Oh my god, I just played the demo. I have so many feelings.
- Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
I think they work very well! Then again, I'm biased and love voice acting. I think they really add to the immersion.
- Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
Yeah, at least I think they really mesh well with the character sprites and overall style.
- Do you like the new scene added with the grandma? (if you've played the first beta only)
Haven't played the first demo but with that considered, I would probably be a bit confused about Joselina's change of character over the years if it hadn't been included.
- Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
It depends on whether she'll show up again in the story (such as in flashbacks or family photos), I think. Right now it does kind of give a sense of distance in the sense that it was a long time ago, and that she's no longer with them. Ultimately it depends on whether it would be worth it to design and draw her.
- How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
I had to go AFK during the park scene, but overall I think most of the chapters took between five to ten minutes, with 12 probably being the lengthiest. So I'd say maybe between 75 and 120 minutes...?
- How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?
I believe I got 7 fierce and 11 kind.
- Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
- Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
No!! I saw his cousin and I was like "Oh, isn't this Neil's cousi--" then saw the black-haired sprite and I was like, wait a minute. Am I remembering it wrong? AND THEN THAT HAPPENED
- Did you spot the falling star?
:O No, but I'm tempted to go back and look for it!
- Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
Ohhh that's a tough choice... I liked them a lot, but there was something really endearing about the one of Neil trying to hide in the café.
- Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
I didn't really take notice because I was busy ogling Neil's expression >A>...
- Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
Honestly, I find him to be a very interesting character! He's a little shit, but he's an enjoyable one.
- Do you want to know what happens next?
YES. GOD I'm really looking forward to it!! Especially learning about Neil's reasons for chapter 12.
I'm really excited for this ahhhhh
ALSO before I forget: The writing is very solid, but there are a few instances of awkward wording, mostly in the beginning. It's nothing too bad, mostly just words being placed in the wrong order (such as "metal blue dome" rather than "blue metal dome"). I think "all of the sudden" is incorrect also. But I didn't think these detracted from the story very much anyway, and I was able to get immersed pretty easily in the end!