Ciel Fledge [Raising Sim] [Kickstarter] [DEMO!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
num
Regular

Re: Ciel Fledge [Raising Sim] [Sci-Fi]

#16 Post by num »

Name your "adopted daughter". Finally we are done with the introduction cutscene + player creation scene :D

Also, here's our latest devlog in case you are interested to read our progress so far: [Ciel Devlog #08] Closing The Gameplay Loop

tl;dr Demo might be out soon since we are almost finishing the core gameplay loop!

num
Regular

#17 Post by num »

Time for update and these are some of the stuff we have been working last week!

A preview of the dialogue system in the beginning of the game where you can choose what you want to be called by Ciel. Also ring menu where you can pick a topic to talk with her :D

Aside from the preview, we are also working on making an interactive tutorial since the game, especially its weekly scheduling aspect can be more confusing.

The tutorial will guide you side by side and let you practice assigning weekly schedule for your daughter while also prevent you from straying or accidentally pressing the wrong buttons. Practical guide is better than just reading text for tutorial :D

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#18 Post by qirien »

Oh, this looks fabulous! I'm intrigued by your worldbuilding and the opportunities for Ciel.

1. Personally, I enjoy VNs much more when there is more gameplay besides "choose the right conversation option once in a while".
2. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "mature themes". Personally, I would like my kids to be able to play this game, but if by "mature" you mean "realistic", I think that's fine. I wouldn't want to play it if there was any explicit sexual content (please don't have the "father" be able to date his own "daughter", even if they are just adopted... creepy!!!) Though recognizing that sex happens and its consequences, is a totally different story.
3. I love the characters and story you've shared so far! The graphics look really professional and fun, too.

I'm writing a raising sim in space, too, though with a quite different backstory, so I'm excited to see other people interested in this same idea. :-)

Good luck!
Finished games:

num
Regular

#19 Post by num »

qirien wrote:Oh, this looks fabulous! I'm intrigued by your worldbuilding and the opportunities for Ciel.

1. Personally, I enjoy VNs much more when there is more gameplay besides "choose the right conversation option once in a while".
2. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "mature themes". Personally, I would like my kids to be able to play this game, but if by "mature" you mean "realistic", I think that's fine. I wouldn't want to play it if there was any explicit sexual content (please don't have the "father" be able to date his own "daughter", even if they are just adopted... creepy!!!) Though recognizing that sex happens and its consequences, is a totally different story.
3. I love the characters and story you've shared so far! The graphics look really professional and fun, too.

I'm writing a raising sim in space, too, though with a quite different backstory, so I'm excited to see other people interested in this same idea. :-)

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! :D

There will be no sexually explicit content at all, and no there will be no "father date their own daughter" thing in this game haha. In the beginning of the game, there is no defined gender for the player, so the player "gender" will be entirely depends on your imagination, Ciel will ask you whether you want to be called mom or dad (or bro/sis even) though.

Also, one of my consideration in the design is to make the user interface as simple and friendly as possible, so hopefully kids can easily understand and play it although the game demographics we projected is for teens above 15+.

Lastly, I'm looking forward for your raising sim game! Do give some link so I can follow it. Raising Sim genre is a rarity and we should always support fellow raising simmers! :D

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#20 Post by qirien »

Yeah, that sounds great! I like how you can choose who you are.

The raising sim I'm working on is Our Personal Space 2: Space to Grow. The first game was a marriage sim, and this is the sequel: a parenting sim set on a new planet.
Finished games:

num
Regular

#21 Post by num »

Hello, it's been a long time since I posted updates here.

So here's some of the highlight update of the game development so far:

Worked on in-game tutorials to explain some of the quite obscure aspect of the gameplay:

Screenshots for another in-game tutorials explaining the battle system:

Worked on haggle system, your daughter can now haggle prices when shopping!

Overhauling the home screen UI with more clear and bigger, square buttons (the old one were small circle buttons)

Started working on companion select screen for the exploration game mode.

If you want to read more about our game development progress, don't hesitate to visit our devblogs on our website! Here's some of the latest devlog list for you:

Ciel Fledge devlog#12 - The Music of Ciel part 2
Ciel Fledge devlog#11 - UI Change… Wait, Now?
Ciel Fledge devlog#10 - Road to Minimum Viable Product
List of Ciel Fledge previous devlogs

That is all the update roundups for now, see you in the next post! :D

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

#22 Post by zankizuna »

So much art in this! The interface looks really complete! Cheers to this!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#23 Post by noeinan »

1. What do you think about the gameplay section of the game which is expected to be a lot more than the usual VN content?
I really like visual novels that have a lot of gameplay, and am a big fan of simulations. Child rearing sims are really fun, and I'm excited to see more getting made! The GUI looks very polished, and you all have done a great job making the game look very lively with the animations etc. I'm interested to see what the reasoning behind combat is for your kid. (Like, school fights or purposeful combat training, etc.)

