Ex Astris 05 [GxB][Kinetic][Light Sci-fi][FREE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cera L. Hendry
Regular
Completed: Ex Astris 1-9 & Rules They Abide By
Deviantart: cera-l-hendry

Ex Astris 05 [GxB][Kinetic][Light Sci-fi][FREE]

#1 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

Ex Astris
Chapter 05

Creator Update: All of the artwork has been completed for the chapter, including new sprites, cutscenes and backgrounds. Next I'll be coding and possibly renewing the UI design. I'd have loved to get this finished in Feb but I think I might just miss my self-set deadline as I need to fly interstate next week. (And this weekend is mah birthday!) Why is February so shooort? I also have to run it past a few people to read over before I release, as I'm always missing my own writing mistakes. XD

Previous chapter downloads:
http://www.cerastudios.com/ex-astris
SYNOPSIS
Set in a ‘near-future’ on a fictional world, Ex Astris follows the story of Lanis Rosenberg, a newly graduated doctor working in the Loennian military. Doubtful of her abilities to cope in the army and lost with her direction in life, Lanis’ world is suddenly turned upside-down when she is transferred to the secretive, militaristic nation of Xian. There, she is assigned to a subject named A-28 'Ash'. An emotionless, unstable, biologically engineered soldier and her opposite in every way…

After the incident with A-28, Lanis and company are whisked away to find themselves in the company of a band a rebels who have been desperately seeking Lanis’ abilities. What lays beyond the walls of Sar-Quei is a history more complex and dark than she’d ever imagined, with both A-28 and herself unknowingly at the heart of it’s solution!

Release date: Late February
Format: Episodic / Kinetic Visual Novel
Engine: RenPy
Genre: Light Sci-Fi / Drama / GxB / Supernatural
Platform: PC/Mac/Linux
Duration: Short
Last edited by Cera L. Hendry on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Ex Astris 05 [GxB][Kinetic][Light Sci-fi][FREE]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Omg, this is great. I've been following Ex Astris since 2014 and I'd just like to say, I hope this never ends. Hahaha. Looking forward to Chapter 5! 💕

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#3 Post by Sonomi »

Major congratulations on your progress!!! Ahh I really can't wait to read your new chapter. It sounds amazing already. ^ ^ I'm quietly cheering you on, okay. Take care!

Amberbaum
Regular

#4 Post by Amberbaum »

Is this real? It is!!!

Best news of the day....week.. whatever. I'm happy that you are back and working on Chapter 5.

Cera L. Hendry
Regular

#5 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

I've added two cutscene sketches! (Attached to primary post) Usually I add four but they're so spoileriffic this time... I shall keep them for when the chapter is released!
I'll let everyone's imaginations guess what's happening in these scenes... ;D

Cera L. Hendry
Regular

#6 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

An update to announce that I've completed all of the new artwork and backgrounds! I'll be moving on to coding next....
Also, I've attached two new CG cutscene illustrations.

Amberbaum
Regular

#7 Post by Amberbaum »

Those two CG's look so great and it's interesting that it's Lanis neighbour who is the one that holds the gun very determined while Lanis - a military woman - is recoiling backwards next to her looking distraught and unresponsive. I can't wait to find out what happens next just looking at those two CGs.

Hope you still use the music from your previous titles, because they really fit the scenes and were overall very good.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#8 Post by Sayumi101 »

Omg!!! Super excited that chapter 5 is in production!
Also, those CGs are so mysterious... so full of implications of danger and suffering(?) for Lanis... that they're fanning my curiosity.... Very much so!
Keep up the great work. ^0^)/

Amberbaum wrote:Those two CG's look so great and it's interesting that it's Lanis neighbour who is the one that holds the gun very determined while Lanis - a military woman - is recoiling backwards next to her looking distraught and unresponsive.
Now that is an interesting point.
Can't wait to see how exactly things will play out.
ImageImageImage