Backstab [romance, comedy and murder?]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pavellumpendulum

Backstab [romance, comedy and murder?]

#1 Post by pavellumpendulum »

Backstab -the assassin project- is a game about planning an assassination while someone plans yours.

✒ Genre: Stat-raising, parody/comedy, romance, friendship
✒ Estimated Release: Demo - ~ April 2017 / Full release - ~ June 2017
✒ Platform: Windows/Mac/Linux
✒ Completely free!
✒ Rating: Teen, mostly. Swearing, crude humor, violence... You won't see anything explicit visually, but the descriptions will probably get a bit gorey.

Synopsis:
This is your final exam. That, you know. Here you are, entering a high school, a seemingly prestigious academy with one goal: to train future spies and assassins. You are not here to learn. You are here to find your target, eliminate them, then go a week without being proven to be the murderer. That, is how you graduate. But life is not always so simple. While you are hunting, another student is hunting you. Take too long to make your move and perhaps you might not make it to graduation.

The goal of this project was to take a really heavy theme... And completely fluff it up for the majority of the game. Yes, this game is about murder. The slifey elements are here to lull you into a false sense of security as you get to know everyone, then catch you when you don't expect it.
Projected features:
- renameable MC and the ability to choose pronouns
- 5 dateable people (2 girls - Roux/Poudrette, 1 nonbinary person - Fern, 2 boys - Ashe/Blaine), ability to skip dating entirely if preferred with friendship routes
- stat building gameplay to determine effectiveness of assassination/possible ways of getting caught
Characters:
Weiss - default name
The main character. Personality is determined by dialogue choices.
poudrette n canterbury sketch.jpg
Canterbury
Canterbury just can't seem to shut up. He's the vain type and though some would say he has reason to, he's pretty obnoxious about it. He doesn't care much for anything if it doesn't relate to him and loves to run his mouth even when people clearly don't need to hear what he has to say. Seems to have an aversion to keeping his clothes on.
-----------
Extra concept art:
lesbians.jpg
fernie sanders.jpg
amber n ashe.jpg
-----------
The Team:
me. it's literally just me right now LOL
Logo by a friend of mine! But other than that it's just me here.

Progress: (updated March 23rd, 2017)
Concept: 40%
- currently outlining main routes.
Writing: 1%
- initial scenes being written.
Coding: 1%
- basic UI being coded.
Art: 10%
- base sprites for everyone except Canterbury are done. Currently working on Roux's expressions.
Music: 0%
- I can't compose music :^(

Questions
1. Who are you most interested in as a character?
2. How do you feel about this concept? Would you be interested in playing this game?
3. If this game gets voiced, I would want it to only be partially voiced to keep the file small. Would you prefer important dialogue to be voiced or just the initial scene and certain endings?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Backstab [romance, comedy and murder?]

#2 Post by Zelan »

1. Who are you most interested in as a character?: I think I've already said how much I love Poudrette. Ashe and Amber are both really cool as well. (Mom friends are my favorite kind of friend.)
2. How do you feel about this concept? Would you be interested in playing this game?: It's awesome and I am fully prepared to love these characters and then have my heart ripped out.
3. If this game gets voiced, I would want it to only be partially voiced to keep the file small. Would you prefer important dialogue to be voiced or just the initial scene and certain endings?: I prefer all or nothing when it comes to voice acting. I would still play the game with partial, but I'd most likely turn the voices off, so which scenes are voiced doesn't really matter to me.