Demo

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Archaic

Demo

#1 Post by Archaic »

This game is no longer in development
Last edited by Archaic on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: [Novelty] Squire Quest Demo

#2 Post by fleet »

Is there supposed to be sound? I didn't hear any when I played the demo.
If the main character was in a coma for four years, he probably would not still have bandages on his head. If there is a specific reason you should explain why.
His vest has patches on it. If he was squire to a prince, one would assume he would have better clothes.
Narrator is misspelled.

Your patreon page said you make adult games.
The demo did not contain any adult content, but I looked in the assets folder and noticed some nude images.
I was tempted to stop playing when the opening had the main character suffering from amnesia. I dislike amnesia in visual novels. I played the demo to the point where I was alone in the kitchen. The mother had said she was going to work at a tavern. She gave her son a broken sword. From there the only thing to do seemed to be to go into the bedroom. Does the demo end at that point? You might want to add more content, like a quest.
After going to your patreon page I almost did not download the demo because you require a decryption code. I don't see the value of having to enter a code, since you said the game will be free.

Since the game is in Novelty, you might mention that it is available only in Windows.

If it's your dream to make this game, by all means make it. Some people will play it, some won't.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Archaic

Re: Demo

#3 Post by Archaic »

Last edited by Archaic on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: [Novelty] Squire Quest Demo

#4 Post by fleet »

I wasted time in the kitchen and bedroom, clicking on various parts of the images trying to find hotspots. Finally I gave up, figuring that was all there was to the demo. You might want to add a thought dialog in the bedroom, where the main character thinks "I'm bored. There's nothing to do in here or in the kitchen . I'll check the map and decide where to go."
I hope others play the demo and give you feedback.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Archaic

Re: Demo

#5 Post by Archaic »