart and level-headed ones; bit generic. Culliver, sounds more depressed than cynical; want to cheer him up. Artimis, random anime protagonist; next (hey, first impressions not in-depth analysis). Proxis, arrogant prat; hot as hell and he knows it, the jerk(tongue-in-cheek here, I just suspect he's the type of character I'm going to love to hate).

2) [Favorite girls] Axay, sounds confident, but not too uptight to still be fun. Tie for second with: Clanice, great to hang out with, but don't trust her further than I can throw Proxis. And Velvet, interesting to see the "hope and optimism" character have an edge to her.

3) [Kickstarter rewards] Echoing everyone else and saying soundtrack. Early access, worldbuilding concepts, sketches?

4) [Beta testing] While personally bad at beta testing, I am a huge fan of the concept in general for cleaning a game up at release.

5) [Other questions] Maybe getting a bit ahead of things, but do you have plans to do other games or content in this world, if WoX is successful?

SquishyKnight
Tumblr: airknight
Deviantart: Whistling-Kite

#37 Post by SquishyKnight »

1) In terms of the males, I find that Clint and Proxis catch my attention the most

2) For the women, it's Velvet and Axay

3) I totally agree on the soundtrack thing. Also maybe some kind of art and/or writing based reward? I've seen some kickstarters give out sketches of favorite characters from the game/comic/etc, for instance. It would be for a big tier and idk how it would work in this media but comics often offer a small character cameo of ocs or whatnot.

4) I've never beta tested before but I would be interested in doing so if you're still in need

5) As someone who's big on dating sim functions in games and whatnot, I was wondering how it will work in the game alongside all the branching path type stuff (which is really awesome btw!)

LibbyAsh
itch: naeris

#38 Post by LibbyAsh »

Xuna, Velvet & Naxia all vying for my favorite right now, so its gonna be a close race for sure. ^^ As for KS, fully behind the idea of unlockable stretch goals, more CGs, more depth of every characters & of course after-hour specials. ^^
Oh & more romance scenes! ;p

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#39 Post by noeinan »

Aaaaaaaaaah! I can't believe I didn't see this earlier, it looks so good! I have to share it with all of my friends, looking forward to the kickstarter!
1) The game intends to incorporate a bit of indirect 4th wall interaction. For example, after I ask you all which two men catch your immediate attention first and why, the game would basically treat it as marketing data and advertise said men more with the brothel's future clients favoring said folks by erm, 'rank'. So which two should definitely be the focus for Xuna's marketing staff~? Which one(s) are most attractive? (If you happen not to see men in that way, feel free to skip this question!)
I'm a big fan of Doctor Joy, and Xaris stands out to me-- partly because I think I recognize and am a fan of the voice actor. Basically all the guys look interesting, though.
2) Oppositely, which two ladies catch your eye the most? It won't be used as marketing, but how attractive they are here are how attractive the brothel boys will find certain girls in the full game. (If you happen not to see women that way, feel free to skip this question!)
I honestly really love Xenja and am excited to play her. I like Velvet's hair, and think Axay's voice and personality stands out too.
3) What kind of Kickstarter rewards would you like to see come January?
I saw others mention it, but I strongly recommend against physical rewards. They are complicated af and people get really testy if they are late. I like the idea of different tiers having access to the game's alpha/beta/etc. Some games I backed, such as Seven Kingdoms: The Princess Problem and Wild Season, did this. Having a forum with public access and backer-only sections is also nice.

Higher tiers could have personalized drawings made by the character artist. (Has to be high enough to severely limit the number of backers at that level or the artist will drown in work, though.) Access to sketches, development documents, and other similar "usually not seen" information could also be nice. Maybe high-resolution downloads of character sprites could be one?

Having stretch goals is also generally a good idea, for extra content (characters, outfits, etc.) or features.
4) Would anyone here be interested in private beta testing before the Kickstarter launches?
Heck yes! Sign me the fuck up.
5) Ask questions that are on your mind!
No questions for now, but I'll definitely be following your progress. :D

doot
Projects: I'm a n00b. ._.

#40 Post by doot »

Wow, this looks really nice! :o

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#41 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Goodness, the feedback here has been overwhelming! @ _@ I've been running around left and right getting everyone ready for the Kickstarter! And it's been exhausting for all involved. I just want to give everyone both old and new much thanks for your input, questions, and positivity! <3 I'll try to answer all the questions, but let me know if I missed any or you have more! :'3

@Tracy Bullet: Thank you very much! David Cage taught me all I needed to know on how to avoid many contrived scenarios. And don't worry! There's probably another great project we're all missing because we can't possibly be everywhere at once. XP

@beforeitrains: Thanks for the questions! In short, Xal streamlines and optimizes the education process in a "Can she count to 3?" kind of way. So for example, a teenage girl could become a doctor if she showed the skills, knowledge, and maturity of one. Because of this, they're not too fond of how we earthlings do things, but I'm wagering that there's more than a few things we won't like about those Xulians. XP For example, that "Can she do it?" policy can and has been exploited, and no one tends to give men a shot regardless. Unless you're Xuna and you really wanted Joy as your in-house doctor. For some reason.

