Vicboys [GxB] [Period Drama, Comedy] [Commercial] DEMO OUT

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

Re: Vicboys [GxB] [Period Drama, Humor] [Commercial] Update

#31 Post by potouto »

I love the new logo so much, it looks so adorable <:
Okay, that might not be the best word for it but it's so niceee

Also wiggle waggle these recent updates on the blog are looking very good if I say so myself wiggle waggle
Dotty and Billy are absolutely adorable! I want to adopt Billy, he looks like such a cute son and Dotty looks like such a sweetheart <3

I'm so excited for this game, I'm giving it the forehead kiss of blessing <3
One for both of you as well! Work hard, guys! Will be cheering from the side line hehe

yeah well | commission | website

Smaymay
Regular
Completed: Vicboys demo
Tumblr: esmmeh
Deviantart: Smaymay

#32 Post by Smaymay »

Potouto

How kind of you to leave a comment again. :)
It really means a lot to us to hear you're excited about our game and its development.
Thank you so much! WE'LL DO OUR BEST!
WE'RE FILLED WITH DETERMINATION! :mrgreen:

Xandra
Regular
Completed: Band Camp Boyfriend
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: http://lovebirdgames.tumblr.com/
itch: lovebird-games
Discord: xandra42

#33 Post by Xandra »

1. What’s your opinion on the characters? Do you have a favourite?
Petrus and Jeremy are the most attractive to me. Mr. Teacher is pretty and fluffy, yet manly. And Jeremy looks like he has the Mr. Darcy stare thing going, so...yeah I'm into that. I like Fabian too. He gets cravat points.

2. What do you think of the premise so far?
I like it! I've never seen a premise like this combined with such a cute art style before.

3. How do you feel about the additional game mechanics; gift gifting, letter writing and money making?
I don't know how I feel about money making in a visual novel, but it's too soon to judge. Gift giving and letter writing remind me of games like Animal crossing and Harvest Moon so I'm interested in that. :) I'd mostly likely be fine with all of these features so long as they enhance the story and don't detract from it.

4. How many hours of gameplay do you expect from a datingsim like this?
Uhhh...honestly I have no idea.

5. How many CG’s do you expect from each route?
Maybe around three? That seems like a good number to shoot for, although a lack or absence of CGs isn't going to deter me from playing a game.

6. What do you expect from the audio (Keeping in mind that we’re on a student budget)?
I think using music from the classical and romantic eras is definitely the way to go. Concerning the discussion on music, this page has some pretty extensive info concerning copyright:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Public_domain

You should be safe using any music composed before 1900, but as you may have found out already, it can get tricky if you want to use someone else's modern arrangement or recording of an old piece. The original music is public domain, but permission or royalty fees could still be required depending on the license of a particular recording.

Dang you have a lot of characters on that casting call! I'd audition although I don't have much confidence in my ability to do a convincing British accent. If you're having trouble finding your stars, I recommend making an additional posting on the site Behind the Voice Actors too. :)

Smaymay
Regular

#34 Post by Smaymay »

MAJOR UPDATE

Hi guys. Sorry about the radio silence. But we've been working hard on something. And today we can finally release it.

We've posted an open call for voice actors a few months ago. Now that our cast is complete, we'd like to introduce them to you with a small demo!
You can download it here:

https://sakubaka.itch.io/vicboys-voice-demo

We are truly grateful to have gathered such a talented voice cast. They are credited in the description.
Please let us know what you think :)

Smaymay
Regular

Re: Vicboys [GxB] [Period Drama, Comedy] [Commercial]

#35 Post by Smaymay »

UPDATE

It's been a while since we posted something on this thread. We've had some setbacks during development but we're finally back on track and working hard towards a demo release. We've added some new information, graphics and images to this thread. Our character artist decided a while ago to update the character sprites. For those of you who haven't seen the comparison yet:

Hope you can appreciate the make-over. :) We didn't update the character sprites in the voice demo we published some time ago. You will see them in the upcoming gameplay demo.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#36 Post by Zelan »

I like the new sprites! The changes are pretty subtle but they do add up to make higher quality sprites (not to say that the old ones were lacking - I was very impressed with them when I first saw this game)!

Glad to see this is still being worked on. c:

Smaymay
Regular

#37 Post by Smaymay »

Zelan

Thank you for your comment. Glad you like the new sprites too! And we're very grateful that people still look forward to this game. :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#38 Post by AntiquedFae »

How in the world have I not commented on this exquisite genius masterpiece yet?! As someone who's read more than, much more than her fair share of Victorian novels and loves them just as much as I love to (affectionately!) mock their archetypes, this is so, so my thing. So my thing. I am looking really forward to romancing the different guys to see where it leads! I love the gameplay aspects that are promised too; maintaining a relationship and finding a way to make a living as a (respectable) working woman during this era sounds like a lark!

I really wish you guys the best on this, from the deepest part of my classic-loving heart. And if ever by chance you need some proofreading I would love to be of service!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Smaymay
Regular

#39 Post by Smaymay »

AntiquedFae

O my gosh. Thank you for your lovely words :) The Victorian era is my favourite time period so I'm really having a blast working on this game. Happy to hear you look forward to it as well! And how kind of you to offer your proofreading services. We're not looking for a proofreader right now but we'll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks again for your support and have a nice day :D

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#40 Post by AntiquedFae »

Smaymay wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 am O my gosh. Thank you for your lovely words :) The Victorian era is my favourite time period so I'm really having a blast working on this game. Happy to hear you look forward to it as well! And how kind of you to offer your proofreading services. We're not looking for a proofreader right now but we'll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks again for your support and have a nice day :D
I'm glad I could offer some encouragement! And I'm so happy you're having such fun working on this game. :D I hope game dev goes swimmingly!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Smaymay
Regular

#41 Post by Smaymay »

We recently published our demo on Itch.io over the holidays. We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback. If you could leave a comment or answer the questions in this thread that would be great :) Make sure to check out the talented people who contributed to this demo too. They're credited in the description.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Vicboys [GxB] [Period Drama, Comedy] [Commercial] DEMO OUT

#42 Post by philip »

@Smaymay-

Just downloaded the demo to my mac and played through. It's a very attractive story, and I will look forward to more. Great job so far!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Smaymay
Regular

Re: Vicboys [GxB] [Period Drama, Comedy] [Commercial] DEMO OUT

#43 Post by Smaymay »

Philip

Hey hey. Thanks for the compliments and playing our demo :) It's much appreciated. Have a nice day!