[UPDATED DEMO]1st Degree [BxB][Crime/Drama/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

Re: 1st Degree [BxB] [Mystery/Suspense/Drama] [DEMO]

#136 Post by sonnenblumen »

The weekly/bi-weekly updates sound great! Also glad to hear that the plot is coming along nicely in the re-writes. (:

What do you think? Cute? Hot? I have only three words for Rei in this outfit: MARRY ME PLS

Who would you like to see in the next update? Let me know! Would love to see more of the twins, haha. :oops: (I'm not biased whatsoever, nope.) Also, if it's not too spoilerish, I think it'd be fun to read a script preview or two sometime.

Parival
Regular
Projects: 1st Degree
Organization: Parival, LLC
Tumblr: ParivalGames
itch: parival

#137 Post by Parival »

sonnenblumen wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 am The weekly/bi-weekly updates sound great! Also glad to hear that the plot is coming along nicely in the re-writes. (:

What do you think? Cute? Hot? I have only three words for Rei in this outfit: MARRY ME PLS

Who would you like to see in the next update? Let me know! Would love to see more of the twins, haha. :oops: (I'm not biased whatsoever, nope.) Also, if it's not too spoilerish, I think it'd be fun to read a script preview or two sometime.
I'm sure Rei would be happy to hear that he has another marriage proposal~ Also glad to know the twins are getting some love!

As for script previews, it may be something I could do; however, quite a bit may be blurred out to give anonymity to which character is saying what. :wink:

Parival
Regular

#138 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #5: Fanart~!

Hey guys! Just a small update for today! In the Parival Discord server, we've gotten a few fanarts for 1st Degree, so I'd like to share them with those of you who haven't joined the server.

First off though, thank you to everyone who took the time to do any form of fanart! I really love getting art of one of the characters I've created, it keeps me motivated~

(These are in no particular order.)

--

I wonder if Minami is the easiest to draw, cause he's the one who gets the most fanart!

1) Kureon - Minami
Suuper cute Minami art~ He looks so happy! Kureon also did a small animation as well.

-
2) Fang Moonwing - Technically All
Pretty interesting with this one! Definitely fits the killer vibe.

-
3) Mitoky - Minami (And smol bean Minami)
So adorable! I also joked that I wanted Minami as an actual smol bean. Well...Definitely got my wish! Also please make sure to check out mitoky's DA: https://mitoky.deviantart.com/

-
4) Kureon - Aiden
Another fanart from Kureon! Really neat layout for Aiden~ (love me some Aiden art)

-
5) feral.canine - Rei Cosplay
So this one isn't from our discord, but I just can't leave it out! Amazing cosplay of Rei!! I've always wanted someone to cosplay a character of mine, so this is definitely a motivation booster. <3 Make sure to check out and follow feral.canine on insta!: https://www.instagram.com/feral.canine/

--
All fanart is much appreciated!! <3 -- For the next update, I'm still debating on which character to do the update on, let me know if you have any thoughts on who you'd like to see (and even thoughts about what else you'd like to see!) Right now it's looking like either Jun or the twins~

--
If you're interested in joining our discord group, please feel free to do so by clicking the link below!

https://discord.gg/6T6vVaP

Parival
Regular

#139 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #6: Twins!

Hey all, it's Paradise! Sorry for the lateness, I lose track of time when I'm on summer vacation (please help, it's not healthy). Anyway though, I'll most likely just be sticking to bi-weekly updates. That way I can draw one week or write the next. Just really depends how I feel and I'm not gonna push something if I don't like the output! Onto the update~

1) Rewards
There will be a statement in the next update if I have ordered the posters! Then I will make a second very small update to say when they are being shipped (if it's not included in the update after). Wallpapers will unfortunately be delayed for a little while longer since I do have to redesign them. Right now, I need to save up some money for a personal reason, so that takes priority for a little bit. I'll be inter-working the game with that though so bi-weekly updates will still be happening; please don't mention that this is a week late, a witch hit me with a laziness spell. (You can probably tell that I'm not good at keeping to a schedule so just keep a look out every/every other weekend.)

Let's get you guys involved though:
What do you think the main characters would cosplay as or wear for Halloween?

2) Plot
I'm about 1/3 of the way finished with the script before editing, so if I focus for about another month or two, it should be fully finished! I'd love to give a few previews here or there, but I'd like to do it in a comic type of format. Probably just sketches or chibis. If I don't have the time for that, then it'll just be straight script! I'm hoping either way it'll be entertaining. The previews won't be directly related to the plot; they'll most likely just be fun little sections that I enjoyed writing.

3) Twins Update!
I've kind of been toying with the idea of updating the twins' base sprites for awhile, and, well, I did it. They are a little more up to date with my current style, but hopefully you still think their sprites fit in with the rest! I don't think I'll be redesigning the rest of the characters at this point; the twins were an exception!
So one thing I faced with the twins is I didn't really like their poses too much nor their hair color. I thought the color was too bright and the poses a little bit stiff. I tried to make their updated sprites more mischievous and also a bit brooding; obviously still maintaining their university fashion. With their hair, I was stuck between three colors: darker blue, reddish brown, and violet. So since I'm terrible with making decisions, I left it up to our discord server. They voted...(drum roll please)...Violet! Twins are now poiple boys~~ (Yes, this update means their demo CG will be redone as well.) I didn't get the chance to work on their ears and tails, but maybe I'll post a little section with them in the next update with either Jun or Aiden's outfit addition.

And again, these are the BASE SPRITE changes, not an additional outfit update for the twins.

Anyway though, hope you like the Twins 2.0!

My friend posed an interesting question for them:
Does the carpet match the drapes? What do you think?
---

Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to answer the bolded questions in the rewards/Twins preview sections! Also, I love hearing feedback, so any that you have is valuable information! Thanks again!
And as always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com .

---
If you would like to join our discord to participate in game-changing polls - such as the twins hair color - feel free to join! You can chat with me and the other devs, as well as a bunch of other weirdos~ Previews are also posted earlier on our discord!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#140 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I like either version of the twins although you can see more of Leo's face in the new set.
Nice to see this is still coming along.

Parival
Regular

#141 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #7: Aiden!

