A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously [BxB] [Dating Sim] New Demo!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
arcadeparty
Completed: Tomai, Cupid Date
Projects: AWOO!, Love and Formaldehyde
itch: arcadeparty

A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously [BxB] [Dating Sim] New Demo!

#1 Post by arcadeparty »

INFO
A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously is a commercial BxB dating sim where you play as Eddie Andrada, a 28-year-old tech support employee whose quest for a serious boyfriend to settle down with sends him tumbling head over heels into a local werewolf infestation. In a town filled with witches, werewolves, and weird shut-ins, will Eddie be able to make things work with the man of his daydreams, or will his attempt at a lasting relationship fail yet again for all-too-human reasons?

DEMO
The PG-13 demo is available now, with about two hours of demo-only content that aims to introduce you (and Eddie!) to nearly everyone in the cast through nine rapid-fire rounds of speed friending. There are 81 unique conversations available in the demo, as well as five bonus scenes unlockable after you see your first nine rounds through to the end!

ROMANCE ROUTES
(Left to Right: Bomb, Cornelius, Davis, Louis, and Marco)

Bomb (REDACTED) has the emotional stability of a high school boy chugging Monster Energy drinks and the humor of an old man who won't leave Twitch chat. He doesn't like change and doesn't respond well to people in his personal space.

Cornelius Reid is a maybe-probably-actually-magic genius with a photographic memory and enough generalized anxiety for six upset Pomeranians. If he's not good at something, he'll keep trying until he can make it work.

Davis Oseni's pride and joy is his endless collection of comic, anime, and game merch, but his taste in friends and figurines are both equally questionable. He's easy to befriend, but difficult to actually get close to.

Louis Kelly-Flanagan loves art, gardening, and dreaming about the unrealistic alternate reality where he can get more than three hours of peaceful sleep a night. After losing his wife nine years ago, he's finally ready to start dating again.

Marco D'Esposito wouldn't describe himself as a dependable best friend or a person who can't let go of an unrequited crush, but he's never left Eddie's side. No matter how old he gets, he still has a hard time being brave.

TEAM
Script/Code: ArcadeParty
Art/GUI: DarkChibiShadow
Music: Nat Wesley

STATS
AWOO will be out in Spring 2018 and will be roughly five hours per dateable character, for 25+ hours of possible playtime. It’ll be released in two versions simultaneously — a PG-13 one and an R-18 one, each with unique CGs for specific scenes! The bundle of both copies will be available together for $5.00 at the same Itch.io page you can currently download the demo from. The finished product of A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously should contain more than 70 CGs and 250,000+ words!

QUESTIONS
- When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?
- Are there any characters you especially liked a lot and want to see more of? Who, and why?
- Did you get the bonus content? If so, what did you think? (Don’t forget spoiler tags here!)
- Are you more interested in playing this game as PG-13 or R-18? (Curious about the numbers!)
- I've never made a thread like this before; any suggestions or help with improving this post?
- Anything else you want to share your thoughts or comments about here that I forgot?
Last edited by arcadeparty on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

Re: A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously [BxB] [Paranormal Roma

#2 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

Working on this game has been such a joy so far and I can't wait to continue working on and developing the world~! Yay!

I know the full game with be even bigger and better than this, so here's hoping everyone enjoys this and looks forward to the full release!
Cheers! <3

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

I don't have time to play the demo right now but I figured I could answer your other questions. c:

- Are you more interested in playing this game as PG-13 or R-18? (Curious about the numbers!)
I prefer PG-13. c:

- I've never made a thread like this before; any suggestions or help with improving this post?
It's pretty good as it is now; my one suggestion would be to post the sprites (if you can) of the characters along with the short blurbs about them. People here like to see who they're gonna be romancing. (Obviously, we can see two people there in that screenshot, but we don't know for sure who they are or if they're even romanceable characters.)

- Anything else you want to share your thoughts or comments about here that I forgot?
I've seen DarkChibiShadow's art before and I like it. ^_^ That's what initially caught my eye here. The plot/characters also hold my interest.
(Also, I really like how the game's acronym is AWOO. Was that intentional?)

arcadeparty

#4 Post by arcadeparty »

DarkChibiShadow wrote:Working on this game has been such a joy so far and I can't wait to continue working on and developing the world~! Yay!
Working alongside you has also been super awesome! Thanks so much for all your help making this what it is! ❤
Zelan wrote:It's pretty good as it is now; my one suggestion would be to post the sprites (if you can) of the characters along with the short blurbs about them. People here like to see who they're gonna be romancing. (Obviously, we can see two people there in that screenshot, but we don't know for sure who they are or if they're even romanceable characters.)
Oh, that's a great point, thanks for the suggestion! I made the thread on not a whole lot of sleep, so I knew there was something suuuuper basic but useful that I was completely forgetting. I'll make sure to add something like that in the next few days when I can make a decent-looking mockup, thanks so much for the reminder!
Zelan wrote:(Also, I really like how the game's acronym is AWOO. Was that intentional?)
Haha, it was! I wanted a title that'd be fun to type over and over.

