The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG/GXB/Supernatural] DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
txqina
Regular

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG] [GXB] [Supernatura

#16 Post by txqina »

Tried the alpha build.

Pro:
+ All the sprites seem attractive (well Karl could be, if he smiled). Bridgette is very cute.
+ Pleasant backgrounds (at least the colour ones anyway)
+ Slightly different setting to the usual high school etc. Two newbies being slightly daunted by their new job seemed reasonable, without overdoing it.
+ Mystery element to supplement the romance should help, too early to tell in this build though. My most enjoyable VNs have had romance + something else.
+ Straightforward and functional user interface.

Con:
- Nothing unsatisfactory so far.

Who was your favourite character and why? - Who was your least favourite character and why?
Bridgette is generally enthusiastic and is cute as heck, easy choice for favourite at this very early stage.
Karl seems grumpy, so not my preference; but some people seem to like the challenge of that sort of character.

Did anything strike you as jarring (bad sound/sprite transitions) or poorly written?
Nah, all good.
Music seemed fine, although I don't tend to focus on that very much.
I thought the reporter as the opening moment of the game worked well.

Are you looking forward to playing more?
Yes.

Any bugs/typos?
I checked carefully on two runs of the game (therefore I tried about half the dialogue options I guess) and I found no typos or grammatical errors. Impressive!
A rather pedantic complaint on punctuation would be to insert a space after each dash, most times there didn't appear to be a space there. My apologies if the spaces are there and this is just a font spacing thing.

I enjoyed my brief time with this game. I was just getting settled in, ready for more, and oops - alpha build - the end.
So I look forward to the expanded demo later, I will give it a try.

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG] [GXB] [Supernatura

#17 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

The finalised demo is up - please see the original post for download links and details.

Many thanks for reading

Blackcross
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG/GXB/Supernatural] D

#18 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

Well, it’s been a while, but I’ve got some progress to report. The writing is nearly finished with the word count currently 40,000.

In addition to this, there are about 8 backgrounds left and Yuukicrosspudding has been working hard on the CGs

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Last edited by blackcross12 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackcross12
Regular

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG/GXB/Supernatural] D

#19 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

Nothing much to update, everything is progressing steadily, though I am happy to say the first post has had a graphical overhaul courtesy of Yuukicrosspudding (thank you again, Yuuki!).

Also, upon scrolling through the posts here, I noticed one of the replies I drafted a while back seemed to have been eaten by the internet at the time, so I'll repost the contents below (as well as I can recall them).

@Evy
Lol, they should so be friends! Can you arrange play-dates for VN characters? ^_^
Your project looks really interesting - I think I like Nanami and Blair the best at first glance - probably because they are cute and their mermaid colours are really pretty. As for scale colour, I'd want it to be something exotic like green or yellow, but I'd more likely end up being something closer a brown trout. It's okay though. Beauty comes from within - even for mermaids. ^_~

@txqina
Thank you for taking the time to play the alpha build and give feedback; I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like Bridgette (she's such a sweetie) and Karl is certainly a jerk, but he can be fun to tease. ^_^
I'll run an eye over the points you mentioned (especially those hyphens) and I hope you enjoy the longer demo, if you get around to playing it.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross

blackcross12
Regular

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG/GXB/Supernatural] DEMO

#20 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

It’s been a while since I posted anything for ‘Devil’ but we are still working on it. The team are finishing off the last few CGs and backgrounds and I’m hoping for an early October release.

Not much else to report really, but I’ve got a couple of screenshots to share.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Attachments
ss1.jpg
ss5.jpg
FS.jpg
ss6.jpg

blackcross12
Regular

Re: The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea [GxG/GXB/Supernatural] DEMO

#21 Post by blackcross12 »

Hello all

I've been inspired to write an update here after I had an anonymous email asking me what the status of the game - thank you for the interest, Anonymous. ^_^

'Devil' is still in progress - the last two Cgs have taken much longer than anticipated, but I think we are on track for an early December release. Until then, I've included a couple of screenshots below.

Thanks for reading

Blackcross
Attachments
DDBS1.jpg
DDBS2.jpg