Fallstreak: Canvas of Socotrine [Fantasy/Adventure][Pathos]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Centicerise

Fallstreak: Canvas of Socotrine [Fantasy/Adventure][Pathos]

#1 Post by Centicerise »

Synopsis
Fallstreak: Canvas of Socotrine takes place in the fictional land of Socotrine, a place whose borders are surrounded by an unnavigable wall of mist.

Fallstreak follows after Adelise Cotard, a young girl that enters a timeless ‘golden world’ when she falls asleep.

How are her dreams related to the Fire of Collapse, a mysterious disaster ten years ago in which prismatic fire fell from the sky, and how does it connect with her ultimate goal: escape from the closed world of Socotrine?

Characters
Adelise Cotard: The young protagonist of Fallstreak.

She has a habit of excessively teasing other people which has led to her friends calling her a little troll.
Cecil Cotard: Adelise’s father and only living family.

Seated in Socotrine’s highest position of power, he personally leads a small contingent of elite soldiers known as the Lost Children.
Noleta Rue: A peculiar girl that started living on the Cotard’s property with her older brother Bresal around one year ago.

She is extremely gullible and believes everything Adelise tells her.
Lerona: An orphan that acts as the group’s unreliable moral compass.

She is a capable textile artisan that helps support her home with her earnings.
Callia Lirit: A plucky young girl who lost her arms early in her life during the Fire of Collapse.

She acts as Tristyn’s voice when he is unable to express himself.
Tristyn Lirit: Callia’s silly twin brother, who was rendered mute at a young age in the Fire of Collapse.

He acts as Callia’s hands when she is unable to reach out.
Erwina: The stoic teaching assistant of the class Adelise attends.

Has a fiercely competitive relationship with her father, the class teacher.
Belisaria Faeroe: Socotrine’s royal chemist.

She enjoys narrating stories to the children, a habit from when she was childhood friends with Cecil and Autune, the Lirit twins’ father.

Information:

Fallstreak is currently a solo developer project in which I am responsible for all the writing, music, art and implementation.

My driving motivation is my passion for storytelling as well as my love for my characters and their universe.

As such I am heavily leaning towards making my first entry in this series free to maximize exposure and visibility.

I will likely be interested in forming a team to push the limits in subsequent entries, but I intend on finishing my first release which is around 50,000-60,000 words long on my own. I plan on finishing this summer.

My main inquires would be how to optimize distribution and promotion keeping in mind that I plan on it being free.

Also you can follow my twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/quanguyen410

4/27/2017 Update

Here is a sample of some of the OST that I composed for Fallstreak:

In regards to the content of Fallstreak, I do have some qualms over whether to designate Fallstreak as a fantasy or dark fantasy visual novel.

While there are a fair amount of lighthearted scenes, at its core Fallstreak is very much a heavy story that explores human beings that have been pushed to the depths of despair.

Some core themes of Fallstreak are:
  • • Interplay between illusion and reality.
  • • The concept of imposing one’s ideal reality upon the world and the ensuing struggle to change the world to conform to that vision.
  • • The broken human psyche and the maladaptive behavior people develop in response to the scars of heavy trauma.
  • • Omniscience and Determinism. The state of existence of a fictional character and the ‘script’ they are irrevocably bound to.
Demo 4/29/2017

A demo of Fallstreak containing the final build of the first half (around 30,000 words):

https://mega.nz/#!0bpgHYqJ!JvwURczksZZZ ... FievE56UNw

Centicerise

Re: Fallstreak: Canvas of Socotrine [Fantasy/Adventure][Path

#2 Post by Centicerise »

OP has been updated with an extensive demo that essentially contains all my work up until now.