Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Romance] [Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Radi

Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Romance] [Kickstarter]

#1 Post by Radi »

Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.

Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila's toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner's old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique if sometimes uneasy bond.

Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara's existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android.

A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android's fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.

Writing: Completed
Translation (English): Completed
Translation (Editing) Being worked on
Sprites: Being worked on
Music: Being worked on
GUI: Completed
BGs+CGs: Being worked on

1. What do you think about the story / setting so far?
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you?
4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you?
5. Any other comments or questions?

You can find the more info in this twitter account: https://twitter.com/BloodDaughters
Last edited by Radi on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Sci-fi Romance]

#2 Post by Zelan »

1. What do you think about the story / setting so far?: It seems like a setting that has a lot of thought put into it. I think it'll be cool to see the story that goes along with it.
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?: Mara. She seems like a really sweet character.
3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you?: Nope, it's cool. I don't play VNs for the lewd scenes.
4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you?: Again, this is fine. I think that games with only one love interest are super cool. Plus, it'll still have multiple endings, so it's not just a straight-up kinetic novel.
5. Any other comments or questions?: I think it's really cool that you're translating this from Spanish! (That is Spanish in the screenshot, right?) I'm currently trying to learn Spanish, so I would enjoy reading both versions to help improve my speaking.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3 Post by noeinan »

This looks super cool! Will comment later with questions, just didn't want to forget to follow the thread.

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#4 Post by SexBomb »

Absolutely phenomenal style!

I'm extremely interested, even though I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi. Admittedly it was the art that first caught my attention, but upon reading further, I've found myself interested in the story as well.

Unfortunately I don't feel we get a great sense of the characters at this point in production, but I will admit I love Darla's design and cool expression, so until we get more info I have to go with her.

3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you?
Not at all; as long as it's not used as a gimmick.

4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you?
Not a problem, but I do question the purpose of choices if they don't ultimately impact on the story. Will each choice lead you further along one of the branching ends? Can you explain a little more about the importance of the choices, or the types of choices you can make?

Gorgeous style, and an interesting theme. I'm excited to see how this evolves. Best of luck!

Valhalla
Regular

#5 Post by Valhalla »

It's interesting. I love a sci-fi and this sounds like there will be a lot of interesting stuff going on.

Kyle, I like his design and what I know about him.

Nope, to both of the above, you do what you feel will work best for your game.

That aesthetic, OMG... The GUI and other graphic design is on point and honestly what got me most excited about this.
Image Image Image

Radi

#6 Post by Radi »

Zelan wrote:I think it's really cool that you're translating this from Spanish! (That is Spanish in the screenshot, right?) I'm currently trying to learn Spanish, so I would enjoy reading both versions to help improve my speaking.
I'm glad you like it! Yes, I'm translating it from spanish, both languages will be available in the game.
daikiraikimi wrote:This looks super cool! Will comment later with questions, just didn't want to forget to follow the thread.
Can't Wait!
SexBomb wrote:Absolutely phenomenal style!
Unfortunately I don't feel we get a great sense of the characters at this point in production, but I will admit I love Darla's design and cool expression, so until we get more info I have to go with her.
Thanks! I have to admit I had a hard time describing the characters. Writing a lot about them felt a bit like spoiling the story since it's very character driven.
SexBomb wrote: Not a problem, but I do question the purpose of choices if they don't ultimately impact on the story. Will each choice lead you further along one of the branching ends? Can you explain a little more about the importance of the choices, or the types of choices you can make?
They kind of work as a reputation system. The player will be able to choose how Cila should proceed at work, which will affect her reputation if she performs badly. There are no branches but the endings are almost 1/3 of the script, and they are very different from each other. I just don't want to call them branches because there are no more choices inside them.

RedOwl
Regular
Projects: < /reality >
Tumblr: realityvn

#7 Post by RedOwl »

Wow, your art and design aesthetic is amazing! What an incredibly strong mood you are already setting, with just one forum post! I am impressed.

It intrigues me, at least in part because I have a natural interest in sci-fi/dystopian/futuristic/cyborg/android stories. Eve No Jikan is a favorite of mine. Not to be rude, but honestly, there's nothing super unique about your story premise or setting. However, it's not so cliched that I couldn't see you taking it in some really interesting directions. Execution is everything, after all.

From visual design alone, Darla is my favorite. I like her hair. But Yoko also seems like an interesting character.

That's actually a plus for me. What I'm looking for in a VN is #1 - a strong story/characters and #2 - appealing visuals.

That's also fine. As I said, execution is everything. I'd prefer a really strong/well written non-branching story to a wildly branching but poorly written one.

There are a few grammar/spelling errors in your "Story" image: "A regime in which the government have given" should be "has given" (government is singular). "The fifth genereation of androids is here, much more smarter..." should be "The fifth generation of androids is here, much smarter, more efficient, and human than ever." (generation was misspelled, and it's not grammatically correct to use "more" with a word like "smarter").

