The Sacred Mountain [Adventure/Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cthulhoo
Projects: The Sacred Mountain

The Sacred Mountain [Adventure/Drama]

#1 Post by Cthulhoo »

“A village boy chases a mysterious robber through perilous uncharted wilderness.”

ABOUT
Your life is well planned for you. Your parents lived the same way and your children will, when you start your own family. You’re sure you will start one. That’s part of the plan. Your happiness comes on schedule, and the only thing you’re asked to do is to follow simple rules. Every day you do your share of work for the common cause, and at the same time someone else works hard for you. Isn’t it great? You are important. You fit in perfectly like a cog in a well-oiled machine. But what happens if there is an unwanted extra part in this machine?

“The Sacred Mountain” is a classical visual novel that seeks to invoke sense of wonder and thrill of adventure. Will you be able to survive and find the right answers? Explore the mysterious world around you, find allies and stay vigilant!

TRIVIA

- TSM as multiple choices each of which affect some aspect of the story.
- Story has two major endings and several “dead ends”.
- The setting is grounded with some regard to proper science.
- Romance is not the main focus but Love is one of the major themes.
- We are using Unity3d engine and write our own VN framework.
CHARACTERS
ART
We plan to have highly detailed 3d+overpaint backgrounds and a good number of CGs.

Early model of a mountain village house.
More to come~
SOUND
We are in a search of a recognisable but and memorable style for out music, and we are still very much in the experimental phase. You can listen to a couple of experimental tracks written by our composer.
Here >>>
And here >>>
TEAM
Tirass - Character and CG artist
drozd812 - 3d and background artist
Johannes Weber - Costume and props designer
Aki Kato - 3d artist and BGM composer
Galina Eresina - Lead writer
Cthulhoo - Programmer and project lead

QUESTIONS

1. Are you interested to read this VN?
2. If so, what makes you consider reading it?
3. Does the arts look appealing to you?
4. Where on a sliding scale between western and eastern art would you place it?
5. Which character stand out to you the most?
6. If you have any other question, critique or any other feedback, you are most welcome!

Also we’d be glad to answer any questions regarding the story and development process.
Last edited by Cthulhoo on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

Re: The Sacred Mountin [Adventure][Action]

#2 Post by Sonomi »

First of all, this looks wonderful thus far. I especially like Viola's character design. Is the mother going to play an active role in the story, or is she more of a side character? I like seeing parents in visual novels.

minnesinger

#3 Post by minnesinger »

Whoa! I do love the cover art. Is there any chance to see more character info in the next update? I think Mae is my favourite for the moment.
Keep up the good work!

Cthulhoo

#4 Post by Cthulhoo »

Sonomi wrote:First of all, this looks wonderful thus far. I especially like Viola's character design. Is the mother going to play an active role in the story, or is she more of a side character? I like seeing parents in visual novels.
Thank you very much!
Viola is a side character but a very important one. For now she doesn't have much screen time, but that's something we plan to work on. :3

Cthulhoo

#5 Post by Cthulhoo »

minnesinger wrote:Whoa! I do love the cover art. Is there any chance to see more character info in the next update? I think Mae is my favourite for the moment.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks! "Mae glad!"
We plan to first churn out more character sketches and then start working on sprites, but I can ask our writer for extended character profiles.~

Cthulhoo

Re: The Sacred Mountain [Adventure][Action]

#6 Post by Cthulhoo »

A small update and a new character concept^^

Xandra is the Master Healer and Herbalist in the village. She inherited the title from her late father as well as the role of the Mistletoe Clan leader.
Beside Mae she has two younger children from her second marriage. Xandra is a strict woman of few words who’s obsessed with perfecting her craft and passing it down to her kin.