Corruption/Divide [Fantasy] [Mythology] [BXG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
XRyuutax
Projects: Corruption/Divide

Corruption/Divide [Fantasy] [Mythology] [BXG]

#1 Post by XRyuutax »

[BxG] - [Nakige] - [15+] - [Fantasy] - [Mythology]
Backgrounds - Luna Chai / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=31878
Wmag / http://wmag.deviantart.com/gallery/

Character Designs - TheLordBaeron / http://doomdojo.com
Sysen / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=40293

Sprites - Sysen / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=40293

CG - Sysen / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=40293

Author - xRyuutax
TheLordBaeron
Travis Holter / http://friendlygm.com/trials-and-bad-guys

Writers - xRyuutax
Jesse Chen / Jescmo / https://soundcloud.com/jescmo1 / viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42701

Music - David Fesliyan / Feslyian Studios / http://www.fesliyanstudios.com / https://www.youtube.com/user/FesliyanStudios

Logo - Potouto / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37313

GUI - Potouto / viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37313

Programmer -
Story - 75%
Writing - 15%
GUI - 100%
Soundtrack - 25%
Sprites - 15%
Backgrounds - 5%
CG - 5%
Programming - 0%

Image Image ImageImageImage

1. What about this game would make you want to play it and why?
2. Which character interests you the most?
3. What do you think of the art style?
4. Does the setting and theme appeal to you?
5. Would you support this game on Kickstarter?
6. Do you have any questions or comments for us?
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out this Visual Novel! It's our first project and we want to deliver a quality and memorable experience.
More Coming Soon! So check back often for new updates!
Last edited by XRyuutax on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

txqina
Regular

Re: Corruption/Divide [Fantasy] [Mythology] [BXG] [Teen 15+]

#2 Post by txqina »

- Apart from the setting of course, all the characters are significantly older than for high school romance. I would be interested to see how that additional life experience is reflected in the story.
- In terms of love interests, seeing what they look like is significant for me in terms of who I would try (or try first). There is a sprite available for only one of the love interests so far, she looks nice.
- Backgrounds remind me of watercolours, they are pleasant enough. The sprites seem attractive.
- Not especially, but a good story or memorable characters could overcome that.
- I have very limited money, so no. Sorry.
- The font used in the character cards on this page is very difficult to read, due to the unusual shape of the a, c, e and s characters. I hope you are not using it in-game.

Good luck with the game!

XRyuutax

#3 Post by XRyuutax »

Thank you very much for the feedback. More sprites are in the works, so please check back soon! I understand that the visual appearance of the characters is important for choices, and I hope you like the designs of the rest as they come along. Their exact age isn't set in stone, but I did want them to be a bit older as they have their own families. So being in the mid to late 20s can still be a realistic aspect still be appealing to younger readers. As for the font, I did notice that after I posted these and I am working on changing it to be easier to read. Font will not be used in game.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#4 Post by minyan »

I like Norse mythology, so that drew me in! The art is also beautiful, and the '9 realms to explore' caught my eye. Also, I love any game where choices affect how it ends.

I can't really pick a favorite character yet, as just from their descriptions no one really jumped out at me. Maybe Kiriko? I was a little confused as to how Makino could be passive and shy but also be 'demanding' of her husbands attention, and 'thrive' around friends. Maybe I'm just overthinking it and you meant in the company of strangers xD Seeing Takiji cares 'deeply about people on an emotional level' doesn't tell me much about him, it seems like a generalization? Those are just nit picks though.

It's lovely, although the backgrounds don't seem very Asgard-ish? You don't see much in that picture at the top of them all together, but just at a glance I thought it took place in modern day. The GUI is gorgeous, though the buttons on the start screen being dark against a dark background make them a little hard to read.

Yes!

Yes!

None thus far aside from what I already said! Looking forward to seeing this progress.
ImageImage

XRyuutax

#5 Post by XRyuutax »

I apologize for the late response. Between life, work, and this project, I little time for anything else. This project is still in its very early stages, so the bulk of the artwork will be completed at a later date, hence nothing resembling Norse mythology at this time.

I am taking great care to ensure the artwork is appealing, and appreciate any feedback to make improvements.

I can see what you mean in regards to some of the characters descriptions, and they do need some obvious tweaks. So thank you for pointing that out.

Progress is bit slow going ATM, but still moving forward. I should have some new sprites available for view pleasure very soon. And potentially extra, so stay tuned!!

XRyuutax

#6 Post by XRyuutax »

Update!! Added a few new character sprites to the summary, as well as some alternate versions of the main cast and adjusted text on many of the character summaries for ease of reading.

XRyuutax

#7 Post by XRyuutax »

*UPDATE* New Character: Rae Larson

XRyuutax

#8 Post by XRyuutax »

**UPDATE** Finally finished sprite for Makino. When I get a few extra minutes, I will mod the bio posted above with her sprite as well. But for the moment, here she is. Wife of Takiji.