When the Shutter Stops [Modern Noir, Optional GxB/G] Kickstarter in FINAL HOURS.

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Mystery GxB GxG] Music Update

#16 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Added a music section, but I'm not sure how to get private clips to embed, if that's even a thing on the forums?

If anyone knows, that'd be pretty cool if you could let me know. Otherwise, here's the track on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/aoiichi/moody-philly-pv/s-0wEke
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Mystery GxB/G] Sprite/Podcast Up

#17 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Update!

Added Sam's finished sprite. Kept forgetting to update the thread.

Added a link to a podcast episode where we were the guest. We talked about When The Shutter Stops, EVNs and the stigmas against them and the problems they have in being successful, and about recent news like Steam Direct. Give it a listen.
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Mysteries & Bad Ends] Updated 4/

#18 Post by NaiDriftlin »

We're back on Lemmasoft after a bit of a break to focus on development and awareness. Updated a bunch of stuff, including adding a set of 4 character sprites for the young Priscilla Vate, two promo images featuring young and old Priscilla, and a new background with some light animation.

We're aiming to add animations to most of our backgrounds, since we really feel that helps bring everything to life.

Also, we have a new logo now that's been updated on all of our old images as well.

Answers to our questions are welcome, though any feedback is appreciated.
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Mysteries & Bad Ends] Updated 4/

#19 Post by Zelan »

Is the premise interesting? Do you like the character art we've shown here?: Yes and yes.

What do you think of the character art? Is Priscilla cute? Cool? Both? Neither?: She's very cool. Also cute, but I get the feeling that if I told her that she'd punch me in the face.

What do you think of Madison(card still pending) and B as love interests?: B seems interesting, since he's almost like the "childhood friend" trope except that he hates Pri. It'll be fun to watch their relationship develop. And Madison is adorable, I've loved her since I first saw her.

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Mysteries & Bad Ends] Updated 5/

#20 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Added a video showing off some of our GUI in action. No real major movements that are visual otherwise, but we should have the alpha running soon, with the a more complete demo sometime in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobJEMQCZXw
Zelan wrote:Is the premise interesting? Do you like the character art we've shown here?: Yes and yes.

What do you think of the character art? Is Priscilla cute? Cool? Both? Neither?: She's very cool. Also cute, but I get the feeling that if I told her that she'd punch me in the face.

What do you think of Madison(card still pending) and B as love interests?: B seems interesting, since he's almost like the "childhood friend" trope except that he hates Pri. It'll be fun to watch their relationship develop. And Madison is adorable, I've loved her since I first saw her.
Haha, thanks for the responses! I think the demo will eventually help shed a lot of light on the dynamic between B and Pri. Childhood friend that hates her is pretty close, but there's more in store for the two of them.
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Modern Noir, Optional GxB/G] See Content Warning

#21 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Huuuge update.

We're not dead. Nearly died, but didn't quite go over the edge. My medical issues are mostly remedied and we're building momentum thanks to all of our support. I'm super sorry I haven't been able to make many updates here, but here's a lot of it. Big changes? New art! Lots of it. All of the sprites have been updated to their new polished state. B and Madison went through their design overhauls to better match their characters (Though Goth Madison is still a thing if you've been following us on Twitter.) Also, we've got a beta that's a bit out of date on Itch.IO. We have a more updated one on our Discord server, but it's broken in places and we're slowly updating it.

Questions? Yeah so, if you're reading this far down, my BIIIG asks are:

How's the new art? If you never saw the original, how do our characters look? If you saw the originals, how do they compare?

CGs! We've got them. How does the stark black and white + spots of color aesthetic look on the girl scout CG?

Have you seen our background animations? Did you miss them on the way down/are they too subtle? Not subtle enough?

How would you feel about character animation? We're considering putting in full body animation, but we're probably going to work in blinking and speaking animations before we take the full body Spine/Live2D plunge.
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#22 Post by Zelan »

How's the new art? If you never saw the original, how do our characters look? If you saw the originals, how do they compare?: It's been a while and I honestly don't remember the details of what the old art looked like, but I like the new art just fine.

CGs! We've got them. How does the stark black and white + spots of color aesthetic look on the girl scout CG?: I like it! It does a lot to lend that noir feeling to the image. (Although, not gonna lie, I was far more interested in the second CG preview, which is really, really cute.)

Have you seen our background animations? Did you miss them on the way down/are they too subtle? Not subtle enough?: The first one I didn't notice until I looked closer, but I think that's okay - you don't want too much unnecessary motion in the background when the focus should be on the sprites. Animations should be added where they make sense. That said, I absolutely adore the rain animations, great job on those.

How would you feel about character animation? We're considering putting in full body animation, but we're probably going to work in blinking and speaking animations before we take the full body Spine/Live2D plunge.: IMO, blinking and lip flap are super cool and show me how polished the game is, but full-body animation doesn't really appeal to me in VNs, especially considering the fact that it usually comes out looking clunky and awkward.

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#23 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Hey everyone! Our Kickstarter is now live and a full demo is up and available on Itch.io! Thank you for your support thus far, and I look forward to making something great together!
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?

NaiDriftlin
Regular

Re: When the Shutter Stops [Modern Noir, Optional GxB/G] Kickstarter in FINAL HOURS.

#24 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Our Kickstarter is in its final 48 hours, and our full demo is now available on Steam as well!

Link to our Kickstarter.

Link to our Steam page.
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?