See our trailer!
Genres: Detective Mystery, Modern Fiction, Noir, Otome (GxB, GxG), Light Gameplay (Point and Click)
Content Warning: This visual novel contains strong language, graphic violence, and puns.
Reader discretion is advised.
When a notorious serial killer's conviction is overturned, the former child detective that put him away must return to the streets to prove his guilt.
It's been ten years since Priscilla Vate took the case of--and helped lock up--the Dart Killer. Now working as a family photographer, Pri is forced to return to the fray when it seems that the notorious serial murderer may soon walk out a free man. Not only that, but it's all thanks to evidence and testimony from an unlikely source: her former partner. But Philadelphia is a very different city now, and Pri has to race against time to solve this closed case. The proof waits behind sealed lips and locked doors, but can she unlock them fast enough to keep the culprit in jail?
When the Shutter Stops is a modern-noir visual novel featuring a dramatic mystery for players to solve. Either read it as a traditional visual novel, or do your own sleuthing with the game's optional point-and-click gameplay. Both options provide a full story experience. A colorful cast of characters, high-definition assets and special effects bring the streets of Philadelphia to life. For the romantics out there, the game has an optional romance subplot between Pri and one of two potential love interests (one male and one female).
- A spunky, sassy heroine with an occasional mean streak.
- 2 optional love interests (one male, one female) with routes filled with awkwardness, dysfunction and steamy bits.
- Relationships with sub-characters, platonic or otherwise, that matter.
- Two ways to enjoy: Read the story as a visual novel, or engage in investigative gameplay.
- A glossary you build as you play, filled with clues, lore and trivia.
- Full 1080p HD assets.
- An all-original soundtrack composed by various VN industry talents.
- Secret and hidden content.
- Dynamic special effects.
- Both Steam and DRM-free itch.io releases planned.
- Physical copies of the game planned.
And a colorful supporting cast of saints, sinners, whackjobs and weirdos.
SIDE CHARACTER BANNER COMING SOON (Maybe)
Scene Exploration and Glossary Building
Bad Ends and Romances