Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

Re: Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

#61 Post by aeri »

Hope everyone has been doing well over the past two weeks!

While it is not a major update, I have a preview of how the current main screen looks like. This is closer to the final product, but feel free to leave comments on how I can improve any component (logo, game options, the hover effect, etc.) ^ ^

(The background picture is actually a video backdrop that transitions from daylight to night time before repeating itself...this screenshot is showcasing the "dusk/sunset" version.)

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.

#62 Post by aeri »

01/23/19 Update
• Character height chart (split into one for otome and another for BL)

aeri
Regular

#63 Post by aeri »

It's been a while since the last post!

While I do not have any new picture previews, currently:

1. I will be revamping most of the six storylines based on the ideas and takeaways I got from the book I've been reading since the last update. I will post the new descriptions in the next update~

2. The alternate ending theme song is in being composed :) Opening song and the preferred ending song is still in the early stages.

Piper
Regular
Projects: Refraction

#64 Post by Piper »

Seeing this game for the first time, and wow, it looks great! I look forward to seeing more. :D

aeri
Regular

#65 Post by aeri »

This game is still active, I apologize for the lack of updates as the main focus has been on the writing.

06/22/19 Update
• Updated prologue, gameplay, and route summaries to current concepts

aeri
Regular

#66 Post by aeri »

01/01/2020 Update
• New cover art previews
• Updated prologue description to reflect the current concept
• Currently, the demo is at ~50 pages of programming script. Half of the routes are in the editing process while the other half are in progress
• Opening song is completed (pending translated lyrics), and BGMs are still in progress

I apologize for the long wait!

aeri
Regular

#67 Post by aeri »

03/09/2020 Update
• Updated summaries for BL routes (primarily the romancing tavern chef route, some edits to the romancing blacksmith route)
• Demo currently halfway in coding, demo script is roughly 80% done
• Opening song now has English translated lyrics, Bad Ending song is halfway completed in the process

caibanh

#68 Post by caibanh »

*Sorry for my lame english!

I'm here just to let you guy know I'm still follow your pj and dying waiting for the demo each day past! Ever since the pj started!
I just wonder did you guy pay from your own pocket to make it? Cuz I see you guy didn't have Patreon. If so no wonder it took so long. If you release the demo do you guy intent to KS the game or something?

For the question

Which story summary is the least interesting to you?
Vanna and Hitoshi.

Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition?
Yes but for my friend. Since she take interest in otome side of this pj, I love both otome and BL btw. I love the idea of having separate LI for heroine and hero! Like, I wanna have something like the for a long long longgg time! But you not seeing them often (like Roommates idea: having a LI you can only date as hero OR heroine (because straight ppl exist)).

What merchandise would you purchase (and are likely to) with this game?
Artbook! But I prefer digital copy for many reason, mostly because I have to move often (I live in rent house), the live place is small so I don't have place to keep the physical stuff and so on.

Would you be interested in reading short stories of both main and supporting characters' backstories before the game's release?
I think I prefer reading them after release since I already get used to them at that time to have sentimental.

aeri
Regular

#69 Post by aeri »

caibanh wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:54 am I just wonder did you guy pay from your own pocket to make it? Cuz I see you guy didn't have Patreon. If so no wonder it took so long. If you release the demo do you guy intent to KS the game or something?
Thank you for patiently waiting on this project <3 I know it has been years since the project started, and I appreciate hearing from anyone who has waited a long time for even a demo.

Everything has commissioned and paid from my own pocket so far. Many of the art assets are ready to go (the backgrounds and the main characters + romanceable characters), other visual novel aspects as well (an opening song, some background music, and sound effects) but I have been getting stuck with the storywriting (I am not going to lie, it is especially difficult when I chose for this project to have six separate stories with no common routes rather than one story branching out into multiple routes).

With all that said, the writing is progressing with more concrete ideas. I am looking to finalize the events from beginning to end for all six routes sometimes this month so I can go back to rewriting and re-editing my current drafts that will be in the demo.

Once the script is programmed and reviewed by at least a few people, I will proceed with the demo release before opening the kickstarter soon after.

If you have any questions about what I wrote, I am more than happy to clarify any information~ I apologize that I haven't been checking the lemmasoft thread recently so this reply is a couple of days late.

Take care in the meantime ^ ^

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#70 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

The art in this is beyond gorgeous.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.