Same with Naxia. She can do it, so therefore she is. Though naturally, it helps if the person had a passion for it since, like, age 5

@Jarin: We planned hardcore for 2017. "Women of Xal" takes place in what the team calls "The PTverse". Every story therein is connected by the same timeline and tends to influence one another's stories. This particular story is influenced by my book series "Mesto Accelerando" and "This Crazy World" and (webcomic/3D) animation "JRPG Parody". Am I taking too much on at once? Nah, because these stories are already out and can be read/watched! WoX can be enjoyed as standalone, of course. ='3 But the more you waste time with the lore, the more satisfying the overarching story becomes What this means is although WoX has a beginning an end, if you want to see how EVERYTHING goes down, the rabbit hole known as the PTverse will be there for you.

@SquishyKnight: I'll be trying to apply it a bit like real life. Most adults seem content with spending time with their significant other when they can and doing their own thing in the meantime. If you hang out with a teasing character/couple, they might bring up your relationship more than a group of friends just wanting to have silly fun. Biggest difference being that you'll (hopefully) have tons of fun little bed talk moments before the daily grind some days. ='3 I hope that makes sense! Oh, and the enemies you probably optionally made may try to hurt you through your love interest if their personality is exploitable. .... Welcome to the Game of Queens /shot

@LibbyAsh: I'm wondering if I should make a 17+ version. I may do so if fans scream for it to happen or something. XD Otherwise, "artistic fadeaway" it is.

@daikiraikimi: Thanks for your suggestion! We agree Physical rewards terrify the entire staff. That's why every last one is definitely going to be digital. It makes things easier for the artists, me the composer and producer, and the budget! So many terrifying unknown costs.

@doot: Thank you kindly~! <3

lassitvde
Projects: tba
Tumblr: crystalblazefire

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] DEMO IN FEBRUAR

#42 Post by lassitvde »

i've been following this project for quite a while, and i just love everything about it - the fact that it's a poc cast, the otherworldly setting, and god, the characters. plus a male harem is something i would love istg

1) The game intends to incorporate a bit of indirect 4th wall interaction. For example, after I ask you all which two men catch your immediate attention first and why, the game would basically treat it as marketing data and advertise said men more with the brothel's future clients favoring said folks by erm, 'rank'. So which two should definitely be the focus for Xuna's marketing staff~? Which one(s) are most attractive? (If you happen not to see men in that way, feel free to skip this question!)

this is the most difficult decision of my life artimis and culiver; i'm a sucker for characters who are 'more than what appear on the outside', so even though the description does sound shady af. i'm kind of hoping whatever the goals artimis has make his route more compelling and give him character development - and not some reason that's shallow, an overused cliche, or a plot device forced into the route just to make it seem like he has some 'depth'. been there, done that.
culiver - again, i like the 'more than what appears on the outside', and the fact that he's a cynic makes me naturally inquisitive about his supposed circumstances and his backstory. plus, i get the feeling that artimis and culliver are actually similar except for the fact that i actually think he might be the first character i'll attempt to romance for that reason alone lol.

2) Oppositely, which two ladies catch your eye the most? It won't be used as marketing, but how attractive they are here are how attractive the brothel boys will find certain girls in the full game. (If you happen not to see women that way, feel free to skip this question!)

xjena and velvet, definitely - xjena because i love her hair and lmao that hat. velvet is attractive in a way i really can't describe - i guess i just like how she's an optimist but not the kind who's a pushover, which is the generic way positive characters are portrayed in. a bit refreshing, yes.

3) What kind of Kickstarter rewards would you like to see come January?

i've never really participated in kickstarters before, so i'm not too familiar with them - orz but i think it would be cool to have early access to the game, the soundtrack, and maybe a digital art booklet or 'game dev' booklet. it would be exciting to be awarded additional content story-wise, too.

4) Would anyone here be interested in private beta testing before the Kickstarter launches?

ohmygod definitely, would be amazing to beta test this game. cx

5) Ask questions that are on your mind!

none for now.

p.s. the logo is gorgeous.

ProjectTrinity
Regular

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] KICKSTARTER FEB

#43 Post by ProjectTrinity »

lassitvde: Our graphic designer gives his thanks!

You're in luck! I happen to hate tropes that embrace contrivity (Like liar's reveal or Miscommunication: The Game.), though I do embrace the really cool ones. lol Sorry about the most difficult decision in your life, btw

Thank you for your input! Unfortunately, by time everyone discovered this project, the beta was long underway! :'c BUT.

PUBLIC DEMO IS TOMORROW. WHERE WE CAN ALL JUDGE ME SUPER HARD. lol

ProjectTrinity
Regular

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] KICKSTARTER IS

#44 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Kickstarter is live, folks! <3