Hey all~ Time for another update! This will cover Aiden and just a small plot update as well!
1) Plot
So over the past few days, I've brought on-board an editor/co-writer! It's really been a huuuuuuuge help and I'm super happy with the direction the plot is heading now. It's full of emotion and, honestly, very difficult decisions. I would really just love for everyone to welcome Quill with open arms. She's really an amazing addition to the team and is helping to make the plot even better than it already was!
This is good news for you guys, not just for me. The game will basically double in size with each route having between 80k-100k+ words. The game will truly be massive in the hopes that you will be able to experience something that you never have in a visual novel-type game. Each route will be completely different, and good news, FULL of delicious sex scenes! (Yes, CGs for all, no question.) Even if you're not into the game for the blood and gore, you'll definitely find something in it that you like! To top it off, the game is lining up to have 11 endings! To get a true feel of the game, you'll have to play more than one route. We're doing our best to make the game as re-playable as possible so hopefully you'll WANT to play more than one~ Trust me, it's worth it.
---
2) Aiden~!
Okay, let's be real here, how many of you are gonna play Aiden's route first? I'm sure a lot of people are into that 'Daddy' character and personally, I think he fits that bill. Not to mention, who doesn't love something they can put a collar on?
What nickname would you give him if Aiden was your pet? (Not the kind you kick out of the room at night.)

So, what route are you looking forward to the most?

---
3) Rewards Info
Posters have just been ordered today so once they get here, I'll make another update saying when they're shipped!
Otherwise, I know you guys are probably frustrated with the rewards being pushed back over and over again and I apologize for that. I'm doing what I can but since Quill joined the team, we pretty much work for 10+ hours every single day. Rewards are getting pushed back again. I'm not going to set a straight date for when they'll be sent out, but THEY. WILL. BE. DELIVERED. Like I said, cosplay wallpapers are being redone, so that takes time, the other rewards take time, so please, please be patient! They will be coming.
---
Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to answer the bold questions in Aiden's preview section! Also, I love hearing feedback, so any that you have is valuable information! Thanks again!
And as always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com
---
Feel free to join our discord! You can chat with me and the other devs, as well as a bunch of other weirdos~ Previews are also posted earlier on our discord!

Parival
Regular

#142 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #8: Jun + new thing

Paradise here! Hope you're all having a good weekend~ It's time for the bi-weekly update (holy heck I'm so shocked I can actually manage my time enough to put these out). So on this week's menu, we're adding in a new section! It's just something fun if you guys want to interact with us. It's basically an 'ask a question to the characters or devs' type of thing. Enjoy!

1) Ask a Character!

If you're interested in asking the characters anything, feel free to fill out this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/FZybtIrnTrfP2H4t2

Basically, you ask a character a question and myself and my co-writer will answer the questions as if the characters were giving you a response. These are TEXT responses which will be in every update if you guys can keep the responses coming! We'll do between 2-6 responses per update, so if yours isn't chosen, don't worry--there's always the next one! You can also ask the devs a question if you have any unanswered questions! You don't have to fill the entire form out--if you only have one question, that's totally fine!

This week's questions and answers:
TERRY
-For Jun: Can you tell Osamu I love him?
JUN: “Oh sure, I wouldn’t mind telling him. It’ll definitely get him off of me for awhile. Good luck with his baggage!”
-
JUN “Well, I told him. He wasn’t very flattered as he doesn’t know who you are.”
--

SANNA
-For Jun: Rei has been taken by some other guy, you have one last chance to get him back with you. What do you do?
JUN: “Sweetie, you’ve got it all wrong. Rei’s a big boy. He can see other men if he decides to--but he always comes back to me.”

-For the devs: What is the part that annoys you the most of being a dev?
PARA: For me, I hate the pressure that comes with being a developer. It’s always difficult for me to judge what other people want or if people are disappointed, so I try to just do what I can to compensate and make what I think people would like to see. Hopefully people will understand, from my perspective, that the changes I make are not only for my convenience but also for the quality of the game. I’m also soooo freaking hard on myself with art and writing. It’s a struggle. So if I submit something for these updates and for the game in general, try to understand that I do think about what I’m drawing and creating, I don’t just output a random sprite thinking ‘Yeah I did this for no reason.’ I try to explain my thoughts on the changes, but I don’t think it should be ‘required’ of the artist or dev to give an explanation for why they made a change--other than ‘The quality is better’ or ‘This will fit better.’ You may like something one way, but it doesn’t mean it’s the best quality; which is one reason that I redesigned the twins in the first place as well as this week’s Jun update. Make a dev’s life easier! If you don’t like a change, don’t say ‘I like this other version better.’ It’s a little bit intimidating because then the dev has to wonder ‘Should I change it back and waste the energy put into this version?’ It’s not a good place to be, and frankly, I’ve found myself in that position more often than not. I can’t make everyone happy, and I’ve accepted that--so I’m just trying to make the game be the best possible quality with the art, graphics, backgrounds, music, writing, etc. (Even now, I beat myself up about some of the art I’ve put out for the game; so if there are art changes, that’s why!)

QUILL: I like to focus on quality, but it doesn’t come without copious amounts of time and patience. Sometimes you just want your final idea to move from head to screen in a flash. Instead, it’s a lot of very late nights (and early mornings) to create something that absolutely fits your ambition. I love this work and am proud to be a part of this project, so I endeavour to give it my best. Completing this game at the level to which it deserves often just takes a lot more time than I want in getting there.
--

MOONSIK
-For Rei: What is your favorite dish to cook?
REI: “Is this really what you want to know about me? How I spend time on the stove? Is that really so fucking important? But whatever--I guess if you want to know, I actually hate cooking. I’d rather order in. Make no mistake though, I am good at it.”

-For Minami: If you could have a pet other than your bunnies, what would you have and what would you name them?
MINAMI: “Other than bunnies? I’d really love to have anything adorable! Guinea pigs are definitely next on my list! The only thing left is convincing my dad to let me have them… For names, I’d have to decide when I get them! But if they’re black or grey: Salt and Pepper!”
--

KURE
-For Rei: What is your favorite Color ? :'^)
REI “You guys and these mundane questions--Are you trying to waste my time? If you really want to know, red.”
--

DELA
-For Aiden: How did you lose your virginity if you ever had ;)
AIDEN: “There was someone very special to me that I met in high school. We broke it off for awhile before getting back together after university. So you see, when a man and a woman--or another man--love each other very much--”
--
LIA
-For Leo/Griffith: who would tie the other while he sleeps ? :P
[They turn and stare at each other.]
GRIFFITH: “Let’s just say we take turns, but Leo still hasn’t learned to submit.”
[Leo wraps an arm around Griffith’s shoulder.]
LEO: “Maybe not, but I’ve learned to tie up his more delicate parts.”
--
Unanswered questions may still be answered in the next update, so if yours wasn't answered this week, just look forward to the next!