CosmicFan

#5 Post by CosmicFan »

1 - When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?

It suffered no crashes for me. I played the PC version on Windows 7.

2 - Are there any characters you especially liked a lot and want to see more of? Who, and why?

Yes. Bomb. He's cute and a bit of a troll.

3 - Did you get the bonus content? If so, what did you think?
Werewolves, eh? Sure, I can rock with it.
4 - Are you more interested in playing this game as PG-13 or R-18?

Definitely R-18.

5 - I've never made a thread like this before; any suggestions or help with improving this post?

Maybe put a [Demo Inside] or something like that on the title of the thread to indicate that you have a working Demo.

6 - Anything else you want to share your thoughts or comments about here that I forgot?

I really liked the demo. I found it so effortlessly charming. I also love that the Demo isn't actually a chunk of the game that you've made playable, but is instead another small story just for the player to get to know the characters. In a way it's the video game version of an album sampler.
Last edited by CosmicFan on Sat May 20, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leezhaias1

#6 Post by leezhaias1 »

When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?
I used the Mac-version and everything worked perfectly.

Are there any characters you especially liked a lot and want to see more of? Who, and why?
I enjoyed Gladys guiding you through the game
and breaking the 4th wall most of the time (is it a spoiler though?)
Now from the guys I liked Davis the most.
I like his nerdy side. And he and Eddie get along so well :3
And if possible, I'd like to see more of the Bartender! Do I have to give a reason? hehe

Did you get the bonus content? If so, what did you think? (Don’t forget spoiler tags here!)
Yeah, I got to the bonus -
I didn't really read the description of the game so after I got to the end I was like - yeah, now the title makes sense :D Now I'm really looking forward to the final version!
Are you more interested in playing this game as PG-13 or R-18? (Curious about the numbers!)
R-18!

I've never made a thread like this before; any suggestions or help with improving this post?
Like CosmicFan said, "Demo" in the title would be good.

Anything else you want to share your thoughts or comments about here that I forgot?
Nicely designed demo. I had fun while getting to know all the characters. The bonus scenes in the end were a lovely way to give a preview

arcadeparty

Re: A Werewolf Opportunity, Obviously [BxB] [Dating Sim] Dem

#7 Post by arcadeparty »

I can't believe I forgot to add "demo" to the title... Whoops! It's done now, thanks to you both for the reminder and your feedback in general!
CosmicFan wrote:I really liked the demo. I found it so effortlessly charming. I also love that the Demo isn't actually a chunk of the game that you've made playable, but is instead another small story just for the player to get to know the characters. In a way it's the video game version of an album sampler.
Honestly, I'm super glad to hear that the format worked for you and you enjoyed playing through it! I personally also love when demos for games (or samplers for albums!) are their own unique experiences, so that's something I wanted to incorporate into AWOO. And hopefully into any of my future projects that'd be suited for demos!
leezhaias1 wrote:And if possible, I'd like to see more of the Bartender! Do I have to give a reason? hehe
Some Guy has actually been surprisingly popular! (I say "surprisingly", but I also think he's great, haha.) He's present in the actual dating sim itself, definitely, but doesn't get his own proper route in it or anything like that — I want to do something with him in another project later on, though!

westwardstations
Tumblr: ask-tamatoa-with-axes-for-claws

#8 Post by westwardstations »

First off, I really enjoyed the game! The art was really nice, I loved the starry aesthetic for the text boxes (and Gladys and Cornelius) and I thought the characters seemed fun. Next, for the questions...

- When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?
The demo ran just fine for me! No problems with crashing, although the double-clicking often made navigation of menus a little difficult--I'd have to double click to move to the next few options, but that would also skip past the next page of options. Maybe that's just a me problem, though.

- Are there any characters you especially liked a lot and want to see more of? Who, and why?
My favorite characters were Cornelius (he's very cute, and I like characters who are really enthusiastic about the occult/the paranormal), Gladys (I have a soft spot for characters who tend to break the fourth wall), and Louis (what can I say. scruffy dad is 100% my type, i'm with Eddie on that one).

