Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Here are some new screenshots of the game:
Official 0.0.3a changelog is avalaible here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3FP7 ... XhPa2lCOTQ
http://www.indiedb.com/games/general-pr ... ha-release
Enjoy the game and thank you for playing it.
Previous saved games are not compatible with this release, not even those from 0.0.4c, that's because of the changes introduced in both examinations and the Codex.
I'm sorry for any trouble this might mean to you.
You still can play the game without restarting it, but you'll get some errors you need to ignore along the way.
I'm working on a way to make you skip the previously played content, but for now it's not implemented.
* Corrected some bugs
* Fixed a problem when examining Rita's breasts. The examination won't proceed automatically to the abdomen.
* Starting with the 4th examination the "3 questions/exams" limit has been removed. You may now perform as many exams as you like. Beware though that making unnecessary examinations will lower your final evaluation.
* Added a summary of choices made in Family Time story arc. The summary will play after the event is completed.
* Revamped all choices with a new system based on "switches". This system will pave the way to achievements in later updates.
* Waiting Room has been changed, I wanted something that looked like a small clinic and not a big city one. You can still improve the clinic in future updates to get back the big one.
* Added some dialogues in Erika's introduction to the Clinic
* A new calendar animation is available. This substitutes the text string "It's Monday, May 1st, what should I do?"
* A new achievement system has been added! New achievements will be implemented as updates are available
* Added 158 new images (343 total)
* You can now earn charme by going to the gym (+5) or to the pool (+3)
- These stats are still a mere placeholder and don't have any usefulness yet
* Added new dialogue options at the end of Trip to Seattle's storyline. The new dialogue will introduce players to Hospital Exam's game mode
* Added medical instruments to perform advanced examinations. The instruments' catalogue and buying options will be available in future updates. For now the game will act as you own them for free.
* Added new introductions to every examination released until now
* New examination available: Monique
- Monique is a flirtable character in story mode
- Monique exam will start after May 14th and after Anne's
* New examination available: Karen
- Karen's exam will start after May 20th and after Monique's
* New examination available: Robyn
- Robyn's exam will start after May 25th and after Karen's
* New hospital exam available: Nolan
- In Hospital exams you'll have not only to examine patients, but also to use instruments over them. When the stethoscope isn't enough you could need a portable EKG machine, needles or even a scalpel!
Choose your actions wisely because in hospital examinations the patient's lives are at stake!
- Working at the hospital will grant you a bonus of 500$ for each well-performed exam but if things get rough you could be investigated by both the Medical Board and the police! For Nolan bad consequences will be implemented in
* Added height and weight check in Rita's exam
* New storyline: "Trip to Seattle"
- Depending on player's choices on the storyline a new sex scene could be accessible
- TTS will automatically start while playing the game and choosing daily activities. TTS is scheduled to begin on June 8th (in-game calendar) and then go on on June 12th.
- Vanilla mode is still not completely implemented. Vanilla mode is the same as "Story Mode" without sexual interactions of any kind.
- Stats/Money gain and loss is functioning, however stats are still not used in events nor situations
- The game will end on June 30th to prevent players to go further. Full version of the game will cover an additional 11 months and there will be at least two more events in May.
In development (available before final update on July 31st!):
* Added sound effects (breathing / heart) to all examinations
You can find release 0.0.6 - "Ice Dream" here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/general-practitioner
This is the biggest update ever released for this game, I hope you'll enjoy it. To start Rita's story arc you just need to start a new game, complete her examination and then explore city until you find the ice-cream shop.
I won't detail the following steps because I also need to know if all gameplay interactions are smooth as well, so if you find any trouble please let me know.
For the first time the game will be available for Mac, Linux and Android devices!
To install the Android APK you need to unlock "installation from unknown sources" in your device's settings.
Please note that since every Android device is different I can't help you with issues regarding your phone and you might need to refer to your local service provider.
As usual please read the changelog and avoid to report what's already in "Known issues" part. Thank you very much!
Some screenshots ahead:
You can now follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/BruniMultimedia) and of course at www.brunimultimedia.com
Be safe and healthy!
Here you will be able to discover more about Erika, whose dialogue options have been revisited throughout the entire game!
You can also invite your sister/cousin at the Festival, along with her niece. With her you can go to the beach, eat a drooling hotdog, visit the mall and buy an icecream at Miranda's Icecream Shop (yeah, the one where Rita works, with interactions that will change depending on your relationship with her).
