Doki Doki Soft Boys [Comedy] [GxB,BxB, NBxB?]DEMO!!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
glithch
Regular

Doki Doki Soft Boys [Comedy] [GxB,BxB, NBxB?]DEMO!!!

#1 Post by glithch »

A story about a a protagonist with no specificied gender whos just very very lonely. Lonely enough to try to buy love from telemarket. What comes in a package is actually an empty damikura. But, is it really an error in printing?
4 love options. all cliche and cheap as heck.

Update: The demo is now up!! This thread has been dead for so long its very hard for me to believe im acctually letting this out into the world
Heres the link to itch.io https://glithch.itch.io/doki-doki-soft-boys <---

Love interests*:
(+ a secret dude i still didnt draw)
Cat boy:
breaks in to steal from you but hes hot so its ok. very cool, very suave but super jumpy and anxious. bandaids all over his body. he calls them his wounds. loves food and has the hunger of a shonen protagonist

Albino boy:
A ghost. Writes bad poetry, doesn't mind being dead and loves conspiracy theories. probably believes the earth is flat. actually very emotional.

Rich boy:
ran from loveless marriage and has a dark dark secret.
spoiled and loud. likes to think hes romantic. he isnt. embarassed easily. actually mexican and has dark brown hair. bleaches it because he thinks it makes him look more like a prince

Protag:
boy, girl, non binary? up to headcanons
not very talented at anything but their mom loves them
Last edited by glithch on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Doki Doki Soft Boys [Parody] [Romance] honest critique p

#2 Post by Zelan »

I came here from your thread in Creator Discussion about 2nd person. Usually, I don't like it much either, but looking at your sample, I think it works perfectly here. ^_^ (Your writing is very funny, by the way.)

glithch
Regular

#3 Post by glithch »

Zelan wrote:I came here from your thread in Creator Discussion about 2nd person. Usually, I don't like it much either, but looking at your sample, I think it works perfectly here. ^_^ (Your writing is very funny, by the way.)
omg thank you! thats so cool to hear. im hoping the rest will be amusing too :D

nekobara
Regular

#4 Post by nekobara »

Maybe it's just because I'm kind of into the story-it seems interesting and humorous, so I'm all for it-but I don't really have a problem with it being written in the second person point of view. It honestly doesn't bother me at all. I think it should be fine. And honestly, sometimes you have to write for yourself. If you like it best in second person, then you should write it in second person. If the story works best when written in second person, then you definitely have to do it. But if you want to change the point of view because you think it would be in the best interests of your game, then you should change it.

P.S. I really like no-name cat boy. I have a thing for cat people- Oh, no! My secret has been revealed! :roll: I'm also really digging all the band-aids. They make No-Name seem pretty badass, while he also seems to be pretty relaxed and laid-back. And then you throw in there that he's the jumpy and anxious type? I like him. I like him a lot.
*meow*

glithch
Regular

#5 Post by glithch »

nekobara wrote:.
Haha, the characters are still definitely a work in progress so they will develop a lot but yea, the cat guy is someone i really like too! my fav is probably the rich spoiled prince im finishing up drawing rn tho ill post him in a while B)
and nice, i will go for the 2nd person.

glithch
Regular

#6 Post by glithch »

Heres the rich boy guy!
hes spoiled and has a giant ego but blushes easily, would probably be the type of guy to call you 'baka'
im gonna edit the main post so it looks a bit prettier

nekobara
Regular

#7 Post by nekobara »

Ooh. I like the rich boy, too! The blonde hair is a nice touch. He's right, it makes him look much more princely. Haha.
*meow*

fmjaye
Regular
Projects: Blackout City (webcomic)
Tumblr: fakemagicjaye

#8 Post by fmjaye »

I don't normally go for parodies, but the title made me laugh and your art is really nice and your writing is funny and cat boys covered in bandages are 1000% my thing :'^D;;
Image Image
Artist on [redacted] life NaNoRenO 2016

glithch
Regular

#9 Post by glithch »

fmjaye wrote:I don't normally go for parodies, but the title made me laugh and your art is really nice and your writing is funny and cat boys covered in bandages are 1000% my thing :'^D;;
nice B) lmao honestly i really dont want to make it into a parody-parody. those feel kinda agressive and low in their humor,, even tho i still enjoy them from time to time. but im hoping this will be something parody-ish thats still playable. and i want it to have like a normal and a 'deeper' end for the boys : o

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Zelan »

glithch wrote:
fmjaye wrote:I don't normally go for parodies, but the title made me laugh and your art is really nice and your writing is funny and cat boys covered in bandages are 1000% my thing :'^D;;
nice B) lmao honestly i really dont want to make it into a parody-parody. those feel kinda agressive and low in their humor,, even tho i still enjoy them from time to time. but im hoping this will be something parody-ish thats still playable. and i want it to have like a normal and a 'deeper' end for the boys : o
Oooooh that just makes it even better. Parodies are all well and good and I definitely enjoy them, but I also like to get to know and care for the characters. ^_^ If you can combine parody elements with deeper endings I will be very impressed!

glithch
Regular

#11 Post by glithch »

Zelan wrote:
glithch wrote:
Oooooh that just makes it even better. Parodies are all well and good and I definitely enjoy them, but I also like to get to know and care for the characters. ^_^ If you can combine parody elements with deeper endings I will be very impressed!
i will get nowhere near hatoful boyfriend's level but ill try lol

procutemeister
Regular
Tumblr: the-professional-cutemeister

#12 Post by procutemeister »

omg! this looks really funny and cute :D love your art style too! i can't wait to see how this game turns out. i LOL'ed at the writing sample! love itt

glithch
Regular

#13 Post by glithch »

procutemeister wrote:omg! this looks really funny and cute :D love your art style too! i can't wait to see how this game turns out. i LOL'ed at the writing sample! love itt
thanks! im picking up this lil project again since i had school work and then christmas came around but now that im done with it i sketched out the main protag :' D
they are supposed to be as gender neutral as possible lmao, that was harder than i expected

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Zelan »

It may have been hard but it looks like you pulled it off. ^_^ Nice job!

nekobara
Regular

#15 Post by nekobara »

The purple rabbit-ear hoodie did me in... I adore it. Those are rabbit ears, right? :lol:
*meow*