---
2) Ko-fi!
SO, I started 1st Degree a ko-fi:
https://ko-fi.com/parival
If you feel like donating to the game, then please do so! Everything goes towards completing the stretch goals that weren't met during the kickstarter! We may even offer a reward in the future if you buy 5 or more coffees~ The extra funds will also help for additions to the game since it's now almost doubled in size! We're even planning on around 40 backgrounds!
Now it's totally optional, don't feel obligated to donate! If you want to, great! If not, also great!

Make sure you sign in to donate though.
---
3) Jun Update!
Before all of you throw a 'hissy fit' about how Jun is 'T H I C C E R', he's literally just about the same size, just better proportions. He's ultimately my character and I felt like his sprite needed a quality update. It's literally been over a year since his creation--I've learned so much since then and hopefully that shows in his newly redesigned sprite.
Just to clarify as well: HIS PERSONALITY HAS NOT CHANGED. A sprite is only a visual, a personality is written. As I said, I wanted to change his sprite because I hated the quality of it. Yeah you guys seemed to like him, but I just noticed everything wrong with him and wanted to change it. I literally sat down and tried to draw his date outfit with the old sprite, and I just was so discouraged to the point where I was just going to put him off and draw a side character or something. So ultimately, I ended up just saying 'Heck it, I'm making you look nicer--bitch.'
Even if you don't like the new Jun, please AT LEAST try to appreciate the time spent on the art. I spend 10+ hours a day writing so the art has to be done in the mornings before that. I wouldn't redesign a character's sprite if I felt there wasn't a reason to since there is such a little amount of time that I can actually work on the art.
SO without further ado, this week I've readied his base sprite and even a date outfit for him.

JUN BASE SPRITE

Now not only did I manage to get his base sprite in, (as stated previously) I made him a date outfit, fox ears and tail, and even a few expressions.

JUN'S FIRST DATE OUTFIT

Ya'll may be thinking 'PARA YOU'RE SO SELFISH HOW COULD YOU' and I mean, yeah, maybe it's a little bit selfish to redesign a character because I wanted to shoot it and bury it, but if that's what makes the sprite the best quality it can be, then sure, I'm selfish.
Anyway though, if you like him, great! If not, well, there are other routes. Or you know, play for his personality. I like him more now that he's got a Casanova vibe so I'm ultimately happy with my decision to redesign him!

---

4) QUESTIONS
1) Critiques on new Jun? (Always open to comments.)
2) What do you think about the new segment?
3) What would you like to see next week: A new character or another outfit preview for a love interest?
4) Would ya'll be interested in buying simple 1st Degree merchandise like stickers and buttons?

---
Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! Sorry if it seemed like the Jun section has a lot of ranting (I mean, it kind of does but--). If you have the time, please feel free to respond to the questions section! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com
---
Feel free to join our discord! You can chat with me and the other devs, as well as a bunch of other weirdos~ Previews are also posted earlier on our discord!

Parival
Regular

#143 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #9: New Side Character + Update!

Hope ya'll are having a good Saturday! One day early for once, wow~ Early because my mom is visiting tomorrow so gotta make sure I get this posted. Got a pretty big update today so I hope you guys enjoy! Just to preface, school is starting soon! The next update may be a little delayed or smaller than normal, so if that's the case, just know that it's for me to adjust to the new schedule.

First off, let's start with something business wise, you can totally skip over it if you're not interested!

1) Looking for a CHIBI artist
So I really just HATE drawing chibis. They're a waste of time for me even though I think some can be really cute. As such, I'm looking for an artist that would be willing to create some images that we could use commercially for keychains, pillows, shirts, etc.
Requirements:
-18 years or older
-Have a flexible schedule
-Reliable and available on short notice
-Can meet deadlines
-Operate on a fixed price
-Allow the purchased art to be used for commercial purposes including but not limited to merchandise and use in-game
-Cannot resell the images/products once created for Parival, LLC

If you're interested, please send us an email at parivalgames@gmail.com with your portfolio, prices, age, and hours of availability.
Please do not feel discredited if you're not hired!

2) Plot Progress
God dang the plot is coming along fantastically! We're about 90% finished with the common route at this point and are working on the love interest routes. All of the routes tug at my heartstrings, and I'm sure everyone will find something they love and hate about each route. I'm really hoping you'll all be able to enjoy them nonetheless. To get a feel for the full story, I'd recommend playing at least 2-3 of the 4 routes. Some character aspects are only revealed in their specific route, and some revealed in the other routes. You'll have plenty of game time!

Speaking about the game, since a lot of the characters have been updated, when the full game is out, we'll release an updated demo with the new character sprites as well as updated CGs and plot. That way people who play the demo aren't extremely confused when the characters change from the demo to full game.

Another thing about the demo, one of my friends played it and he just so happens to be a smaller youtube channel. I even offered up some of my commentary during the play-through about what will change, what will stay, how things developed, etc. If you're interested in watching, I'll post another update for when the video is out, just in case you would all like to know my perspective about the game and demo and what not!

3) Character Interviews
If you're interested in asking the characters anything, feel free to fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/FZybtIrnTrfP2H4t2 (You can fill out more than one.)

NOT POKE
-SIDE CHARACTER: Who the fuck is Lucas?
PARA: Minami’s younger best friend from high school (who we also ship with Mido).
--
PRAYFORDEATH
-JUN: How heartbroken were you after Rei left?
JUN: “I think heartbroken is the wrong word. More like--heart shattered? There were so many pieces, I didn’t even know where to start. I remember coming back to that empty apartment and not even recognizing it. Without Rei’s things it was just--a box with no personality. But I was determined--determined to make amends. So, I picked up the room and I put all those pieces in a bag and carried them with me. Hoping that one day I would--have some kind of pattern to rebuild it. But yeah--it hurt. It still does.”

AIDEN: “Oh fuck, how melodramatic.”

JUN: “You’ve never been dumped, you mutt!”

AIDEN: “And you’ve never been a widower!”

REI: “‘Kay, you two get your dicks off the pity table and at least try to play nice.”
--
TWINS LOVER
-LEO/GRIFF: What do you two like the most about Rei?
LEO: “Man, that’s such a hard question because I was so attracted to him the moment I saw him on TV. I don’t even know why. I guess it’s just because he’s so beautiful--not to mention sexy. And then to find out he’s fun, open-minded, willing to play around, but also super smart...He’s kind of what I want to be when I’m his age.”
REI “Really? I’m only four years older than you.”

LEO “Shut up, I’ve got a lot of growing up to do!”

