This can be deleted

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Pink Potion
Projects: Yakuza Kiss
Tumblr: PinkPotionGames

This can be deleted

#1 Post by Pink Potion »

Just marking this thread for deletion.
Last edited by Pink Potion on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pink Potion

Re: Never Let Me Go [GxB] [Crime/Romance/Action/Otome]

#2 Post by Pink Potion »

deleted
Last edited by Pink Potion on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Pink Potion wrote:As she tries to jump off the Qian bridge she is captured and brutalized by members of the yakuza. They mistake her for her dead twin brother and she’s forced to play along.
Be sure to establish how the yakuza act in your speculative future setting. Show what has or hasn't changed over the decades.
Pink Potion wrote:Some events in the VN are narrated with several overlay comic panels that move across the screen...
Is there a published work which has similar graphics or visual effects? The first similar-sounding things that I can think of are Quartett, and how Phantasy Star 4 used comic panels.
Pink Potion wrote:Instead of branching out into several romancable character storylines, this VN centers on one love story
That could be an interesting point of difference. There are more than a few VNs with only a single hero or heroine, though some are short in length or small in scope. In any event, sometimes it's best to focus on just the relationship between two characters. It can help make sure other characters do not seem like tacked-on / filler romance options.
Pink Potion wrote:I'm an adult woman and I really love Visual novels and Asian TV dramas, but I find that it's difficult to find content for my "mature" taste... I have been searching for something in between - something extremely romantic and cheesy, but also erotic and exciting.
Use Never Let Me Go to show what you've learned from experiencing and creating a variety of pop culture media. Consider writing a list of "story elements I prefer to avoid." Also think about making a list of "problematic story concepts, and how to improve on them."
Pink Potion wrote:What do you think about releasing a censored/pg-12 version of this VN for Android and iOS?
It's fine, as long as it doesn't compromise your vision too much. Think about what elements you can and can not include in a worksafe version of your story. Would you have to omit scenes of characters drinking alcohol? Would scenes of gore and violence be considered acceptable?
Pink Potion wrote:It would also be possible to let the player choose the level of violence/crude language/adult content. Do you see any pros/cons to this?
I think it's a good idea to give the reader options.
Pink Potion wrote:What do you think about a chapter by chapter type release?
There's nothing wrong with an episodic visual novel. However, if it stalls during development, that can be a problem. I have seen a number of published works which get canceled halfway through the story. Consider making contingency plans. How will you persevere if your computer crashes? Can you continue writing even when it seems dull or frustrating? What if you have to endure a crisis?

Pink Potion

#4 Post by Pink Potion »

deleted