[UPDATED DEMO]1st Degree [BxB][Crime/Drama/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Parival
Regular
Projects: 1st Degree
Organization: Parival, LLC
Tumblr: ParivalGames
itch: parival

Re: 1st Degree [BxB] [Mystery/Suspense/Drama] [DEMO]

#151 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #13: Aiden, Casting Call, Patreon

Hey guys! Hope you're having a great weekend! Thought I'd make an update before dying by midterms!

What's Happening:
1) Small Plot Update
2) Patreon
3) Casting Call
4) Aiden Preview
5) Questions

---

1) Plot Update
Just a small update for today! We've finished the demo script and are currently working on the other elements for it! The next update may be focused on expressions rather than another outfit preview. The demo has quite a few needed expressions so I'll be busy working on them! After expressions are finished, we'll return to the regularly scheduled full body previews~

What we're working on now is going back through the common route and editing out all the kinks and what not. After, we'll do the same with Jun's, then start writing Aiden's!

Regarding the demo, it may be a little jarring if you're expecting the same characters from the first demo. Personality wise, the characters are far more solidified and present in the updated script. We wanted to write them how they would appear later in the plot rather than just, for example, cute on the surface with nothing underneath. So, when the new demo is out later this year or early January, please go into it with an open mind!

---

2) Patreon
For those of you who didn't see our last update, our Patreon is now LIVE! We'll be posting CG previews on there and even have some bonus written scenes on there~ (Yes that means naughty ones.) Our first paid post will be at the end of October, meaning you can become a patron any time before to get the rewards. You will not be charged upon joining, only when we make a post for the tiers.

October Patreon Rewards:
$1 - Our thanks
$3 - Rei Cosplay Wallpaper
$8 - Rei and Aiden Cosplay Wallpapers
$13 - Rei, Aiden, and Minami Cosplay Wallpapers
$18 - Rei, Aiden, Minami, and Jun Cosplay Wallpapers + the 500 word scene
$25 - Rei, Aiden, Minami, Jun, and Twins Cosplay Wallpapers + the 1000 word scenes

All of you backers will be getting your wallpapers at the end of the month as well~

Anything we get from the patreon will be going back into the game! The money will help with paying for the CGs and BGs - more money = more art!

Please feel free to check it out by clicking the image below!

3) Casting Call
We're starting a casting call! Unfortunately, the problem with delays is that not everyone will respond when progress is finally showing, so we are having to recast a few characters. If the previous voice actors are still interested though, they're welcome to audition again!

We have 10 roles open: 9 males, 1 female

We're having to recast Aiden, Leo and Griffith, and Mido

We added: Lucas, Dave, Detective Hodgins, Director Shunsuke, random males, and random females

The deadline is November 2nd! Audition if you'd like! The roles are paid~

Please click the link below if you're interested:
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/1 ... -recasting

---

4) Aiden Preview

Time for a little preview of our slightly neglected pup--Aiden! We've got a nice shirtless preview for you today. Oh and yes, this preview has some cute little ears and tail. I really couldn't help myself--Should I take his pants off next time??

oh boi oh boi

---

5) Questions
1) What kind of rewards would you pay for on Patreon?

2) How do you imagine the characters to sound?

3) Will you mute the character's voice if you don't enjoy listening to the VA?

4) Will you take Aiden on a walk for me so I can laze on the couch?
Just make sure he's back in the morning, I can't have him getting lost.

---

Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to respond to the questions section! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com

---

Feel free to join our discord! You can chat with me and the other devs, as well as a bunch of other weirdos~ Previews are also posted earlier on our discord!
https://discord.gg/6T6vVaP

---

Remember, we have a Patreon now! Any money will go towards furthering the game--meaning paying for CGs, BGs, and VAs!
https://www.patreon.com/parival

---

Want to buy merch? Now you can! Here's an easy way to access our merchandise. Please visit red bubble and search for anything that interests you!
https://www.redbubble.com/people/parival?asc=u

Parival
Regular

#152 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #14: Twins, General News, Casting Call, Patreon

Heeello guys~! It's that time again! Got a pretty informative update about the game for you today so I hope you enjoy the read. If not, well, thanks for reading anyway!

