[UPDATED DEMO]1st Degree [BxB][Crime/Drama/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Parival
Regular
Projects: 1st Degree
Organization: Parival, LLC
Tumblr: ParivalGames
itch: parival

Re: 1st Degree [BxB] [Mystery/Suspense/Drama]

#46 Post by Parival »

Character sheets have been updated slightly. They're a little more muted and fit a bit better with our current saturation levels!
--------------------------
Just another reminder, we do have a casting call open for anyone that would like to have a listen to available auditions or to even audition yourself. You must be age 18+ to audition. Currently only male roles are available.
--------------------------
Last edited by Parival on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parival
Regular

#47 Post by Parival »

Update for today is another song preview!

Please enjoy Minami's theme~ It will be 3 minutes long in the game itself, so it's just a little teaser here!

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#48 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Is the plot intriguing to you?
Yes, there's nothing like a good anti-hero. It makes me confident that there will be a great depth of character and the plot seems to have a lot of momentum. Strangely the romance aspect is the last thing on my mind and I've always loved a good BL story. Saying that the BL will be the icing on the cake since the plot looks so promising.
What are you looking forward to from this project?
Seeing how the characters interact. They all seem to have very interesting pre-existing relationships and it'll be great to see how they change and develop as the plot goes on. Also, the fact that the Rei has a very 'active' role in the murder mystery and isn't an ambling MC is great. Excited to see what kind of character he is and whether these murders affect him throughout the story.
What would you expect from this project?
Murder… killing off all the extra strands in this love web in interesting ways.
What characters are you most interested in?
All of them expect Minami, sorry, he looks sweet and he's needed for character balance but just not my cup of tea. It's really hard to choose but for plot sake, I would probably play Aiden's first. He seems to be the most involved with what's going on with the murders and will probably take Rei's underhanded schemes the worst. I have a weakness for twins so will also say I am really interested in them too but then again Jun being Rei's ex has me really curious about that route too. So… nope couldn't do it. Couldn't choose one. You've done a good job having routes that seem to have very different tones and will hopefully show different sides of Rei.
Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science?
I would. Even though I know very little of that field so it'd be nice if it's written in a way that would generally explain what is going on. Usually, this is done by having a character that is just as clueless and the potential audience and someone explaining it to them. I think media is a great way to sneak in tid bits of knowledge.
Do you have any suggestions?
The first three questions in this thread felt like the same question rephrased. Asking the right questions is important in getting helpful feedback. Especially, if you have any anxieties about the reception of certain aspects of the game or you would like more input on ways that will enrich the player experience.
Question: Why are the pets important in this game? I suspect it has something to do with the murders because it seems like a bit of a random inclusion to their character sheets.
Ending note: I hope you get a ton of plays on this. It seems like a very interesting game and I love the slightly older cast and all the beautifully created assets. Never get to see such masculine looking men as often as one should in vns.

Parival
Regular

#49 Post by Parival »

pigionsdeliver wrote: What are you looking forward to from this project?
Seeing how the characters interact. They all seem to have very interesting pre-existing relationships and it'll be great to see how they change and develop as the plot goes on. Also, the fact that the Rei has a very 'active' role in the murder mystery and isn't an ambling MC is great. Excited to see what kind of character he is and whether these murders affect him throughout the story.
We're happy you think so! We wanted to make our MC stand out rather than just stumble through the story. :)
pigionsdeliver wrote: What characters are you most interested in?
All of them expect Minami, sorry, he looks sweet and he's needed for character balance but just not my cup of tea. It's really hard to choose but for plot sake, I would probably play Aiden's first. He seems to be the most involved with what's going on with the murders and will probably take Rei's underhanded schemes the worst. I have a weakness for twins so will also say I am really interested in them too but then again Jun being Rei's ex has me really curious about that route too. So… nope couldn't do it. Couldn't choose one. You've done a good job having routes that seem to have very different tones and will hopefully show different sides of Rei.
Glad that you're so interested in most of the love interests! Of course we expect that not everyone will be interested in the dynamic of Minami, but we're always happy to hear different opinions and who someone's favorite character is.
pigionsdeliver wrote: Do you have any suggestions?
The first three questions in this thread felt like the same question rephrased. Asking the right questions is important in getting helpful feedback. Especially, if you have any anxieties about the reception of certain aspects of the game or you would like more input on ways that will enrich the player experience.
Thank you for your suggestion! We'll do our best to try to rework the opening questions into something more viable. :D
pigionsdeliver wrote: Question: Why are the pets important in this game? I suspect it has something to do with the murders because it seems like a bit of a random inclusion to their character sheets.
The pets were created in order to make a more relatable character. However, the pets will also be used to add different elements to the story.
pigionsdeliver wrote: Ending note: I hope you get a ton of plays on this. It seems like a very interesting game and I love the slightly older cast and all the beautifully created assets. Never get to see such masculine looking men as often as one should in vns.
Thank you! We hope we won't disappoint!
------------------------------
Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Parival
Regular

#50 Post by Parival »

The main post has been updated with music and background previews! We've also updated our questions! Please feel free to answer them~

• Is the plot intriguing to you?
  • What are you looking forward to from this project?
  • Does the GUI example look appealing to you?
  • What characters are you most interested in?
  • Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science?
  • What do you think of the music previews?
  • What kind of digital rewards would you be interested in backing for when this project goes on Kickstarter?
  • Do you have any suggestions?

