Tailor Tales [GxB] Design clothes & dress-up. Beta 1.4 out! 100k words!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#16 Post by Celianna » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm

morrie wrote:What OS's is this for, I can't see that information anywhere? Sorry but my internet connection isn't the best so I don't want to download it if I can't play it....... looks fun though, the customization aspects are what catches my attention personally....
Ahh, sorry, forgot to deploy one for Mac users. Windows only at the moment, will upload a Mac version shortly.

Edit: both links are up, you can download the beta here :)
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
morrie
Regular
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am
Tumblr: morrie-games
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#17 Post by morrie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:00 am

Celianna wrote:
morrie wrote:Ahh, sorry, forgot to deploy one for Mac users. Windows only at the moment, will upload a Mac version shortly.

Edit: both links are up, you can download the beta here :)
Neat, I will play it tomorrow..... looking forward to it! I'll get back to you with feedback after.
*perpetual beginner who can't wrap my head around coding....*

User avatar
morrie
Regular
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am
Tumblr: morrie-games
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#18 Post by morrie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:18 am

Sorry to say the Mac version didn't work on my computer, it just didn't start when I clicked to open it. I don't know what kind of problem it is....... but I hope I can play it sometime later.
*perpetual beginner who can't wrap my head around coding....*

User avatar
Evy
Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian
Location: Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#19 Post by Evy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Whoa, I really like this concept!

Which character are you most interested in?
So far I really like the sound of Sam out of the romance options. I'm also interested in Angela.

Are you okay with following a single character's story, without the appearance of the other main characters?
Cameos are always fun, but sometimes you can't always make them work. If something a random NPC does can feasibly be done by another romance option, then it helps cut down on superfluous details.

Are you okay with two endings, none of them which are a bad ending?
Sure. I don't particularly have anything against bad endings, but they have to fit in with the overall tone of the story. You can't really have a feel-good story and then suddenly someone kicks the bucket.

Are you interested in making clothes, or do you just want to read the story?
Since it's an option, making clothes does seem fun!... So long as there's no real-time, reaction-based mechanics or time limits because I'm bad at those.

Is it important the main character looks like you?
Nah. I look boring as hell anyway, so might as well have a protagonist that actually looks nice instead. I'm not really into that whole "self-insertion" scene.

Do you think the design of the menu is clean and clear as to what each option means?
The images aren't loading for me at the moment but I caught a glimpse last night. I can't remember it well enough to say, though.

Are you okay with having one guy released at a time, instead of waiting a long time for all of them to be finished?
Sure! Whatever's most convenient for the production team.

Do you want to be able to romance your own best friend, Sarah?
If it can be worked into the plot in a natural manner, then hell yeah!

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#20 Post by Celianna » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:31 pm

morrie wrote:Sorry to say the Mac version didn't work on my computer, it just didn't start when I clicked to open it. I don't know what kind of problem it is....... but I hope I can play it sometime later.
So after unzipping the file you downloaded, you tried to open the Game.app file, right? And nothing happened afterwards? It might be a Dropbox issue, have you tried the mirror link? Sorry for the trouble, I don't have a Mac so I can't test it personally.

If all else fails, I might upload a browser version instead.
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
morrie
Regular
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am
Tumblr: morrie-games
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#21 Post by morrie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Celianna wrote:So after unzipping the file you downloaded, you tried to open the Game.app file, right? And nothing happened afterwards? It might be a Dropbox issue, have you tried the mirror link? Sorry for the trouble, I don't have a Mac so I can't test it personally.

If all else fails, I might upload a browser version instead.
Yeah.... it just doesn't start the game at all when I try to run it. I tried the mirror link just now but it didn't make any difference, sorry to say.....

That's cool, I don't know if it'd be hard to load in a slow browser due to the data size though? But good luck solving it.... your game looks good so the more OS's that can play it the better, hehe.
*perpetual beginner who can't wrap my head around coding....*

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#22 Post by Celianna » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 am

morrie wrote:
Celianna wrote:So after unzipping the file you downloaded, you tried to open the Game.app file, right? And nothing happened afterwards? It might be a Dropbox issue, have you tried the mirror link? Sorry for the trouble, I don't have a Mac so I can't test it personally.

If all else fails, I might upload a browser version instead.
Yeah.... it just doesn't start the game at all when I try to run it. I tried the mirror link just now but it didn't make any difference, sorry to say.....

That's cool, I don't know if it'd be hard to load in a slow browser due to the data size though? But good luck solving it.... your game looks good so the more OS's that can play it the better, hehe.
I've been searching around, and the issue with saving the game for mac on RPG Maker MV, is that I'm saving it from a Windows OS, and that messes with the permissions or something, so Mac won't be able to run it. I'd need a Mac myself to be able to save it so people can play it on the Mac, if I want it to run perfectly.

However, there's one last option you can try. People say it's due to permissions, and you just need to bypass that on your Mac. Try the info from here on how to open up the game bypassing permissions, let me know if this works.
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
morrie
Regular
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am
Tumblr: morrie-games
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#23 Post by morrie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 am

Celianna wrote:I've been searching around, and the issue with saving the game for mac on RPG Maker MV, is that I'm saving it from a Windows OS, and that messes with the permissions or something, so Mac won't be able to run it. I'd need a Mac myself to be able to save it so people can play it on the Mac, if I want it to run perfectly.

