Silent Voices [Psychological][Romance][Sci-fi][Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
marionettas
Regular
Projects: Silent Voices
Organization: tamagobuns
Tumblr: tamagobuns

Re: Silent Voices [GxB][GxG][Psychological][Romance][Sci-fi]

#31 Post by marionettas »

Albert Fernandez wrote:
marionettas wrote: Hey, thanks! Unfortunately I'm not the artist (can't draw at all) but I'll be sure to let them know that you said that.
Just planned for PC right now. Will probably try to get it up on Steam though I heard that's not very fun to do so yeah lol.
Nice... and for curiosity, you have a composer in the team?
Yes I do.

marionettas
Regular

#32 Post by marionettas »

Hello! So we're into March now and chugging along.
Some updates:

1. New sprite! Her name's Luna, and she is the king's adopted daughter. Generally cheerful and likes to work hard. Stuffed animal was given to her by the king.
Now that she's done, there is one more sprite left before we're done with the main sprites!
(Though chibis and side characters may be coming depending on kickstarter goals)

2. We have a tumblr now! It's kind of empty right now but I'll be posting a lot more stuff and updates there, so please follow it and tell your friends about it too. I'd really appreciate it. (x)

3. Promo art is being produced right now and a video editor has been found, so the kickstarter will go up sometime during April! I'll post more about it as the time nears, but fingers crossed for a successful funding.

And that's all I have for now since I want to keep the promo art mostly a surprise for the opening video.
Have a nice day~

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#33 Post by Zelan »

Oh, man, Luna's really cute. ^_^ Great to hear about all the progress!

marionettas
Regular

#34 Post by marionettas »

Zelan wrote:Oh, man, Luna's really cute. ^_^ Great to hear about all the progress!
Thank you! I agree, she's adorable. I spent all of yesterday wishing I could adopt her.

And we also have the final (route) sprite of the game.
His name is Avery. He accidentally turned into a real life Christmas tree, but that's okay. He's also very angry all the time and curses a lot. He's also an archer! (Which is probably obvious). One of the few archers that exist in Martasco because people view archers as "weak" because they're not on the front lines fighting.

Other than that, once again please check out the tumblr linked above, thanks!
I will start setting up the kickstarter next week, so please check back for the rewards and goodies. ^^
Have a nice day!

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#35 Post by LizardRobot »

1. Does the premise interest you?
I don't know that it jumps out and grabs me, but I don't have any issue with it. It's fine.

2. Who is your favorite character so far, based on appearances and Emmeline’s (probably) unreliable descriptions?
Delaney, definitely! Obligatory glasses for the win. :)

3. Would you support a kickstarter?
I would definitely consider it, depending on the rewards!

4. Any other questions or comments?
The sprites are gorgeous! I love them!

Syrale
Regular
Completed: Robot Daycare, Deep Sea Valentine, Locke(d)
Projects: Artificial Selection, Artificial Fashionista, rei_carnation
Github: kigyo
itch: kigyo
Discord: kigyodev

#36 Post by Syrale »

1. Does the premise interest you? - Definitely! I was already sold when seeing the tags "psychological" and "sci-fi".
2. Who is your favorite character so far, based on appearances and Emmeline’s (probably) unreliable descriptions? - I can't choose between Charlie and Leo because I'm weak for both cold girls and grumpy guys. Sebastian's character design is cute as well.
3. Would you support a kickstarter? - If the rewards are cool, yes!
4. Any other questions or comments? - From the graphics to the writing, everything seems to be my kind of thing. I'd really love to play the finished project!
ImageArtificial Selection (ongoing) |ImageDeep Sea Valentine | ImageRobot Daycare (NaNo19)
| ImageArtificial Fashionista (NaNo24)

My Developer Tools: Ren'Py Minimap/Location System | Ren'Py Word Counter+

marionettas
Regular

#37 Post by marionettas »

@LizardRobot and @Syrale

Thank you for answering the questions! I really appreciate it. I basically have all the rewards planned out so I just need to tidy it up a bit before I post it here so you guys can tell me if the rewards are terrible haha.