GRIFFITH: “He’s a smart, attractive, sexy man who knows what he wants. The thing about Rei is that he’s not that easy to get close to, kind of has a hard shell. Once you get under that, he really is--like Leo said--someone you can have fun with and tease. Plus, we’re interested in the same things. Oh, and I really kind of like that he’s a screamer.”

REI: “Yeah okay, thanks for that.”

JUN: “We all know that, dove. Why bother trying to hide it now?”
--
DJAX
-JUN: Who gave you your first orgasm?
JUN: “Unfortunately, not Rei--but I’d like to think that my orgasms began with him. Your move Djax. Who gave you yours?”

-DEVS: Describe your first kiss.
PARA: Germs shall never prevail.
QUILL: NEVER BEEN KISSED.
--
NOTNIGHT
-AIDEN: Will you be my daddy? Please.
AIDEN: “Why is this a thing? First Rei, now someone I don’t even know.”

From a distance.
JUN “And you’re still four asses short of the record!”

AIDEN “Fuck off, Jun! We’re supposed to stay in character!”
--
DUCKYMOMO
-JUN: What is your favorite memory of you and Rei?
JUN: “Oh--the ramen shop. Now that brings back memories, doesn’t it?”

REI: “Good or bad?”

JUN: “Both, honestly--but mostly good. Anyway, Rei and I had a bit of a cat and mouse thing going--he being the cat of course--and when we got over ourselves, I decided to overdo it a little.”

REI “A little? It was a 12 course meal at $450 a plate!”

JUN “Don’t mind him, he would’ve complained if I hadn’t gone all out for our anniversary. But back to my story, we finished this massively awful dinner that cost a fortune and we were still hungry. Of course, I didn’t want to admit it. My stomach kept growling in the car, so on the way home, we passed this no name hole-in-the-wall noodle shop.”

REI “Best ramen ever by the way.”

JUN “It really was. Spent the next, what--2 hours?--stuffing our face and getting wasted on Sake. Not to mention what happened when we got home. All around excellent night.”

-DEV: Do you plan to release a Beta version of the game where you can pay for early access of the game?
PARA: This was available for some of the Kickstarter tiers. We are not going to open early access beta otherwise unless it it absolutely necessary.
--
THERM
-AIDEN: What's the toughest part of your job?
AIDEN: “In general, the toughest part was getting started. Going through training took a lot of physical and mental endurance. I like the idea of putting away the bad guys--but I don’t care too much for the paperwork. It’s a good thing I can pawn some of it off on my interns.”
--
MOCHII
-LEO/GRIFF: If you have nobody to fuck, will you fuck your brother, Leo
GRIFFITH: “This idea that we sleep with everyone is totally overrated. It’s not like we need a warm body every second of the day.”

LEO: “I do!”

GRIFFITH: “Yes, Leo and I always share a bed--”

LEO: “Sometimes with more than just us--”

Sighs.
GRIFFITH: “But Leo, at least to me, is not my last resort. He’s not someone I turn to just because I can’t find someone else.”

LEO: “Aww, I love you too big b--little bro!”

-DEV (Prayfordeath too): When the official game will be released, where we can buy it?
PARA: If we stay on schedule, the game should be released Summer 2019. It’ll be available on itch.io and then steam later on. We’ll most likely release it for $13-$20 depending on the final word count, #of CGs, and #of BGs.
--
RAI
-AIDEN: What breed of dog is your favorite?
AIDEN: “For me, it’s not about the breed, but it is about the dog--a dog to be specific. His name was Cobalt, a Great Dane. I’m kind of ashamed to admit, but when I was little, he used to let me ride on his back whenever we’d go on a walk.”

-DEV: What do you do to destress yourself?
PARA: When am I not stressed? Between everything, it’s always worry or stress over something. Plus with school starting, that’s another thing on my plate. Not to mention this uni does some stupid thing and adds an extra lecture called a drill that isn’t worth a credit but’s mandatory to attend so that’s great. If anything, I guess the down time between writing and drawing is the only time I have to destress--which is my sleeping and eating time. So yeah--sleeping and eating.

QUILL: To be honest, stress is part of the end game and, without it, I wouldn’t be as creative or productive. It’s like those papers that aren’t due for weeks, but you always put them off until the night before. For me, that’s not just a cliche; that was the norm. And looking back on it, I finally have a reason for the madness: I’m a writing junkie. I love the thrill of deadlines and the responsibility of putting words to paper. Writing IS my stress relief; I never feel more at ease--or more like my true self. My stress is my relief and my relief m stress.
--
CREATE
-REI: What was the biggest lesson you learned from your childhood, or growing up in general?
REI: “Self-reliance is the best reliance. You don’t need to know the details.”

-DEV: Was it difficult finding inspiration for, or coming up with, the love interest characters?
PARA: Not really, it was all a team effort and eventually the characters just grew to what they are now and they continue to grow. I think we’ve created a dynamic array of characters that it’s almost inevitable that they’re drawn to each other in certain ways and whether that’s love or hate or because of it, it makes for interesting pairings.
--
BLUE
-LEO/GRIFF: Who's the alpha twin?
LEO: “Everyone knows it’s me!”

GRIFFITH: “--I’ll just let him have this moment. He does look down on me sometimes.”
--
ERRORCRAB
-JUN: What do you like most about Rei?
JUN: “What do I like most about Rei? Well, I like his expression when my di--”

REI: “Jun! These answers are supposed to be age 16+, not rated 18+.”

Sulking.
JUN: “No one told me that when I came in. Fine--ask me what I don’t like instead.”
--
EMIL
-REI: Would you stab me if I say "please"?
REI: “What’s in it for me? I’m not really into knife play.”
--
A (not so) MYSTERIOUS WALKING CAT
-MINAMI: If you could know the absolute and truthful answer to one question what you ask and why that?
MINAMI: “Hmm--I’d want to know what it means to be happy. If I’m happy with A, B, C, D and E, but not happy with F, does that make me unhappy? Oh, sorry! I’m taking a dual-credit psych course this semester, so it’s kind of stuck in my mind.”

-DEV: How long have you been practicing digital art/what is the most difficult part of drawing digitally/what is your favorite part? (for para) and have you worked on any other vns/how did you come across 1stD (for editor)
PARA: I think it’s been like a year and a half since I started doing specifically regular digital art. I did pixel art before but other than that I stuck to traditional (which I hate now). The most difficult part is being able to figure out what to freaking draw or how I want to draw something. It’s always hard to start a character or an artwork and then get halfway through and decide to scrap it. My favorite thing is being able to create things that I like and learning how to improve skills I already have. I’m gonna try to learn how to digitally paint as well.