Will you be selling the game commercially? Are you thinking about crowdfunding it? I ask because it does have a really strong and unique visual design, which I could see doing quite well in a commercial or crowdfunding situation.

I'm looking forward to following your progress on this. Good luck with development! ^_^
~Please give me Honest Critique!~

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#8 Post by Rossfellow »

Aesthetics-wise, this is probably the coolest looking Cyberpunk VN in the works since Va-11Hall-A. I hope to see where you're going with this. Good luck.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Radi

#9 Post by Radi »

Valhalla wrote: ...That aesthetic, OMG... The GUI and other graphic design is on point and honestly what got me most excited about this...
I'm happy you liked it! I've been working on the menus so I'll upload a video/gif showing them as soon as I can.
RedOwl wrote:Wow, your art and design aesthetic is amazing! What an incredibly strong mood you are already setting, with just one forum post! I am impressed.
Thanks! I think I posted on the </reality> kickstarter post, it was quite good.
RedOwl wrote: -Eve No Jikan is a favorite of mine.
-Not to be rude, but honestly, there's nothing super unique about your story premise or setting. However, it's not so cliched that I couldn't see you taking it in some really interesting directions. Execution is everything, after all.
Eve No Jikan was one of the things that led me to work on this VN, along with Ghost in the Shell.
You are not rude at all, I do appreciate the critique, actually. I don't feel like I did a very good job with the descriptions, I'll work to write them better the next time I upload something. Also, since the story is more about the characters and it isn't epic, I found it hard to put something catchy on them.
RedOwl wrote: There are a few grammar/spelling errors in your "Story" image: "A regime in which the government have given" should be "has given" (government is singular). "The fifth genereation of androids is here, much more smarter..." should be "The fifth generation of androids is here, much smarter, more efficient, and human than ever." (generation was misspelled, and it's not grammatically correct to use "more" with a word like "smarter").
Thank you! I'll correct them and re-post the image as soon as I can. I'm aware of my bad english level and, gladly, I already have one native speaker that will give me a hand with the translation. Hopefully I'll find someone else to help, as I'll do the base translation and I only need the grammar/spelling and expressions to be corrected. I really don't want people to not enjoy the VN because of bad writing.
RedOwl wrote:Will you be selling the game commercially? Are you thinking about crowdfunding it? I ask because it does have a really strong and unique visual design, which I could see doing quite well in a commercial or crowdfunding situation.
I have plans to sell it. I haven't thought about the price yet but it will be low, I want to get people to know me as a creator since this is my first VN. I'm glad you think it could do well, because making some money with my art would be awesome.
Thank you for your criquite/opinion, it was very useful :D
Rossfellow wrote:Aesthetics-wise, this is probably the coolest looking Cyberpunk VN in the works since Va-11Hall-A. I hope to see where you're going with this. Good luck.
I haven't finished it yet but it is a really good game. And is made by spanish developers, which is such a big inspiration for me. I'm very glad you liked it!

Radi

#10 Post by Radi »

I've been working on the menus. I would like to add some movement in the future but it will stay like this for now.

Radi

#11 Post by Radi »

Synergia is now on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =865060517

Also, here is the first trailer:

flaminghippo
Regular
Projects: At Bay
IRC Nick: flaminghippo

Re: Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Sci-fi] [Yuri] [Greenlight]

#12 Post by flaminghippo »

I think it looks really cool! I like these bleak settings a lot, and I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk. I want to know more about Cila's motivations and backstory. I don't really know too much about the story based on what you've given us here, but I'm very curious!

I can't really say much about them personality-wise, but Yoko's design is really cool. It's got so much personality! All of the artwork is great.

Not at all.

Nope! As long as the story is gripping enough that I'll want to play through it again to achieve all of the endings, this doesn't really matter to me.

Good luck going forward! Congratulations on being greenlit. I look forward to more updates!

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#13 Post by DarkSin »

It's very intriguing! I love cyberpunk stories!

Cila for the moment. She looks interesting!

Nope.

Once again, no.

The artwork and atmosphere of the game (from what I can see in these images you have up) is absolutely lovely! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Cheers!

Radi

#14 Post by Radi »

DarkSin wrote: The artwork and atmosphere of the game (from what I can see in these images you have up) is absolutely lovely! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Cheers!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I give a lot of importance to the atmosphere, not just with the artwork but also with the sounds and music.
flaminghippo wrote:1. What do you think about the story / setting so far?
I think it looks really cool! I like these bleak settings a lot, and I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk. I want to know more about Cila's motivations and backstory. I don't really know too much about the story based on what you've given us here, but I'm very curious!
-Good luck going forward! Congratulations on being greenlit. I look forward to more updates!
Thank you! I'm working on writing some new descriptions right now! I'll show a couple of new secondary characters too.

Radi

Re: Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Sci-fi] [Romance]

#15 Post by Radi »

Synergia just got greenlight! Thank you all for the support :D I'm working on updating the descriptions right now. Meanwhile, here you have one of the last scenes I worked on.