Kachuna (BXG)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tamaya Kagiya
Projects: Kachuna
itch: tamaya-kagiya

Kachuna (BXG)

#1 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

Hello everyone! My partner(Nyanime) and I are here to present our first visual novel called Kare no Chuunibyo ha Naora nai (彼の中二病は治らない), or Kachuna for short under our new circle Tamaya Kagiya.

Plot:

You are a Game Designer!

Play as Jun Mizushima, a gaming school student who suffers from "chuunibyou", or "eighth grade syndrome", a condition in which the afflicted genuinely believe that they posses superpowers. Aside from that, Jun is a charismatic young man, who is really determined to create a video game of his own. Join Jun and his eccentric, yet talented, group of friends to win the annual International Youth Game Development Competition!

Want to give it a try? Download our demo here. It's got ~5 hours of gameplay. Let us know which heroine is your favorite! The full game will contain around 20 hours of gameplay, and we need your help to achieve it!

Demo:

https://tamaya-kagiya.itch.io/kachuna (PC and Mac as of now. If you are linux user than download the pc version.)

Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =879228535

Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... el-kachuna

Characters:

Features:
1920x1080 resolution.
Ability to switch between English and Japanese in text. (Japanese text is now a stretch goal)
Japanese VO(Stretch Goal)
Map feature( Players are allow to clicks in map for different scenarios)

Screenshot:

Development Staff:

馬洽卡Yan - Character artist
Bo Ri - Background & CG artist & Logo artist
Ran08 - Writer & Programmer
Avagrande (Ayano) - Gui programmer
Nyanime - PM, Composer, Gui artist & Graphic Designer
UPA - Editor
Bat-tan/Zero -Project Leader

Questions:

What do think of the project so far?

Any character who stand out to you so far? Did the same character stand out after playing the demo?

What are you looking forward in the game?

Would you support this if we had kickstarter/patreon?
Last edited by Tamaya Kagiya on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Re: Kachuna (BXG)

#2 Post by Ryue »

Have to say this is a nice looking game. I like the art style from the screenshots and also that the CG you show is shown from a bit of a distance.
Additionally I like the idea of a character having such a power with the possibility of it just being a delusion :)

Any character who stand out to you so far?
Descriptionwise Yui on the female side and the protagonist on the male side stand out. Yui sounds like a complicated character and thus like there are many interesting and fun situations ahead with her. And the protagonist sounds very interesting with that "power" of his (no clue if there are 2 routes planed ...one where its real and one where fake but I can see quite a few interesting (and funny) situations ahead with both possibilities).

Lookswise I have to say the protagonist stands out. Not often that I see a character with "2" hair colours. That looks quite good!
On the female side its hard to decide. Very hard. But would say Yui just before Tsukimi.

Kickstarter: Yes supported a few VNs already in the past. Patreon: No clue (never used it so far).

Additional infos
The idea to be able to switch between English and japanese in text sounds very nice! (I'm used to VNs being fixated there to just 1 language and being able to switch is a nice feature!)

Btw: Going to play the demo tomorrow and update this post then.

Renan Martineli
Organization: Harem Project

#3 Post by Renan Martineli »

Quite nice. The artwork and music are very well done.

Any character who stand out to you so far? Did the same character stand out after playing the demo?

Miss Megumi. Yes.

Miss Megumi giving Jun a private lesson on human reproduction.

If I can, yes.

Sokko

#4 Post by Sokko »

The character expressions are very nice! Love the music as well.

The writer girl.

I want to see more emotion showing in the story, especially when the characters are working together on game ideas in the clubroom. It can get boring just reading them talk sometimes. I want to feel their emotions with more changes in music and scenery -- more movement in general.

We'll see!

Tamaya Kagiya

#5 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply to our little thread. :D
Ryue wrote:Have to say this is a nice looking game. I like the art style from the screenshots and also that the CG you show is shown from a bit of a distance.
Additionally I like the idea of a character having such a power with the possibility of it just being a delusion :)
We are glad you think our game is nice looking. I like the idea of a character having such powers as well
Ryue wrote:Any character who stand out to you so far?
Descriptionwise Yui on the female side and the protagonist on the male side stand out. Yui sounds like a complicated character and thus like there are many interesting and fun situations ahead with her. And the protagonist sounds very interesting with that "power" of his (no clue if there are 2 routes planed ...one where its real and one where fake but I can see quite a few interesting (and funny) situations ahead with both possibilities).
Yui is a fun character and very passionate about music. I don't think there any routes being fake routes as I know.
Ryue wrote:Lookswise I have to say the protagonist stands out. Not often that I see a character with "2" hair colours. That looks quite good!
On the female side its hard to decide. Very hard. But would say Yui just before Tsukimi.

Kickstarter: Yes supported a few VNs already in the past. Patreon: No clue (never used it so far).
I love the two hair color protagonist and it make him stand out a bit more as well. We got a vote for Yui.
Glad to know you would support us on kickstarter.
Ryue wrote:Additional infos
The idea to be able to switch between English and japanese in text sounds very nice! (I'm used to VNs being fixated there to just 1 language and being able to switch is a nice feature!)

Btw: Going to play the demo tomorrow and update this post then.
Unfortunately, this feature won't be included unless we make one of stretch goals but it is very nice feature we would like to include! I hope you do update your post or do another one and tell us what you think. :D
Renan Martineli wrote:What do think of the project so far?

Quite nice. The artwork and music are very well done.
Thank you. :D We are glad both the artwork and music are very pleasing to you.
Renan Martineli wrote:Any character who stand out to you so far? Did the same character stand out after playing the demo?

Miss Megumi. Yes.

Miss Megumi giving Jun a private lesson on human reproduction.
Miss Megumi is pretty cute and attractive. Sadly, she doesn't have a route. :(
Renan Martineli wrote:Would you support this if we had kickstarter/patreon?

If I can, yes.
We hope you can even if Megumi doesn't have a route.
Sokko wrote:What do think of the project so far?

The character expressions are very nice! Love the music as well.
Thank you. :D
Sokko wrote:Any character who stand out to you so far? Did the same character stand out after playing the demo?

The writer girl.
Tsumiki is adorable. I expect a mix of hot and cold moments from her.
Sokko wrote:What are you looking forward in the game?

I want to see more emotion showing in the story, especially when the characters are working together on game ideas in the clubroom. It can get boring just reading them talk sometimes. I want to feel their emotions with more changes in music and scenery -- more movement in general.
Thank you for your feedback. I will let my partner and writer know about this.
Sokko wrote:Would you support this if we had kickstarter/patreon?

We'll see!
Ok! We hope you can support us when we launch!

Nyanime
Regular

#6 Post by Nyanime »

Albert Fernandez
Completed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/395520/

#7 Post by Albert Fernandez »

Really cool, I like a lot the visuals, and the plot is interesting, I like the fact the the protagonist is a developer hahaha, it's original I think.

Takahiro Fukuyama, I always like the secondary character and this one seems cool.

An interesting story, charismatic characters, good art.

It depends on the Kickstarter rewards, but propably yes.

And an extra question, are you from Japan? there's a lot of industry in visual novels there, isn't it?

Keep up the good work :)

Tamaya Kagiya

#8 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

Albert Fernandez wrote:What do think of the project so far?
Really cool, I like a lot the visuals, and the plot is interesting, I like the fact the the protagonist is a developer hahaha, it's original I think.
Thank you. We are glad you like the visuals alot and find the plot interesting.
Albert Fernandez wrote:Any character who stand out to you so far? Did the same character stand out after playing the demo?
Takahiro Fukuyama, I always like the secondary character and this one seems cool.
Takahiro is a cool dude.
Albert Fernandez wrote:What are you looking forward in the game?
An interesting story, charismatic characters, good art.
We hope we deliver then!
Albert Fernandez wrote:Would you support this if we had kickstarter/patreon?
It depends on the Kickstarter rewards, but propably yes.

And an extra question, are you from Japan? there's a lot of industry in visual novels there, isn't it?

Keep up the good work :)
We hope you can find a kickstarter reward you like once the kickstarter starts. We are actually an US studio but my partner Nyan is from Japan though. I will probably ask her about your question though.

@ Everryone else:

We have upload our pv video on youtube and put on our thread. I should mention that Megumi and Shiro are datable in the game. Sorry for mix up! Steam greenlight is push back to March 8th and kickstarter on March 15.

Nyanime
Regular

#9 Post by Nyanime »

Tamaya Kagiya

#10 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

Our campaign has officially begun! Please donate or share it if you can!

The demo is in the opening post or on the kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... escription

Tamaya Kagiya

#11 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

I have updated the character bios in opening post and revise a couple of things.

Our kickstarter is still going on and we are now officially over 110% as of right now! We are now aiming for stretch goals with the first one being for eroge scenes. Please take a look and share it among your friends and possibly donate to it yourself.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... el-kachuna

Kanata_AOI

#12 Post by Kanata_AOI »

What do you think of the project so far?
It's nice, I personally love this type of story (school life rom-com). I also like the idea of taking a chuuni in a game development group, as there supposed to be a lot of "chuuni-feeder" material in game world.
I love the arts, it's the first thing which made me try this game up. The BGMs are very well-made, they sound awesome.
I pretty much enjoyed the demo.

If I was being asked who stand out the most for me, Yui is the answer. Her personality and traits made her remarkable.
But if you asked me which character is my favorite, the answer will be Ai. I love the way she keeps focused on her work but when our character needs support she came to aid. That's really cute

I have to say the story is a little bit too dragging, in a scene it's only circling around the same thing and lacking things which made us feel engaged. But I thought probably because it's just a demo so of course the interesting things haven't been shown yet there.
There's also a problem with overwriting the save, I can't seem to be able to overwrite save data on the same slot. I hope it already got fixed on the full game. And also the log didn't scroll well, the text is not scrolled the way it's supposed to be (or is it just me seeing it the wrong way?).
I hope there will be more dynamics to the characters' reaction. The characters feel like they're not too different when it comes to reacting a situation. For example when they were taunted by their rival, they're being gloomy in the same way. I do hope that each character has their own unique way facing the situation depending on their base personality. For example like for Yui she better be mad rather than sad on that situation. Something like that.

Yes I will. But unfortunately I just recently have withdrawn my money, so maybe after I fill up the balance again and if the KS still on I'll back it up.

And right after I finished the demo, I suddenly feel like to scribble something up, so here it is.

I look forward to the full game, hope the game finished well and becomes a hit. :D

Tamaya Kagiya

#13 Post by Tamaya Kagiya »

Long time no see everyone! :D

We have been working hard on 'His Chunnibyou can't be cured!' aka Kachuna and now it is time for early access! :D You can find it here and we hope you give it a try: http://store.steampowered.com/app/694520/

We should mention why we decided on doing early access and the reason is because we are planning to do english voice acting for the game. We are also hoping to gather more feedback from the player and fix any potential problems when we start to implement the voice acting.