- Did you get the bonus content? If so, what did you think? (Don’t forget spoiler tags here!)
I got the bonus content!
I thought the conversations in the bar were all quite sweet, and really made me interested in playing the full game, whenever it comes out. Plus, "Look, Ma! No top surgery scars!" is a great line, and Marco is just soooo fluffy.
I'd be fine with it being PG-13, but I'm a little more interested in an R-18 option.

The post seems fine to me! Unless you want to add in more character sprites.

The bonus scenes were a really nice way to give a preview of the game, and the nature of the demo works really well at giving us a primer on the characters. I'm looking forward to it!

- Eris
Regular

#9 Post by - Eris »

When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?
I didn't had problems, the game never crashed.
Oh and I played the PC version (Win7)

Are there any characters you especially liked a lot and want to see more of? Who, and why?
Some Guy, definetly, and I think his name should be 'Some HOT Guy' lol My reason why is... he's hot, no but seriously, I wanted to talk with him and I think Eddie deserves to go on at least one date with him.
As for the guys, I must say Bomb stole my heart with his shyness ♥ He was really cute when he found out Eddie worked at the place where they have the cat logo (it was a logo, right? I kinda frogot D:) and he got really excited, it was so cute ♥
I also liked Davis, he seems pretty chill and he was easy to talk to, and good looking of course hahaha.
Cornelius and Louis are two names that I absolutely LOVE and you choose the right style for both of them, I really liked their personalities too. In other words, yes I like them a lot too!
Marco seems fun too but for now I'll keep him in the friendzone (so mean lol), but think that might change once the full game is released hahahah
Gladys might be the best aunt ever, I really enjoyed talking with her and especially the moments when she talked to me instead of Eddie, you don't see that a lot in games (or at least I haven't, not much) and I really like it. She's super pretty, I love her outfit and her hat and I hope we'll see her alot during the game and get to talk to her as the player again ^^

Did you get the bonus content? If so, what did you think? (Don’t forget spoiler tags here!)
Of course I did!
I liked it a lot, their werewolf versions were so cute, especially Bomb and no, I'm not being biased... well... maybe a little... xD Davis version was really cool too, I love it.
And all the cute things they told Eddie, hinting at how their routes are gonna be like and how happy they are that he'll be choosing them ♥ And I knew Bomb was going to play hard to get, when I saw him I thought 'Okay here's a really cute challenge'
Are you more interested in playing this game as PG-13 or R-18? (Curious about the numbers!)
I just read what it was about and downloaded the demo right away, I didn't even read about the other characters so I played the game withouth knowing that is going to have a R-18 version, but now that I know I'm interested in playing the R-18 version hahahahah

I've never made a thread like this before; any suggestions or help with improving this post?
Hmmm I've never made one before too hahahah, but maybe you could add some sprites of the other boys? Although I liked knowing only Eddie and Marco and get to see how the other guys looked like once I started playing ^^

Anything else you want to share your thoughts or comments about here that I forgot?
I really like your idea for this game, the art is really pretty, I like the desing of all the characters, congrats to DarkChibiShadow! ^^
I'm really excited to keep playing this but for now I'll just wait patiently till next year, maybe I'll play the demo again, I really enjoyed it hahahhaa Oh and I like the idea of the rounds and having different convesations depending on wich round you talked to X character, that's not going to be avaliable in the game, right? Since you said the demo has only demo content, but it was great, really ^^
Hmmm I'm sure I had more things to say but I already forgot them, still I think I managed to remember and say most of it.
Keep up the good work, I'm already looking forward to the date of the full release! ^^
Btw is that Bomb in your avatar using the kitten shirt?! ♥_♥ Oh and I just remembered another thing, calling it 'AWOO' was AWESOME! xD

arcadeparty

#10 Post by arcadeparty »

westwardstations wrote:I'd have to double click to move to the next few options, but that would also skip past the next page of options. Maybe that's just a me problem, though.
Huh, that's a new one! I'll have to look into whatever causes that, but I haven't heard anything similar from anyone else... Thanks for letting me know it happened to you so I can be aware it's a possibility!
And that Davis line you mentioned is one of my favorites so far, to be honest. I'm so glad someone else enjoyed it!
- Eris wrote:Gladys might be the best aunt ever, I really enjoyed talking with her and especially the moments when she talked to me instead of Eddie, you don't see that a lot in games (or at least I haven't, not much) and I really like it. She's super pretty, I love her outfit and her hat and I hope we'll see her alot during the game and get to talk to her as the player again ^^
The overall love for Gladys (like the love for Some Guy) has made me super delighted; she's definitely a big part of Cornelius's route, given that he lives above and works at her pawn shop, so Eddie's going to be seeing plenty of her! The jury's still out on if you get to talk to her, though. :wink: And yes, that's Bomb wearing a T-shirt Eddie got him from work, dabbing with joy.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#11 Post by potouto »

I haven't gotten a chance to play the demo yet due to the busy schedule but I must comment because the game just looks so pretty!

