Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

Re: Thereafter: A Medieval Life [GxB][BxB][Romance][VN][Comm]

#31 Post by aeri »

08/20/17 Update
• Added character info card for the male!MC (his composer outfit is pictured) and updated the blacksmith's character card (now has a first name with an unknown surname due to his background)

abscission
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves

#32 Post by abscission »

This looks very promising but also very huge, be careful and pace yourself so that you don't burn out! I will be following this thread, all the best!!

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.

#33 Post by aeri »

abscission wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:21 pm This looks very promising but also very huge, be careful and pace yourself so that you don't burn out! I will be following this thread, all the best!!
Thank you very much for your comment and following/support^ ^

I definitely will be pacing myself on this project and seeing this through the end!

aeri
Regular

#34 Post by aeri »

09/08/17 Update
• Added first draft of game preview

MilanaWalters
Regular

#35 Post by MilanaWalters »

really like the art you've added, everything looks so beautiful :)
kinda disappointed that the knight type is straight again, im tired of this in video games with romances "sigh" but the blacksmith looks very cool, so i guess i'll live :p

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#36 Post by Zelan »

MilanaWalters wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 am really like the art you've added, everything looks so beautiful :)
kinda disappointed that the knight type is straight again, im tired of this in video games with romances "sigh" but the blacksmith looks very cool, so i guess i'll live :p
You can play a male knight and have a romance with a male tavern chef. c:

aeri
Regular

#37 Post by aeri »

Zelan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:49 pm
MilanaWalters wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 am really like the art you've added, everything looks so beautiful :)
You can play a male knight and have a romance with a male tavern chef. c:
I apologize that I didn't include a BL route specifically romancing a knight character :\ Maybe I may consider adding routes so both MCs can romance someone of all class types to the kickstarter stretch goals, but I haven't finalized the details yet.

But yes, in the current plans, there is the alternative where you're the male knight character, and you are romancing the tavern chef as Zelan mentioned :)

I am hoping to finish the demo within a month from now!

aeri
Regular

#38 Post by aeri »

Apologies for the very late update!

10/14/17 Update
• Added last 4 romanceable sprites (pending character card implementation)
• 1 CG preview for otome route

Rahnos
Regular

#39 Post by Rahnos »

This all looks so great! Looking forward to it :-)

aeri
Regular

#40 Post by aeri »

This project is still alive! I apologize for the lack of updates and unexpected hiatus.

While I do not have any previews right now, but--
1. The last background for the game is currently being worked on.
2. The preview picture will change once I get the programming back on track (I was stuck on a coding program and hopefully things will go smoothly from here).
3. Story is getting reworked in certain parts for the routes being featured in the game demo.

While I can't promise any routine updates right now, this project will continue on and hoping to make A LOT of progress on it this year!

Happy Belated New Years, everyone!

aeri
Regular

#41 Post by aeri »

04/21/18 Update
• All backgrounds commissioned are completed!
• I had a programming concern that was resolved thanks to the software update!
• Storyboards, other art assets, and background music specifically for this game are still in progress

It is another update post with no previews, but next update I will be finishing the character cards and hopefully get a solid draft on the title screens and game previews!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#42 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Love the look of the art in this.

Which story summary is the least interesting to you? Any suggestions to help improve the story will be appreciated and considered.
Hard to say from the short info given. I'd say the one that intrigues me the most is composerxblacksmith.

Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition? (For example, the projected early bird prices for the otome or the BL editions will be $12 versus buying the full edition with both the otome and BL routes at early bird price of $20.)
I'm more interested in BL.

If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer? (Current options are 11" x 17" (27.9 cm × 43.2 cm), 13" x 19" (33.0 cm x 48.3 cm), and 17" x 25" (43.2 cm x 63.5 cm)) Also, if you have any preference toward posters printed on glossy or semi-gloss paper?
Not particularly interested in posters.

For game resolution, would you prefer a 16:9 ratio at 1280x720 (where the background art is cropped at the top and bottom) or an odd ratio due to the original art dimensions (A3/A4)?
I'd rather it fit my computer screen without black borders at the top and bottom. So probably 16:9 ratio at 1280x720.

Any comments/questions/suggestions?
Good luck with it.

aeri
Regular

#43 Post by aeri »

Lesleigh63 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:38 pm Love the look of the art in this.

Which story summary is the least interesting to you? Any suggestions to help improve the story will be appreciated and considered.
Hard to say from the short info given. I'd say the one that intrigues me the most is composerxblacksmith.

Would you like to have the option to purchase this game as an otome edition or BL edition? (For example, the projected early bird prices for the otome or the BL editions will be $12 versus buying the full edition with both the otome and BL routes at early bird price of $20.)
I'm more interested in BL.

If posters were offered, what sizes would you prefer? (Current options are 11" x 17" (27.9 cm × 43.2 cm), 13" x 19" (33.0 cm x 48.3 cm), and 17" x 25" (43.2 cm x 63.5 cm)) Also, if you have any preference toward posters printed on glossy or semi-gloss paper?
Not particularly interested in posters.

For game resolution, would you prefer a 16:9 ratio at 1280x720 (where the background art is cropped at the top and bottom) or an odd ratio due to the original art dimensions (A3/A4)?
I'd rather it fit my computer screen without black borders at the top and bottom. So probably 16:9 ratio at 1280x720.

Any comments/questions/suggestions?
Good luck with it.
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments :) It is likely that I will actually be using a 1366 x 768 resolution at this time, so I will remove that particular question from the list now~

aeri
Regular

#44 Post by aeri »

04/29/18 Update
• Replaced first draft game preview with second draft game preview (next draft will include removing the gear at the bottom right corner and an updated message window where the options to save, load, rewind, fast foward, and etc. will be at the bottom of the window)

Character card for at least Vanna (one of the occupations for our female protagonist) will be updated next week.

aeri
Regular

#45 Post by aeri »

05/08/18 Update
Updated character cards for the four that have already been done (both male and female protagonists, Edgar the romanceable knight, and Antonio the romanceable blacksmith)

Upcoming updates in the future include changing the GUI to reflect the intended style (options on the bottom and etc.) as mentioned in the previous update post, character cards for the last 4 romanceable men, and story summaries will be updated if there is a change the story.