The Sibling Experiment [COMPLETED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

The Sibling Experiment [COMPLETED]

#1 Post by Godline »

ITCH.IO LINK

The Sibling Experiment has two playable protagonists.
82k words.
Options to get fuzzy family endings, light and sappy romance endings or mystery solved endings for each girl.

It's based on a screenplay that I wrote about 10 years ago. But I've had some awesome people helping make it fresh with such dated content. Haha.

Basically it's aimed towards all ages, but especially girls who know how frustrating it is having a sibling.

Last edited by Godline on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: The Sibling Experiment [Family, Drama, Romance]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

This looks like a bunch of fun. I'm so ready to get mystery solved and happy family endings :mrgreen:.

I was wondering who you romanced. Is it the other girl, the opposite brothers, other people they know (like Johnno), a combination of those possibilities?

Either way, congrats on all your progress. I'm really looking forward to playing it in January!
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Godline
Veteran

#3 Post by Godline »

Mainly romance options for each other's brothers (no incest options, sorry to those on Steam who are clearly excited about incest, haha) and Johnno.

I guess I could have gone crazy with other romance options, haha. But truthfully I hadn't even thought about all the other options until seeing your post!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

I think your story will benefit by exploring topics such as...

* How the siblings relate to each other. What are their conflicts? In which ways do they admire or respect each other?

* The girls' and guys' thoughts about each other. Do Jasmine and Terry Jane see the other person as friends or rivals? Do Eric, Tyler, and Johnno get along?

* Their opinions regarding love interests. For instance, is Eric sometimes protective about Jasmine, and wants her to find the right person?
Godline wrote:Mainly romance options for each other's brothers (no incest options...) and Johnno.
That's fine. I believe it's good to establish the boundaries for your story's content. It sounds like you want your story to have the equivalent of a PG-13 rating or an ESRB Teen rating.

Godline
Veteran

#5 Post by Godline »

I do indeed want it to be for all ages to enjoy. It was originally written as a screenplay which had a very 'Disney channel' vibe to it. I had wanted to do something about it for ages and with my lack of contacts in the movie business, here we are today.

Jasmine and Terry Jane see the other person as friends or rivals?
Jasmine and TJ have very different interests, so they don't really have any reason to see each other as rivals. There might be a chance to add a little bit of rivalry in if Jasmine decides to persue Johnno however.

Do Eric, Tyler, and Johnno get along?
Eric and Tyler sort of do, though because of their age difference they don't really have as much to do with one another.

Eric sometimes protective about Jasmine, and wants her to find the right person?

Eric actually would be, which TJ finds out after the switch. Jasmine doesn't really have a chance to find out that because she has no love interests pre-switch. Again, there's a chance to show some of that if Jasmine persues Johnno (though that was always an afterthought ending).

Tyler however wouldn't care less about TJ's romantic choices. But he's not the older brother. ;)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This looks SUPER adorable--as a girl with a brother myself, this looks to be a lot of fun! Me and my brother are really close, and I like how (as I read this thread) there's no incest endings---it's so hard to find stories in the anime community with non-incest brother-sister relationships.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Godline
Veteran

#7 Post by Godline »

Hehe. Really? Are you one of those siblings that make the rest of us gag? ;) Joking.
I have a good relationship with my bro now... but when I was younger, not so much. Hence the inspiration.

Def. no incest
but there are some 'awkward moments'.

Godline
Veteran

#8 Post by Godline »

I'll just leave this here:
https://godline.itch.io/the-sibling-experiment

Thanks to absolutely everyone that contributed to this finally being finished. We put it up as a prototype but I think there won't be many changes as of the current builds.

Godline
Veteran

Re: The Sibling Experiment [COMPLETED]

#9 Post by Godline »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tse.vw

After all the drama... and censorship... it's up on Google Play... without the boobs.