The Last December - December's Bucket List [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
ourdecemberdreams
Regular
Projects: The Last December
Tumblr: ourdecemberdreams
Deviantart: ourdecemberdreams
itch: ourdecemberdreams

The Last December - December's Bucket List [Slice of Life]

#1 Post by ourdecemberdreams » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 pm

STORY SUMMARY
The Last December is about an 18 year old girl with lung problems, who doesn’t have much time left to live. Tired of the treatments and medicines that didn’t help save her, she decides to escape the hospital to complete her bucket list with the help of some of her new found friends.

Join them, as they all grow and discover new things in life while helping the girl fulfil her dying wishes, which includes some things like riding a motorbike, watching the sunrise, having her first kiss and visiting the amazing town of Cornucopia!

CHARACTERS

Main Protagonist
December | 18 year old girl who have had lung problems since young and has spent a large part of her life staying in the hospital. Growing up in a strict family, she wasn’t allowed to do anything they deemed bad for her. She was brought up to become afraid to try new things. After finding out she doesn’t have much time left, she decided to, for once, pick up the courage to try the things she wanted to do but was never allowed to do and never dared to do. She sets on a journey to complete her bucket list before leaving the world.

Lead Character
Zayn | A 19 year old boy who broke both his arm in a car accident. Having no sense of personal space, he’s flirty, egoistic, fun and playful. As an aspiring artist, the accident didn’t just break his arm, but his dream as well. Unable to draw anymore, he was going to give up on his life when he meets December and decides to help the dying girl fulfil her bucket list before her time is up.

Lead Character
??? | ? year old boy who finds himself making sacrifices that he regrets. Mysterious and aloof, he’s unwilling to reveal much about himself. He’s street smart and used to going around by himself, but December and Zayn sticked around for much longer than he intended them to and he just can’t seem to shake them off. While unintentionally (or so he say) helping the duo, he learns to start making the right decisions himself.

Side Character
Skylar | December's 24 year old new primary doctor. Kind, smart and mature. A fresh graduate from university who is filled with passion to make the world a better place. He strives to help find a cure for the girl even when she believes that there's no hope left for her condition. He does his best for December, even if it means to go against the hospital rules.

Side Character
Ethan | December's classmate and eye-candy since young. Cute and extremely shy introvert who never dared to speak to December despite having known her for 15 years. He’s musically talented and one of the top students every year. While December help him pick up his courage, he helps her with her dying wishes.

... and more! :D

GAME FEATURES
Genre | Slice of Life, Romance and Slight Bromance
Ratings | For all ages (Teenagers & Young Adults)
Platforms | Mac OS, Windows, Linux
Screen Resolution | 1280 x 720

Free Edition
Free
- Unique Backgrounds x25
- Original Soundtracks x7
- Theme Song with Vocals x2
- One Common Route
- Estimated 50 000 Wordcount

Deluxe Edition
???
- Event CGs x15
- CG Gallery & Music Box
- Renameable Main Character
- Unlockable Secret Scenes
- Romancable Routes x4
- Estimated 250 000 Wordcount!

GAME STATUS
Common Route Story Completion | 40%
Zayn's Route Story Completion | 0%
???'s Route Story Completion | 0%
Skylar's Route Story Completion | 25%
Ethan's Route Story Completion | 0%
Story Editing Completion | 0%

Character Artwork Completion | 40%
Background Artwork Completion | 25%
CGs Artwork Completion | 0%
Soundtracks Completion | 25%
GUI Design Completion | 70%
Programming Completion | 10%

Our official demo is still in the works hehe. But you can try out our mini demo here!
Let us know what you think!

QUESTIONS
Do you think the story is interesting and intriguing?
Who's your favourite character?
What do you think about the character sprites artwork?
How much would you be willing to spend on the deluxe edition?

To contact us, you can just reply to this thread, pm us, or email us at ourdecemberdreams@gmail.com! We'll check everyday :D
You can also follow our updates at Tumblr!
Last edited by ourdecemberdreams on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 am, edited 10 times in total.

Mello-Knight
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: Mello-Knight
Deviantart: twilitprincess

Re: The Last December - December's Bucket List [Slice of Lif

#2 Post by Mello-Knight » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:14 pm

I can tell this is going to be tragic... </3 But that's part of the appeal, at least for me! I'm sure it's going to be a very deep story with lessons on life. You can do great things with this. I'm interested to see what the characters look like, but just going off the descriptions, I would have to say Zayn appeals to me the most! :) I like the contrast between his personality and the sad destruction of his dream. Great start and happy writing!!

ourdecemberdreams
Regular

#3 Post by ourdecemberdreams » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:55 am

Mello-Knight wrote:I can tell this is going to be tragic... </3 But that's part of the appeal, at least for me! I'm sure it's going to be a very deep story with lessons on life. You can do great things with this. I'm interested to see what the characters look like, but just going off the descriptions, I would have to say Zayn appeals to me the most! :) I like the contrast between his personality and the sad destruction of his dream. Great start and happy writing!!
Thank you! We do plan to add in some visuals once we're done with it! :D
Aha yes, Zayn, he's meant to be attractive XD

Thanks for the comments! <3

Zelan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan

#4 Post by Zelan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 pm

I'm gonna quietly cross my fingers for a happy ending where Skylar discovers a cure. I know it's not likely, but...maybe. cx

Looking forward to this! It's not necessarily an original premise but I like the characters.

ourdecemberdreams
Regular

#5 Post by ourdecemberdreams » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

Zelan wrote:I'm gonna quietly cross my fingers for a happy ending where Skylar discovers a cure. I know it's not likely, but...maybe. cx

Looking forward to this! It's not necessarily an original premise but I like the characters.
Hehe *shrugs shrugs*
Thanks for the comment! We're glad you like the characters! :D

ourdecemberdreams
Regular

#6 Post by ourdecemberdreams » Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 am

Updated post!
Added character sprites and questions! :D