Also, I've got a bit more time this semester (since my adviser messed up my classes when I transferred--don't ask) so I may do some smaller weekly updates just with like a few expressions and whatnot to stay connected. We'll see if it works out though!

What's Happening:
1) Game News
2) Casting Call
3) Patreon/Rewards
4) Twins EXPs
5) Questions

1) Game News
Since the last update, I've been doing a looooooooot of thinking about what to do with the voice acting. What I've pretty much decided on is that the full game will be partially voice acted with a focus on important scenes, dates and cute parts, that way those of you who generally skip over the parts in between won't have to sit through the voice lines. However, depending on how well the game does when it's released, we may update it with a fully voiced patch.

Another feature that won't be in the initially released game will be the animal ears and magical boys sprite/CG changes. Unfortunately, the cost is a little too high for the release of the game, so it will be something we patch in after. Like I've said before, CGs weren't in the budget, so all of these extra outfit changes are extra costs and will be coming from the profit of the game rather than spending excess funds that we don't have currently. Now if we can get enough from our patreon, it would definitely be easier to release those outfit changes with the full game, but as of right now, you can expect the additional outfits within a few months after the release.

Last but not least about game news, side stories! We will be working on the side stories after the game is finished. We may hold another Kickstarter specifically for those if we need the funds, the Kickstarter would also help to bring the magical boys and animals ears to those stories as well. We're planning 1 back story for each main character and 1 after-story date for each, so 8 overall. Plus 1 short side story per side character like Mido and Lucas. With a Kickstarter, we could up the amount of after-stories and dates for the main characters~ Obviously more info when the time comes.

Actually--now the last thing: Updated DEMO coming soon! Everything is in-progress and going smoothly! If everything goes as planned, it will be released mid-December or early-January! I'll be updating y'all with a demo release date soon~

2) Casting Call
CCC is going fantastically! We've hit over 100 auditions and are still going! The deadline for auditioning is November 2nd, so make sure you get your lines in if you're interested in trying out for a good boi (or girl cause there's 1 girl role).

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/1 ... -recasting

---

3) Patreon/Rewards
Patreon is going great! With what we have now, it'll really help in paying for the CGs! We're aiming a little higher, so if you are able to and want to help us out, please do so! Anything helps and anything is appreciated!

Coming later this month: Cosplay wallpapers!

The October Rewards for Patreon are as follows:

$1 - Our thanks (A VOICED LINE FROM MINAMI)
$3 - Rei Cosplay Wallpaper
$8 - Rei and Aiden Cosplay Wallpapers
$13 - Rei, Aiden, and Minami Cosplay Wallpapers
$18 - Rei, Aiden, Minami, and Jun Cosplay Wallpapers + 500 word NSFW scene
$25 - Rei, Aiden, Minami, Jun, and Twins Cosplay Wallpapers + 500 word NSFW scene + 2x 1000 word NSFW scenes

The writing for October will be Jun x Rei! The $18 tier and the $25 tier will also be able to participate in polls for what pairing they'd like to read next~

You have up until the 29th of October to become a Patron for this month. A paid post will be made available on the 30th or 31st with the rewards. November rewards will be Demo CG previews!

For those of you who backed the KS for one or more cosplay wallpapers, it will take a bit of time to send them out, but they will be coming to you around the same time we release them on Patreon~

---

4) Twins Expression Preview~
Time for some twin action! As I stated in the previous update, the next few updates will focus on character expressions since these are important to finish for the demo. After the expressions are finished, I'll be returning to the regularly scheduled sprite previews. Oh, not to mention some CG teasers (become a patron to see the full previews)!

Anyway, enjoy the twins! These are just a few expressions that will be in the game.

5) Questions
1) Have you listened to any of the auditions? Any favorites so far?

2) Who would you like to see in a bonus NSFW written scene?

3) Expressions you'd like to see next?

4) Do you have any fan/crack theories about the plot of the game?

---

Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to respond to the questions section! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com

---

Feel free to join our discord! You can chat with me and the other devs, as well as a bunch of other weirdos~ Previews are also posted earlier on our discord!

---

Remember, we have a Patreon now! Any money will go towards furthering the game--meaning paying for CGs, BGs, and VAs!