QUILL: No, no others VNs, but when it comes to dynamic stories, the basic principles are the same no matter the genre or platform. I’ve written novels, short stories and screenplays, so it’s just a matter of learning the formatting. I, like perhaps most of you reading, happened upon 1st Degree while visiting Kickstarter.
--
UNKNOWN (AKA A MYSTERIOUS WANDERING CAT AGAIN)
-ALL CHARACTERS: What is your kink?
JUN: “Alright, I get to pick who starts the group thera--chat I mean. Let’s see, how about the cute little one with the pink hair.”

MINAMI: “Do you even know my name?”

JUN: “Yes, pink-haired boy. Stop stalling.”

MINAMI: “Rude! Ugh, well, I guess I like the sticky stuff.”

GRIFFITH: “It’s all sticky, what does that even mean?”

LEO: “Details, details, details!”

MINAMI: “Oh you know--like whipped cream and maybe some chocolate.”

LEO: “What!? Inside!?”

JUN: “Eh--been there done that, boring. Next~! You, the detective mutt.”

REI: “Jun, for the last time, his name is Aiden.”

JUN: “And ‘Ai’-don’t care. What’s your kink?”

AIDEN: “Anywhere but the bedroom.”

LEO: “Ooh~ Detective’s got a little secret~”

MINAMI: “Where else could you do it?”

JUN: “Yawn. Not entertaining enough. Next, how about you brats? One or the other, I don’t care.”

[Leo and Griffith lean heads near each other and start to whisper as if working through the oh-so-many choices at their disposal.]

LEO: “Well, I enjoy public places. Let’s see--what’s our count now Griff? 10 rooms?”

GRIFFITH: “Add a zero if you’re counting places not in the uni.”

LEO: “Oh yeah~ Those were fun.”

JUN: “--Borderline interesting.”

GRIFFITH: “I also don’t mind a bit of heavy play.”

LEO: “Yeah and it fucking hurts sometimes!”

JUN: “Well that would be the point. And with that gorgeous answer--you’re next, dove.”

REI: “You already know I’m a sadist.”

Teasing.
JUN: “I do believe you mean masochist sweetheart. After all, I did have to slap you around a few times. And you seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.”

Flustered.
REI: “But that was--!!”

JUN: “Uh-uh--it’s okay to admit it. Your secret’s safe with us.”

LEO: “Not really.”

Arms crossed.
AIDEN: “Alright Mr. Sex God, why don’t you wow us with your kink of wonder since ours are so--’boring’.”

MINAMI: “Yeah! What is it?”

JUN: “Oh, don’t worry, I will. I just had to tease Rei first. Let’s just say I’m up for anything, but my favorite is being a DM.”

MINAMI: “What’s a DM?”

LEO: “You mean like for that game?”

GRIFFITH: “He means a dungeon master. Basically in charge of an orgy.”

JUN: “Just like I’m in charge of this panel. So, who’s taking their clothes off first?”

ALL: “I’m leaving.”

JUN: “No! It’s going to be fun! Come on!”

4) Mido Update!
Okay, so Mido is my freaking son and I think he's adorable. Buuuut, I felt he needed a little upgrade. He's still a quirky little sweetheart, and WOW would you look at that! Doesn't have hands in his pocket. (Seriously, if I can hide a hand, I will.)

I really just wanted to make him fit in with the rest of the 3/4 sprites. To be honest, I wasn't going to redesign him until like--Wednesday night. Originally, this update was going to have two new characters, but like, I totally ship Mido and Lucas, so I thought why not have them in an update together!
Without further ado, this is Mido's new sprite!

5) New Side Character: Lucas
Finally a new character! This is Lucas, he's Minami's best friend and also younger than him (still 18 though). Lucas practices Judo and is the vice president at their high school. Although they don't have much interaction in the main story, in the background, Mido and Lucas are having problems starting their relationship and you may even find Mido asking Rei about relationships at some point in the game! (Don't hecking mess with my ships okay)

Don't you dare hecking mess with my beautiful innocent bois.
Look how pure they are.

6) Questions
1) Thoughts on updated Mido and new Lucas?
2) What would you like to see next week? A new character or more outfits?
3) What kind of merchandise would you like to purchase with Chibi images?
4) Would you be interested in watching the video of me and my friend going through the demo and giving thoughts on it?
5) How do you like the interviews? Are they interesting or do you just skim over the answers?

---
Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to respond to the questions section! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com
---
---
Remember, we have a ko-fi! Any money will go towards furthering the game, buying merchandise, and maybe even going towards an optional narrator if we get enough~
http://ko-fi.com/parival

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#144 Post by sonnenblumen »

Omg, I LOVE Mido’s new sprite! He looks great! Lucas is also super cute, makes me sad they can’t be romanced but at least they can be together haha~

Also, I’m late to commenting on this, but I really like the twins’ updated sprites too. The purple is a lot more pleasing to look at. As for Jun, I’ve always been neutral to him (he’s not my type on first glance though I still want to play his route) but I think the new sprite is a lot better than the original quality-wise! ^^

2. Would love to meet another character! But more outfits are always welcomed, of course.

3. I’m usually not that crazy about chibi merch, but keychains and badges are nice.

4. YES! I love let’s play videos haha.

5. Since there’s a lot, I read the question first and see whether I’m interested in the response or not — BUT I really enjoyed the ones I read, so would love to see them again in future updates!

Parival
Regular

#145 Post by Parival »

sonnenblumen wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am Omg, I LOVE Mido’s new sprite! He looks great! Lucas is also super cute, makes me sad they can’t be romanced but at least they can be together haha~

Also, I’m late to commenting on this, but I really like the twins’ updated sprites too. The purple is a lot more pleasing to look at. As for Jun, I’ve always been neutral to him (he’s not my type on first glance though I still want to play his route) but I think the new sprite is a lot better than the original quality-wise! ^^

2. Would love to meet another character! But more outfits are always welcomed, of course.

3. I’m usually not that crazy about chibi merch, but keychains and badges are nice.

4. YES! I love let’s play videos haha.

5. Since there’s a lot, I read the question first and see whether I’m interested in the response or not — BUT I really enjoyed the ones I read, so would love to see them again in future updates!
Glad to hear you like the sprites!

I'll be making another update whenever the video's out~

The questions are just meant as a fun way for my co-writer and me to take a break, plus you guys get to know the characters a bit more. We usually like to answer questions that reveal something about the character that won't be in the main story.

