Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile]: KICKSTARTER LAST 3 DAYS!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
haitori
Regular
Tumblr: matchaastudio

Re: Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile] - new ar

#16 Post by haitori »

[03/27/17]
Hi everyone! The main boys will be providing an update this week via video:

Development

The devs have been hard at work and managed to create a VN engine (see video above)!

Writing

Our writer is around 30% complete in outlining Kouya's story and has also done the first half of our demo (Day One) script!

Art

Team artist is currently slaving away with coloring sprites...aka this view of Kouya's hair (aka a pain in the butt):

Design

Team designer has been hard at work creating amazing UI elements! Check out our new mockup screens:

txqina
Regular

Re: Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile] - new ar

#17 Post by txqina »

1. Does the premise pique your interest? Is the setting/setup fresh and engaging as an iteration of the high school romance genre?
Not especially a fresh idea, but with attractive art (which you have) I would give it a try. For me, the setting in a VN can be mundane if the characters and/or story have something interesting to say to me or if the romance story is combined effectively with another plot element such as mystery or action.

2. Which of the characters catch your interest? Who would you romance (or, for those uninclined, whose story premise interests you)?
At this stage, I would probably give them all a try. However as a guy in RL, I am probably not in your main target audience.

3. How interested would you be in the “rival stories,” particularly the romances of the bachelors you don’t choose in any given playthrough?
It's a nice touch. But only if it is foreshadowed properly when/after you make your romance choices, and only if there is sufficient game time with the rivals and non-chosen romance options to make it worthwhile for the audience to see the final outcomes.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile] + VN vid

#18 Post by Zelan »

Aha, that was cute! cx And it was a great way to give us both a progress report and a taste of the characters and the way that they interact with one another.

haitori
Regular

Re: Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile]

#19 Post by haitori »

txqina wrote:1. Does the premise pique your interest? Is the setting/setup fresh and engaging as an iteration of the high school romance genre?
Not especially a fresh idea, but with attractive art (which you have) I would give it a try. For me, the setting in a VN can be mundane if the characters and/or story have something interesting to say to me or if the romance story is combined effectively with another plot element such as mystery or action.

2. Which of the characters catch your interest? Who would you romance (or, for those uninclined, whose story premise interests you)?
At this stage, I would probably give them all a try. However as a guy in RL, I am probably not in your main target audience.

3. How interested would you be in the “rival stories,” particularly the romances of the bachelors you don’t choose in any given playthrough?
It's a nice touch. But only if it is foreshadowed properly when/after you make your romance choices, and only if there is sufficient game time with the rivals and non-chosen romance options to make it worthwhile for the audience to see the final outcomes.
Thank you for your inputs! Our writer is working hard to make sure the story is engaging and that rival stories wouldn't just be an afterthought :D
Zelan wrote:Aha, that was cute! cx And it was a great way to give us both a progress report and a taste of the characters and the way that they interact with one another.
Thanks Zelan, we really wanted the main characters to have close relationships outside of whatever will be developed with the MC to make them more believable!
(TY FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTING US /HUG)

Celianna
Veteran

#20 Post by Celianna »

I'm always excited for an update - anything new on the story? Did you decide where it's heading and the setting?

And ahh, your artist is just like me. Drawing the next characters even though I haven't finished the previous one.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

haitori
Regular

#21 Post by haitori »

Celianna wrote:I'm always excited for an update - anything new on the story? Did you decide where it's heading and the setting?

And ahh, your artist is just like me. Drawing the next characters even though I haven't finished the previous one.
Hi Celianna! Our team writer has been working on really developing the city the story will be set in, as well as the characters' backstories! (Hint:Aside from the usual student life stories, you get an overarching plot that deals with the City's secrets...)
As of now, we've settled on a fictional artificial island somewhere between Japan and the Philippines: a sort of melting pot of different cultures, created as part of an economic agreement.
We've also set it at the "Senior High School" level - it's a new addition to the real-life Philippine educational system, which pushes the first two years of college into the mandatory high school setting :) So students are actually taking college electives and majors alongside their usual core subjects!

PS: I'm the team artist! I think we jump from working on one character or another to keep the task of spriting from getting too boring :lol:

slaybelles
Projects: Sour Cherry Twist, various others
itch: slaybelles

#22 Post by slaybelles »

I'm loving the art so far. Very interested to see how the rival routes work out. Will it be similar to how rivals were handled in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade?

Gotta be real: my favorite characters, visually, are Shutter Shades-sensei and pink haired girl.

haitori
Regular

#23 Post by haitori »

slaybelles wrote:I'm loving the art so far. Very interested to see how the rival routes work out. Will it be similar to how rivals were handled in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade?

Gotta be real: my favorite characters, visually, are Shutter Shades-sensei and pink haired girl.
We're still figuring out the actual mechanics for the rivals, but the idea is to develop a rival's story per route (ie, as you pursue Rui's route, Kouya and the girl with the pink shawl will be important characters in Rui's storyline and you can catch the "events" that happen between them to help move their story forward) :D

We're hoping to add routes for Shutter Shades and K (pink-haired girl) once we finish with the main routes! Crossing our fingers that development goes smooth for the main routes so we can add them in time for release :)

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#24 Post by Evy »

Will there be any full body references for the characters? For... reasons... totally not for cosplay purposes... nope.........

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#25 Post by Zelan »

K route? Yes please.

haitori
Regular

#26 Post by haitori »

Evy wrote:Will there be any full body references for the characters? For... reasons... totally not for cosplay purposes... nope.........
There might be!
...anyone in particular you had in mind? :wink:
Zelan wrote:K route? Yes please.
K is winning the popularity polls! :shock:

haitori
Regular

#27 Post by haitori »

Hey everyone! The team's still hard at work on our different deliverables (ROAD TO DEMO!); here's a little update on the main routes we have for the game!

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#28 Post by Evy »

Ahhh! These look awesome. I love how you have them describe each other. I'm also still gonna smooch Rui.
haitori wrote:There might be!
The girls' uniform would be gr8... guess I'll have to wait and see which girl appeals to me most in the game :') they're all so cute...

haitori
Regular

#29 Post by haitori »

Evy wrote:Ahhh! These look awesome. I love how you have them describe each other. I'm also still gonna smooch Rui.
haitori wrote:There might be!
The girls' uniform would be gr8... guess I'll have to wait and see which girl appeals to me most in the game :') they're all so cute...
Ahh, thank you so much! *casually adds a smooch Rui option*

Noted, will try to put a full-body ref in the list of assets for me to work on ;) Watch out for future updates!

haitori
Regular

Re: Golden Hour [GxB][Romance][School Life][Mobile] - DEMO SOON!

#30 Post by haitori »

DEMO RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

SEPTEMBER 30: Save the date for the Golden Hour Demo Release!

Apologies to all our followers for the radio silence, but the project is still on and the team isn’t dead! We’ve been working hard preparing for demo release, and we have finally locked a date :)

Please cheer us on!