---

Want to buy merch? Now you can! Here's an easy way to access our merchandise. Please visit red bubble and search for anything that interests you!

Parival
Regular

#153 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #15: Plot Update, Expressions, General News, Small CG Preview

Happy Sunday y'all! I hope you guys had a good Halloween and a good week! I sent out the cosplay wallpapers for you backers and those that purchased the add-on, so I hope you guys enjoyed them! Again, if you did not receive your wallpaper, please email me with your KS username, backer number, and how much you pledged for! A few emails did not go through so it could have been yours!

Let's just get straight into the update!

What's Happening:
1) Plot Update
2) Expressions
3) General News
4) CG

1) Plot Update
Phew! We're pooped! We've been working hard on writing and we're about 80% finished with Aiden's route. (If you don't include the lewd scenes and dates, we'd probably be about 95% but we figure those are better left to be written last.) We are also simultaneously working on Minami's and the Twins' route, though in general, it should take us about another 2 months, maybe 3 to finish the script. Now that doesn't mean the release date will come any sooner. Please remember that all of our partners have their own lives so we can't realistically force them to do like (for example) 10 CGs a week or 10 BGs a week. However, if everything goes as planned, we should be able to get the game out in October of next year. I will be setting a final release date about 1-2 months before hand. We will be trying to get the game on steam as well as itch.

2) Expressions
So honestly, my favorite part about doing sprites is the expressions. Also, the benefit of doing them myself is that I can make as many as I want! So for today, we've got a Jun expression preview aaaaaaand a Minami one! These are just some expressions that will be in the demo and full game.

Let's start with Jun! I personally find him absolutely adorable and his expressions are some of my favorite to make.

And Minami's! His are also super fun to make because I feel like I can get a little more creative with him since his features are slightly more feminine.

Aren't they cute???

3) General News
Demo progress is going smoothly! We just ended our casting call and are currently going through each audition to make sure we can find a voice that we like! It should be just a few more days. In the next update, I'll announce the voice actors for the characters we had to recast.

In other news, if you're interested in watching some of our art streams, make sure you follow us on our twitter or tumblr (both parivalgames)! Our CG artist has been doing a few art streams and you'll get early previews of some of the art! I'm not sure when the next stream will be, but I will be making an announcement whenever it starts.

I will be making an announcement with the Updated demo release date a week or two before we launch it! We will also be trying to get it on steam as well as itch. It looks like we will be waiting until the holidays are over to release it, so look forward to it in early January!

The demo will have around 9 backgrounds and 5-6 unique CGs depending on a choice you make! However, if you count variations, the CGs in the demo will be 12-15! Please go into the demo with a fresh mind, it is completely different from the old one.

4) CG Preview
Unfortunately, I can't show you the full preview as it will be available to our patrons, but enjoy this small part of it! This is the only redone CG in the demo, the rest will be completely new and given as previews to our patrons!

If you can, please support us on Patreon! Anything really helps and if we can make even $200 per month, it would basically cover everything we need.

The higher tiers even get written scenes privy only on our Patreon! This month's theme is Role Reversal and is shaping up to be Rei x Twins.

5) Questions
1) Did you dress up for Halloween? If so, as what?

2) What would you like to see in the new demo?

3) If you purchased all of the wallpapers, which was your favorite?

4) If you only got one wallpaper, did you think the outfit suited the character?

5) Favorite expression so far?

---

---

---

---

Parival
Regular

#154 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #16: Cast, Expressions, Patreon Rewards

Hey y'all! Week early with the update but I hope you guys don't mind! Our casting call ended a little more than a week ago, but we've cast the roles and we'd like to share them with everyone! Not to mention, Aiden update! Yay! And I'll also give you a little preview of the patreon rewards, letting you know what'll be in each tier.

What's Happening:
1) Cast
2) Aiden Update
3) Patreon
4) Poll

1) VA Cast
After debating for a few days, we managed to pick the VAs that we thought would best fit the character. Please make sure to check our their twitter and give them some support! Some of the VAs have stuck around since our first demo, so welcome them back and welcome the new VAs!

