Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][Adventure] Dessert Themed VN

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][Adventure] Dessert Themed V

#31 Post by Zelan »

Oooh... I think 2 and 3 are my favorites. I like two's colors, and three's hair and clothes are fantastic.

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#32 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Wow so much beautiful shades of green.
When I first saw it I really liked #2 but now #1 & #3 are really growing on me. #1 & #3 have a lot of character already in them and it's super cool. For one I imagine a very gentle princely type that is very patient with MC while three [perhpas because she reminds me of Yoruichi from Bleach] feels like the type that gets things done but by her own rules. So sometimes isn't as considerate to MC especially if it means accomplishing their end goal. Efficiency comes above personal preference. #2 sort of fell out of favour for me because she doesn't look useful, she seems like the princess type that complains a lot.
Sorry four, you just look too cute for mint. The others have a Kuudere classiness to them that would be perfect for mint. I do like those striped swords though and I'm a sucker for freckles.
Is it bad I am already making headcanons >///< I just love dessert girls so much.
Design wise... because smorella has an armour design I am wondering if all the character should have an armour type design of if there should be more of a varity between them? If they are all meant to be knights of some sort then defo design #1 but if they have different skills then #3 or #2 might be a better bet.

Q. You said each route will focus on a different theme. Have you decided which character will be guiding you through the different themes yet?

Kofi Daze
Organization: https://www.facebook.com/KofiDazeStudio/
Deviantart: KofiDazeStudio

#33 Post by Kofi Daze »

Zelan wrote:Oooh... I think 2 and 3 are my favorites. I like two's colors, and three's hair and clothes are fantastic.
Design #1 and #3 are the ones that actually made it out of the concept phase :)
This round of design was actually pretty difficult since all of the potentials were really good.

Kofi Daze

#34 Post by Kofi Daze »

pigionsdeliver wrote:Wow so much beautiful shades of green.
When I first saw it I really liked #2 but now #1 & #3 are really growing on me. #1 & #3 have a lot of character already in them and it's super cool. For one I imagine a very gentle princely type that is very patient with MC while three [perhpas because she reminds me of Yoruichi from Bleach] feels like the type that gets things done but by her own rules. So sometimes isn't as considerate to MC especially if it means accomplishing their end goal. Efficiency comes above personal preference. #2 sort of fell out of favour for me because she doesn't look useful, she seems like the princess type that complains a lot.
Sorry four, you just look too cute for mint. The others have a Kuudere classiness to them that would be perfect for mint. I do like those striped swords though and I'm a sucker for freckles.
Is it bad I am already making headcanons >///< I just love dessert girls so much.
Design wise... because smorella has an armour design I am wondering if all the character should have an armour type design of if there should be more of a varity between them? If they are all meant to be knights of some sort then defo design #1 but if they have different skills then #3 or #2 might be a better bet.

Q. You said each route will focus on a different theme. Have you decided which character will be guiding you through the different themes yet?
I love your comment because this is exactly what the conversation was like when we were trying to narrow down
which design made it out of the concept phase. Ultimately #1 and #3 made it out :) I fell in love with #3 when I saw her
and she'll be incorporated into the arc as a separate character called Meltrum Mint.

In regard to your design comment, S'morella is the only knight character at this point in development. All of the other girls have
different occupations and different styles of fighting, so they will all look vastly different (especially since they all come from
different parts of the land.)

E.g
S'morella is a knight from the Kingdom of Chocolith.
But Mina Mint is a runaway heir from the Mint Clan, masquerading as a pirate captain.

In regard to your question, I have decided which characters will be guiding the MC. In the party of the MC you will have 3 other companions, S'morella, Lord Khavi, and a fairy called Sprinkles. These three are set with you for all of your adventures, but each route has a designated group of people. I'll use the Kingdom of Chocolith as another example, that place focuses on mother/daughter relationships and lack of communication.

Kingdom of Chocolith List:

Benilla Waffael
Queen Tofiel
Lady Caramelia
Bonnie Bonnet
Cria Puffla
etc.

Each location has a group of people that you will become immersed in. Some places have issues already planted that you will be joining into to help resolve, others will develop when your party gets there. I tried to make sure that each place was unique in terms of character creation / customs of those dessert people, in addition to the type of social issues they're meant to cover.

It's been really fun making the routes xD because I try to keep a balance of making things stay realistic but engaging.

