[DEMO]Forgotten Wish [Music][Slice of Life][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
stellacircle
Projects: Forgotten Wish

[DEMO]Forgotten Wish [Music][Slice of Life][Romance]

#1 Post by stellacircle »

Synopsis
What would you do if you were to give up the things you loved the most and there was no way for you to get them back?
What if you got the chance to -one day- re-live what you once tossed away?
Would you embrace your dreams if you had one last chance... Or would you walk away?

Takahashi Yoshiro is an uninspired student in his final year of high school. He follows his father's footsteps and one day will inherit his father's legacy to own one of the biggest company holdings in Chiyoda, Tokyo. When final year started, he decided to create a reading club, a club that is solely for Yoshiro and serves as a relaxing -napping- room for him. However, his peaceful days are interrupted by his friends, Eguchi Tomoya and Iwasaki Junpei, who start to come to the reading club room regularly for their band practice. One day, a mysterious female classmate decides to join the reading club despite of Yoshiro's efforts to present the club's posters in the most awful way possible.

Join Yoshiro and his friends in a story of dreams, painful life, fated love, and forgotten wishes.

Main Characters

Questions
We would like to ask you some questions in order to improve our game!

1. What are your impressions on the plot/story? Do you find it interesting?
2. Which character do you like the most from the design and biography so far?
3. Do you like the idea of this novel being linear?
4. Do you have any advice for us to help us improve our game?
5. What kind of rewards would you like to see on our crowdfunding campaign?

Links
Website Twitter

Thank you for your time,
Stella Circle Team
Last edited by stellacircle on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 am, edited 10 times in total.

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: Forgotten Wish [Music/Slice of Life/Drama/Romance/Traged

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

The art looks fantastic so far! As a musician and music enthusiast, I am always thrilled to find VNs in the musical and slice of life category. Truly, it adds life to VNs in so many ways I cannot explain.

1. What are your impressions on the plot/story? Do you find it interesting?
I like how it's simple and endearing, yet that makes it all the more challenging for the writer. To make the players engrossed and attached to the story is never easy in slice of life genre so I am very interested as to how the story will progress.

2. Which character do you like the most from the design and biography so far?
To be honest, I have my eyes on Tomoya. It is mainly because I have a friend in real life whose name is also Tomoya and resembles him. His design enthralls me. This friend of mine, I met in a collaboration with a japanese orchestra. This makes me miss him more! Haha <3

3. Do you like the idea of this novel being linear or would you prefer to see multiple routes for love interests (BxG)?
I think it is a personal preference and everyone will have different ideas. For me, there's nothing wrong with linear visual novels. If that is how it's originally written - a roller coaster ride of emotions - I'm totally down for it. Sometimes, less is more.

4. Do you have any advice for us to help us improve our game?
Please invest time in the story line so we can have a great experience. I honestly have high expectations for this game. The art so far is fantastic, the plot seems interesting. I hope you can carry out the quality through the whole game. Also, I am looking forward to the musical aspects of the story the most. How it gets incorporated to describe the lives of the characters, that kills it for me.

5. What kind of rewards would you like to see on our crowdfunding campaign?
Crowdfunding campaigns are a pressure and I wish you the best of luck. On my end, I always like to see digital rewards like wallpapers for mobile and pc, probably along with some icons and the digital copy of the whole game. For physical rewards, maybe an artbook or a CD of the OST? You can also add some rewards for higher tiers such as involvement in story making (design your own npc, etc.).

Best of luck and I will keep my eye on this project! Cheers
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

stellacircle

#3 Post by stellacircle »

Thank you hyesunxoxo for your feedback, it's highly appreciated!
I like how it's simple and endearing, yet that makes it all the more challenging for the writer.
Indeed! For this kind of visual novel, writing can make or break it. I hope we can meet the expectations though and give the best story experience possible!
Please invest time in the story line so we can have a great experience. I honestly have high expectations for this game. The art so far is fantastic, the plot seems interesting. I hope you can carry out the quality through the whole game. Also, I am looking forward to the musical aspects of the story the most. How it gets incorporated to describe the lives of the characters, that kills it for me.
Mhm, we shall do so. The musical aspects are not very visible in the current premise. However, when our demo is out, you will figure out how it is one of the main plot points in the story.
Crowdfunding campaigns are a pressure and I wish you the best of luck. On my end, I always like to see digital rewards like wallpapers for mobile and pc, probably along with some icons and the digital copy of the whole game. For physical rewards, maybe an artbook or a CD of the OST? You can also add some rewards for higher tiers such as involvement in story making (design your own npc, etc.).
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll take a note of everything said.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this feedback!
Last edited by stellacircle on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for posting both here and on r/visualnovels.
stellacircle wrote:Do you like the idea of this novel being linear or would you prefer to see multiple routes for love interests (BxG)?
I'd prefer alternate endings. However, if you think your story would be better if it only had a single ending, then that's fine. (One of the advantages of interactive media is that it helps creators design multiple paths and endings. In other words, since you're telling your story as a visual novel, that makes it easy to give the protagonist choices which lead to different endings.)
stellacircle wrote:What kind of rewards would you like to see on our crowdfunding campaign?
Be sure to study the successes and failures of other VN / video game crowdfunding campaigns. Think about what they did well, and where they stumbled. Take notes. Write down things which seem useful to remember, such as "Provide a demo as well as information about [fill in the blank] aspects of the visual novel" or perhaps "Promote your project where potential fans will notice it."
stellacircle wrote:Do you have any advice for us to help us improve our game?
What will set your story apart? What will make it memorable and/or distinct? Does it have points of difference such as a fast pace, a gloomy / mundane world, or a focus on the characters as friends?

I'm asking this because I've been active in multiple fandoms. After too much time in a single fandom, boredom starts to set in. (It happens when I look through the indie section of a comic store and see five examples of dour introspective stories. It happens when I browse the 3DS section at GameStop and notice five instances of licensed titles based on TV programs. It happens when I search for localized original Japanese language visual novels and see five examples of school-based love polygon stories.) Even though I still enjoy romance VNs, and I sometimes avoid ones which are downbeat, there have been times when I find it challenging to care about another cute love story.

stellacircle

#5 Post by stellacircle »

Thank you for the feedback gekiganwing!

Regarding crowdfunding campaign, thank you very much for the advice, I will study the successes and failures and it will be very helpful for me to prepare for our campaign.

Regarding multiple endings and what sets my story apart from other visual novels, I decided to mix the answer in one (writer here). This novel is not just a standard high school drama. It is story rich and focuses not only on the characters interactions but also on psychology aspects of the characters (especially the main character and the main heroine). It's hard to explain this from the synopsis alone so I'm trying my best to work on a demo that will show what I'm talking about and what this story is about. But for now, I'll say that this story is Narcissu/White Album2 inspired. For someone like me who finds herself relating to Kataoka Tomo's scenarios, I was influenced by his way of writing and I hope I can do this story good and people will enjoy it. I'm looking forward to what you will think about it after releasing the demo, and I hope I can be up to expectations!

Thank you again for taking the time to write this feedback, it's really helpful to read the impressions about the story so far!
Last edited by stellacircle on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stellacircle

#6 Post by stellacircle »

Removing since old art is replaced with a new art style!

stellacircle

Re: Forgotten Wish [Music/Slice of Life/Drama/Romance/Tragedy]

#7 Post by stellacircle »

Updated the original post with our new art preview and the latest progress status update!

stellacircle

Re: Forgotten Wish [Music/Slice of Life/Drama/Romance/Tragedy]

#8 Post by stellacircle »

I wanted to write an update that our alpha demo is now in final stages!
It's currently only missing the vocal songs and as soon as they're ready, the demo will be ready for further fine tuning. Our music composer is working hard to get our songs ready, so please wait a little bit longer.

When the demo is released, we will be revealing more main characters soon after. Here's a small preview of Forgotten Wish's main cast including non-revealed characters:

stellacircle

Re: [DEMO]Forgotten Wish [Music][Slice of Life][Romance]

#9 Post by stellacircle »

We released our demo on itch io! (link in first post)