Floret Bond [Fantasy][Poly GxB/B][Free✿]Demo!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Floret Bond [Fantasy][Poly GxB/B][Free✿]Demo!

#1 Post by Googaboga »

Floret Bond is a free fantasy otome Visual Novel/Crafting Sim that’s super cute and all about developing a polyamorous relationship between the main character and the male leads.

We love feedback so please feel free to share your opinion. We'll be glad to read it!
40,000 words (or so) of adorable events
Two male love interests and multiple varieties of poly romance to develop between them
Choices that help shape the personality of the MC
Simple and fun crafting gameplay elements
Partial voice acting

Right now only a demo is available. The demo is 8,000 words long and currently doesn't include the crafting gameplay elements or voice acting. Those will be added in a future update.

Peony lives a peaceful life dedicated to self-improvement in a small elven village. It is a simple town and there is little reason for an outsider to come by. If ever a stranger does come knocking there’s usually only one reason for it, they need Peony’s service. Within this world individuals with magical talent choose one area to specialize in. Peony has a rather unique expertise; she studies the art of neutralization. With the competition so limited and her prowess so well known, it has become normal for her to be approached by neighbors and outsiders alike stuck in shocking and absurd magical situations desperate for someone who can undo it all. No matter how many unusual jobs she’s hired for, Peony reminds herself that something stranger can always occur. And yet today she’ll be getting a commission that is truly worth remembering.
“Good evening, sir. Can I help you with something?”
“Of course! Look! Can’t you see?”
“Oh my, you’ve got a little bird on your back.”
“I know! Get this off! Please.”
You can click the chibis to see the character's in-game sprite!
“Ah, silly me. Please, come in, come in!”
Name: Peony
Magical Specialty: Neutralization
Race: Light Elf
Generally social species, omnivores, relatively high magical capabilities

Peony is a young woman who lives alone in a relatively normal town. She works as a freelance neutralizer, meaning she cancels active magic. Those who have gotten themselves in over their heads seek her out to negate wayward spells and the like. Her most recent commission is to undo a bonding seal.

Peony is outgoing and curious, with a desire to know as much about the world around her as possible. At times she can come across as unnecessarily nosy, which is something she’s working on improving. She loves the art of neutralization. It gives her an excuse to study all varieties of magic and the tasks she gets hired for are always unique. Other than studying, Peony’s favorite pastime is lighthearted flirting.
“What? Is there a reason you need to know my name?”
Name: Krishin
Magical Specialty: Water and Plant
Race: Horned Centaur
Usually solitary species, herbivores, extremely high magical capabilities

Krishin is a horned centaur, a rare sight for these parts. He has traveled from his usual home, in the depths of a forest, to civilization in order to get help with his unfortunate predicament. For unexplained reasons, he is under the power of a bonding seal, making him and his travelling companion literally inseparable.

It is immediately apparent that Krishin has very limited social experience. He doesn’t want to talk to others and barely knows how to without coming across as ignorant or rude. However, it is also clear that Krishin attempts to be polite and improve with each interaction; he’s just not very good at it. Overall, though, he’s harmless. Krishin has a deep affinity for the beauty of nature. His hobby is making flower crowns and rings.
"..."
Name: Gata
Magical Specialty: -
Race: Common Harpy
Highly social species, carnivores, low magical capabilities

The bird on Krishin’s back and the other half of the bonding seal. Gata is a harpy, which is odd considering harpies are not indigenous to any area within this region. What is also odd is the fact that Gata refuses to speak at the moment. According to Krishin, he is able to and has just decided not to. He only intently observes, ever perched on Krishin’s lower half.

Gata is unusual. Being able to decipher his thought processes is an acquired skill. His stoic face and monotone way of speaking don’t make figuring that out any easier. If all you do is let him explain you’ll get half the story, if anything. Gata has a long list of activities he enjoys. Many are things that are probably upsetting to non-carnivores.
You can click an image to see it in a larger size!
-Text color not final-
ImageImage
ImageImage
Floret Bond has a few interactive gameplay elements. We'll have updates in the future to explain exactly how they all work. For now, here's the basic info-
• Normal dialog choices (to determine how close Peony is to each guy)
• Emotion based choices (to partially shape Peony’s personality and determine if she sees a guy in a romantic or platonic way)
• Skip-able foraging, crafting, trading, and gifting systems (for additional events and endings. It is a lax style of gameplay that doesn't revolve around winning or losing, you simply can put in extra time/thought to get extra content)

Writer/Programmer: Googaboga
Sprite Artist: akemicchi
GUI Artist: potouto
Background Artist: Lauren A. (not on LemmaSoft)
Additional GUI Pieces: Kingv, BlueFirefly (not on LemmaSoft), Minyan

If you like this project, please consider volunteering to be the next member of the group! The main positions open are:
• GUI Programmer
• Musician
• Additional Character Artists (for in-game chibis, or promo pieces, or other such works)

If you have another type of skill you’d like to contribute, feel free to get in touch about it.

