Pinewood Island [otome][GxB][mystery|horror|romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ElectraPop

Re: Pinewood Island [beta][otome][GxB][mystery|horror|romanc

#16 Post by ElectraPop »

OOooh you've got my interest, deffinitely keeping eye on this game's development!

How do you feel about the potential love interests? Who was your favorite and why?

I like them all, actually! The character design is pretty nice and eye catching, and it meshes nice with the art stye, I appreciate the more western look rather than anime-ish, I feel it fits a lot more. As for favorite...Matt, look at that get up, so totally my type.
Are you interested in playing this game, why and why not?
YES, certainly yes. Mystery and horror are my thing, and the plot sounds super interesting.
Would you pay for this game? if so how much?
I would, and I've paid up to $20+ for visual novels and otome games, if that gives an idea.
How defined do you like the player character to be vs defining them through your actions as the player?
Either way works for me. Personally though, I do prefer defined characters so I'm more inmersed in their story. Though there can always be a middle ground I think, something like influencing what the character develops into through your choices and such.

Kirlett
Regular

#17 Post by Kirlett »

This looks amazing!! <3 I love the art, btw.

How do you feel about the potential love interests? Who was your favorite and why?
As I said: I LOVE THE ART. Ray looks like a cutie, I'll stick with him for now *^* I'm not into flirts, so Carl... meh. But we don't really know anything about them. This is just first impressions. Matt coud be interesting, but again, I'm not into bad boys.

Ummm YES???? Mystery island, otome, murder... HELL YES.

Idk, depends on the story. I should play a demo first. Art and concept? Nice! But I need to READ a little of the story before talking about money.

How defined do you like the player character to be vs defining them through your actions as the player?
I LOVE IT when we can shape the MC. Like, depending on your choices she's sweet or hotheaded or cold... So, the more we can decide the better!^^ But only if it shows on the narrative. I mean, not only an instant reaction to your response. After x number of choices, the MC should have her own personality and others should react to it. I don't know if you have played Aloners or The Lady's Choice, but something like that.
Also, this helps with the routes: maybe some players want to go for the "sweet girl x bad boy" and others want another kind of relationship. It would be interesting to see how the boys react depending on MC's character.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#18 Post by Scribbles »

Kirlett wrote:This looks amazing!! <3 I love the art, btw.

As I said: I LOVE THE ART. Ray looks like a cutie, I'll stick with him for now *^* I'm not into flirts, so Carl... meh. But we don't really know anything about them. This is just first impressions. Matt coud be interesting, but again, I'm not into bad boys.

Ummm YES???? Mystery island, otome, murder... HELL YES.

Idk, depends on the story. I should play a demo first. Art and concept? Nice! But I need to READ a little of the story before talking about money.

I LOVE IT when we can shape the MC. Like, depending on your choices she's sweet or hotheaded or cold... So, the more we can decide the better!^^ But only if it shows on the narrative. I mean, not only an instant reaction to your response. After x number of choices, the MC should have her own personality and others should react to it. I don't know if you have played Aloners or The Lady's Choice, but something like that.
Also, this helps with the routes: maybe some players want to go for the "sweet girl x bad boy" and others want another kind of relationship. It would be interesting to see how the boys react depending on MC's character.
Thanks! I'll keep what you said in mind. I don't think of Matt as a bad boy despite his looks lol but I like where your head is at.
ElectraPop wrote:OOooh you've got my interest, deffinitely keeping eye on this game's development!

I like them all, actually! The character design is pretty nice and eye catching, and it meshes nice with the art stye, I appreciate the more western look rather than anime-ish, I feel it fits a lot more. As for favorite...Matt, look at that get up, so totally my type.
YES, certainly yes. Mystery and horror are my thing, and the plot sounds super interesting.
I would, and I've paid up to $20+ for visual novels and otome games, if that gives an idea.
Either way works for me. Personally though, I do prefer defined characters so I'm more inmersed in their story. Though there can always be a middle ground I think, something like influencing what the character develops into through your choices and such.
Glad to hear it! thanks for your feedback ^^

I hope to get a beta out once the BGs and Sprites are finished (and the writing is final for the most part!) I'd like people to play a nice polished chunk of the game.
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Scribbles »

I've posted another update in the OP - including WIP of Delilah(Player), Professor Kent, and Susan~

<3
Image - Image -Image

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#20 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey Scribbles!

I have to say, Im really looking forward to this project. It kinda reminds me of those old 80's horror movies like Sleepaway camp and such. Im wondering, is there alot of detective work and do you get to make accusations? Is the killer predefined or is their identity based on what clues you find and the choices you make?

Anyhow I really like the art and the characters seem to be vibrant and appealing! I'm going to check back and see the other character designs when they are up. Cheers and goodluck on your project!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Scribbles »

illuminate001 wrote:Hey Scribbles!

I have to say, Im really looking forward to this project. It kinda reminds me of those old 80's horror movies like Sleepaway camp and such. Im wondering, is there alot of detective work and do you get to make accusations? Is the killer predefined or is their identity based on what clues you find and the choices you make?

Anyhow I really like the art and the characters seem to be vibrant and appealing! I'm going to check back and see the other character designs when they are up. Cheers and goodluck on your project!
There are elements of detective work, you can look for clues and choose between suspects at the end in some routes (in others its obvious)
Only one killer! though the idea of making the killer dependent on choices made in the game is really cool, though I won't be able to apply it to this game :)

Thank you, I hope the game meets your expectations when it's complete!
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Scribbles »

Player options updated in OP-- Still just a WIP but they're coming along! ( the options will ideally be mix and match-able!)
Image - Image -Image

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#23 Post by Mammon »

Oh, this has grown since I last saw it. Did not expect an MC with such an expressive look and the professor looks 20 years younger than I thought he was going to be. Really liking the appearance choice!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#24 Post by Zelan »

Oh, I love MC's highlights! That's something you don't see too often in customizable MCs, usually it's just single hair colors.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Scribbles »

Mammon wrote:Oh, this has grown since I last saw it. Did not expect an MC with such an expressive look and the professor looks 20 years younger than I thought he was going to be. Really liking the appearance choice!
thanks, sexbomb is doing a really good job
Zelan wrote:Oh, I love MC's highlights! That's something you don't see too often in customizable MCs, usually it's just single hair colors.
I'm glad you like it!
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Scribbles »

GUI sneak peaks!!! -- (Thanks to -Potouto Graphic Design- who did the GUI Art)

Image - Image -Image

Amberbaum
Regular

#27 Post by Amberbaum »

Ahhhhh, the GUI looks soo cool and functional. Good job. It looks easy to navigate.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#28 Post by noeinan »

The GUI is gorgeous!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Scribbles »

Amberbaum wrote:Ahhhhh, the GUI looks soo cool and functional. Good job. It looks easy to navigate.
daikiraikimi wrote:The GUI is gorgeous!
Potouto Graphic Design did a great job! I'm really happy with how it looks.
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Scribbles »

*cough* I've set a soft release date for September *cough*
Image - Image -Image