Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Mature Reverse-Harem]

#16 Post by Kikaharu »

YES!!! yes?!! I'm a bit confused but also really excited if it's correct. Clanice you say that she is unlocked for men and women does that mean you might be able to romance her? I really hope so because when I saw her in the one screenshot of the game I was like why isn't that girl available to romance she is so sexy.

ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

#17 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Zelan wrote:Oh, wow, I love the bios! Everyone has such a unique personality. ^_^

Also, speaking as a straight-ish chick who plays any romances - I'm glad that you made one of the girls straight, but a little disappointed that she's my favorite out of all of them. :*) It's okay, though, because I'm also loving Velvet, Naxia, Culliver, and Xobi.
Yeah, Merixa was a tough choice; she, Velvet, and Xuna are my personal favorites. =') But I figured one of them ought to be straight. lol Thanks for the kind words!
Kikaharu wrote:YES!!! yes?!! I'm a bit confused but also really excited if it's correct. Clanice you say that she is unlocked for men and women does that mean you might be able to romance her? I really hope so because when I saw her in the one screenshot of the game I was like why isn't that girl available to romance she is so sexy.
Yes she is definitely romance-ready! As long as you're chill with her 5 husbands back at her place. "Unlocked" just means the character is legally available for the specified gender. Men are considered to be more of objects, so girls can marry as many as they can afford, but in most cases, women don't want their wives to be marrying other women - and since they're considered to be more than property, the laws take each wife's wishes into account before legally binding them together. In Clanice's case, she absolutely would marry a girl if said girl doesn't "lock" her in. So romance her all you want! >3

Bonus: If a woman from Xal is locked to one husband, then it's definitely a huge romantic gesture to how loving/loyal she is to the guy. Considered silly for a large portion of women, but acceptable! And men love it?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

ProjectTrinity wrote:Yes she is definitely romance-ready! As long as you're chill with her 5 husbands back at her place. "Unlocked" just means the character is legally available for the specified gender. Men are considered to be more of objects, so girls can marry as many as they can afford, but in most cases, women don't want their wives to be marrying other women - and since they're considered to be more than property, the laws take each wife's wishes into account before legally binding them together. In Clanice's case, she absolutely would marry a girl if said girl doesn't "lock" her in. So romance her all you want! >3

Bonus: If a woman from Xal is locked to one husband, then it's definitely a huge romantic gesture to how loving/loyal she is to the guy. Considered silly for a large portion of women, but acceptable! And men love it?
Holy flip this world-building is AMAZING. <3 I'm getting more hyped for this by the day and the Kickstarter isn't even up yet!

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#19 Post by ProjectTrinity »

UPDATE: One thing this lore loves to do is interact with its audience in an unintrusive manner. For relevant example, part of Xuna's ambition to reach out to earthling girls is to get involved with social media. So, she has given herself a Twitter account. Not only will she be responding to (reasonable!) tweets on Twitter, but she'll be answering/addressing some of them in videos on our Youtube channel (will be hosted here) and referencing some in the actual game! You can also leave a tweet for another character and the message will be relayed. (The internet is very, very, very new to Xal, so only a precious few have a sneak peek of it.)

Xuna's Twitter Account
Zelan wrote:
Holy flip this world-building is AMAZING. <3 I'm getting more hyped for this by the day and the Kickstarter isn't even up yet!
Thanks! <3 Hope not to disappoint!

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#20 Post by ProjectTrinity »

We have one of the trailer tracks finished, everyone!

WoX's Trailer Theme I

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#21 Post by wyverngem »

I'd have to see the game's demo to see if I could play something like this. Is it simple mature for the content of trafficking or is there more adult situations in the game? When do you think a demo will be out?

I'm also curious is the main character's pronounced with an ex sound or z?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Zelan »

I love the theme! ^_^ Jazz is amazing.

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#23 Post by ProjectTrinity »

wyverngem wrote:I'd have to see the game's demo to see if I could play something like this. Is it simple mature for the content of trafficking or is there more adult situations in the game? When do you think a demo will be out?
Demo comes out along with the Kickstarter, early January 2017. Beta starts up sometime next month.

As for the mature rating, it's more for the themes and conversations than it is for brothel hijinks and steamy romances. It's actually pretty light in those areas when you think about where the game takes place. However, although it takes a more Japanese style in the art design, it takes a very Western approach in how characters react to their situations and other personalities. And it leads to many moments that younger age groups may not have the patience for or fully understand: Social and economical politics and how it personally affects different types of people, the brutality, sexism, and apathy that derives from privilege and entitlement, coping with unknown mental conditions, realizing one's own cognitive dissonance, the darker aspects of holding on to idealism without the power to back it and where it can lead someone, and a giant ect. There's also enough (sexual) violence and sexuality if you guide Xjena to those paths. (Her name is pronounced almost like a J, or a slurred "Jenna" that sort of mixes the j and z sounds together. . ...It's not a normal word at all due to the different planet factor, so forgive me if that still doesn't clear things up!)