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

#35 Post by TellerFarsight »

This project looks like a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing more of it!
About the Mint sprites, I personally liked 3 and 4 the best, because they seem to take more design elements from the dessert theme than the others. For 1 and 2, it just felt like a colour palette (even though I can see the cookie shoulder pads and all), but looking at 3 and 4 I actually tasted mint. 3 is probably the best, but 4 seemed much more... fiery, more like the kind of girl to run off and join a pirate crew.
I like all of them I think, but I think I agree most with Sonomi about the body issues theme. It fits well with the desserts aesthetic and it's just a good issue to flesh out. In general, I'm happy that you're taking what looks like a happy and beautiful setting and adding a bit of "heavy cream."
I might actually prefer non-romance VNs at this point
Absolutely! It's not like it will be completely unrelatable, and I suspect I'll learn something if it is.
As a side note, my little brother was reading over my shoulder, and he suggested the name S'morelda instead of S'morella, because then it would sound like Esmerelda.
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

Kofi Daze

#36 Post by Kofi Daze »

TellerFarsight wrote:1.
This project looks like a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing more of it!
About the Mint sprites, I personally liked 3 and 4 the best, because they seem to take more design elements from the dessert theme than the others. For 1 and 2, it just felt like a colour palette (even though I can see the cookie shoulder pads and all), but looking at 3 and 4 I actually tasted mint. 3 is probably the best, but 4 seemed much more... fiery, more like the kind of girl to run off and join a pirate crew.
I like all of them I think, but I think I agree most with Sonomi about the body issues theme. It fits well with the desserts aesthetic and it's just a good issue to flesh out. In general, I'm happy that you're taking what looks like a happy and beautiful setting and adding a bit of "heavy cream."
I might actually prefer non-romance VNs at this point
Absolutely! It's not like it will be completely unrelatable, and I suspect I'll learn something if it is.
As a side note, my little brother was reading over my shoulder, and he suggested the name S'morelda instead of S'morella, because then it would sound like Esmerelda.
Thank you for your feedback :D

Funny enough the bit about tasting mint from #3 and #4 was a pretty common remark,
although, it is #1 and #3 that made it out of the concept phase :) I'll be trying to represent each issue
realistically for the MC, and body issues will be an interesting one to go over since I personally don't have that
problem. "Heavy cream" is probably the best term of I've heard for them xD

I actually like non-romance VNS. Maybe it's cause I played too many otome games/vns when I was younger that
I just developed this dislike for the romance genre because there were so many inconsistencies and things just
made me upset when I didn't get to direct the MC and she had to be a certain type to fit the narrative.

Please tell your brother that S'morelda is an amazing name xD

YaminoOkami
Regular
Projects: 17th Astral

Re: Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][Adventure] Dessert Themed VN

#37 Post by YaminoOkami »

I am pretty late but is it still ok to answer those questions and ask some questions?

1) What is your general impression of this game idea?
Main plot sound interesting, while doesn't seem too original I think it's ok because I like those kind of stories (Travel to a fantasy world) when you add to that that theme sounds very interesting (Relationship about girls) and that it seems to have a very pretty character art and design I am pretty interested in this VN.

2) Of the themes that I mentioned, which would you be the most excited to see executed?
"You're not related by blood, but you're practically sisters"

3) This game isn't romance heavy - it's not an otome where you try to find a partner by the end. Is that a turn off?
If it had no romance at all or/and not even strong platonic relationships would be a big turn off, but as long as there is still strong relationships between girls where they are most important to each other and nether has a lover on a side or/and GxG relationships are still optenable even if romance is not a main focus I am ok.

4) Gentlemen, would you still be interested in this game even though there are a lot of female heavy themes?
Rather then still it's more because of it.

5) I might have forgotten something, but if you have ANY questions just hit me up!
I have a few.
First I see GxG part was removed from title, did you give up on idea of GxG romance options still being obtainable even if not a main focus?
Even if no romance and only platonic relationships, will this VN still be in format of routes? As in choose who to bound with and presue that route?
And this is very important question, will girls also be involved with male lovers? Generally I hate when story that is about relationships between girls girls are getting in romantic relationships with guys, as I see it even if it is a non romantic relationship between 2 girls those girls should still have strong bound and put each other in a first place and for me if one of those girls has a male lover that kills that relationship between girls. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
Lastly where can I follow your progress?