Flowers must bloom [BxG, comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
guzy
Regular

Flowers must bloom [BxG, comedy]

#1 Post by guzy »

James lived an ordinary life until the day an angel appeared in his bedroom in the middle of the night and begged for his help.
The world is in danger; a great catastrophe is about to occur, and only James can save the day!
His mission? To make "the flower" of a certain girl "bloom".

Flowers must bloom is a romcom about friendship, virgins who aren't very keen on losing their virginities, and some other things that'd be spoilers to mention!
Ana
The energetic childhood friend. Has a short temper but a good heart... mostly.
Anna
The unfriendly, lone wolf classmate. Nobody actually knows shit about her, and that's probably exactly what she wants.
Alex
The best friend. Doesn't seem very reliable but he'll always be there when you need him!
Screenshots:
Credits
Writing/coding
Guzy
localization
gamerbum
sprite/CG art
Frimbie
background art
Dlsite stuff
music
Kyosuke Sagara
If you interested in the game, feel free to leave a comment!
Last edited by guzy on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Flowers must bloom [BxG, comedy]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Do you think you'll benefit by having two characters with similar names? Be sure to mention if the names 'Ana' and 'Anna' are pronounced in the same way.
guzy wrote:... an angel appeared in his bedroom in the middle of the night and begged for his help. The world is in danger; a great catastrophe is about to occur, and only James can save the day!
The World God Only Knows opens in a slightly similar fashion. I say 'slightly' because its main character is an antisocial guy who prefers to play romance games. He is selected because of a misunderstanding, but succeeds because of his understanding of story / video game logic. Finally, he's coerced into his duties.
guzy wrote:Flowers must bloom is a romcom about friendship, virgins who aren't very keen on losing their virginities...
This is a conflict which both real people and fictional characters experience. Think about how you want to portray it. Is the character concerned that they're not yet ready for sex? Do they have conflicting thoughts regarding the person who they like? Do they have other issues to deal with?

guzy
Regular

#3 Post by guzy »

I'm very tempted to answer your questions xD
but the demo will come out next week and you'll understand everything. But about this:
gekiganwing wrote: This is a conflict which both real people and fictional characters experience. Think about how you want to portray it. Is the character concerned that they're not yet ready for sex? Do they have conflicting thoughts regarding the person who they like? Do they have other issues to deal with?
We agree here! Both characters have a completely different perspective about that and this was one of the fun things to work about during the writing process. It's a comedy game but the characters deal with "real life" stuff

Thanks for the comment, I would be very glad if you could play the demo next week xD

burmn123

#4 Post by burmn123 »

Looks good, but more information would be great...

guzy
Regular

#5 Post by guzy »

burmn123 wrote:Looks good, but more information would be great...
Thank you for your comment

Actually I'm not a big fan of too much information about a game, like that kind of post with a full bible telling so much about the game that when you actually play there's no surprises

but maybe I really should add more info, I'll think about that, thanks again for your interest

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#6 Post by Sonomi »

I like this WiP and the concise style of your post, but as a result I'm not quite sure what sort of feedback you're looking for (if any).

I suppose I'll comment on the artwork. ^ ^ It feels very airy and open with those warm tones. That combination is a good union in a lighthearted story, if that's the intention of course. Good luck with your project.