As for updates:
1. I've begun posting new character introductions on the tumblr with more information about the characters. You can find them at http://tamagobuns.tumblr.com/. I'll be posting them there every other day, so please follow! They look like this.

They're definitely different from Emmeline's haha.

2. All the art for the opening video has come in! All that's left is the animation now. Kickstarter will probably go live mid to late April, so please spread the word!
Also, as a hooray for finishing the art, here's one of the things you will see in the opening video.

Have a nice day!

marionettas
Regular

#38 Post by marionettas »

Hello! Hope you all are doing well.

I set up a draft Kickstarter page, so if you guys had time to look it over, I'd really appreciate it. If you don't really have time, then just glancing over the rewards and giving me feedback on those would be really appreciated too.

As of now, Kickstarter is planned for the week of May 1-5. I'll let you know if that changes.

Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/78 ... n=fb74eb8d

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Zelan »

In the plot description in the beginning, "reins" should be "reigns." Emmeline doesn't have a character card.

Other than that, it looks great! Very professional, very appealing. I would definitely make sure to start hyping it up on social media sites, get that buzz going.

(But why is Sebastian crying??? my poor baby *hugs*)

marionettas
Regular

#40 Post by marionettas »

Zelan wrote:In the plot description in the beginning, "reins" should be "reigns." Emmeline doesn't have a character card.

Other than that, it looks great! Very professional, very appealing. I would definitely make sure to start hyping it up on social media sites, get that buzz going.

(But why is Sebastian crying??? my poor baby *hugs*)
Oh my gosh, I've been pasting that description everywhere lol that's kind of embarrassing. Thanks for pointing it out!
Emmeline doesn't have a character card because she's a minor character.

Thank you! It took... a really long time haha Kickstarter's editor system is not very user-friendly.
And yep, I've been starting to spam it everywhere. Marketing's kind of hard, but I think I'm learning a lot.

And Sebastian is crying because he has a masochistic writer. (And he'll probably be crying a lot more too. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

marionettas
Regular

#41 Post by marionettas »

Hello! The opening video came in so I thought I'd share it.

Kickstarter will hopefully be up in the next few days. Still trying to sort some things out but yeah.
Please let me know if you have any comments or feedback!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Zelan »

I had to watch it with the sound of because I'm at school, but DANG is that beautiful! It looks professional. ^_^

marionettas
Regular

#43 Post by marionettas »

Zelan wrote:I had to watch it with the sound of because I'm at school, but DANG is that beautiful! It looks professional. ^_^
Thank you so much! I've been really hyped about it for a long time so I'm glad it turned out great.

KICKSTARTER UPDATE

Planned to go live on 5/4/2017 at 12PM EST!

A couple notes:
So I thought about it a lot and decided to keep this game free for my first Kickstarter attempt. Will be selling a Fan Disk afterward that I've packed in as a reward, but yeah, I'd appreciate if you could all help spread the word! If it fails, I'll probably have to relaunch and make it commercial, so we'll see. But yeah, success or fail, I'm pretty excited about it right now haha.

Syrale
Regular
Completed: Robot Daycare, Deep Sea Valentine, Locke(d)
Projects: Artificial Selection, Artificial Fashionista, rei_carnation
Github: kigyo
itch: kigyo
Discord: kigyodev

#44 Post by Syrale »

Unfortunately I can't watch the video right now because I don't have wifi, but the thumbnail already looks promising since I LOVE the art.
Will definitely be supporting this project and I hope the Kickstarter succeeds in the first run! Good luck!
ImageArtificial Selection (ongoing) |ImageDeep Sea Valentine | ImageRobot Daycare (NaNo19)
| ImageArtificial Fashionista (NaNo24)

My Developer Tools: Ren'Py Minimap/Location System | Ren'Py Word Counter+

marionettas
Regular

#45 Post by marionettas »

Syrale wrote:Unfortunately I can't watch the video right now because I don't have wifi, but the thumbnail already looks promising since I LOVE the art.
Will definitely be supporting this project and I hope the Kickstarter succeeds in the first run! Good luck!
Yeah I was a little surprised when Youtube only let me pick from like three thumbnails but it all worked out in the end.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.