Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][Adventure] Dessert Themed VN

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kofi Daze
Organization: https://www.facebook.com/KofiDazeStudio/
Deviantart: KofiDazeStudio

Re: Dessert Girls VN [Medieval Fantasy][GxG][Friendship]

#16 Post by Kofi Daze »

asdfghjkl

this was an error lol
Last edited by Kofi Daze on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kofi Daze

#17 Post by Kofi Daze »

bluepuzzlebox wrote:WOW! The background art looks amazing. The sprite art is really cute too.

1) What is your general impression of this game idea?
- I love stories set in the medieval times. I love story-driven VNs. Once more of the plot is rolled out, I'd love to see where this goes.

2) Of the themes that I mentioned, which would you be the most excited to see executed?
- Mother/Daughter relationship, usually media always portrays a mother's love as unending and unconditional.... but I'd love to see something a little different.

3) This game isn't romance heavy - it's not an otome where you try to find a partner by the end. Is that a turn off?
- Nope, not at all.

4) Gentlemen, would you still be interested in this game even though there are a lot of female heavy themes?
- Pass, I'm female :P

5) I might have forgotten something, but if you have ANY questions just hit me up!
- Please keep us updated! I have a lot of respect for people who work on one project for a long time, and over 3 years is amazing.
Thank you for your kind words and your feedback ^^
I do have it in mind to make mother/daughter relationships that aren't so...typical? Is the word I would use, haha.

Would you like me to add you to the quote list? I only quote people when I have a large number of updates :)
I try to post in here at least once every two or three weeks.

bluepuzzlebox

#18 Post by bluepuzzlebox »

Kofi Daze wrote:
bluepuzzlebox wrote:WOW! The background art looks amazing. The sprite art is really cute too.

- I love stories set in the medieval times. I love story-driven VNs. Once more of the plot is rolled out, I'd love to see where this goes.

2) Of the themes that I mentioned, which would you be the most excited to see executed?
- Mother/Daughter relationship, usually media always portrays a mother's love as unending and unconditional.... but I'd love to see something a little different.

3) This game isn't romance heavy - it's not an otome where you try to find a partner by the end. Is that a turn off?
- Nope, not at all.

4) Gentlemen, would you still be interested in this game even though there are a lot of female heavy themes?
- Pass, I'm female :P

5) I might have forgotten something, but if you have ANY questions just hit me up!
- Please keep us updated! I have a lot of respect for people who work on one project for a long time, and over 3 years is amazing.
Thank you for your kind words and your feedback ^^
I do have it in mind to make mother/daughter relationships that aren't so...typical? Is the word I would use, haha.

Would you like me to add you to the quote list? I only quote people when I have a large number of updates :)
I try to post in here at least once every two or three weeks.
Sure! Sign me up!

Kofi Daze

Re: Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][GxG] Dessert Themed VN

#19 Post by Kofi Daze »

Finally have an official facebook up!

https://www.facebook.com/KofiDazeStudio/

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#20 Post by Sonomi »

I love sweets, so I'm sold on your concept already. It looks like it will be a cute game.

Body image issues. That's a topic I don't see very often and it's a subject that I wouldn't mind seeing explored further.

Not at all. What I always like to see are meaningful relationships in general, romantic or otherwise, so as long as there is character development in some form I will be 100% happy to read it.

Female. ^ ^ But I do have a comment here, I suppose. I'm really glad to see a visual novel focused on female heavy themes.

Out of curiosity, about how many characters will this visual novel have? The character design you've shown is quite creative.

Kofi Daze

#21 Post by Kofi Daze »

Sonomi wrote:1) What is your general impression of this game idea?

I love sweets, so I'm sold on your concept already. It looks like it will be a cute game.

Body image issues. That's a topic I don't see very often and it's a subject that I wouldn't mind seeing explored further.

Not at all. What I always like to see are meaningful relationships in general, romantic or otherwise, so as long as there is character development in some form I will be 100% happy to read it.

Female. ^ ^ But I do have a comment here, I suppose. I'm really glad to see a visual novel focused on female heavy themes.

