Two Scoops [GxAny][Slice-of-Life][Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jozerphine
Completed: Starfighter: Eclipse, Hustle Cat, We Know the Devil, Rose of Winter
Organization: Pillow Fight
itch: pillowfight

Two Scoops [GxAny][Slice-of-Life][Kickstarter]

#1 Post by jozerphine »

We're proud to be developing a new slice-of-life game, from the mind of body-positive illustrator Paige Hall, called Two Scoops! If you ever wished the fat girl would get good romances, please consider backing our Kickstarter! http://cone.life!

https://pillowfight.itch.io/two-scoops - demo available in MacOS, Windows, and Linux!

Two Scoops is set in a sweet little ice cream shop in a small town. You play a young woman, whose name and skin tone are up to you.

The game features four cute dateable options:

With a stretch goal for Alexa, a cute Chinese girl who loooves ice cream!

The campaign features have pins and charms and a special cool postcard print, so definitely scroll down on the Kickstarter page to see more.

We also have background art by the truly incredible Vivian Ng -- here's the interior of the shop itself.

Thanks for your support, and if you'd like to spread the word, here's Paige's tweet: https://twitter.com/thumbcramps/status/ ... 5962649601

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Two Scoops [GxAny][Slice-of-Life][Kickstarter]

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Ooh, the art style is so cute, and I always like having both male and female romance options! I'd love to know a bit more about the plot, like what sort of conflicts the characters have to deal with on the various routes and whatnot. Good luck with the kickstarter!
ImageImageImage

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

I noticed the cartoonish drawings and immediately thought "I like them." For what it's worth, the protagonist's design reminds me of Garnet from Steven Universe. Maybe it's the characters' hair...

The Kickstarter page currently states "Access interactive in-game texting and social media to communicate with and learn about your co-workers, even when you're apart, and share your scoop on the Chirp social network to see what the others have to say." Will this involve complex gameplay? In other words, will the player need to learn how and when to use fictional social media in order to achieve a positive ending?

Two things to consider:

1. I don't recommend using the term "dating simulation" unless Two Scoops includes gameplay such as stat-building and time management. (There are just a couple hundred visual novels with this VNDB tag, and only a few of them let the protagonist ask characters out on dates.) If your project is a story with a few choices, then I think the term would be misleading.

2. It's been just over a decade since Girlish Love Revolution was first released. It's a video game in which the protagonist strives to lose weight and find a love interest. I do not think any localization company ever talked about creating an official English version. That said, I remember several bloggers flipping out over its premise between the years 2005 and 2010. If you search online, perhaps looking for the title Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo, then you might still find a couple of their rants. So... what can your team learn from this mostly forgotten game? What can you do to make your characters' conflicts seem appealing?

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#4 Post by Nuxill »

gekiganwing wrote: 2. It's been just over a decade since Girlish Love Revolution was first released. It's a video game in which the protagonist strives to lose weight and find a love interest. I do not think any localization company ever talked about creating an official English version. That said, I remember several bloggers flipping out over its premise between the years 2005 and 2010. If you search online, perhaps looking for the title Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo, then you might still find a couple of their rants. So... what can your team learn from this mostly forgotten game? What can you do to make your characters' conflicts seem appealing?
I don't think the character's weight is going to be the center of any conflicts, based on various tweets from the twitter linked. It's going for a more body positive type of story, so comparing it to a game all about losing weight to get a boy's attention doesn't make much sense. Unless you're implying NOT to fall into the same writing traps Girlish Love Revolution did.

I do really like the art of this, and I hope the game makes its goal.

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#5 Post by riverbluesbear »

Oh my goodness, I love this so much!! I love all the people of color (which I think is sorely lacking in most VN games), and the inclusion of a non-binary character! And the fact that a bigger girl is the main character is so freshing! :D

My favorite part of the demo has to be the fact that none of the other characters or the protag herself bring up her weight, and I really hope it stays this way. I just think bringing up the fact that she's bigger would ruin the whole inclusion thing and bring up something that doesn't need to be dug up, yanno?

I wish you all the good luck with this game!!

umbralshadows
Projects: Spectral Hearts
Tumblr: umbralshadows
Deviantart: umbralshadows

#6 Post by umbralshadows »

The protagonist is so cute I died playing this. Hahaha. I like Jamie most of the others. I hope its funded.