Operation: Future Domination [GxB] [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Eirrir
Regular
Projects: Operation: Future Domination
Tumblr: Eirrir
itch: eirrir

Re: Operation: Future Domination [GxB] [Mystery] DEMO!

#31 Post by Eirrir »

Mikomi wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:58 pm Congrats on the partnership with Sekai Project and all the downloads! 👏👏
Thank you, Mikomi!!
Current VN Project:
Game Development Blog

Eirrir
Regular

#32 Post by Eirrir »

Major Update #3

New character sprite spotted! Meet Arun, the first of the side characters. Sporty-looking, but there’s more than meets the eye ಠ‿↼
Originally, I planned to introduce Arun later in the story, but as I was reworking the demo, I decided it would be best for him to appear earlier in the game. So, for over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been working on his sprite for over the past couple of weeks and finally, it’s done! When trying to come up with these character designs, I try to make the cast as ethnically diverse as possible. For those of you who are interested in tidbits of the game, the ancestry of some of the characters can be traced to (although the art may not reflect it very accurately):

Nicolas - Brazil
Leon - France
Ryan - China
Arun - Pakistan

And for those of you are wondering, OFD is set in contemporary America.

That’s all for now! See you in the next update :)
Current VN Project:
Game Development Blog

semide
Regular
Organization: Di-ferrero
Deviantart: seimide-chan

#33 Post by semide »

When I saw this my inner fan girled fanned. I played the demo some time ago and it was awesome you're writing had me floored the story is interesting (leon is my bae) and the animation where quite good. I'm really happy for you eirrir <3 keep up the good work!

Eirrir
Regular

#34 Post by Eirrir »

Aww, many thanks for the kind words, Sei! I'm very encouraged :D Hope you look forward to seeing more of the game.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that Leon will be many people's bae :wink:
Current VN Project:
Game Development Blog

ieya

#35 Post by ieya »

Answering the questions quickly...

1) Yes, the story's of interest - mysteries and time loops are enough to hook me.

2) Nice, clear, distinct / attractive character designs. No particular favourite as yet.

3) Art style looks excellent - it's distinctive, attractive, and stylish. All hangs together well - and quite a few backgrounds too, in a relatively short space of time.

4) .. yeah, I'll drop you an email or something as I'll ramble on :)

And having played the demo (obviously)

1) Windows. No particular bugs or glitches seen other than minor things which I'll note in email.

2) Overall impression - too short. Needs several more hours. ;) (Seriously - it's good, it had me hooked, and all too frustrated when it came to an end; I hope the full game has a ton more length to it as I enjoyed this so much).

3) Nice effect but a bit overdone I thought - keep the idea but make it more subtle?

4) Writing generally flowed fine, I had a few very minor suggestions to make here and there as noted in separate email.

5) Main suggestion/request is to make sure there's a lot of writing to read, really - I'd feel sad if this ended up being an all-too-short read, as the characters and setting deserve plenty.

6) The writing, with supporting thanks to the art :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#36 Post by AntiquedFae »

I just wanted to stop by and say I love this game! The new character looks great, and I'm thrilled everything is progressing well! I hope it continues to go great!~ ^_^
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Eirrir
Regular

#37 Post by Eirrir »

Thank you, Ieya and AntiquedFae, for the kind words!

And...
Halloween is one of Rin's favorite holidays! Trick or treat, she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty...

As for the progress of the game, I'm still hard at work on the extended demo, especially with implementing the new GUI done by potouto! Here's a preview:
I'm always open to feedback~
Last edited by Eirrir on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current VN Project:
Game Development Blog

kawaiinekochama
Regular
Projects: Change Me!
Organization: nekollection
itch: nyankochama

#38 Post by kawaiinekochama »

Oh my gosh! The GUI design looks epic! OwO
I've actually downloaded the demo but I've only played it halfway through (or maybe a quarter) because I'm literally busy nowadays and too much folders in my laptop :'3
But through the little gameplay I can say that the story is really catchy for me. I like this kind of setting rather than just plain high school romance.
Good luck, Eirrir! I'm rooting for you~! \(>w<)/
My first game :
My website :