Out of curiosity, about how many characters will this visual novel have? The character design you've shown is quite creative.
Thank you so much for your feedback :D

To answer your question, human characters will probably range from about three to four.
But specific dessert based girls...considering there are about six locations that this game goes through,
my number at the moment is about twenty five. Granted, that is subject to change :) Each location is
designated to a certain group of people, participating in a certain type of relationship issue ^^ This of course
isn't shoved down the readers throat - there is still the main plot, but because there isn't a lot of romance for the
MC of the game, I compensated by having the MC immerse themselves into the lives of others to go over themes I wanted.

Kofi Daze

#22 Post by Kofi Daze »

Finally got a finished sprite! S'morella is lookin' so sweet.

Kofi Daze

#23 Post by Kofi Daze »

Zelan wrote:
pigionsdeliver wrote:
bluepuzzlebox wrote:

Hi guys o u o /
Just wanted to tag you to let know that there are some updates.
I finally got some decent images to show off and whatnot.
Still got a long way to go in terms of getting art, but the ball is rolling.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#24 Post by Zelan »

Oh, S'morella looks lovely. ^_^ She sounds like an awesome person to get to know as well.

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#25 Post by morinoir »

I must say the the finished sprite is looking very delicious! XD I can't wait to see the other character! May I ask who the artist is?

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#26 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Oh isn't she delightful! I'd have her in my hot coco any day. XD
Kudos to your artist! The sprite is so nicely drawn and well polished I could look at it all day and find something new to love about the design. Can't wait to see what other goodies you have bagged up for this project. Oh my and is that cheesecake on her head. Please say you plan to release are artbook for this. Or at the very least some BGs. My iphone needs a new beauty for its lock screen. Lol
As for the description, you had me at Vanillium - Ahhh the elements of spice will surely tickle my humour.
Q. How many kingdoms are there in your world and are there any differences in character type/species based on where they are from?

Kofi Daze

#27 Post by Kofi Daze »

Zelan wrote:Oh, S'morella looks lovely. ^_^ She sounds like an awesome person to get to know as well.
I'm happy you think so! ^^ She's one of the few who will accompany the MC throughout the game.
I really can't wait to put up all the other desservir sprites for people to see.

Kofi Daze

#28 Post by Kofi Daze »

morinoir wrote:I must say the the finished sprite is looking very delicious! XD I can't wait to see the other character! May I ask who the artist is?
Thank you very much ^^ The studio that I'm working with in order to complete these is known as Elleh Frank Studio.

Kofi Daze

#29 Post by Kofi Daze »

pigionsdeliver wrote:Oh isn't she delightful! I'd have her in my hot coco any day. XD
Kudos to your artist! The sprite is so nicely drawn and well polished I could look at it all day and find something new to love about the design. Can't wait to see what other goodies you have bagged up for this project. Oh my and is that cheesecake on her head. Please say you plan to release are artbook for this. Or at the very least some BGs. My iphone needs a new beauty for its lock screen. Lol
As for the description, you had me at Vanillium - Ahhh the elements of spice will surely tickle my humour.
Q. How many kingdoms are there in your world and are there any differences in character type/species based on where they are from?
Thank you for the kind words ; v ;

I definitely do plan to release a digital + physical art book for Kickstarter rewards.
But I will be putting out a ton of art before hand because I do have to raise a lot of money!
I believe this project will need to raise somewhere around 30-40k. Which is why I'm being very careful
with promotion, and I won't do the Kickstarter until I feel like I've grabbed enough interest from people ^^

To answer your question, in this Kingdom I'm only letting them cross through two kingdoms. But, there are
about four different landscapes for the MC to bass through. So in total, I think you go through about 7 different locations,
each one catered to a different dessert. Each location has their own set of characters to interact with and story arc
to progress through. It'll be a very length game ^^

For example, the first location is the Kingdom of Chocolith, but after that you venture into places like the Milky Sea,
The Black Licorice Forest, and so on. Chocolith has chocolate based desserts like cakes and fudges, Milky Sea has
more drink based treats like Hot Cocoa, Coffee, Tapioca Bubble Drinks, and Licorice Forest has a lot of dark monsters ;)

I believe in giving a very full experience to the player, so there will be a lot of places to go to, people to meet.
Definitely trying to make sure people get their money's worth and have a lot of fun with the characters and environments xD

Kofi Daze

Re: Desservir [Medieval Fantasy][Adventure] Dessert Themed V

#30 Post by Kofi Daze »

Concept design for Mina Mint ^^