Rei: Joey Ghost
Aiden: Peaches&Dream
Jun: Johnny "Lord Psytronix" Castillo
Griffith: Steven "Loki" Wang
Leo: Daniel Acosta
Minami: Evan Lee
Mido: Kiyoge
Osamu: Mako Chipotle

Characters not in the demo:
Dave: Kevin Couto
Director Shunsuke: Phil Song
Hodgins: Kevin Couto
Lucas: Kuyalaw
Extra Males: Spencer Bedlam
Extra Females: Riley Jones

We may hold another casting call in the future as we still have a few characters that we will need a voice for!

2) Aiden Update
Aiden just has a small update today, seeing as it's not the main update, but basically all I did was just give him a little less wrinkles in his clothes and lightened it up a bit. I think it looks a bit more put together. Also enjoy a few expressions!

3) Patreon
So this month for patreon, we'll be showing early previews of the demo! Each tier will get a variation of the CGs in the demo, each outlined per tier as follows.

$1: Our thanks!
$3: Rei CG
$8: Rei CG + Victim CG
$13: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG
$18: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG, Jun x Rei CG, 500 word NSFW written scene
$25: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG, Jun x Rei CG, 500+ word NSFW written scene, 2x 1000+ word NSFW written scenes (building off the 500 word scene)

The theme for this month's writing is Role Reversal and will feature the Twins x Rei! Please note that if you're interested, our patreon is set up as 'pay per post' so you do not get charged when you become our patron, and you get charged the 1st of every month. You can set a limit for how much you want to spend, but we will only be making the one paid post per month either way.

The more we get from Patreon, the more CGs we can have! So, please check it out and become a Patron if you can! Even $1 helps! https://www.patreon.com/parival

4) Poll
I've been debating what form of censor to use for the CGs, so I'd like to get your guys' opinions. We've narrowed it down to full blackout, lens flare, or mosaic. If you have the time, please take 30 seconds to answer the three poll questions about censorship! There is an option for gore, r18+ scenes, and just your opinion about mosaic censors.

https://goo.gl/forms/G9lnFJO4D9VkqRyS2

Thank you!

5) Questions
No questions this week, so feel free to just comment if you'd like!

---

---

---

---

Parival
Regular

#155 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #17: Plot Update, Poll Results, Rei Preview, CG Previews

Hey guys happy Sunday! If you haven't already, make sure you read last weeks update! I know it was a bit off schedule but it was important since we finally cast our VAs!

On that note though, some unfortunate circumstances have opened the role for Osamu, so if you know anyone interested or are interested yourself, please make sure you check out this document for all of the details! http://bit.ly/2QU1pHS

You can also access the casting call as well! https://www.castingcall.club/projects/1 ... cy-casting

Deadline is 11/24 if you're thinking about auditioning!

Anyway, onto the update!

What's happening:
1) General Plot update
2) Poll Results
3) Rei Preview
4) CG Previews

1) Plot Update
The plot is still coming along! We're just about finished with Aiden's route! We have one more ending to write for him which should be finished in a day or two, then onto editing for the common, Jun's, and Aiden's routes. After Aiden's, we'll be working on Minami's~

I think it's coming along pretty well. We've had a few delays along the way but we should still be on schedule to finish the routes in 2-4 months at the most. The script is already about 270k words and a few scenes still need to be written~ So you guys will be in for quite a ride when it's all complete!

2) Poll Results
Last update, I left you guys with a poll to fill out for censorship style. Most of the votes were for mosaic censorship; however, a lot of votes also added that mosaics were still NSFW. In that case, it's a little bit difficult to go ahead and say 'okay here's mosaic censorship!' when not everyone agrees on whether or not it is fully acceptable or not. And I'm not talking about like 5%, I'm talking about around 30%. I think the safest bet, in my opinion, would be the lens flares (tasteful of course) for lewd scenes and blackout/lens flare combination for gore in order to prevent the debate of if it is NSFW or not. I know it's not as aesthetically pleasing as mosaics though, but I think we can agree that it's better to be safe than sorry.

We also received a few optional responses of just putting underwear on the scene to censor it. The only problem is that it requires redrawing and money so it's not really a viable option. And those of who who stated you did not want a censor, uncensored is what the game is automatically set to, so you won't have to worry about turning the censor off. The game will have optional censors for gore and a separate one for r18+ scenes so you can pick and choose if something makes you squeamish or cringe. Just make sure you check your settings before starting the game.

