Ordinary Weapon [GxG] [Comedy, Sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mysterious Friend
Completed: Winter Lover
itch: smud

Re: Ordinary Weapon [GxG] [Comedy, Sci-fi]

#16 Post by Mysterious Friend »

Alright, shadow beard it is then! Thank you for the feedback, I got some from others on different platforms all everyone seemed to like him with some facial hair more.

@Sonomi thank you! I'm glad you think the pixel art is cute, it's thE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE

@Nuxill haha if you get neck pains though I will personally buy you one of those neck pillow brace things

I was right when I said I wouldn't have much to show from now on. Today I spent my time finishing side sprites. Tomorrow I set out to finish Amelie's and Eliza's sprites and all the art for the demo will be done! Unfortunately Leah isn't in the demo but it lets me be lazy haha

Smud is writing and putting everything together so here's a little gif to show a scene and how we're using some pixel art! neither of us can draw backgrounds either so...well...you know....askdaklsjd
I also gifed one of my favourite little scenes so far
I guess we didn't really share a lot about anyone personality but a little fact about corine is that she's a real health nut :D

hope you all have wonderful days!!! <3

EDIT: and a question to anyone that wonders by: do you have a favourite classical music piece? Smud got the idea to remix classical pieces into 8-bit versions for some of our music because the old dead men can't come after us for copyright since the compositions are usually public domain. I already asked for Carmen Fantasy to be included so we'll try to put it anything that gets requested!

Mysterious Friend

#17 Post by Mysterious Friend »

Amelie's sprite is done! There were many spoilers with her attire, so I had to sneak censor some and not include the others. I guess it took longer than I thought because she has so many outfits...look at all those outfits. Well, she /is/ the most fashionable of them all so it makes sense...I also couldn't stop drawing outfits for her :lol: For the same reason, Eliza should take a while too. She doesn't have as many outfits but she does have two separate poses (with holding and without holding her precious tablet-computer) that is going to be a pain to color for all her outfits

see you all next update 8) have a wonderful day!

cometgears

#18 Post by cometgears »

1. What are your thoughts so far? Would you like to know more about anything?
Sci-fi and the hint about secretly being a weapon of mass destruction is intriguing. I like the art, and the music remix idea also sounds neat. And I like that you're making it so there aren't "right" options.

4. What do you think about endings/routes that unlock as you beat the game? Is this something you'd rather we opt out of?
I guess I don't mind locked endings if it's because of something like plot-related reasons, but otherwise it can feel like plodding through the first endings just to get to the "good" ones.

5. This is a game that we'd like people to replay through a couple of times, are there any factors that you think make you more likely to replay through a game to test different options and explore other endings?
I'm usually pretty completionist, so it's relatively easy to get me to replay. Hmm, but things that make replays stand out to me:
- more character development from getting different perspectives
- choices that make a big difference in the story
- or just liking multiple different romanceable characters and wanting to see the routes for each one

6. We know that our character information is a little lacking (read: practically non-existent) but is there any character that you like so far (or is there any character you want to hear more about)?
Kind of curious what kind of personality the "just an ordinary person" MC has. From the brief descriptions, I think I would like the "money-loving hacker" or Amelie?

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#19 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

You shouldn't even worry about your art not being pixely. I love what I see. It's definitely very unique and different from the norm. Be proud! I look forward to seeing more about this game.

Mysterious Friend

#20 Post by Mysterious Friend »

@cometgears

I sent your reply to the writer and we're talking it over. All unlockable endings will be that way due to story reasons. We're talking over things we can do for the game moving forward---for now, we really need to get that beta out lol. And the MC's personality is that of a very gentle, caring person. We really wanted the MC to be the normal one out of the bunch, so she has a personality that you might see in the people around you...if that makes sense lol.

@kistnerelizabeth

Thank you so much for saying so :) I've been so worried about the pixel art! It is something I love about older GBA games and I'll still try my best at it but it's great to hear that people still love the art the way it is.

And sorry for no update! we took the rest of May off because both of our birthdays are then, and the rest is really my fault. The first draft of the demo is done, so now we just need to stick it in the game, test it and edit--and the beta will be released! To make up for my shame here's a preview of the one and only CG that'll be in the game (unless I make more)!

Next update I'll post Eliza's sprite :) hope you all have a great day!