If you’re able to, it’d really help us out if you answered one or more of these questions-
• Which of the three characters do you like most so far?
• How do you feel about the romance being strictly polyamorous?
• Are you interested in the gameplay parts or do you plan to skip through that?
• Any questions, comments, concerns?

We’ll be posting info for Floret Bond on other sites soon, for now you can still follow the GB Patch pages for updates and screenshots of our other projects!
Thanks for reading ^3^~
Last edited by Googaboga on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 16 times in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Floret Bond [Fantasy][Poly GxB/B][Crafting]Free✿

#2 Post by Googaboga »

We'll update with gameplay info later~
Last edited by Googaboga on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
In-Progress:
Released:

chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

#3 Post by chickandnugget »

• Which of the three characters do you like most so far? Uh...so Gata is adorable.
• How do you feel about the romance being strictly polyamorous? I don't mind! I think it's actually pretty interesting. I'm always up for things that are new and different in games, though.
• Are you interested in the gameplay parts or do you plan to skip through that? I am! I'm interested to see how the emotion-based choices work, and how much impact they have on her personality.
• Any questions, comments, concerns? Just from the screenshots, it's a little difficult to read the text (because the box is such a light color and the text is white) The art and GUI look beautiful, though!
Last edited by chickandnugget on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nekobara
Regular

#4 Post by nekobara »

• Which of the three characters do you like most so far? You mean I have to pick just one? But Krishin is...super sexy. And Peony is...so adorable! And Gata is...the mysterious silent type. I really like that... But gah! I guess I'm going to have to go with the sexy centaur. When in doubt, always go with the sexy centaur.

• How do you feel about the romance being strictly polyamorous? Polyamorous is A-okay! I'd actually really like to see it. I think it should be pretty interesting, and interesting is always great. Because interesting is interesting, you know?

• Are you interested in the gameplay parts or do you plan to skip through that? Am I interested? What kind of silly question is that? Whether it's tough to get through or not, I am determined to try my hand at them! Bring it on! I will give it all I've got! But you know, after multiple tries and many failures, I may just have to admit defeat and choose to skip. I am sorry. I am a weakling. *sniff*

•Any questions, comments, concerns? Yes. I do have a question. Why does this game look so wonderful? Why does it seem like it will be the epitome of cute, fluffy, comical, fantasy romance? Are you and everyone who is a part of your team really so amazing?

Good luck! I'm really looking forward to your game's release! :)
*meow*

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks for the replies guys. We're glad there's an interest in the project :D.
chickandnugget wrote:Uh...so Gata is adorable.

Hehe, thank you.
chickandnugget wrote:I don't mind! I think it's actually pretty interesting. I'm always up for things that are new and different in games, though.

That's great! We're definitely gonna do our best to make it play out differently than a standard VN romance and then just suddenly have it end in a polyamorous relationship.
chickandnugget wrote:I am! I'm interested to see how the emotion-based choices work, and how much they impact they have on her personality.

With the emotion choices, something will be said or done by another character and sometimes you'll get to decide what emotion it elicits from Peony. There will be two or three (depending on how much time we have) emotional ways to respond to it and you can choose between having it make her see the guy in a more friendly way or more romantic way. Those choices only show up in the first half (or so) of the game and then you get the results showing up as alterations in the second half of the game. It'll determine how she reacts to things that come later and will decide her role/dynamic in the relationship with the two guys.

How many alterations there will be in the second half of the game will also depend on how much time we have. We're not opposed to the idea of having updates after the full release every now and then that add more content though.
chickandnugget wrote:Just from the screenshots, it's a little difficult to read the text (because the box is such a light color and the text is white) The art and GUI look beautiful, though!
Haha, yeah. Those screenshots are mockups, since the GUI hasn't been added to the game. After I put it all together in an image editing program I realized the text was too light, but didn't want to redo the pictures to fix that :'D. We'll make sure to improve on that with the actual game.

