Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Romance] [Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MichiPantera

Re: Synergia [GxG] [Cyberpunk] [Romance]

#16 Post by MichiPantera »

1. What do you think about the story / setting so far? Amazing work, Radi! I think the world is pretty consistent, intriguing and fun. Above all the atmosphere and the details.
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment? Cila.
3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you? On the contrary. Renpy is filled with that. It's a great surprise. Renpy can be used for more than that.
4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you? I personally prefer more than one route. But I don't believe that's a problem for the audience. This kind of games usually have only one route (TellTaleGames' Got, Catherine, etc.) and players enjoy always their experience. Most basic stuff that should be present in any game of this kind, in my opinion, is the illusion of choice and different endings. If you have that players will enjoy it. I'm working currently on a multi-route game, though. But it's a hell to develop. xD (Currently 80% Writing).
5. Any other comments or questions? I really love the illustrations and the design of the game. As I said the whole atmosphere is AAA+. What did you use for your illustrations? Did you do them yourself? They're awesome! What programs did you use? I'm a newbie in all this. And my game is pretty long. I was looking for an easy way to maintain a cool atmosphere while at the same time being accomplishable. I observed you succeed in this, for example by not using many colors (but converting this in an advantage by creating a unique atmosphere via that color use.) Thanks! I am happy the game got greenlight and wish it a great go, Radi!

By the way: I love the menus!!

Radi

#17 Post by Radi »

MichiPantera wrote: I really love the illustrations and the design of the game. As I said the whole atmosphere is AAA+. What did you use for your illustrations? Did you do them yourself? They're awesome! What programs did you use? I'm a newbie in all this. And my game is pretty long. I was looking for an easy way to maintain a cool atmosphere while at the same time being accomplishable. I observed you succeed in this, for example by not using many colors (but converting this in an advantage by creating a unique atmosphere via that color use.)
Thank you! I do all the BGs, CGs and Sprites 100% by hand. I mean, I don't use any 3D reders (although I would like to use them in future games), but I do use references for BG and CGs perspectives, just for the horizon lines and the vanishing points. As for the color, is more of a personal preference, I don't like to spend more than one or two days on the same drawing since I get bored pretty quickly. Playing with the color palette can give you interesting results, and you only need to have a basic understanding on Color Harmonies and a decent sense of aesthetics.

Radi

#18 Post by Radi »

UPDATE 30/06/17: New Bio cards and changes:

BIO CARDS:
OTHER CHANGES:
-The game will have +60 CGs+BGs
-Increased ammount of Sprites
-Script increased from 56k to 60k words (minor rework to replace any bland scene with better dialogue)

Stay tuned, I'll update with more news soon.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#19 Post by Ghost of Crux »

THIS IS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING THINGS I'VE SEEN IN RECENT HISTORY AND I'VE GOOGLED AMAZING LOOKING BREADS THIS WEEK.

I absolutely love the aesthetic, and the way you presented the character bios are just fascinating-- I'm hooked. The public decree makes me wonder what the heck happened, and reading the bios further I felt like there was something serious going on. It's pretty brilliant.

My favorite characters are pretty much all of the cast with bios-- I'm honestly really curious who this "Dad" Mara is replying to, and why her reply of sacrifice doesn't feel truly from compassion. Identity crisis? I kind of hope so. Yoko also sounds really interesting. Cila is... I feel bad for her. closes eyes. She sounds like a good person.

3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you?
Cyberpunk is a genre characterized by its low-life setting, so this is no problem. Crass language actually sounds like it'd serve a good purpose here. Zero problems with no NSFW scenes either (thumbs up)

4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you?
I think anything's good so long as it's polished! I prefer one route with choices rather than multiple ones but they're incoherent or way weaker than the original. Sometimes a story wants itself told a certain way, yanno, and it's not a bad thing.