3) Rei Preview
All of the expressions seen in the demo are finally finished! I even finished up a Rei outfit~ I bet you all can guess when it'll be used! All we've got to finish up are the CGs and voice lines then we'll be ready to put everything together! It feels like it's been forever since we started on a new demo, but I definitely think it'll be worth it~ Anyway! Enjoy this Rei preview!

Cute and ominous!

Next update might be the twins~ Feels like forever since I've done an outfit update for them.

4) CG Previews
If you didn't get the chance to read last week's update, these are the rewards for Patreon this month:

$1: Our thanks!
$3: Rei CG
$8: Rei CG + Victim CG
$13: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG
$18: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG, Jun x Rei CG, 500 word NSFW written scene
$25: Rei CG, Victim CG, Aiden x Rei CG, Jun x Rei CG, 500+ word NSFW written scene, 2x 1000+ word NSFW written scenes (building off the 500 word scene)

The written scenes will be a role-reversal featuring the Twins and Rei!

And as a treat, please enjoy two teasers this week! Aiden x Rei and Jun x Rei CGs.

Aiden x Rei (1 variation):

Jun x Rei (1 variation):

~~insert suggestive faces here~~

5) Questions
1) Thoughts on the censorship?

2) Would you go on a date with someone if they were dressed like Rei is?

3) Who's your favorite pairing?

4) What are you most excited about for each route? What are you expecting from each?

---

---

---

---

Parival
Regular

#156 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #18: General Update, Something cute, Twins preview!

Hey there! Happy Sunday as always. Man this year is flying by, it's hard to believe it's already December! I hope y'all are ready for your upcoming finals if you have them! I know I'm not!

We've got a pretty short and sweet update today (I know I always say that and then it turns into like 5 parts, but I promise this week is pretty short comparatively).

What's Happening:
1) General Update/Patreon Rewards
2) Something Cute
3) Twins

1) General Update
Two routes done! Both Jun and Aiden's routes have been completed (aside from a few scenes that need to be put in. We're currently editing the common route but Jun and Aiden's will be edited soon after! As such, we're now getting started on Minami's route in hopes that we can get it finished in about another month and a half. We hope you guys will enjoy all of the routes, but there's a special place in my heart for little memeu. I think his route will really surprise you~

Now about the updated demo, things are coming along pretty swell! We're still trying to get a few lines in but I really think our cast is wonderful and their voices definitely suit the characters in my opinion. Pretty much everything is completed otherwise and just needs to be coded! I'm hoping to set a release date for early January (probably the 11th), but we'll see how it goes and I'll let you guys know a final release date for it in an off-schedule update.

For Patreon, the December rewards will be as follows:

$1: Our Thanks.
$3: Victim CG
$8: Victim CG, Minami x Rei CG
$13: Victim CG, Minami x Rei CG, Twins x Rei CG
$18: Victim CG, Minami x Rei CG, Twins x Rei CG, Surprise Naughty Rei CG~, 500 word NSFW written scene
$25: Victim CG, Minami x Rei CG, Twins x Rei CG, Surprise Naughty Rei CG~, 500 word NSFW written scene, 2x 1000 word NSFW scene

For the writings, it'll be Holiday/Christmas dinner themed~ The $18/$25 tiers are currently voting for the pairings between Aiden x Rei, Minami x Rei, or Aiden x Jun. Right now, it looks like Aiden x Jun are taking the cake~ But! You never know what'll happen in the next few days.

2) Cuuuute~
So this is something we'll be trying to get into the demo, but we're making just a small tutorial to kind of give y'all some insight about the phone and whatnot. It'll just be a few minutes long but hopefully it'll be an informative read! Anyway, there's a few characters you'll see in it to help you out~

Make sure you check out our chibi artist Toxicmilkk~

3) Twins Preview
Man aside from expression previews, it feels like forever since I've had an update about the twins! So, that's what's going on today! You'll get to see these two lovelies on a date~ And yes, they just had to match--in more ways than one. Oh and yeah, it is straightened.

