Chess of Blades [BxB][Mystery][Romance][RELEASED!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dovahkitteh
Veteran
Completed: YDD, RE, CoB, Req
Projects: Red Embrace: Hollywood, The Black Hand
Organization: Argent Games
Tumblr: argentgames
itch: argent-games

Re: Chess of Blades [BxB][Mystery][Romance]

#16 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Some exciting news! The demo is now available, and we have also just launched on Kickstarter and Greenlight! Any support, and feedback/commentary, is highly appreciated! :D The main post has been updated with new questions/pictures!

Writer, Programmer, Designer

Programming/Design Commissions

Image Image

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Chess of Blades [BxB][Mystery][Romance][DEMO!]

#17 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey congrats on the demo release! That was fast! I'm really happy for you and I can't wait to give it a run tonight.

Make sure you make a post in the Demo section of LFS so people can leave demo comments there. Once again congrats! =)
ImageImage
ImageImage

CosmicFan

Re: Chess of Blades [BxB][Mystery][Romance]

#18 Post by CosmicFan »

Dovahkitteh wrote:Some exciting news! The demo is now available, and we have also just launched on Kickstarter and Greenlight!
I've voted for you on Steam and backed you on Kickstarter (Cheers!), but I'm putting off playing the demo cause I wanna be completely surprised when I play the game.
Last edited by CosmicFan on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#19 Post by Dovahkitteh »

illuminate001 wrote:Hey congrats on the demo release! That was fast! I'm really happy for you and I can't wait to give it a run tonight.

Make sure you make a post in the Demo section of LFS so people can leave demo comments there. Once again congrats! =)
Thank you! Yes, I'm definitely going to make a post in the demo section -- we're really eager to hear feedback from other Lemmasofters ^^ Good luck on your project as well!
CosmicFan wrote: I've voted for you on Steam and backed you on Kickstarter (Cheers!), but I'm putting of playing the demo cause I wanna be completely surprised when I play the game.
Awesome, we really appreciate your support!! I totally understand not playing the demo yet haha, it's pretty nice to enjoy the experience for the first time with the actual final product.

Image Image

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#20 Post by Mimi_Melody »

I've supported it on KS xD
Uh...just an idea but maybe you should (or ask the mods to) change the title, adding the KICKSTARTER UP or something.
Might attract some attention.

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#21 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Mimi_Melody wrote:I've supported it on KS xD
Uh...just an idea but maybe you should (or ask the mods to) change the title, adding the KICKSTARTER UP or something.
Might attract some attention.
Thanks so much for your support!! And for the reminder as well -- just added it to the title. :D

Image Image

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

Re: Chess of Blades [BxB][Mystery][Romance][KICKSTARTER + DE

#22 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Going to start crossposting some of our Tumblr blogs over here so you guys can see the new content! We're over $2k now on the Kickstarter and almost 250 upvotes on Steam Greenlight, so we hope to keep our momentum going. Some cool stuff:

Fanart of Linnaeus and Rivian

Closeup of Rivian in the poster for one of our Kickstarter rewards

Image Image

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#23 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Making progress on our Kickstarter and Greenlight! :D Our artists are still hard at work, so have some more fanarts, this time of Linnaeus before he became the Grand Inquisitor!

Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#24 Post by Zelan »

Hmm, I wonder which character is MizuYukiiro's favorite. cx Seriously, though, those are some pretty pieces of artwork!

Ammeh
Regular

#25 Post by Ammeh »

I quite enjoyed the demo! It's rare to see a narrator with such a spiky, asocial personality (at least of the "petulant small animal that just wants back in its burrow" variety and not the unintentionally narcissistic "game acts like people making completely fair requests of you are being unreasonable" variety.) It was fun to play that type of character (and have the option to give into or ignore your conscience pushing you towards baseline social niceties).

If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning to do if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded? Will you cut some planned features like voice acting and try again with a lower funding goal?

Freyja
Deviantart: Freyjasan

#26 Post by Freyja »

I have just played the demo! Franz is indeed the mysterious type and pretty bold at the same time hehe. Rivian really feels uncomfortable in the ball style environment. All in all, I must say that I am really looking forward to this game. I played your previous game, and I am die hard fan of BxB. Looking forward to your next update!