5. Any other comments or questions?
I love the first pic with the reddened android hands. Murder?
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

hoihoisoi
Regular
Projects: The Lost Sheep Of Purgatory 「煉獄の亡羊」
Organization: House Of Duematrix
Tumblr: HouseOfDuematrix

#20 Post by hoihoisoi »

Shoots! The art looks fantastic! The setting kinda reminds me of VA-11 HALL-A, which I thought was pretty cool as a backdrop for that bartending action game! XD But overall, the project reeks of coolness from all sides now that the visuals are out.

1. What do you think about the story / setting so far?
It's an interesting premise, set in a city of technology with a dystopian kinda feel to it. I'm not really sure the direction of how the story is going to take, but from the tags, I would assume it's edging towards a romance story set under a dystopian backdrop. Never really thought of throwing the two together before, so I'm interested in seeing what you'll come up with.

2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Mara. Definitely. Those lines you threw into her character bio really pops out to me. She feels like a character which can be used to question some very basic foundation of how we think and perceive the world. Those kinda things always get to me, I love it when character questions my way of thought through a lens of their own.

3. The game will not contain lewd scenes (Although it contains mature dialogue). Is that a problem for you?
Not a problem. I don't really go for VNs for lewd scenes. X)

4. The game only have one route (Although it will have choices and 3 endings). Is that a problem for you?

Definitely not. I really like KNs. The project I'm working on now is also similar whereby there is only one route and 3 endings.

5. Any other comments or questions?
Hmmm, it would be good to have a more concrete objective in the summary write up I guess. As in, what is the goal of the main character overall. I'm just still a bit in the dark about that even after reading the summary. But if its meant to be like that, then all should be fine. Afterall, you can't really spill a romance plot, can you. XD

Also, good luck with the project! It looks good man!
Last edited by hoihoisoi on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Active Project:
[Mystery, Comedy, Drama]
[Kinetic Novel]

Check it out by clicking on the siggy above!

Radi

#21 Post by Radi »

Ghost of Crux wrote:THIS IS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING THINGS I'VE SEEN IN RECENT HISTORY AND I'VE GOOGLED AMAZING LOOKING BREADS THIS WEEK.

I absolutely love the aesthetic, and the way you presented the character bios are just fascinating-- I'm hooked. The public decree makes me wonder what the heck happened, and reading the bios further I felt like there was something serious going on. It's pretty brilliant.

I love the first pic with the reddened android hands. Murder?
Thank you! I'm glad you like it that much. I always try to use symbology to explain things without actually telling them. Some of them are: the hands are in Salvator Mundi position, Eye of Providence in the forehead, a cable forming a halo, a mechanical heart and, as you said, bloody hands. The bloody hands have a particular explanation in the lore of the game so I wont say anything yet but you have a hint in the Public Document image.
hoihoisoi wrote: Hmmm, it would be good to have a more concrete objective in the summary write up I guess. As in, what is the goal of the main character overall. I'm just still a bit in the dark about that even after reading the summary. But if its meant to be like that, then all should be fine. Afterall, you can really spill a romance plot, can you. XD

Also, good luck with the project! It looks good man!
Thanks! I really dislike simple descriptions as I've always preferred to discover things by myself (I don't even like to watch trailers) That being said I understand that you want to know what's the game about, thats why I'm doing these ''weird'' bio cards. I'll post a tagline and a few more cards in the future with more focus on the plot.

As a little update, I'm working on redesigning the UI. You can see the old one on the top left corner:

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#22 Post by Ghost of Crux »

OK, that GUI is GORGEOUS. You really get that 3D holographic vibe from it-- really, really gorgeous. I LOVE IT AAAHH
Though I have one question-- do you have plans to have a more eye-friendly option? It's miles friendlier than a lot of other vns, but my 50 50 yo ailing eyes are sad sad things.
Some of them are: the hands are in Salvator Mundi position, Eye of Providence in the forehead, a cable forming a halo, a mechanical heart and, as you said, bloody hands.
OH. No wonder some things looked familiar! It was really clever, actually-- I knew from the get go that there was Something there, something important, and it's one of the reasons I delved deeper into the thread. You did a great job! I can't wait for the release now [vibrates]
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Radi