Parival
Regular

#51 Post by Parival »

Character bio sheets for the side characters have been added!

Also, please welcome our new social media manager, VynzFF! :D

Parival
Regular

#52 Post by Parival »

Update for today is another song preview!

Please enjoy Jun's theme~ It will be 3 minutes long in the game itself, so just a teaser for now! Let us know what you think~

nekobara
Regular

#53 Post by nekobara »

Is the plot intriguing to you?
The main character is a killer. Of course I'm psyched about it. Rei's desire to kill is what excites me most. Well, aside from the delicious romance between men... And the blood. There will be blood, correct? I hope I can take the scarlet juices spurting out of the logo as a sign that there will be. When I look at it-the logo, I mean-I am somehow reminded of a razor blade. I like it. So the plot intrigues me-as does Rei and what's inside his brain-and the logo is lovely. In a blunt and brutal way.🖤

What are you looking forward to from this project?
The killings. The kisses, maybe. Passion of all kinds-passion for murder, love, learning... The secrets hidden beneath the characters' skin in their hearts and craniums... All the burning urges... And as I said before, the blood. (If there is any to be found in the final product. Oh, please, won't you paint my screen the color of rubies immersed in flame-the color of ruthless betrayal?)

Does the GUI example look appealing to you?
It appears to be just as blunt and brutal as the logo. It's simple. Clean. Too clean... It's deadly. Looking at it...I think I would be waiting for blood to spatter across it. And if that were to happen, maybe I might breathe a sigh of relief because then at least the truth would no longer be hiding... (I'm looking at you, Rei. Very lovingly, though. You beautiful little psycho...)

Definitely Kii. Since, you know, she isn't human. Ah, but I am a prejudiced feline. Moving on to the human specimens, you already know I've taken an interest in Rei. As for Aiden...hmm...his tragic backstory certainly interests me, but somehow he just doesn't excite me. That small patch of silver threads on his head, though... Sexy. That's all I have to say.
With Jun...I'm a little more excited. There will be teasing, and...he gets to manage the morgue. All those dead bodies... I'm a bit envious. Tell me, will we get to see any? Are there any CGs of a dead body...or many dead bodies? The answer, I know, is probably no. Jun is also very sexy, though. Much sexier than Aiden, actually. And you say he keeps a lot of secrets, as well? Mmm.
Oh, Minami... The sunshine-y sweetie pie who owns pet bunnies, is studying to help and treat fuzzy beings, and is just FREAKING cute as all get out. He's adorable, and his bunnies- We'll get to see them, won't we? If not dead bodies, give me live bunnies!
Griffith is afraid of being hot, huh? Does he fear himself? When he looks in the mirror, does he scream? :lol: Anyway, he seems a bit less interesting than his twin. Though I can see he likes secrets. So do I. Maybe we could've gotten along if he existed in reality.
Leo is- Should I even speak? Well, there's just something about him-some things maybe-like his hair, that almost infuriating expression on his face-infuriating to the other characters maybe, certainly not to me :P -how untamed he seems. But that better be faux fur on the collar of his coat. Otherwise, I surrender to the guy who gets to hang around all those dead bodies. I shall then name Jun king.

Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science?
Incorporate the science, please. With the glossary, maybe I'll learn something. Man, I wish Rei could tutor me... I also wish I could magically transform into a handsome gentleman during those sessions... One Rei would find appealing. *sigh* Such a nice dream.

What do you think of the music previews?
I think they're very nice indeed. My ears say "Yay!" :D

I'm afraid I couldn't answer the last two. I'm, ah, broke, and have no suggestions to make. But I'll be looking forward to the release of this game! I'll certainly play the demo when it comes out.

Aha... I feel like I said too much...and all the talk of blood was creepy, wasn't it? Bad, bad, neko. Anyhow, good luck! 🍀
*meow*

Parival
Regular

#54 Post by Parival »

nekobara wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm There will be blood, correct? When I look at it-the logo, I mean-I am somehow reminded of a razor blade. I like it. In a blunt and brutal way.🖤
-Of course! There will be a gore censor option however for those who are squeamish. We do want both the gore option and the clean version available though since people have different tastes.
Does the GUI example look appealing to you?
It's simple. Clean. Too clean... It's deadly. Looking at it...I think I would be waiting for blood to spatter across it. (I'm looking at you, Rei. Very lovingly, though. You beautiful little psycho...)
-That might be a fun thing to experiment with! We're also glad you're so interested in Rei~
Definitely Kii.
-Obviously the most important and queenly character. :lol:
As for Aiden...hmm...his tragic backstory certainly interests me, but somehow he just doesn't excite me. That small patch of silver threads on his head, though... Sexy. That's all I have to say.
-Understandable, but glad he's still sexy~
With Jun...All those dead bodies...Tell me, will we get to see any? Are there any CGs of a dead body...or many dead bodies? Jun is also very sexy, though. Much sexier than Aiden, actually.
-There will be a background of the morgue/CG in the full game; however, the demo will not feature it.
Oh, Minami... He's adorable, and his bunnies- We'll get to see them, won't we? If not dead bodies, give me live bunnies!
-Of course! The bunnies may even be in the demo~
Griffith is afraid of being hot, huh? Does he fear himself? Anyway, he seems a bit less interesting than his twin.
-Each of the twins has his own personality, it just takes some coaxing to get it out of Griffith! But, we can assure you that he definitely isn't just a stick in the mud. :lol:
Leo is-Well, there's just something about him-some things maybe-like his hair, that almost infuriating expression on his face-infuriating to the other characters maybe, certainly not to me :P -how untamed he seems. But that better be faux fur on the collar of his coat. Otherwise, I surrender to the guy who gets to hang around all those dead bodies. I shall then name Jun king.
-Leo is definitely the wild child, but he just needs a little calming down from his brother. And yes, that is faux fur!
-Glad to see Jun getting some love! Aiden and Jun are our artist's personal favorites since she likes old men their stories!
Man, I wish Rei could tutor me... I also wish I could magically transform into a handsome gentleman during those sessions... One Rei would find appealing. *sigh* Such a nice dream.
-Don't we all wish for such a good looking tutor?
I'm afraid I couldn't answer the last two. I'm, ah, broke, and have no suggestions to make. But I'll be looking forward to the release of this game! I'll certainly play the demo when it comes out.
-That is certainly fine! We were just hoping for any sort of feedback that we could use to make this a successful game!
Aha... I feel like I said too much...and all the talk of blood was creepy, wasn't it? Bad, bad, neko. Anyhow, good luck! 🍀
-Thank you very much for your support and comment! We enjoyed reading your thoughts about the characters and, of course, about your obsession with blood!

Parival
Regular

#55 Post by Parival »

Another music preview for today~

Please enjoy this short excerpt from Rei's theme!

Parival
Regular

#56 Post by Parival »

The last character theme preview! Sadly, the side characters do not have themes, but it may be possible later on!

Please enjoy this short preview of Leo and Griffith's character theme!

Parival
Regular

#57 Post by Parival »

We've finally updated our banners to better match our current graphics! Please let us know what you think! :D

Also! Just as a reminder, our casting call is still up so please have a listen to the auditions if you'd like, or even audition yourself!

Parival
Regular

#58 Post by Parival »

Another music preview! Today we're sharing The Doctor's theme. Again, this is just a preview, so expect a longer version in the game! :D

Just a small update!

DEMO Progress
Sprites: 98%
CGs: 20%
BGs: 100%
Writing: 100%
Music: 100%
GUI/Interface: 70%
Coding: 0%
Voice Lines: 0%

As you can see, we're fairly close to releasing a demo! Almost all of the artwork has been finished, our artist just needs to finish up the CGs! All backgrounds for the demo have been finished and the GUI is in the works.

You can also guess from the progress list, that the demo will be fully voice acted! We're currently hosting a casting call if you're interested in hearing some of the auditions.

Once we have all of the voice lines in, we'll be able to start the coding and then release the demo as soon as possible!

It will be available on our itch.io page. So please look forward to it! We'll also see about having the game on steam in the future~

Parival
Regular

#59 Post by Parival »

Another music preview! We've got The Autopsy theme for you~. This is just a short preview, so expect a longer version in the game! :D

Small update! CGs are being worked on, expect some small previews in just a short while!

DEMO Progress
Sprites: 98%
CGs: 25%
BGs: 100%
Writing: 100%
Music: 100%
GUI/Interface: 75%
Coding: 0%
Voice Lines: 0%

Parival
Regular

#60 Post by Parival »

Small 'preview' of one of our recurring CGs!
It's not so much a preview as it is a "guess what's to come" teaser. :wink: