Toil and Trouble [Halloween Dating・Potion Creation Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Toil and Trouble [Halloween Dating・Potion Creation Sim]

#61 Post by minyan »

AntiquedFae wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 pm Okay, I have been putting off commenting on this thread for...some reason? Fear of disappointment when it looks so incredibly like something that is totally made for me? But I cannot resist any longer. This game looks absolutely, perfectly amazing, and you are progressing so fast! I absolutely cannot wait for the potion making game. Cannot. Wait. I love potion making! Crafting gameplay is my favourite, and potions?! So fun!!!

Though I must confess...I actually find two of the side characters the most appealing. I want to date Brad and Lawrence...instead of the actual date-able characters. Oops. >_>; Seriously though, Lawrence! A librarian mummy?! He's like the perfect dream guy I thought I'd never be able to get in a game! Perfect, I tell you! Except I don't think I can date him, so I guess I still can't really get him...? Ah well. Such is life, filled with unattainable mummy librarian boy-induced sadness. I suppose he's too good for me anyways. Just look at those fine burial linens, the layered waistcoats, and those glowing eyes. TT.TT

Ahem. I am really looking forward to this game though! It looks so amazing!! Thank you for making this. And the very, very best to you during development!

This made me laugh so hard! I don't blame you, Lawrence is a babe. I have to admit when I was drawing him I was a little disappointed he wasn't a love interest myself xD But I think the love interests we do have have a lot to offer! Thanks for your interest! Hopefully we'll have more to show soon. Writing is a big part of the game but can't really post samples of that without spoilers xD Once I finish my writing parts I'll be back to working on the GUI.
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#62 Post by Averxy »

U p d a t e t i m e!!!

So! The main route is half written, Spoopy's route is almost done, Min is doing a fantastic job with the letters (I'm seriously super excited about the letter feature, I feel like nobody had paid it any attention but it's so FUN!), and after the main route we'll be working on the misc scenes together! Then Min has to tackle the weekends (Haha, Sorry Min <3)

We're thinking that we'll be releasing the demo on. . . CHRISTMAS!

But, Leah, you say, it's a Halloween game. And I'm like, yeah, I know. But who doesn't love Halloween for Christmas? There's like, a whole movie about it and that worked out amazingly as far as I remember!

Wow, I'm in a weird mood. Anyways, exciting news! I can't wait to have a demo out for everybody to try <3 We're super close to having the writing done, too!
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#63 Post by AntiquedFae »

minyan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 am This made me laugh so hard! I don't blame you, Lawrence is a babe. I have to admit when I was drawing him I was a little disappointed he wasn't a love interest myself xD But I think the love interests we do have have a lot to offer! Thanks for your interest! Hopefully we'll have more to show soon. Writing is a big part of the game but can't really post samples of that without spoilers xD Once I finish my writing parts I'll be back to working on the GUI.
Late reply, I didn't want to crowd up your thread then...forgot to reply. OTL I am pleased my thoughts made you laugh at least. And yay, I am not alone in my wanting Lawrence for a love interest! I wish you well on your writing parts!

And demo announcement! Most exciting! Especially since I just realized Christmas is...only two months away. Exciting!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#64 Post by minyan »

Started working on the backgrounds! It seems like they're going to take longer than expected. BUT I have finished one! Here's a taste of what they'll be like.
cityex.png
ImageImage

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#65 Post by AntiquedFae »

*O* I want to just stare and bask in that beauteous scene. I want to go there in real life, in fact! You are amazing, miniyan!
You can call me Fae!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by minyan »

AntiquedFae wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 pm *O* I want to just stare and bask in that beauteous scene. I want to go there in real life, in fact! You are amazing, miniyan!
MINIYAN THAT’S SO CUTE AHHHHH
Thank you so much! I was agonizing over whether it looked good or not so that makes me really happy to hear ^^
ImageImage

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#67 Post by AntiquedFae »

minyan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:39 pm
AntiquedFae wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 pm *O* I want to just stare and bask in that beauteous scene. I want to go there in real life, in fact! You are amazing, miniyan!
MINIYAN THAT’S SO CUTE AHHHHH
Thank you so much! I was agonizing over whether it looked good or not so that makes me really happy to hear ^^
...I just realized I have been imagining an extra 'i' in your name for how many months/years. I fail at usernames. I think it might stick now if you don't mind though.
Ahem. Yes, the scene is beautiful! I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the backgrounds when it's released now! It is so, so gorgeous!
You can call me Fae!

Averxy
Regular

#68 Post by Averxy »

Due to personal family reasons I had to take a small break from writing (again, I'm sorry this keeps happening ;;) But I'm back!! Working on Spoopy's final scene now before getting started on the rest of the main route.

Min was also taking a break from T&T during November, but we'll be back on track soon!! Hopefully people are still looking forward to this ^^; Sorry for all of the long breaks! Hopefully it won't happen again haha...

Averxy
Regular

#69 Post by Averxy »

Quick update! All of Spoopy's scenes are written and I'm starting on the misc scenes before going back and finishing the main route! :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by minyan »

I know it's been twenty years, but I did finish another background. (:
autumn's shop bg ex.png
The interior of Autumn's shop! Sprites will be shown behind the counter.
ImageImage

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#71 Post by AntiquedFae »

Autumn's shop looks fantabulous~
You can call me Fae!

xxxmariixxx

#72 Post by xxxmariixxx »

I look forward to when this game is realeased! It looks really good so far!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by minyan »

Thanks so much! Toil and Trouble is currently on hiatus while Fablesoft works on its next project, Twisted. It will be a short commercial game and we plan on finishing it in the next few months. Then Toil and Trouble will resume production!

viewtopic.php?p=483069#p483069
ImageImage