That all said, the demo will largely be focusing on introducing the characters and showcasing how they'll be in the final game. The darker aspects will only be hinted at. I need the full ten hours before I properly introduce the more weighty themes. The Kickstarter will definitely clarify, but you definitely don't want to come into this game thinking it's all fun and sex.
Zelan wrote:I love the theme! ^_^ Jazz is amazing.
When it comes to serious compositions, I'm completely new to the genre, so thank you! I'll definitely have more up for the thread and the Kickstarter when it launches!

YaminoOkami
Regular
Projects: 17th Astral

#24 Post by YaminoOkami »

So to answer those question you asked:

1) The most attractive guy for me is definitely Valimer he is so beautiful, I like everything about him, his eyes, bangs, hair color, lips I would be so disappointed if he wasn't romanceable. I thought he is a Girl at first true (I lean more toward Girls then boys), and even among girls he is a most attractive one.
2) For Girls I found Clanice and Velvet to be most attractive.
3) I think some art books (Digital or physical) and exclusive art in general are always nice rewards.
4) Me not, I hate when I play a good demo and then have to wait for a long time for release of full game.
5) Crossdressing :) that just my taste as someone who prefers Girls over Boys.
6) Is Valimer a Crossdresser or...? Is Valimer romanceable? Witch Female characters are going to be romanceable?

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#25 Post by ProjectTrinity »

YaminoOkami wrote:So to answer those question you asked:

1) The most attractive guy for me is definitely Valimer he is so beautiful, I like everything about him, his eyes, bangs, hair color, lips I would be so disappointed if he wasn't romanceable. I thought he is a Girl at first true (I lean more toward Girls then boys), and even among girls he is a most attractive one.
2) For Girls I found Clanice and Velvet to be most attractive.
3) I think some art books (Digital or physical) and exclusive art in general are always nice rewards.
4) Me not, I hate when I play a good demo and then have to wait for a long time for release of full game.
5) Crossdressing :) that just my taste as someone who prefers Girls over Boys.
6) Is Valimer a Crossdresser or...? Is Valimer romanceable? Witch Female characters are going to be romanceable?
Thanks for your commentary and feedback!

Valimer is definitely datable and often dresses in attire people on earth would call traditionally 'feminine', so expect dresses, cute blouses, and, um, other types of clothes. Every character seen on the thread is datable except Merixa, who is happily married to her two husbands.

wingcinna
Tumblr: wingcinna

#26 Post by wingcinna »

I love the looks and sound of this game *o*
Working on: sci-fi sprites and another project with Owl

ProjectTrinity
Regular

#27 Post by ProjectTrinity »

UPDATE: As we enter the final phase of the demo, voice acting auditions are finally up and running! Not sure if I have any VAs here looking at this thread, but if you read up on the game's tone and think you could possibly offer a compelling voice, check this thread out to audition for a chance to land a paying role!
wingcinna wrote:I love the looks and sound of this game *o*
Thank you! :'3

ProjectTrinity
Regular

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] VISUAL UHAUL!

#28 Post by ProjectTrinity »

VISUAL UPDATE:

At long last, we have a few key changes to showcase before the trailers finally start up:

+New, clearer logo!
+Placeholder UI has been replaced with the Demo UI (which will be replaced again for the full game)
+Replaced the screenshots with smaller, yet still readable .gifs!
+New sneak peeks at the soundtrack's style!
+January Kickstarter is still January!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] VISUAL OVERHAUL

#29 Post by Zelan »

Radio Aura sounds really nice. ^_^ Not necessarily something that I'd get up and dance to, but that's a good thing for background music. I just sat down and danced to it that way instead.

ProjectTrinity
Regular

Re: Women of Xal [GxB] [GxG] [Reverse-Harem] VISUAL OVERHAUL

#30 Post by ProjectTrinity »

The characters now have voices! You can expect to hear sneak peeks of them in the official demo's release! The full game will have them locked behind stretch goals, but in order to keep the budget as low as possible, this is the best approach.
Zelan wrote:Radio Aura sounds really nice. ^_^ Not necessarily something that I'd get up and dance to, but that's a good thing for background music. I just sat down and danced to it that way instead.
Many thanks! ^ -^v