Parival
Regular

#146 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #10: Chibis + Merch + Dev Demo Commentary~

Hey guys, happy Sunday! Paradise here with a nice little update. First off, let me just say that I'm so done with school and it can go heck off. It's only been a week and I've never felt so exhausted. (aka give me a break for not having a character preview this week)

Anyway though, I hope you'll all still enjoy the update nonetheless! I will say that I didn't have the time to go through the interview questions this week, but feel free to submit any more! We're gonna run out eventually and will be going back through the ones we haven't answered yet in the next update if we don't get many more submissions.

Click the link to submit a question! https://goo.gl/forms/FZybtIrnTrfP2H4t2 You can submit more than one or only one!

On the menu today:
1) Chibi Preview/Merch
2) Dev Commentary Vid
3) Script Preview!?
4) Some random shit (Job Position???)
5) Questions

Enjoy!

1) Chibi Preview/Merch
Y'all know we were looking for a chibi artist in the last update--and good news, I managed to find a few that were adorable. I first want to say thank you to everyone that submitted an application. Even if you were not hired, I really appreciate the time and effort you spent to send us an email or message and especially if we commissioned you for a sample!

One person we commissioned was Meguru-sama, please check out their dA and follow them if you have an account! Thank you so much again for the drawing!

Another person who we commissioned was Kiri (Toxicmilkk), and I have to say, the chibi is absolutely adorable! We'll be using this chibi on merchandise ranging from phone wallets, to t-shirts, to even laptop sleeves and notebooks!

We may do a whole line of the characters interacting with Kii. This obviously means dad jokes like Kii-shirts and Kii-chains.

If you are interested in purchasing any item of the following:
Shirts, Hoodies, Dresses, Skirts, Phone cases, Phone Wallets, iPad/Laptop skins, Laptop sleeves, Wall art, Clocks, Pillows, Mugs, Travel Mugs, Bags/Pouches, Stickers, or Notebooks

Please head over to our Red Bubble: https://www.redbubble.com/people/parival

We'll also be producing keychains and buttons in the future!

If you have any idea for what might look cute on this type of stuff, I'd love to hear.

2) Dev Commentary Video
Before y'all complain that I sound like a child, I'm well aware. (Don't heckin call me smol i s2g I'm looking at you Poke.)

ALSO IGNORE THE INTRO BECAUSE I SOUND LIKE A FREAKING NERD AND I'M SORRY.

But yeah, I hope you all enjoy. It was really fun to make with my friend, Grab Shiny. Please make sure to sub to him, he works really hard on his videos and he's a really great person! Definitely deserves more recognition!

Throughout the video, I tried to answer things to the best of my ability and I tried to explain what was going to happen to the demo (obviously not spoil script changes), but I tried to explain what would change and what would stay. We also talk about the research process and the work that went into the game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll try to answer in a way that makes sense!

3) Script Preview
Just a small sample we thought you guys might enjoy! This features just a short conversation between Aiden and Rei, out of context obviously. It's a simple interaction, and nothing a little more carefree than say, oh I don't know, Rei literally torturing someone.

[The elevator dings as soon as I press the button. Unfortunately, I realize a little too late that I don’t exactly have a ride home. The elevator takes me to the bottom lobby, so I stay in it to once again travel to Aiden’s floor.]

[I swing open his door and walk in, trying to be serious while also hiding my embarrassment.]

Embarrassed/Angry.
REI “Drive me home.”

Chuckling.
AIDEN “Didn’t you just storm out of here because you were angry?”

Embarrassed.
REI “Shut the hell up, I still am. But I need a ride.”

AIDEN “Right. I can take you on my lunch break. Can you wait another hour?”

REI “Whatever, I’ll be at my workspace.”

[I slam the door and run again to the elevator.]

REI [God dammit that was so fucking embarrassing…]

[After reaching my floor, I rush to the break room to buy whatever snacks I feel like, hoarding them around my desk and eating them.]

Blushing.
REI [I really need to learn to trust strangers to drive me places. I could always take the train I guess but it’s so uncomfortable.]

[I spend the next hour waiting for Aiden to come to my office.]

Irritated.
REI [He’s taking his sweet time.]

[A knock on my door startles me--it’s Aiden, finally gracing me with his presence. I stand up and discard the rest of my snacks in the trash bin before walking over to the door, bag in hand.]

AIDEN “Sorry, got a little hung up.”

REI “Sure you did. Hurry and take me home.”

[Passing him, I chuff, hopefully to distract him from my apparent embarrassment.]

Amused/Sarcastic.
AIDEN “Yes, Your Majesty.”

REI “Damn right.”

4) Looking for a CG artist (potentially)
It ain't a lie when I say I'm busy. This semester, I'm at school every weekday from 8am-6:30pm, 10am-6:30pm, etc. When I get home, I have to balance writing and homework and it's a lot of work! I'm a little afraid for the future if this is how my schedule will be next semester as well so I'm thinking about hiring a CG artist. I'm not 100% sure yet, but it would definitely speed up the process for the game's release.

Right now, we're looking at over 40+ CGs so obviously the price will have to be fair for both the artist and myself. That's why it was convenient when I was set on doing CGs since I wasn't going to pay myself for them. But I know my limits. Therefore, if there is an artist who can replicate something similar to my style at a decent price, then I may hire them.

Requirements:
-18 Years or older
-Have a flexible schedule
-Reliable and available on short notice
-Can meet deadlines
-Understand anatomy
-Can take critiques/direction
-Operate on a FIXED price (hidden rates will immediately cause you to be released from service)
-Images must be HD
-Allow the purchased art to be used for commercial purposes including but not limited to merchandise and use in-game
-Cannot resell the images/products once created for Parival, LLC

Needed:
-40-60+ CGs
-Sex Scenes--BxB
-Date Scenes
-Murder/Gore/Killing Scenes
-Etc. (More information throughout)

Preferences:
-Cell/hard shaded (some soft shading acceptable)
-Flowing poses rather than stiff
-Able to draw backgrounds in the CGs
-Able to draw different body types
-Have experience with BxB (r18+ especially)
-Able to draw NSFW

What to Send us:
-Portfolio with your most recent work (must have fully lined and colored samples)
-FULL LIST OF PRICES AND ANY PRICE ADDITIONS
-Hours of availability
-Commission page if you have it
-Any previous commercially released work
-Experience with BxB
-BxB samples
-(OPTIONAL) Sketch of Rei and another character in an r18+ scenario

For payment, we may have to work in batches and some might have to be paid for after the game is released. We did not receive enough from the Kickstarter to offer over $100 for each CG, so if your prices are over that, we can talk and work payment out if the team likes your style.

Again, this position MAY OR MAY NOT be open. If there is a style that I love and think would better the game, then I'd be more than happy to hire someone for that position. It would take a lot of stress off of me and let me work on the sprites and script in my own time instead of trying to push myself. We shall see though! Top priority is quality!

5) Questions
1) How are you guys? What's been going on with you? School starting? How's work?

2) What do you think of the merch/chibi style?

3) Is there anything you'd like to see on merch? Of what characters?

4) Did you watch the video? What're your thoughts on it? (Pls don't tease my voice, I am but a meager nerd.)

5) What did you think of the script preview? Would you like to see more? Of what characters?

6) Thoughts on hiring a separate CG artist?

---

Thanks again for reading and I hope you liked the update! If you have the time, please feel free to respond to the questions section! As always, if you have any questions, please send an email to parivalgames@gmail.com

---

---

Remember, we have a ko-fi! Any money will go towards furthering the game, buying merchandise, and maybe even going towards an optional narrator if we get enough~

---

Want to buy merch? Now you can! Here's an easy way to access our merchandise. Please visit red bubble and search for anything that interests you! Right now, we have a chibi Rei playing with Kii on multiple items~

https://www.redbubble.com/people/parival

Parival
Regular

#147 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #11: Rei outfit preview, Script preview and more!

Happy Sunday y'all! Paradise here with another update! I hope everyone had a great week, I know I didn't because heck now I have two exams this week so that's great. Don't you just love school? Anyway, heck school and work, take some time for yourself and enjoy this update!

What's happening:
1) Plot Update
2) Character Interviews
3) Plot Preview
4) Rei Outfit
5) Merch Update + CG News
6) Questions

1) Plot Update
The plot is coming along, though a little bit slower because of school. Aside from editing, the common route is 100% written. Right now, we're finishing up Jun's route! It's about 85%-90% complete (again without editing). The other routes are coming along as well! It's a little more difficult to get the progress that I want on it because of school, but it's coming along as much as it can with the current situation.

Right now, we're pretty set on being able to release the game in Summer of 2019, hopefully no later than early Fall. We don't have a set release date yet, but as soon as we do, I'll let you all know.

2) Character Interviews
CHERRY
JUN: What costume would you love to see Rei dressed up in? nurse, cat etc.
JUN: “When it comes to Rei dressing up, let’s just say I prefer to see him dressed down as much as possible. I mean really--does he need anything more than a collar?”

---

PAOLATHEGREAT
REI: What aspect of Jun attracted you the most at first?
REI: “I know you’re probably expecting something deep and meaningful, but in reality, I just couldn’t ignore a face like that.”

DEV: How did you come up with the idea to make 1st Degree?
After a bad experience with another company, a few of my friends and I realized we had enough people to make our own visual novel. So that's how we got started. Then came the brainstorming for ideas and everything of that sort. We thought of a school setting, yakuza, then eventually came to the thought of that game 'fuck, marry, kill'. So yeah--1st Degree started off of that concept. However, over time and through a few rewrites, the plot is much more than that and has gotten away from that concept and is now more emotionally based to challenge the player. But you are still playing 'fuck or kill' with actual plot and not just having sex or murdering someone.

---

DUCKYMOMO
REI: What could Jun do to make you consider going out with him again?
REI: “Act like a civilized human being for once.”

JUN: “God, is that what you want from me? I’d rather drop dead.”

REI: “That wouldn’t be hard for most people, Jun.”

JUN: “And how do you define ‘civilized’? I made you breakfast, I fed the cat, we have dinner--absolutely mind blowing sex--what more could you want?”

Flustered.
REI: “Well you could start by keeping our private life just that--private.”

JUN: “I was just giving examples of how I was civilized. I didn’t realize that you were embarrassed by our relationship.”

Sighs.
REI: “You’re impossible.”

JUN: “And you’re impossible to please!”

Under his breath.
AIDEN: “It’s not that hard.”

3) Plot Preview
Enjoy this small plot preview! This week features Rei and the Twins. This time it's the endless debate: Pineapple on pizza--Yes or no?

[What awaits me is beyond anything I imagined. To my left, the bar is stocked with all kinds of liquor, and that doesn’t count the ones literally covering the counter. Bags of snacks are piled on the coffee table and the gaming console is set up and ready to go.]

LEO “We were gonna order pizza before you came but we didn’t know what toppings you liked anyway so we decided to wait ‘til we started drinking! What do you like?”

REI “Just pepperoni.”

LEO “So boring! Extra-pepperoni!”

REI “Sure, extra.”

GRIFFITH “Leo’s going to try to convince you to put pineapple on that.”

REI “No.”

[I point at Leo, trying to be as serious as possible.]

REI “No pineapple.”

LEO “Oh come on! It adds just the right amount of sweetness!”

REI “I don’t want sweet pizza! Who eats that anyway!?”

[Leo raises his hand completely unashamed.]

REI “You will not be ordering the pizza.”

GRIFFITH “I told you.”

REI “What? Are you a pineapple fan?”

GRIFFITH “I like my pizza like I like sex, a lot of everything.”

LEO “That’s strangely accurate.”

[I laugh and shake my head.]

REI “Wait--how are we going to get pizza at this time of day?”

LEO “Oh--Griff knows a guy.”

REI “What kind of--guy?”

GRIFFITH “Someone who owes me a few favors. Plus, you could say he used to be a regular.”

REI “Do you mean what I think you mean?”

LEO “With Griff--it’s always what you think he means. But it’ll be nice to see him again! It’s been awhile since we had the pleasure of his company? What--senior year Griff?”

GRIFFITH “Sounds about right.”

REI “Wait wait wait--we’re ordering pizza, right? Not some kind of--stripper.”

LEO “You want him to strip for you? That’s actually how we met him!”

REI “Okay--I think that conversation’s over.”

LEO “So, what’re we doing? And really, what’s the occasion? I had to pinch myself half a dozen times to believe you were actually coming over.”

REI “I guess you could say I just need a day off.”

LEO “Days off are for staying in bed, not coming over to your students’ place to drink yourself stupid.”

REI “Yeah well, it’s what I’m doing.”

LEO “I’m game! Griff! Get the booze!”

---

4) Rei Outfit
Time for another outfit preview! Let's go back to our roots for a bit with Rei. This week is something a little more--well--seductive. Let's see a few versions of Rei with a boyfriend shirt on and in underwear~ There will be multiple color variations of this look, but please enjoy these three!

Hmm...I wonder whose shirts those are?