nekobara wrote:You mean I have to pick just one? But Krishin is...super sexy. And Peony is...so adorable! And Gata is...the mysterious silent type. I really like that... But gah! I guess I'm going to have to go with the sexy centaur. When in doubt, always go with the sexy centaur.
For this question, you do have to pick one. Though in the game you don't have to pick just one :wink:. And that's a very fair point of view, aha. Thanks!
nekobara wrote:Polyamorous is A-okay! I'd actually really like to see it. I think it should be pretty interesting, and interesting is always great. Because interesting is interesting, you know?
I'm glad. We hope we can successfully make it a memorable relationship :3.
nekobara wrote:Am I interested? What kind of silly question is that? Whether it's tough to get through or not, I am determined to try my hand at them! Bring it on! I will give it all I've got! But you know, after multiple tries and many failures, I may just have to admit defeat and choose to skip. I am sorry. I am a weakling. *sniff*
Hooray! And no worries, the gameplay isn't really about winning or losing, it's just about putting in extra time to get extra content. Unless you're trying to get a really high amount of extra content in one go, there's little chance you won't be able to accomplish whatever you're hoping to do :].
nekobara wrote:Yes. I do have a question. Why does this game look so wonderful? Why does it seem like it will be the epitome of cute, fluffy, comical, fantasy romance? Are you and everyone who is a part of your team really so amazing?
Aaw, haha, thanks. All that has certainly been our goal. It's fantastic the effort seems to be paying off :mrgreen:.
nekobara wrote:Good luck! I'm really looking forward to your game's release! :)
Thank you very much!
In-Progress:
Released:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Floret Bond [Fantasy][Poly GxB/B][Romance/Friendship]Fre

#6 Post by Zelan »

:o Another game from you! ^_^
Which of the three characters do you like most so far?
All of them. I really don't think I can choose... I guess if I had to, I'd say Peony. She seems like a bright, curious type. And I'll admit I'm a sucker for lighthearted flirting.

How do you feel about the romance being strictly polyamorous?
A++++++
(The lack of polyamory is basically why I don't read romance novels much. The plot is nearly always something like 'Girl meets two guys. Girl says, "which guy should i pick i like BOTh oF tHeM." Girl picks one guy after much angst." Like bruh. Polyamory would just solve this problem entirely. And, if you really like both guys THAT MUCH, you probably are polyamorous.)
In other words, I don't see it nearly enough - even with VNs, I think I've only ever seen it as a stretch goal on Kickstarter projects, and certainly never as an unavoidable part of the ending. It won't work for every plot, of course, but I think it's time we saw more of it.

Are you interested in the gameplay parts or do you plan to skip through that?
I love gameplay! I would definitely appreciate the option to skip in case I'm not skilled enough to beat them, but I'd definitely at least try the games before skipping.

Any questions, comments, concerns?
I noticed that you have potouto and Minyan on your team for this VN! I love their work, that makes me even more excited for this game. ^_^ And I swear I've seen akemicchi's name somewhere before, but I can't think where.

ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

#7 Post by ProjectTrinity »

Gah, sadly I don't have any time to make free music, but if I did, this would definitely be up there! Everything looks so darned charming!

---
• Which of the three characters do you like most so far?

Peony, as I like her aesthetics the best and I'm a sucker for magic-canceling abilities.

• How do you feel about the romance being strictly polyamorous?

"Cast no stones." Not that I'm in such a relationship, but I know half the cast in my VN are in polyamorous relationships, so if I wasn't fine with it, it'd be a bit silly.

• Are you interested in the gameplay parts or do you plan to skip through that?

Always interested in the gameplay portions of anything. It's part of the experience and I hate robbing myself of anything.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Googaboga »

Thanks for answering the questions, you two <3.
Zelan wrote::o Another game from you! ^_^
Haha, yep. And it won't be the last :wink:.
Zelan wrote:All of them. I really don't think I can choose... I guess if I had to, I'd say Peony. She seems like a bright, curious type. And I'll admit I'm a sucker for lighthearted flirting.
Glad they're all appealing! And, great. Peony is more... low-key than MCs in my games tend to be, so I'm happy she's still able to win people over.
Zelan wrote:A++++++
(The lack of polyamory is basically why I don't read romance novels much. The plot is nearly always something like 'Girl meets two guys. Girl says, "which guy should i pick i like BOTh oF tHeM." Girl picks one guy after much angst." Like bruh. Polyamory would just solve this problem entirely. And, if you really like both guys THAT MUCH, you probably are polyamorous.)
In other words, I don't see it nearly enough - even with VNs, I think I've only ever seen it as a stretch goal on Kickstarter projects, and certainly never as an unavoidable part of the ending. It won't work for every plot, of course, but I think it's time we saw more of it.
Haha, agreed. Truthfully, one of the reasons I used this premise in a free game rather than a commercial one is because I wanted as many people to be able to play it as possible to hopefully normalize the idea and encourage more VNs to have poly relationships, ahah. Poly has always been a relationship style that's made sense to me and I'd be really glad to see more of it in VNs. But either way, this will almost certainly not be the only game I make where that's an option by default.
Zelan wrote:I love gameplay! I would definitely appreciate the option to skip in case I'm not skilled enough to beat them, but I'd definitely at least try the games before skipping.
Wonderful :mrgreen:. And, I should probably add this to the first post, but the gameplay is very lax. You're just putting in extra time/thought to get extra content by doing different things. There's no specific goal of the gameplay you're taxed to achomplish.
Zelan wrote:I noticed that you have potouto and Minyan on your team for this VN! I love their work, that makes me even more excited for this game. ^_^ And I swear I've seen akemicchi's name somewhere before, but I can't think where.
potouto did pretty much all the GUI, which I can't thank her enough for. Minyan provided the cursor for the foraging mini-game, but still, the work they've done on other projects is certainly fantastic C:.