#23 Post by Radi »

Ghost of Crux wrote:OK, that GUI is GORGEOUS. You really get that 3D holographic vibe from it-- really, really gorgeous. I LOVE IT AAAHH
Though I have one question-- do you have plans to have a more eye-friendly option? It's miles friendlier than a lot of other vns, but my 50 50 yo ailing eyes are sad sad things.
Some of them are: the hands are in Salvator Mundi position, Eye of Providence in the forehead, a cable forming a halo, a mechanical heart and, as you said, bloody hands.
OH. No wonder some things looked familiar! It was really clever, actually-- I knew from the get go that there was Something there, something important, and it's one of the reasons I delved deeper into the thread. You did a great job! I can't wait for the release now [vibrates]
I'm still working on that UI so expect a more eye-friendly version for the final game but I'll try to add an opacity option if I can.

Radi

#24 Post by Radi »

New trailer! Hope you like it. Also I've been working with Sekai to get a good translation, UI and more stuff.
New synopsis:

Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.

Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila's toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner's old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique if sometimes uneasy bond.

Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara's existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android.

A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android's fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.

crouchingbacon
Completed: Wishcraft, Whale's Waldo
Projects: Deliverance
Deviantart: fightingham
Soundcloud: paperprosciutto
itch: 12amstatic

#25 Post by crouchingbacon »

I am a whore for anything GxG and cyberpunk and this hits all my buttons in all the right ways.
The art, the music, the STORY is delicious.

I AM BUYING THIS THE MOMENT IT COMES OUT. OK?!

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

#26 Post by Hazel »

Wow! How did I miss this before? This looks like something I'd really enjoy.

I fully intend to answer the questions, I just happen to be short on time just now. Still, I wanted to drop a word in and give my big thumbs up.
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

PMscenarios
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo
Projects: In Blood, Xenopathy
Tumblr: pmscenarios
itch: pmscenarios

#27 Post by PMscenarios »

Really good trailer. I especially liked the car shot with the red light illuminating the interior. Amazing!
ImageImageImage

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#28 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

That looks really cool! The art style and atmosphere is awesome! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Radi

#29 Post by Radi »

crouchingbacon wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am I am a whore for anything GxG and cyberpunk and this hits all my buttons in all the right ways.
The art, the music, the STORY is delicious.

I AM BUYING THIS THE MOMENT IT COMES OUT. OK?!
OK! THANK YOU!
LeonDaydreamer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:09 am That looks really cool! The art style and atmosphere is awesome! :)
Hazel wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 am Wow! How did I miss this before? This looks like something I'd really enjoy.

I fully intend to answer the questions, I just happen to be short on time just now. Still, I wanted to drop a word in and give my big thumbs up.
I'm glad you like it! ^^
PMscenarios wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm Really good trailer. I especially liked the car shot with the red light illuminating the interior. Amazing!
That shot took quite some work to do so I'm happy you like it! Here you have a link to the looped animation, and with the correct timing. I had to adjust the speed of the animation for the trailer to fit it to the music.

https://imgur.com/1ggXE5M

PMscenarios
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo
Projects: In Blood, Xenopathy
Tumblr: pmscenarios
itch: pmscenarios

#30 Post by PMscenarios »

Radi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 am
PMscenarios wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm Really good trailer. I especially liked the car shot with the red light illuminating the interior. Amazing!
That shot took quite some work to do so I'm happy you like it! Here you have a link to the looped animation, and with the correct timing. I had to adjust the speed of the animation for the trailer to fit it to the music.

https://imgur.com/1ggXE5M
*multiple thumbs up* I opened this while on the phone waiting for a customer representative and was enraptured until they picked up. :)

low-light environments with few, but stark colours and strong lighting is so pretty and interesting to experience, I love that you're not afraid to go dark in your designs/game.
ImageImageImage