However, there's one last option you can try. People say it's due to permissions, and you just need to bypass that on your Mac. Try the info from here on how to open up the game bypassing permissions, let me know if this works.
I tried that now but it didn't do anything new..... afterwards I manually changed the permissions of the entire game package (folder) and also tried running the .app from inside the package, but that didn't change anything either. Sorry.
*perpetual beginner who can't wrap my head around coding....*

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#24 Post by Celianna » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:01 pm

morrie wrote:
Celianna wrote:I've been searching around, and the issue with saving the game for mac on RPG Maker MV, is that I'm saving it from a Windows OS, and that messes with the permissions or something, so Mac won't be able to run it. I'd need a Mac myself to be able to save it so people can play it on the Mac, if I want it to run perfectly.

However, there's one last option you can try. People say it's due to permissions, and you just need to bypass that on your Mac. Try the info from here on how to open up the game bypassing permissions, let me know if this works.
I tried that now but it didn't do anything new..... afterwards I manually changed the permissions of the entire game package (folder) and also tried running the .app from inside the package, but that didn't change anything either. Sorry.
Thanks for trying it out, I'm sorry it didn't work. It's a shame a default option in RPG Maker MV doesn't even work, so much for exporting to Mac. The only option I have left (uploading to a browser didn't work either, the files were too big) is to get someone to save the game on a Mac, so I'd need to find someone that owns RPG Maker MV and wants to do this for me.

I can upload it to Android/iOS, but I don't have much faith in the iOS version. I will try regardless.
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#25 Post by Celianna » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Uploaded the second chapter of Tailor Tales on youtube, for those that are curious before wanting to download it:
Working on the concept of a new character: Aiden.

Aiden is the friendly one of the guys, and is able to be friends with anyone. He is a popular streamer, which he does as a hobby, and works part time at a pet store. People enjoy his streams because he's mostly cheerful, kind and considerate, but also a bit dense and oblivious, so he's easy to troll. He's unable to read any romantic interest in the opposite sex, and thus has a hard time knowing whether or not someone likes him.

Beta is still available here.
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#26 Post by Celianna » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:31 am

Working on the tailoring system! It's pretty fun to test it out now that a lot of the windows are created and can be clicked on.

Image

Image
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
Evy
Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian
Location: Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#27 Post by Evy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 am

Ohhh my gosh. I'm gonna smooch the heck out of Aiden. *w*

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#28 Post by Celianna » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Beta 0.2 is just around the corner! Hopefully I'll have it finished and ready to go at the end of the month.

Beta 0.2 will include:
- New characters being introduced
- Two new CGs
- Chapters 1 through 12 for Neil's route
- An hour and a half runtime

The beta still does not include the clothing system (it's still being worked on, I can't release an early sample), nor does it include a comprehensive character creation system, so it'll be the same as the last beta.
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
Celianna
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#29 Post by Celianna » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 am

Image

Beta 0.2 is out now! You can read chapters 1 through 12 of Neil's route. No clothing system added yet, purely novel reading at the moment.

New characters are introduced, new backgrounds, two new CGs, and some added voices! If you didn't like Neil that much from the first beta, I highly recommend reading until chapter 12 - if you still don't like his route, then you won't change your mind.

Tailor Tales beta v. 0.2


Image

Feedback is very much welcomed! If you tried beta 0.2 here are some questions.

- Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
- Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
- Do you like the new scene added with the grandma? (if you've played the first beta only)
- Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
- How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
- How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?

Questions for after playing chapters 1 through 12. PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FROM NOW ON!!
- Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
- Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
- Did you spot the falling star?
- Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
- Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
- Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
- Do you want to know what happens next?
Image
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

User avatar
Evy
Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian
Location: Gatineau
Contact:

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design clothes with romance! Beta out

#30 Post by Evy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Oh my god, I just played the demo. I have so many feelings.

- Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
I think they work very well! Then again, I'm biased and love voice acting. I think they really add to the immersion.
- Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
Yeah, at least I think they really mesh well with the character sprites and overall style.
- Do you like the new scene added with the grandma? (if you've played the first beta only)
Haven't played the first demo but with that considered, I would probably be a bit confused about Joselina's change of character over the years if it hadn't been included.
- Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
It depends on whether she'll show up again in the story (such as in flashbacks or family photos), I think. Right now it does kind of give a sense of distance in the sense that it was a long time ago, and that she's no longer with them. Ultimately it depends on whether it would be worth it to design and draw her.
- How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
I had to go AFK during the park scene, but overall I think most of the chapters took between five to ten minutes, with 12 probably being the lengthiest. So I'd say maybe between 75 and 120 minutes...?
- How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?
I believe I got 7 fierce and 11 kind.

Demo answers:
- Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
YEAH GOODNESS
- Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
No!! I saw his cousin and I was like "Oh, isn't this Neil's cousi--" then saw the black-haired sprite and I was like, wait a minute. Am I remembering it wrong? AND THEN THAT HAPPENED
- Did you spot the falling star?
:O No, but I'm tempted to go back and look for it!
- Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
Ohhh that's a tough choice... I liked them a lot, but there was something really endearing about the one of Neil trying to hide in the café.
- Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
I didn't really take notice because I was busy ogling Neil's expression >A>...
- Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
Honestly, I find him to be a very interesting character! He's a little shit, but he's an enjoyable one.
- Do you want to know what happens next?
YES. GOD I'm really looking forward to it!! Especially learning about Neil's reasons for chapter 12.
I'm really excited for this ahhhhh

ALSO before I forget: The writing is very solid, but there are a few instances of awkward wording, mostly in the beginning. It's nothing too bad, mostly just words being placed in the wrong order (such as "metal blue dome" rather than "blue metal dome"). I think "all of the sudden" is incorrect also. But I didn't think these detracted from the story very much anyway, and I was able to get immersed pretty easily in the end!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users