Selfish [GxB][Fantasy][DEMO NOW AVAILABLE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kistnerelizabeth
Regular

Re: Selfish [GxB][Fantasy][Kemonomimi][18+]

#31 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

1. What do you think about the story / characters so far?
They look amazing. Their outfits and ears are so cool.
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Octavius is my fave so far. :)
3. Any other comments or questions?
Your art style is amazing so far. I like what I see and look forward to more updates about this game.

Valhalla
Regular

#32 Post by Valhalla »

@chiharuchi and kistnerelizabeth Thank you for your comments and encouragement! We're all really enjoying making this game so far and we hope you continue to support us!!

The main casts first sprites have been finished! This includes Ivor and Ronan who are potential routes depending how it goes when we go up on kickstarter.

We're now over two thirds of the way through the common route, and I'm confident we can have a demo up sometime around Oct/Nov.

For your enjoyment, here is a bigger view of the main cast =)
cast.png
Image Image Image

Cirrocumulus-Cloud
Regular
Projects: Tag Dogs
Tumblr: cirrocumulus-cloud

#33 Post by Cirrocumulus-Cloud »

I am in love with the outfits of your characters! It's so other worldly and charming. Really enjoy the vibrant colours and animalistic ears too. The colour schemes fit the characters well, too!

I do think that the clothes of our main character are a bit too dull compared to everyone else. The contrast is especially jarring if you put her next to Ivor. Every character has lightly coloured parts (be it hair, parts of the outfit or a lot of openly shown skin), while our protagonist seems like a grey mouse in comparison due to the dark green and blue of her clothes and the equally dark hair colour. Aside from that little nitpicking I really enjoy the art style, though. Love the Menu Screen too.

My favourite character so far is Ivor, but I'm always a sucker for relationships where one character acts as a sort of guide/protector for the other. Design wise I adore Octavius.

Valhalla
Regular

#34 Post by Valhalla »

@Cirrocumulus-Cloud Hey! I'm really glad you like the designs. I spent a lot of time on them (maybe more then I should have, haha.) In regards to Kamilly's outfit, I do see what you are saying, but I guess she really isn't a flashy gal so I wanted something more neutral in terms of her colours. This is just her first outfit in any case and the second one is a lot brighter in scheme.
Ivor is my fav so I'm glad he's getting some love!
Thank you for your comments and feedback =)
Image Image Image

Valhalla
Regular

#35 Post by Valhalla »

After a series of computer and internet issues, and also moving house, I finally am able to upload our secondary characters for your enjoyment!
cast.png
Image Image Image

Valhalla
Regular

#36 Post by Valhalla »

Promotional CG.png
Image Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#37 Post by Zelan »

Oh my goodness gracious, I am so in love with that cover image. It's absolutely beautiful.

Valhalla
Regular

#38 Post by Valhalla »

@Zelan I'm glad you like it! It's a great sample of what the CGs will be like and also a sneak preview of the main casts second outfits.
Image Image Image

Valhalla
Regular

#39 Post by Valhalla »

Long time, no update! Been very busy both with the project and in real life but I'm back now!
First of all, a lot of assets have been completed in the interim, including six backgrounds and all of the second outfit sprites. Novclow is currently working on the second pose for all the characters so there will be variety in game. Depending how things go, I may end up adding additional sprites for minor characters which will add some depth as well.
Secondly, writing has been advancing at a steady pace. The outline for Leon's route is completed, and writing has begun. Otto's outline is also mostly finished now, the details are just being finalised. I have been dragging my feet a little on writing Nairn's route outline and getting stuck in but I always find something else I want to fix quickly before I start *sigh*
Anyway! Thank you for all your continued support, and enjoy these background previews =)
Attachments
House Bathos Front Gate.png
House Bathos Entrance Hall.png
Hallway.png
Courtesan Private Room.png
Bathos Garden.png
Balcony Entrance Hall.png
Image Image Image

Nexitt_
Deviantart: Naoe-nex
Soundcloud: Naoe

#40 Post by Nexitt_ »

All these backgrounds look great! Also that first background reminds me of a Camelot image.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Back to the Future.

Valhalla
Regular

#41 Post by Valhalla »

Been awhile since I updated on here!
If you're interested in the game dev you should definately follow the social media: Tumblr or Twitter. Or even better, join the mailing list.
Boorish redirecting aside...

Here are a couple of our CG sketches:

Image Image Image

Valhalla
Regular

Re: Selfish [GxB][Fantasy][DEMO NOW AVAILABLE]

#42 Post by Valhalla »

Hey everyone! Long time no see!

Just dropping by to let you all know we've completed the demo for the game!

You can download it here: Windows | Mac
Image Image Image

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by philip »

@Valhalla-

Just finished my first go through of your story on my mac. It is visually very appealing; the backgrounds and sprites are wonderfully done. The story is interesting and I look forward to reading the conclusion. I find myself liking all the characters, they are who they are and their differences in personality are what moves the story forward.

A couple of technical comments: It is difficult to see the status of things in the GUI, whether something is "ON" or "OFF" is not apparent. Shouldn't it change in color, or shading to make the choice clear? Also, I am hoping that you will addd more SAVE slots; I like to save at each choice so that I can easily go back and try another path.

A very nice job so far!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Valhalla
Regular

#44 Post by Valhalla »

@philip
Thanks for playing the demo and leaving us some feedback! The menu buttons color was something that I had noticed after putting out the demo. The colour change is a lot more subtle then I originally thought, and it will be adjusted for the final release. Regarding the save files I'm actually a little confused what you mean. There is eight slots per page but I have it set so that you can use the 'previous' and 'next' buttons to have nearly limitless slots available to save in.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Image Image Image

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by philip »

@Valhalla-

Thank you for your reply. As regards the save slots, I have eleven, not eight, and I don't see a "previous" or "Next"button anywhere. Sorry to be so slow, but I am a little confused. I am playing your story on my mac.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"