Cuuute~

4) Questions
1) Do you think you'll play the new demo when it's available?

2) What do you expect to be different or similar between the two?

3) What's your dream fall/winter date?

---

---

---

Parival
Regular

#157 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #19: Demo Update News, Minami Preview, CG Teasers~

Happy Sunday! I hope most of yall are done with finals, and if you aren't--good luck! I'm so happy to finally have at least a little bit more time to work on the game while school's out. Should definitely be able to make some pretty good progress!

There won't be another update until after Christmas, so happy holidays! I hope yall will get what you want~ I'll be staying at my apartment for Christmas, so if you all have any questions over the holidays, I'll be here to answer!

What's Happening:
1) Birthdays
2) Demo News
3) Patreon Stuff
4) Minami Preview
5) CG Teasers
6) Fanart

1) Character Birthdays
The other day, I realized we've never publicly released the characters' birthdays, and I was looking at them and then realized I missed Rei's bday and then got sad. But anyway! Here's the character's birthdays! We're only about 10 days late on Rei's but, you know, you just kind of forget about the middle child sometimes.

REI: Dec. 6th
AIDEN: Jan. 13th
JUN: Feb. 14th
TWINS: Aug. 8th
MINAMI: June 21st

Next birthday is Aiden's~ (At least I'll remember this time--hopefully.)

2) Demo News
Everything is in for the demo! We're planning on a release of the updated demo for 1/11; however, it may not be fully coded by then since our coder will be away for the month of January. The demo may be delayed until February if that's the case, but I will let you guys know when we know for sure. If we have any progress on the coding by January, I'll see if I can get you guys a gif or preview.

3) Patreon Stuff
Just a disclaimer, we don't expect you guys to be patrons, but I'll still keep trying to push Patreon because everything we get from it goes straight back into the game. Whether it's $100 a month or $3 a month, all of it goes toward helping me pay for the CGs, BGs, and VAs. Our kickstarter didn't account for the added expense of a CG artist, and at 40-60 (with 1-4 variations each) within the game, it comes out to quite a bit. If we can get up to $200 a month, that would really help us out and would definitely be enough to pay for everything!

I'm thinking about creating another tier (limit to 2 or 3) to allow people to request personalized written scenes every month of 1000-1500 words. For example, if you want Twins x Minami in a Birthday theme, well, you'll get it for w/e price is decided on. Let me know if anyone would be interested!

If you guys have any ideas for what I could add to make the tiers more worth it, please let me know.

4) Minami Outfit Preview
I told you guys Minami's jacket would make a resurgence~ The reason his base outfit changed is because it didn't really fit with the theme of the game, and if it were to be in important scenes, it would be a little off-putting to have this bright outfit in a generally dark scene. So most of his outfits are more tame than his neon-esque jacket, and his jacket is now just a cute date outfit. I think it's a lot more reasonable than having him wear it for the majority of the time. Enjoy this little cutie~

Next week will probably be focused on side characters. There are quite a few sprites that I need to do so I'll be trying to finish some while I'm on vacation.

5) CG Teasers
Alrighty yall, got two CG teasers for you today~ The full previews will be available on Patreon!

The first one is a cute little teaser with Minami x Rei. Hmm hmm hmm wonder what they're up to?

Then secondly, a nice teaser of the Twins x Rei~ Definitely a little tougher for Rei to deal with.

What're yalls theories for what's going on??

6) Fanart
We got some really nice fanart of the twins from @atlastron on Twitter! Please make sure you drop them a follow!

---

7) Questions
1) What're your plans for the holidays?

2) Any thoughts on what we should do for the characters' birthdays?

3) Any ideas for what we could do to improve our Patreon?

4) What do you think is happening in the teasers~?

---

---

---

Parival
Regular

#158 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #20: Side Character Reveal, Patreon, Progress Update

Happy Sunday y'all! I hope you guys had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the new year~ I myself will be going back home for a few days (from the 6th-9th) so I won't be available at that time if you have any questions that should arise! The next update will also be delayed slightly, probably won't post until the Sunday after the 13th, but we'll see how it works out with my schedule and crunch time! If I don't get to chat, good luck with those of you starting school again!

