Toil and Trouble [Halloween Dating・Potion Creation Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Toil and Trouble [Halloween Dating・Potion Creation Sim]

#46 Post by minyan »

Hello guys! I'm back from vacation.

Update
Muffy's route has only three scenes left before it's done!
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#47 Post by Averxy »

Hey guys! So Muffy's route is all done (except the endings) and Salem's route has four scenes left before it's just the endings left! We're getting there :)
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#48 Post by Zelan »

Nice! ^_^ Those are my two favorite love interests, so it's great to know that their routes went smoothly.

Averxy
Regular

#49 Post by Averxy »

Zelan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:06 pm Nice! ^_^ Those are my two favorite love interests, so it's great to know that their routes went smoothly.
Salem and Muffy were our first priorities, they seem to be more popular! Next I'll be working on the main route (60 scenes haha. . .) and Min will be working on Abbadons route! Thanks for the comment! :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#50 Post by minyan »

I’ve started Abbadon’s route! It will be shorter than Muffy and Salem’s, as Abbadon is featured more in the main story, so ideally, I’ll be done soon.
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular

#51 Post by Averxy »

Salems scenes are now done! Next I'll be working on the intro and what we'll need to release a demo! :)

Averxy
Regular

#52 Post by Averxy »

The main route is now 1/6th of the way completed, and Abbadons route is halfway there!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by minyan »

Abbadon's route has one scene left until completion! The main route is 1/3rd done! WE ARE MOVING QUICKLY!

Also tumblr has locked me out so until I figure that out, get your updates here. ;u;b
ImageImage

traineroflegend

#54 Post by traineroflegend »

Is there an expected completion time?

Averxy
Regular

#55 Post by Averxy »

traineroflegend wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:46 am Is there an expected completion time?
Hey there!
Unfortunately we don't have a set date for the release, we want to try to make sure everything's as good as it can be before we put it up for the public. I'd give you an estimate, but every time I do that I always seem to jinx us! So all I can say is hopefully sooner rather than later.

I hope you find this worth waiting for, it shouldn't be too long! (But it won't be Halloween... :( )

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#56 Post by AntiquedFae »

Okay, I have been putting off commenting on this thread for...some reason? Fear of disappointment when it looks so incredibly like something that is totally made for me? But I cannot resist any longer. This game looks absolutely, perfectly amazing, and you are progressing so fast! I absolutely cannot wait for the potion making game. Cannot. Wait. I love potion making! Crafting gameplay is my favourite, and potions?! So fun!!!

Though I must confess...I actually find two of the side characters the most appealing. I want to date Brad and Lawrence...instead of the actual date-able characters. Oops. >_>; Seriously though, Lawrence! A librarian mummy?! He's like the perfect dream guy I thought I'd never be able to get in a game! Perfect, I tell you! Except I don't think I can date him, so I guess I still can't really get him...? Ah well. Such is life, filled with unattainable mummy librarian boy-induced sadness. I suppose he's too good for me anyways. Just look at those fine burial linens, the layered waistcoats, and those glowing eyes. TT.TT

Ahem. I am really looking forward to this game though! It looks so amazing!! Thank you for making this. And the very, very best to you during development!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Averxy
Regular

#57 Post by Averxy »

AntiquedFae wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 pm Okay, I have been putting off commenting on this thread for...some reason? Fear of disappointment when it looks so incredibly like something that is totally made for me? But I cannot resist any longer. This game looks absolutely, perfectly amazing, and you are progressing so fast! I absolutely cannot wait for the potion making game. Cannot. Wait. I love potion making! Crafting gameplay is my favourite, and potions?! So fun!!!

Though I must confess...I actually find two of the side characters the most appealing. I want to date Brad and Lawrence...instead of the actual date-able characters. Oops. >_>; Seriously though, Lawrence! A librarian mummy?! He's like the perfect dream guy I thought I'd never be able to get in a game! Perfect, I tell you! Except I don't think I can date him, so I guess I still can't really get him...? Ah well. Such is life, filled with unattainable mummy librarian boy-induced sadness. I suppose he's too good for me anyways. Just look at those fine burial linens, the layered waistcoats, and those glowing eyes. TT.TT

Ahem. I am really looking forward to this game though! It looks so amazing!! Thank you for making this. And the very, very best to you during development!
Aw, thank you so, so much for this kind comment! I hope we won't disappoint, we really are putting our all into that and with the progress we've been making it should be too much longer before it's all finished!

I'm sorry that you can't date Lawrence! But I think his route is so worth it, even better than if you were to date him honestly! I might be biased, but I promise, it's still sweet.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#58 Post by AntiquedFae »

Averxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 pm Aw, thank you so, so much for this kind comment! I hope we won't disappoint, we really are putting our all into that and with the progress we've been making it should be too much longer before it's all finished!

I'm sorry that you can't date Lawrence! But I think his route is so worth it, even better than if you were to date him honestly! I might be biased, but I promise, it's still sweet.
I'm looking forward to it!

And I trust you for Lawrence's route. I'm a bigger fan of friendship anyways typically, to be honest! I was wondering, do we have to choose one of the main love interests for a route or are the side characters also considered stand-alone routes? Apologies if you've already answered that, but I can't seem to remember.
You can call me Fae!

Averxy
Regular

#59 Post by Averxy »

AntiquedFae wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Averxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 pm Aw, thank you so, so much for this kind comment! I hope we won't disappoint, we really are putting our all into that and with the progress we've been making it should be too much longer before it's all finished!

I'm looking forward to it!

And I trust you for Lawrence's route. I'm a bigger fan of friendship anyways typically, to be honest! I was wondering, do we have to choose one of the main love interests for a route or are the side characters also considered stand-alone routes? Apologies if you've already answered that, but I can't seem to remember.
It's alright! So basically how the side characters work are you can do their routes no matter what, and you can do all or none of them if you'd like. Each of the main love interests has their own route, and once you're on a main route you can't pursue another love interest, but the side characters are always available!

So for example, say you're on the common route, you get scenes with each love interest. You can do certain things to see the side characters scenes, and then once you're on say Salem's route, you can still do the things to see the side characters routes, but you won't get anymore of Muffy's scenes.

I hope that makes sense haha, if not let me know and I'll try to explain again! ^^;

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#60 Post by AntiquedFae »

That makes perfect sense! Thank you for explaining it. :)
You can call me Fae!