You can always skip to the update right before the festival start. Of course Erika won't be the only dateable character in the update, since her friend Vanessa and even Vanessa's boyfriend Aaron seem to be very interested in the doctor (yeah, this will unlock male/male romances, but only if you want them to be available).
You will also experience a new hospital exam: Kamil's. This exam will test your skills in the game and its outcome will surely surprise you. Let me know if you liked it, I'm very interested in knowing that. Serena's exam was released last week with 007b.
Helena's exam is the last Clinic Exam released with this update!
Discover new locations and places to hang out with your loved ones and use the new interface to get informations about stats and skills with a single click.
Please read the changelog as it contains many useful infos about the update and how to start events!
Some users report an issue with the calendar in this release, as sometimes it makes the player repeat a day before proceeding further. This has been definitely fixed with 008 "Daily Chooser".
You can find the download links on https://www.brunimultimedia.com/downloads.html
or on Indiedb: http://www.indiedb.com/games/general-pr ... /downloads .
The game is available for PC, Mac, Linux and Android devices.
You can also find the game on Indiedb and itch.io! So you have plenty of choices on where to download it!
Hyperlinks in the codex allow you to easily navigate between medical topics. Please note that the Codex is being rewritten so right now just a few topics are available.
New Personal Online Shopping items. Some will have an use right now, while others will be important in future updates!
New Exam Mode selection screen will allow you to easily navigate between examinations and choose which you want to play next, without the need to perform them in sequence.
New exam available: Julie
New exam available: Jaden
New exam available: Amanda
New story arc: Three's a crowd will have you know more about Vanessa and Aaron, the two characters introduced in Joy Festival. You can pursue a romantic relationship with both of them, even at the same time!
New "Study" Minigame
Many new Codex Entries!
- Ren'Py Creator
- Posts: 15152
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
- Completed: Moonlight Walks
- Projects: Ren'Py
- IRC Nick: renpytom
- Github: renpytom
- itch: renpytom
- Location: Kings Park, NY
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom
Nice. I completely see your point. Can you delete the older ones? I'm going to post something different from now on, since I noticed the same lack of interest you mentioned.PyTom wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pmThis is getting very close to the point where I'm going to start deleting posts due to them being story-free. If you're going to update, talk about what's changed in the terms of the game's story - we don't need multiple updates about point releases that aren't interesting enough to cause any discussion on LSF.
Big news ahead since I reached an agreement with awesome graphic designer Laura "sasquatchii" Henderson to draw User Interface and screens for the game!
In case you never heard of her take a look at her online portfolio: https://laurahenderson.design
You can also have a look at some sketches she made for games and other projects by following her Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sasquatchiix
I'm very excited about this since it will surely bring fresh air and a beautiful, exclusive look at the whole project!
The new UI will be introduced in the game over the next updates, so expect some changes in between releases as I try to fit both the old one and the new one, until the old one will be completely re-done. Please also be patient with any bugs that may arise, this is a work in progress after all
This comes after the OST I just released both in the game and for 10$ patrons yesterday, and it shows a hint of what I'm going to do with this project and the ones that will come!
Expect some big news in the coming months too! So keep following me if you like!
How will they work?
Each time you go to the gym in game you earn 1 to 5 fitness points. Fitness is a new stat in the game and will be quite useful for your success in late-game difficult examinations, and also to meet certain objectives.
Also, when going to the gym there will be a 35% chance to meet one out of five new characters who attend the gym. You can either increase or decrease that chance by buying certain items in the item shop.
Depending on the character they will be interested in something in particular, while giving you the chance to earn something else.
Let's take Daniel for example. Whenever you find him at the gym he will talk to you about charme and fashion. He will pose you a "challenge" randomly chosen from 5 different difficulty levels. It's up to you to learn by trial and error if you're ready to challenge him.
If your charme is high enough you will be rewarded with "fame" for your clinic. The number of points earned will vary depending on the difficulty of the challenge itself. If it is not your own charme will decrease by 5 points. It's always up to you to accept or decline the "challenge".
The characters you can meet are the following ones. Others may be added to the game in future updates:
Koola is interested in Fitness -> increases Money
Stephen is interested in Sexperience -> increases Charme
Daniel is interested in Charme -> increases Fame
Penny is interested in Knowledge -> increases Integrity
Elsa is interested in Fame -> increases Knowledge
If you bet the fifth and most difficult challenge you will unlock a special event with each character. This though will be included in a future update.
What do you think about this new gameplay mechanic?