A little side note, I'm still debating on whether or not I should have naked sprites. As this is our first project, I'm working out the kinks and still figuring out exactly how I want to do things. I might make the sex scenes with just the headshots and expressions and then having a CG or two per instead of having a sprite that's like--well, crossing his arms when he's supposed to be thrustin' for lack of better phrasing. Let me know your thoughts!

The sprites will still pretty much all have underwear versions though, so that's a plus.

---

5) Merch Update + CG News
New merch will be coming soon! These will actually be featured in the game as well! The merch will be in the form of icons and will also be on our redbubble in the next few days (I will be posting another small update when they are available). Please see our Redbubble link at the bottom of the update!

We are still potentially looking for a CG artist. Please see the following document for the requirements! If you feel like your are qualified or would just like to apply in general, please check it out!

CG Requirements: Google Doc link

---

6) Questions
1) What route are you most looking forward to playing? Do you think you will play more than one route?

2) Are there any questions you think I need to answer that I have not already answered thus far?

3) What did you think of the plot preview? Do you read them, or do you think it's too much of a spoiler?

4) Thoughts on naked sprites? Do you think it's tacky or needed?

5) Whose shirt do you think Rei wears the most often?

---

---

---

---

Want to buy merch? Now you can! Here's an easy way to access our merchandise. Please visit red bubble and search for anything that interests you! New items will be coming soon~
https://www.redbubble.com/people/parival?asc=u

Parival
Regular

#148 Post by Parival »

New merch available on our redbubble! Please make sure to check it out~

50 different products available for each image!

These icons will appear in the game as the icons on the phone.

Parival
Regular

#149 Post by Parival »

Dev Update #12: Minami, Neato News

Happy Sunday! Paradise here with a more text filled than normal update but definitely worth the read! First, some updates from this point on may be delayed by a few days, but I'll still try to keep to the Sunday schedule. School is freaking hectic and heck it, takes too much time!! But yeah, delayed updates would just mean I'd have an exam or something to study for! Anyway, enjoy the update!

What's Happening:
1) Plot News
2) Important Update
3) Minami Outfit Preview
4) Questions

---

1) Plot News
More plot news! Jun's route is practically finished! The only thing left for his to write are the endings and the sex scenes (yes that's right, SCENES). I'll update his final word count when everything is written out, but right now it'll most likely be around 100k. All of the other routes should equate to about the same within a 10k-15k difference. And yes, that's ATOP the common route word count which is around 65k words! So the game is going to be like--fucking massive.

However, don't worry! The final script will be completed in a couple of months and we should still be set to release in late summer of 2019, potentially even earlier if I can find a CG artist! (With school, it's almost impossible for me to do everything with the CGs, so we'll see how that goes. If I do have to do the CGs myself, the game may release a little later than we plan.) The game will still have 40-60 CGs and yes, we'll plan on CG previews. Unfortunately, the full CGs will most likely be available on patreon. Hiring a CG artist was not in the KS funds, so it is an excess cost that has to be accounted for. We'll plan on 4 CGs per month, including 1 NSFW CG. The cost on patreon will be between $3-$18 with 1-4 tiers. I really hate to do this but even if we get like $50 a month, that would help with costs. I wanted to keep the updates 100% free, but any additional income for the game will help with its progress. I'll make another update once CGs are in-progress when I do find an artist.

---

2) Important Update
So the majority of feedback of the demo has been positive, but there are always a few negative reviews and I've made it my business to address those issues. To some people, Rei's sarcasm is just that--sarcasm. However, some people take it as just anger or 'more effect than cause'. Yes, Rei can be brash, but I don't want him painted as just an angry young adult (because let's be honest, millennials already have a bad rap). Another comment has been about Minami's scene. Some felt like it drew out too long and some were just waiting for it to end. I really don't want people to feel like they need to skip through any scene.

Another thing is, so many of the characters sprites have changed and I feel like the demo does not represent the game any longer. For example, there are the purple twins, Jun's updated sprite, Mido's sprite, etc. I don't feel like the demo shows the complete quality of the game at this point.

What I'm changing:
1-How Rei interacts with some characters
2-Minami's scene
3-Sprites in the demo
4-CGs in the demo
5-Demo Script
6-Basically, the demo

Yes, that's right, the demo is getting an update! Not right away of course, but we will definitely be releasing a brand new 1st Degree demo by the end of the year! (I know I said there wouldn't be an updated demo but I literally decided on it like yesterday.)

Unfortunately, not everyone will be pleased, but that's a fact of life. Just know that not every voice will NOT be the same. We will be reopening a casting call in the future to fill in some voices (that includes a few female side characters~). We know it's not expected of voice actors to stick around a project for over a year of not working for them, so I will be in touch with the voice actors to get things rolling to see if any of them are still interested. Looking back, I definitely wish I was a bit more prepared, but hey, can't turn back now. Live and learn. I'll be more prepared for our next game, so I hope you'll be patient as we finish up 1st Degree!

---

3) Minami Outfit Preview
Yay! Minami's getting some attention! Been awhile since he's been in an update~ This week, he's got his cute little school uniform! Now his friend Lucas usually wears the standard gakuran, but Minami definitely prefers the shirt and tie approach. Can't help but be a classic cutie!

Now based on the other sprites, I now feel like Minami's BASE sprite is out of place. The super spunky colors don't really fit the aesthetic of the game, so sorry, it's being scrapped. Minami's new base sprite will be either variations of his school uniform. (I also feel like he looks more innocent.)

Either way, I hope y'all will still adore the little ball of sunshine!

Definitely gonna be feelin' up that waist memeu!

---

4) Questions
1) What do you think makes a route good?

2) Are you looking for more drama and angst, or something more oriented towards JUST porn?

3) Anything you didn't like about the demo? Things you did like? Now's your chance to really break it down!

4) What do you think Minami's favorite position is? huehue

---

Finally, someone in our discord server has been making fucking 1D memes and I love them.

---

---

---

---

Want to buy merch? Now you can! Here's an easy way to access our merchandise. Please visit red bubble and search for anything that interests you!

Parival
Regular

#150 Post by Parival »

PATREON UPDATE!

Our Patreon is here and launched!

Anything will help with the game progress! Unfortunately for us, we did not anticipate the cost of adding on a CG artist in our initial KS, so whatever we get from Patreon will go towards paying him and any other cost~

We will charge per paid post, with only 1 paid post being made per month. (Basically a monthly charge, but you aren't charged as soon as you join and you aren't charged if we miss a month.)

Please view the kickstarter update for more information!
1st Degree Kickstarter Patreon Update