2. Are you okay if the game incorporate more mature themes and content despite its light hearted undertone?
I like games that have more emotional depth/mature themes so I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean by that.
3. (Optional question) What is your initial thought of the story and characters so far?
The characters seem interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing more about them, as well as the setting.

num
Regular

#24 Post by num »

zankizuna wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 pm So much art in this! The interface looks really complete! Cheers to this!
Thank you! :D
daikiraikimi wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 am
1. What do you think about the gameplay section of the game which is expected to be a lot more than the usual VN content?
I really like visual novels that have a lot of gameplay, and am a big fan of simulations. Child rearing sims are really fun, and I'm excited to see more getting made! The GUI looks very polished, and you all have done a great job making the game look very lively with the animations etc. I'm interested to see what the reasoning behind combat is for your kid. (Like, school fights or purposeful combat training, etc.)

2. Are you okay if the game incorporate more mature themes and content despite its light hearted undertone?
I like games that have more emotional depth/mature themes so I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean by that.
3. (Optional question) What is your initial thought of the story and characters so far?
The characters seem interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing more about them, as well as the setting.
Thank you very much for the feedback!

And for the development updates: We are working on polishing the exploration and battle system. Your daughter can explore the surface of the planet if you choose her to do so. In general, if you ever play Princess Maker 2, this is quite similar with sending your daughter to an adventure. Some screenshots of exploration and battle in action:

Aside from the shots, we are also preparing to attend a local game convention this weekend, so I made some poster artwork to be displayed there!

That's all for the update, our plan after the convention is to be ready with limited public demo testing, so if you are interested to be a tester, please reply in this thread or just PM me! :D

Thanks for reading and see you in the next update!

MarkusLappalainen
Regular
Completed: Several short films and games (including VNs)
Projects: A feature film, a short film and my own music
Organization: Audio Cabin from the North
Soundcloud: Markus Lappalainen

#25 Post by MarkusLappalainen »

It never stops amazing me, how many great ideas and stories people can create! I guess it was here somewhere but when are you planning on a final release? I see you are getting ready for a limited public test.

And good luck to the convention! I hope you get all the attention you need and more ;)
Have a happy day! 8)
- Markus Lappalainen, composer & music consultant
Scoring Portfolio

num
Regular

#26 Post by num »

MarkusLappalainen wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 am It never stops amazing me, how many great ideas and stories people can create! I guess it was here somewhere but when are you planning on a final release? I see you are getting ready for a limited public test.

And good luck to the convention! I hope you get all the attention you need and more ;)
Thank you very much! :D

Right now the game is around 40 - 55% complete, my own estimate for the release probably at early 2018 if the development goes without problem!

MarkusLappalainen
Regular
Completed: Several short films and games (including VNs)
Projects: A feature film, a short film and my own music
Organization: Audio Cabin from the North
Soundcloud: Markus Lappalainen

#27 Post by MarkusLappalainen »

Cool :) tell us all about the convention when it is all over!
Have a happy day! 8)
- Markus Lappalainen, composer & music consultant
Scoring Portfolio

num
Regular

#28 Post by num »

MarkusLappalainen wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:34 am Cool :) tell us all about the convention when it is all over!
Of course! It was quite a blast, although the convention is clearly geared toward mobile games. Not really surprising in the country dominated with f2p mobile games and almost non-existant PC/Console market. We still managed to stand out even if only a bit and get lots of helpful feedbacks from the visitors. Now the convention is over, it's time to get back to work and prepare for public demo :D

You can read our experience there in detail here: http://studionamaapa.com/2017/08/ciel-d ... dge-event/

Also, here are some of the pics from our booth at the event!

num
Regular

#29 Post by num »

Hi folks, here's some of the latest update from the development of the game:

A devlog detailing about music composition in Ciel Fledge: http://studionamaapa.com/2017/08/ciel-d ... el-part-3/

New pulsing effect for the diamond tile on battle section

More addition to exploration mode (background and stuffs)

Actual implement of Ciel height, her portrait will change once she reaches certain height number and transform to teen/adult stage respectfully.

New various background for cutscenes

New artwork that more on point of what this game is about! (a raising sim)

Lastly, made a gamejolt page of the game, check it out and follow it since a demo release may be near :D

https://gamejolt.com/games/cielfledge/278287

That is all, see you in the next update!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#30 Post by Zelan »

I really like the new cover art, and the battle system looks fantastic. ^_^