What's Happening:
1) Chit chat
2) Progress Update
3) Patreon
4) Character Reveal

1) Chit Chat
I just want to take a brief minute to talk about mental health. If you are feeling completely drained and don't want to do anything, it's not because you're lazy and don't let anyone try to even tell you that. It's a common phase that people go through, I even went through it for quite a few days over Christmas. Please make sure you take breaks when you need it if you feel like you're too stressed or try to do something different if you feel like you're stuck in a rut. It's very important to put your health first, even if it means delaying progress on something. When I was experiencing this type of thing, I had no motivation to work on anything--not art, writing, none. It's not because I didn't want to or that I was procrastinating, it's because I was overwhelmed and discouraged by no fault of anyone but my own mental health. But don't worry, I'm doing better now and if you're experiencing the same thing, you'll be okay too. It all passes eventually. Just try to surround yourself with people who you know care and people who you know will listen to you. And it's okay to cry it out. You shouldn't be ashamed to cry over something like being discouraged or depressed or unmotivated or whatever else; it's a human thing and it's okay for you to be human.

2) Progress Update
The demo is almost finished so we should be okay for a January 11th release! I'll keep you guys updated though so make sure you follow us on Twitter to get them! Like I said, I won't be available from the 6th to mid-day on the 9th, but I'll do my best to post updates before and after I come back!

Regarding the full game, progress was delayed due to a lot of factors. A lot was happening with me and my co-writer was busy for a while, so progress on the script was delayed for a bit. We'll be back to normal soon and hopefully Minami's route will be finished by the end of January. The Twins' route should then subsequently be finished by March.

In terms of the art, there is still a lot that needs to be done, so even if the script is finished in March-June, it doesn't mean all of the art will be by the time we want to release the game. So it might be delayed even further depending on how schedules line up. I'm not trying to push anyone so the max we can really get done is about 4-5 CGs per month and around 1-3 BGs per month. As it's almost January, it's almost impossible to get everything done by October, but we'll definitely be trying our best. As of now, we're still planning on a late October release, but please just know that we may not be able to release it until later 2019, even so late as January of 2020. We will still be doing our best and working continuously throughout the year, but as I keep saying, this is a MASSIVE game. There are many CGs with many variations, many backgrounds, many sprites, many words, and a lot of time spent on everything. It's all a process, but everything will be finished as soon as we can get it finished. I'm not going to push people that realistically have jobs and school and other obligations, and I feel like a lot of people don't realize that many game devs are just hobbyists. Could we get the game out in Summer if we really wanted to? Yes, but that'd involve around 10 full CGs + variations per month 5+ BGs per month, 4+ sprites per month, etc, etc. So please understand if something is delayed, it's because life is a thing.

3) Patreon
Patreon rewards for January will be as follows~

$1: Thank you!
$3: Aiden Date CG
$8: Aiden Date CG + Victim CG
$13: Aiden Date CG + Victim CG + Minami Date CG
$18: Aiden Date CG + Victim CG + Minami Date CG + Jun Sex Scene CG~ + 500 word NSFW writing
$25: Aiden Date CG + Victim CG + Minami Date CG + Jun Sex Scene CG~ + 500 word NSFW writing + 2x 1000 word NSFW writing + extra writing paid for by anonymous

Please support us if you can! Everything helps and we really appreciate anything we can get.

4) Side Character Reveal
Been forever since we've shown a new character! This guy is a little bit special~ His name is Dave Carelli and he's an old frat buddy of Aiden's from their uni days. Now, he works in law enforcement just like Aiden, but in a different precinct/sector. I wonder how often we'll be seeing him~

Next time, I'll try to get an update out with Aiden (since it's his birthday on the 13th) as well as another side character if I have time.

5) Random
For those of you that don't follow us on Twitter or KS, you're missing out! Please make sure you check out our Rei Christmas gift~

Twitter

Kickstarter Update

---

Anyway though, sorry if this update seemed a bit preachy/rant oriented, I just want to make sure you all understand the situation and understand your own situation as well if you're going through something!!

---

6) Questions
1) Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

2) Any plans for the New Year? What are your resolutions?

3) What do you think Aiden and Dave's relationship was?

4) Thoughts on what I should do for Aiden's birthday? (13th of Jan.)

