Sanator: Scarlet Scarf [Dark Fantasy] * [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

Re: Sanator: Scarlet Scarf [Dark fantasy] * [Drama]

#16 Post by YossarianIII »

1. What do you think of the Sanator concept in general?
Looks interesting! I think the art style is what made me feel initially like I had to leave a comment here.

2. What kind of anime-related content do you like (anime, manga, ranobe, visual novels etc.)?

Honestly, mostly just "cross-over" stuff that also appeals to people who don't like anime (Studio Ghibli, Satoshi Kon, etc.)

3. Do you like story driven RPG games?

Yes!

4. How often do you read fantasy or science-fiction books?
Several a year, about a quarter to a third of the fiction I read total.

5. Do you use Patreon to support your favourite artists or game developers?
No, maybe I will eventually, but I'm kind of behind the times right now.

6. How do you think, is $3.99 a good price for a 2.5 hours visual novel?
I mean, I charged $6.99 for a VN about that length with worse art than yours, so I think if anything $3.99 is probably conservative. (You can see that VN if you click on SRRT! in my signature.) I know everyone says that no one is willing to pay anything for indie games anymore, and there's some truth to that. But if you start at a low price, you have nowhere to go down to when it's sale time, which for better and for worse has become a driving factor in indie game sales.

It's an interesting question: I read about people in ebooks and mobile games who turn a profit doing super low-price high-volume sales, charging $.99 or whatever. But as far as I know, PC games don't usually follow that model because they're still viewed as a bit more of an investment. VN fans are a small but enthusiastic audience, so I generally see people take more of an artisanal approach and sell fewer copies at a higher price.

But I'm no expert and it's still kinda the wild west out there for selling VNs. Definitely room to experiment. It'll ultimately be about what pricing model you think will work best.

7. Do you prefer to buy a DRM free game (for example, on Itch.io) rather than its Steam version?
For small games and VNs, I will generally purchase them on itch.io because I know creators get a higher cut of profits. But I definitely use Steam too!

8. Do you use mobile devices to read visual novels? Would you prefer it over PC version if it's available?
No, I still generally use mobile for casual, pick-up-and-play games. Again, I'm not particularly cutting edge though, so I may not be a great example.

Image Image

abscission
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves

#17 Post by abscission »

ah, good to know this is still in development! i really look forward to the game!

DigitalHorsey
Projects: Sanator
Organization: Ignis Sanat

#18 Post by DigitalHorsey »

Long time no see!
While the game is still in development, we've decided to participate in screenshotsaturday event. Feel free to subscribe to our Twitter — new screenshots every week.

DigitalHorsey
Projects: Sanator
Organization: Ignis Sanat

#19 Post by DigitalHorsey »