Apocrypha [Adventure][BxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

Re: Apocrypha [Dramedy][Adventure] (New Art!)

#16 Post by Evy »

I LOVE this kind of setting. I was looking scrolling down the list of characters and thinking oh, they're gorgeous, I wanna smooch'em-- wait, I wanna smooch THIS one too-- BUT WAIT--

And then I got to "I DO NOT dance." so I guess I was Bahir in a past life or something.

I think everyone pretty much covered what I thought with their answers already, but I'll just throw in my two cents about Jai's outfit: I think the outfit is fine on its own, but it's the color that makes it look very Assassins Creed-ish. If you could maybe replace the white with a different color, you might get something a little more interesting!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Re: Apocrypha [Dramedy][Adventure] (New Art!)

#17 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Thanks for the nice feedback, Evy! I'm so glad you like the characters and setting.
Evy wrote:I'll just throw in my two cents about Jai's outfit: I think the outfit is fine on its own, but it's the color that makes it look very Assassins Creed-ish. If you could maybe replace the white with a different color, you might get something a little more interesting!
I agree! I love the design, it's those colors. Beautiful, it's just that they really stand out. I'll take a couple more bits of opinion from folk, but I'm pretty sure the outfit has to be toned down.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

Re: Apocrypha [Dramedy][Adventure][BxG] (New Art!)

#18 Post by JBShields »

I like the idea of the ancient background/theme. And it sounds like more of a plot-driven story. I really enjoy those and appreciate them whenever someone makes one. I also like the cast of characters you have. The designs are good.

cucumber

#19 Post by cucumber »

1. Is the ancient setting of the game off-putting, or is it dope-dope artichoke?
This is my downright favourite setting.

2. Any thoughts on the characters revealed? Whether design-wise or conceptual.
Love the designs.

3. What features do you want to see?
Well....Jai too handsome not to be romancer route </3

4. I hate this question, but I'll put it out there. Is this a project you'd be down to support?
By support, do you mean on a kickstarter or do you mean buy the finished product? I'm not a person who does kickstarter, but I would buy it if it didn't break the bank because MUSICAL NUMBERS (nearly) SOLD ME. I love musicals. I love most Disney music. I always wanted a musical number visual novel.
BUT I said nearly... barely because it really depends on the quality of them, the singers and the music. If it turns out to be lower quality, or the singers are out of tune, or something, that will do the exact opposite and unsell me.

5. Let's be real here for a sec. Should Jai's outfit get changed?
Yes. It's blatantly assassins creed, this is a commercial project, will you run into legal issues? On top of that, the pop culture of having a recognizable assassin creed outfit feels kind of tacky to me. You could go for something similar but with a unique design so it's not replicating nearly everything about assassins creed. It says he's Indian so I'd like to see something a bit more Indian inspired too.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#20 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

cucumber wrote:It's blatantly assassins creed, this is a commercial project, will you run into legal issues? On top of that, the pop culture of having a recognizable assassin creed outfit feels kind of tacky to me.
Tacky! That's the word I was looking for. It looked tacky. That's it.

I was leaning toward switching the outfit for a while. Flora's working on his new costume now - it's gonna be tight! I'll post that and Jalilah's new variation when it's off the press. We're gonna see both her and Jai's hair now, so I'm pretty excited about that.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#21 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

UPDATE 3/5/2017

March is shaping up to be a month of YUUUUGE activity, with our game logo and GUI shaping up, new CGs, new outfits, and most importantly a background artist joining the team. By the end of March we will have a full-fledged demo on our hands that'll give folks a taste of what the game is like. I think y'all are gonna like what you see. We've got some great talent coming together to make this happen. If you're wondering about how the songs are going to be made, I recently put together a sound studio in my house, just waiting for all the pieces to arrive in the mail. The goal is to have Alnon and Faraq's song, 'Empty Pages', out with the Kickstarter.

What Kickstarter? Jeremy, this is the first time we've heard of this. Well, yeh. I'm aiming for a Kickstarter at the beginning-to-mid April to raise the funds for the rest of the game. This, uh, is my first Kickstarter and while I've done plenty of reading about it, I'm real new to it. If anyone has any advice, or can offer any sort of help, whether that's monetary or through spreading the word, that would be highly, highly, highly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions about anything, I'd love to answer them.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#22 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Phew, a couple business issues, but all's back on track.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Apocrypha [Dramedy][Adventure][BxG]

#23 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

New CGs and revamped oldies with the new flat style added to the main post! Because of the tight schedule of our background artist, Gin, it'll probably be two or so months till we launch the Kickstarter, but I know it's gonna be worth the wait! So glad to have such a talented artist on the team.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Apocrypha [Dramedy][Adventure][BxG](New Art!)

#24 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

The musical part of the game might be a little out of reach. As much as I would love to do it, it is...very expensive, lol.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#25 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Hey, gang - I'd post some of the new stuff we've been making, but seem to be having some technical issues with the website. I can't post any images, it always says that it can't verify dimensions. They're all less than 800 pixels, hosted on imgur with the pictures public, but it won't let me post any. Actually, I can't edit my main post, either, because when I try it says it can't verify the images' dimensions. Even though they're already up and we can see them. It's pretty wonky.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#26 Post by Zelan »

If you're using Imgur, make sure you're using the link ending in .png or it won't work. If you're doing that and it's still not working I can't help you. :/

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#27 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

FIGURED. IT. OUT.
ImageImage

Rahnos
Regular

#28 Post by Rahnos »

That new art is looking great. I love this sort of setting and the comedy. Normally I'd much prefer a female protagonist, but I have a feeling I won't mind at all with for game. It's looking really fun.

I'm really excited for this game - with or without the musical numbers. (maybe just one is possible? I don't know)

Banya
Regular
Completed: Deep Inside, KOI, ROAR, Dreamquartz, YOLO
Projects: Emerald Wasp
Deviantart: Banya-Laplace-Studio
itch: banya

#29 Post by Banya »

1. The setting of this game is definitely not something you see everyday in a visual novel. Is the ancient setting off-putting, or is it fresh and full of possibility?
This is the first thing that attracted me to the game!

2. What characters do you want to see next: the Royals, or the Ladies?
I guess the royals, it depends on the story though.

3. Favorite character so far, whether because of backstory or summa that radical design.
Zharah!
I should play the game first, but in the summary she's my favourite atm. She is also the prettiest.

4. Any features you're hoping to see?
I think you've already thought about this, but arabian music would make the setting shine.

I'm really curious about this project, I wish you the best luck! :D

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#30 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Thanks for the recent comments! It's super encouraging to hear people's input. The royals are coming soon - you'll actually get to interact with them this week, since I'm very proud to announce we're releasing the Kickstarter this month and the demo this week! I've been talking about this project for the last two months, so I'm glad to finally be giving you guys a chance to actually play the game and see what it's like. I'm spending the next couple days just polishing it up, making it presentable.

Grab your walking sticks and gear up for a trek through the wild wilderness, because the Apocrypha demo is finally coming this week! In the meantime, however, here's some more recent artwork showcasing some of the supporting cast, your parents Azadeh and Zand, your Uncle, Darbah and a hallway in the grand palace of Rhaga, where you'll be spending a great deal of your time in the game.
ImageImage