Earlier I saw DCS reblogged the tumblr post (or posted? It was a while ago, I don't remember correctly) and the style immediately caught my attention. I love the UI and the art style so much <3 I love supernatural theme as well so it's definitely a great thing!

Wish you guys best luck with the game, I'll try to check the demo out as soon as I'm able <3

yeah well | commission | website

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by gekiganwing »

I like the cartoonish art. It also helps that the characters have detailed hair and outfits.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#13 Post by Ertal77 »

-When you played, could the demo run all up through to the bonus scenes, or did it crash?

Everything worked fine! No bugs.

Apart from the bartender? :) I liked a lot the three love interests who the MC didn't know beforehand. Each one was cute in their own style.

Cute, and exciting! Now I wouldn't know who to choose, honestly :)

... I usually prefer a R-18 game, provided is not an eroge (not really my thing). But this one promises a good plot and awesome characters, so I'm happy. I would play it with any rating.
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Gryphbear
Regular

#14 Post by Gryphbear »

1) Excellent game. I loved the art style, and the expressions.
2) I feel like that the 'speed friending' thing should have a few repetitions, (like having 6-9 rounds) so we can at least get one character's three stars. But since this is the demo, I will have to wait and see how the full game executes this.
3) For the 'bonus' content,
it feels like you should let the player 'return' to Gladys in the form of 'let me try to sleep again', so you can repeat things without having to restart the game again.
Onto your questions.

No crashes whatsoever. It seemed to play flawlessly, although I did have to save the game 'just before' the first 'round' so I could keep playing it without going all the way to the beginning.

To be frank, I'm not entirely sure. I did really like Louis and Marco's personalities so far here. I would probably have to play more content to tell you. This demo is far too short, haha.

Yes, I managed to see the bonus content.
I liked seeing the different 'guys' that Eddie talked to - in different skins, so to speak. They were kinda cute. Especially Louis, haha. It seemed like they were giving him a foreshadowing of what is to come, but he acts like it's just 'another werewolf dream', which sorta cheapens things, I think. It does also depend on if we have this part in the full game or not. It does work for a 'teaser', I should say, though.
Both. I enjoyed the story itself the most, and R-18 could work for me as well, since I like seeing things ;) haha.

I've never made a thread talking about a game, so I couldn't help you there, but perhaps profile images of each character with basic info like "Age 28, if nothing else". Like the other one said about finding out who's who when you're actually IN game, rather than prior knowledge in the game posting, it can be fun to find out this information while you're playing.

Nah. Just looking forward to seeing the full game eventually :) Keep it up!
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

LuckyCats
Regular

#15 Post by LuckyCats »

no crashing or bugs at all played on PC windows 8.1

Eddie
He's a cutie I enjoy seeing all his reactions to the other chara he seems good natured and sweet X3

Bomb
He's such a deadpan snarker type outwardly but at the same time his fanboying over the kitty mascot is lethally adorable and his blushing is just (。>‿<。 )
plus I'm a gamer too so I'm most interested in his route.

Louis
His scruffy awkward cuteness is compelling
(^///^)

Davis
He and Eddie have such great chemistry and I love seeing them geek out together(I'm a Sci-FI fan also)

Gladys
She's so cool and amusing plus has awesome fluffy galaxy/star hair. I must find out how the story of the two witches she talked about ends too

Some Guy
So handsome and mysterious why cant he be a romance option *cries*(ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

Going into the demo I knew there was going to be werewolves from the summary but not who they'd be, so in the chats I was like ohh I hope this one is gonna be the werewolf and this one too and so on. I was surprised they all are but I'm happy with that lol. They make such cute werewolves too.

Personally I feel like Louis is a natural werewolf and the others recently caught the werewolf virus.

Davis reaction to being a werewolf is the cutest thing ever he's so enthusiastic about it X3

Both are cool with me

Maybe a link to the tumblr for this game (if one exists) in the main post?

I love the games wolf howl acronym its cute and clever XD

Is the game really just 5$? That just seems too low a price.
The game has such adorable art, over 25 hr play time, and 70+CG I feel like the game is worth more OwO

I think that your demo had a unique style of character introduction, it was a great way to showcase all the different personalities in game and fun.