Your Royal Gayness (Humor, LGBT+)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

Re: Your Royal Gayness (Humor, LGBT+)

#31 Post by Ertal77 »

Aviala wrote:We just got Greenlit a couple of days ago! Yeahhh! :D That means the game will be available on Steam upon it's release.
Congratulations!! :D
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#32 Post by Aviala »

Thank you! <3

I actually wrote a lengthy update on Kickstarter about our progress on the game during the last month. Read it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/my ... ts/1893161

TLDR:
-The game currently supports 2 playstyles, Tyrant and Altruist. We're hoping to add more.
-Event art is being made. We currently have well over 10 even graphics and counting.
-Better UI for save, load and help screens, plus Management phase UI.
-Design changes: less focus on war, more focus on stories. Added stat raising.

Follow us on Facebook for bi-weekly updates and related content! ;) https://www.facebook.com/yourroyalgayness/

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Aviala »

A little update on the images that have disappeared from this thread:

Apparently, Photobucket has decided to stop doing the only thing I was using it for aka hosting pics to post on forums. Now it's just shitty photo storage unless I upgrade with real money, and I'm sure I can find a free alternative. But until then, I'm sorry about the images not showing. Editing all the posts would be a little troublesome, but I'll at least fix the opening post as soon as I can.

As for the development of the game, things are moving forward. You can read our latest Kickstarter update here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/my ... ts/1932895

As the post says our current estimated release date is somewhere in October, but to be honest I can't make any promises yet. I'm suffering from a wrist injury, and as you guys can probably imagine, it's pretty devastating for an artist to be restricted by wrist pains. That has caused me to have issues with mental health as well.
The problem's aren't TOO bad - I'm still able to work. It's just a little slow on my part at the moment, but luckily our freelancers are working hard and producing awesome content for YRG <3

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Aviala »

Hey all!

I finally had the time and energy to fix the images in the first post. It's not perfect yet, but much better already.
I also updated the progress persentages - We've now got about half of the stories written for the game, and at least a half of the music tracks are also done!

There's still a lot to do, especially coding-wise, so I've decided to get some coding help. Morgana aka MysteryCorgi has been helping out with the financial side of things and the aftermath of the Kickstarter campaign, and if she has time she'll help me out with coding. If not, keep your eyes on the recruitment section.... ;)

We also just got a few new teammates: A new writer, since one of our original writers is now too busy to continue, and 2 interns who will be doing art and music for the game.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Aviala »

This topic has been kinda quiet, sorry about that! :D I've been focusing on coding like crazy. I've added a bunch of new features, like the management phase where you can manage your resources and give commands to your advisors, among other things. The game has come so far from the way it used to be when we released the demo!

It has actually come so far that we're hoping to release the game in January! :0

Our writers have also been writing a lot. We've got two kinds of story categories in the game: Audiences (or Storylines) where the player makes decisions about the Kingdom of Al-Marahij, and Events which are more personal and deal with Amir's life rather than just his work.

I've also coded in Princes for the other Kingdoms. Amir can date them after he figures out whether they're gay or not. We've got a bunch of fun dating events ready to go, though I need to do a bit more coding before we can implement the event stories into the game. I'll be working on the dating and event structure next week.

The game is gonna be really fun; I love the little stories that our writers have done, and even though I'm getting a little tired of listening to it, our soundtrack is coming together nicely. I still have a huuuuge amount of work ahead of me; I'm not very experienced at scheduling and it's difficult to estimate how much work I can get done in a day so I'm a little behind schedule, but it seems like I'll manage to code everything in time for testing.

Speaking of testing, we're gonna need testers at the start of January, so keep your eyes peeled for posts about testing! Testers who submit feedback will receive discount codes for the game.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Aviala »

Hear ye! Hear ye! Beta testing for Your Royal Gayness is starting soon!
Find out more here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=47368

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Aviala »

Your Royal Gayness will be released on the 25th of January! We've also got a new launch trailer!!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_UHslWTm0S0[/youtube]

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Aviala »

Your Royal Gayness was released a couple of days ago!! I was so tired I forgot to post about it here, oops...
You can buy it from Steam and Itch.io!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/76521 ... l_Gayness/
https://aviala.itch.io/your-royal-gayness

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#39 Post by Zelan »

Yooooo you're gone for a couple months and you almost miss your most anticipated game coming out!! It's great to see this available, congratulations!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Aviala »

Zelan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:35 pm Yooooo you're gone for a couple months and you almost miss your most anticipated game coming out!! It's great to see this available, congratulations!
Thank you!! I'm happy to hear you're excited about the game! <3

It still has a few bugs but we're rolling out a patch that will hopefully fix all of them in a few days or so.

dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

#41 Post by dragondatingsim »

Congrats on the launch!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran