Rating: 16+ (crude humour, sexuality, blood...)
Quick Note: After Mysterious Friend and I made Winter Lover, we wanted to challenge ourselves again and make a new game in a short amount of time (though longer than 48 hours lmfao). We wanted to make a thread for it since we're releasing a demo VERY SOON
You're just a regular boring person; you work at a bank, you're looking for a roommate to help cut costs, you eat burritos for lunch. When you get some odd responses to your roommate listing though, your life changes forever. Starting with the fact that you're actually a weapon of mass destruction.
- 4 romance options
- 5+ endings
- It's just a fun ol' game about having fun
- retro theme, chiptune music and old school GBA game vibe
- It'll be done soon, before summer ends...hopefully :')
NOTE ABOUT THE GAME MECHANICS:
There is a part of the game were your character checks their email to see responses for their roommate posting. To make it easier on the writing and planning of the game, which ever email you respond to is the path/ending you set your character down! So if Eliza emails you, and you respond, you'll be on Eliza's path. There are no bad endings (unless you die but we're not counting that as an actual ending lmao), but your choices do have an effect. They create a variance in the story. But this also means you're free to choose whatever dialogue/choice options you want! We want people to have fun with the game and not worry about if they've chosen the "right" option or not. There are "bad" endings in the sense that you end up with no one but they exist for humorous effect and are actual fleshed out endings. -We will add more to this/make a proper post about the mechanics closer to release! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us
- Smudgeed: writer, creator, shitty coder, crying into abyss
- Mysterious Friend: artist, editor, prays to the lettuce gods everyday that she might one day be able to pixel art properly
1. What are your thoughts so far? Would you like to know more about anything?
2. Is there anything you'd like to see in this game (as the creator of the game, I have a lot of fun tossing in other people's ideas in some way lol)?
3. When it comes to older GBA-era games, is there anything in particular you like about them that you think we might be able to bring to the game (or we will try to, at least)?
4. What do you think about endings/routes that unlock as you beat the game? Is this something you'd rather we opt out of?
5. This is a game that we'd like people to replay through a couple of times, are there any factors that you think make you more likely to replay through a game to test different options and explore other endings?
6. We know that our character information is a little lacking (read: practically non-existent) but is there any character that you like so far (or is there any character you want to hear more about)?
Once we release the demo, we'll have more questions for demo-players but please let us know any comments or concerns or questions you might have Have a great day!!