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#27 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Zelan wrote:Hmm, I wonder which character is MizuYukiiro's favorite. cx Seriously, though, those are some pretty pieces of artwork!
I know right? Franz used to be her favorite, but now she's come over to the Linny side (who's incidentally my favorite as well).
Ammeh wrote:I quite enjoyed the demo! It's rare to see a narrator with such a spiky, asocial personality (at least of the "petulant small animal that just wants back in its burrow" variety and not the unintentionally narcissistic "game acts like people making completely fair requests of you are being unreasonable" variety.) It was fun to play that type of character (and have the option to give into or ignore your conscience pushing you towards baseline social niceties).

If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning to do if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded? Will you cut some planned features like voice acting and try again with a lower funding goal?
Thanks for the feedback! We were trying to go a bit out of the box with a different narration style than the norm! As for what happens if the KS doesn't get funded, we're not planning on cutting any features -- we'll instead do a revenue split with those involved to continue the game like before. Progress may be slower though.
Freyja wrote:I have just played the demo! Franz is indeed the mysterious type and pretty bold at the same time hehe. Rivian really feels uncomfortable in the ball style environment. All in all, I must say that I am really looking forward to this game. I played your previous game, and I am die hard fan of BxB. Looking forward to your next update!
Franz is quite the mysterious lady-killer... or Rivian-killer, as the case may be :wink: Thanks very much for your support!

While we're taking a short break on writing, our artists are still hard at work~ Have some fanart of Arden in his younger days!

Image Image

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#28 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Update: Super happy to say that we got officially Greenlit! So when release time comes around, you'll be able to snag COB on Steam. :D

As a bonus, have some fanart of Franz in his early days! As you can see, he was even more of a playboy than he is now.

Image Image

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#29 Post by Evy »

Does this game sound intriguing to you? Why or why not?
I was admittedly a little hesitant at first since BL is not my cup of tea, but the premise piqued my interest.
Do you usually play BL games?
Nope. In general, male narratives and relationships don't appeal much to me. I'm still learning to warm up to MxM pairings - it's slow, but it's progress!
Which character appeals to you the most?
My first feeling was Arden... but then I saw Franz. I was a little concerned by the way his personality is described but then I played the demo and really enjoyed him.
General feedback/comments?
I'm fairly sure I spotted a typo during the demo, but I'd have to look for it again!

What scene/aspect was your favorite? Your least favorite? Why?
Gosh... maybe Rivian being nice to Hazel? I thought it was really cute! No least favorite thing so far, though.
What was your impression of the atmosphere? Did you enjoy it?
Despite my initial doubts, I really liked it! I was a little disappointed that it ended so quickly, but I think it fulfills its purpose as a teaser that way. The intrigue is there, there's a tension that's palpable and yet somehow subtle in some ways I can't quite describe. It left me wanting to read more!

Dovahkitteh
Veteran

#30 Post by Dovahkitteh »

Evy wrote:Does this game sound intriguing to you? Why or why not?
I was admittedly a little hesitant at first since BL is not my cup of tea, but the premise piqued my interest.
Do you usually play BL games?
Nope. In general, male narratives and relationships don't appeal much to me. I'm still learning to warm up to MxM pairings - it's slow, but it's progress!
Which character appeals to you the most?
My first feeling was Arden... but then I saw Franz. I was a little concerned by the way his personality is described but then I played the demo and really enjoyed him.
General feedback/comments?
I'm fairly sure I spotted a typo during the demo, but I'd have to look for it again!

What scene/aspect was your favorite? Your least favorite? Why?
Gosh... maybe Rivian being nice to Hazel? I thought it was really cute! No least favorite thing so far, though.
What was your impression of the atmosphere? Did you enjoy it?
Despite my initial doubts, I really liked it! I was a little disappointed that it ended so quickly, but I think it fulfills its purpose as a teaser that way. The intrigue is there, there's a tension that's palpable and yet somehow subtle in some ways I can't quite describe. It left me wanting to read more!
Thanks for your feedback! I think we might have fixed the typo you saw (there was an accidental "and and" somewhere). Really happy to hear that the demo is fulfilling its purpose to show the intrigue well :mrgreen:

In the meantime, a slightly saucy new work we're using to promote the game on Facebook! We're also getting ready to finalize VA decisions tomorrow. Reminder to check us out on Discord if you're interested in joining a budding BL game/voice acting interest group we have!

Image Image