akemicchi was the main sprite artist for XOXO Droplets and has a very neat project of her own called Magician's of Delphine :>.

ProjectTrinity wrote:Gah, sadly I don't have any time to make free music, but if I did, this would definitely be up there! Everything looks so darned charming!
No worries. We really appreciate the interest and compliments :D.
ProjectTrinity wrote:Peony, as I like her aesthetics the best and I'm a sucker for magic-canceling abilities.
Yay. I love the two guys, but it is always tricky to make a protag that isn't out-shined by the LIs so it's a relief when people are drawn to the MC.
ProjectTrinity wrote:"Cast no stones." Not that I'm in such a relationship, but I know half the cast in my VN are in polyamorous relationships, so if I wasn't fine with it, it'd be a bit silly.
That's really neat ^^. I'm happy to see another VN dev including poly relationships.
ProjectTrinity wrote:Always interested in the gameplay portions of anything. It's part of the experience and I hate robbing myself of anything.
Cool. Hopefully we'll be able to pull the concept off and make it worth your while.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Googaboga »

Oh, and please check out the lovely sketches of Peony that were done by other members!

By Mellanthe-

By Yokura-
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Googaboga »

Unfortunately, it probably won't be until next week that the gameplay details start getting added. Once those do start we'll have updates pretty regularly. For now though, I added a sketch of the main menu image to the top of the first post :].
In-Progress:
Released:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#11 Post by Zelan »

Goodness, it's so cute! <3 I already love these characters and I haven't even started playing the game yet. *-* You have a talent for interesting ideas, Googabooga.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Googaboga »

Aaw, thanks Zelan >v<. Admittedly, characters being cute through writing is not my forte, but I'm gonna try my best to pull it off and do the basic idea/overall appearance of the game justice.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Googaboga »

The colored version of the main menu image is finished and has been added to the top of the first post!

And the first gameplay update will definitely be up later this week~
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Googaboga »

Gameplay Update #1: Basic Choices-

Name Select:
Before the game officially starts you’ll get to choose the MC’s name. Her default is “Peony” and you can use up to 12 characters when naming her.

Dialog Choices:
Like most Visual Novels, you’ll get to choose what Peony says at certain points in the game. In each case there will be two options; one that increases Krishin’s favor towards Peony and one that increases Gata’s favor towards Peony. We imagine there will be one or so of these types of choices per in-game day.

Emotion Choices:
Along with what she says, there will also be times when you get to decide how she reacts emotionally to something. These types of choices come up when you’re interacting with just one of the guys, rather than both at the same time. Again, there will be two options each time. Which one you choose will partially shape Peony’s personality and determine how she reacts to things later in the game.

And there is a second component to the emotional choices. You will get to decide directly if Peony now feels more romantically interested in the guy or not. You make her have more of a crush on the guy by clicking the heart box before choosing either of the emotional responses. If you go straight to clicking an emotion option, there will be no increase in romantic attraction to the guy. You’ll get a nice friendship end if you never click the heart boxes.
The design of this screen may change in the full version of the game.
In-Progress:
Released:

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#15 Post by illuminate001 »

This is so beautiful Googaboga, I really love the crafty almost PaperMario-esque thing going for the art style. Everything is so soft and pastely...it really gives this such a unique look that it stands out form the rest. Anyways I can't wait to at least try out the demo when that comes out and leave my thoughts in comment form here!

Also, I'm really glad I stumbled onto this cause now I am going to try out XOXO Droplets! <3
ImageImage
ImageImage