---

---

---

Remember, we have a Patreon! Any money will go towards furthering the game--meaning paying for CGs, BGs, and VAs!

Parival
Regular

#159 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #21: CG Teasers, BG previews, general update~

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a good week! Today, I'll be covering a few CG teasers and showing off a few backgrounds~ Pretty short one for today while we all get back into the swing of things after the holidays.

Enjoy!

What's Happening:
1) General update
2) BG Previews
3) CG Teasers

1) General Update
Writing is still progressing, obviously a little bit slower since school has started back up. But Minami's route should be finished in just a few weeks! After that, we'll just have the twins to finish up! Once everything is finished and decided on, I'll let you all know just how many CGs, BGs, and words the full game will have. Regarding the demo, it is back to being coded and I'll be able to give you guys another update about it within a week or two at the most. Right now, it is looking like we'll be able to release it in February, once I decide on a reasonable date, I'll let you know!

2) BG Previews
Just like every other aspect of the game, backgrounds are super important and need some love and attention! So, please enjoy these previews! All backgrounds are created by our BG artist, GlassHeart.

This one is a beautiful street design! I wonder what'll happen here?

---

Next up is Rei's apartment! Y'all already know what's inside it, but here's the outside! Rei's apartment is on the second floor~

---

3) CG Teasers
Finally for today, some teasers! The full CGs will be available on our Patreon~ Like I keep saying, Patreon really helps us out!

Anyway, first up is a little tender moment between Rei and Aiden~ Where do you think they are? A date maybe??

---

And then, Rei and Minami! What a slooty little two-timer!

---

No questions for today since the majority of this info had images~

---

---

DISCORD

---

Remember, we have a Patreon! Any money will go towards furthering the game--meaning paying for CGs, BGs, and VAs!

PATREON

Parival
Regular

#160 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #22: DEMO NEWS, CG Teaser, BG Preview~

Happy Sunday y'all!! Let's hope it doesn't end too quickly cause Monday means more school (gross). Today I've got some news on the updated demo and a CG teaser/BG preview for you. No sprite preview this week (again) because my professors are actually the Devil. Hopefully next update I'll be able to have a side character done!

1) Demo News
The updated demo's coding is pretty much complete! Everything is being bug tested and fixed but we should be set for a release on February 8th, maybe the 10th at the latest if we find any other bugs. I'll make a post on our TWITTER when we release and then on here after. I will probably also have a small update on the 10th just as a follow up to make sure y'all know the new demo is out. So, if nothing else happens between now and Friday, we should be good to go! I'll also update y'all if there are any more unexpected delays. Keep a look out for the 8th though! It will most likely be released a little later in the day after I get home from school, so be on the look out around 2-3pm PST on our itch.io.

If you play the demo and find any bugs or typos, please feel free to let us know so we can get it fixed! I'd also like you all to go into the new demo with an open mind. Some of it is the same as the old, but most of the dialogue has changed to portray the characters as they are in the updated story. (There is also quite a bit of fanservice so make sure you enjoy that~)

2) BG Preview

This week's BG preview is a cafe setting at night~ Any idea who you'd take on a date? Better be careful though, some might like the display.

---

3) CG Teaser

Now our Patrons have already gotten to see this little gem, but please enjoy this teaser anyway!

This CG will be available in the full game as one of the naughty scenes between Jun x Rei~ And yes, I said ONE of them. Not to mention, pretty much every one of these scenes will have multiple variations! This one has around 5 on its own.

Any thoughts on the scenario that led up to it?

PLEASE VISIT OUR KS UPDATE TO VIEW BECAUSE LEMMA HATES THIS KIND OF THING.
---

Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com

---

DISCORD

---

PATREON

Parival
Regular

Re: [UPDATED DEMO]1st Degree [BxB][Crime/Drama/Romance]

#161 Post by Parival »

The updated demo is now available!!

If you have any issues downloading the file, please let us know.

If you find any typos or errors, let us know as well so we can get those fixed immediately.

Please go into the demo with an open mind!

Though it is similar to the original--the writing, subjects of the scenes, as well as some of the characters' personalities are different.

Head on over to our itch to download for your respective operating system!

1ST DEGREE - itch.io