ReWound 101: ReRun! [ENG] [OTOME] [FREE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

Re: ReWound 101: ReRun! [ENG] [OTOME] [FREE]

#16 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote:So, by Highschool, I guess they're in senior high then? I mean I don't think my classmates look that mature when I was in highschool years ago (before the whole 'senior high'-thing).

I'm glad Kuya Croix will still be here. Is Rayden's Ate gonna have her own sprite as well? She was pretty prominent in Rayden's route. I also just remembered Ma'am Sungit... XD

Question: are you gonna keep the words 'Kuya' and 'Ate'? Cause in Japanese to English translation of some games, they keep the whole '-kun'/'-chan'/'-san'/'-senpai' thing and I thought it would be nice if it was the same here to be able to properly convey relationships like how Croix is just Shaizee's cousin but she thinks of him and respects him as an older sibling and stuff (and I remember Lanier and Liz calling him 'Kuya' as well which shows a bit of how they think of him).

Also is the game going to be a separate Filipino and English? (Meaning separate downloads for whichever language chosen)
I have few classmates before who look mature back then but I guess Rayden still looks younger now in comparison with the other characters x'D

I can't remove Croix in ReWound since I am also pretty much attached to the characters myself.
And yes, Rayden's sister will have a sprite of her own and her name will also be revealed for laters. Along with few more characters added that's not in the first one.
Yep. Gonna keep "Ate" and "Kuya" as honorifics since there's still a built-in dictionary for this game. It's more like of our culture so I won't be changing their relationships, but prolly I'll just add more details to the characters :)

Yes, the English and Filipino downloads are separated. But the voices are all in Filipino ^^

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#17 Post by sanashi27 »

Yes!! I'm so happy to hear that. And the English version would still have the Tagalog dub? Haha so the English speaking players who would play this would be hearing Filipino then... nice. It'd be a change of pace for those used to just English or Japanese on their VNs/Dating Sims.

I was wondering what happened to the dictionary! I'm glad even those stuff are gonna be on there. lol The in-game dictionary is something I have to look forward to as well.

Oh... I want to play the English but part of me wants to play the Filipino one again. (I'd probably download both in the end) XD
Last edited by sanashi27 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

zhaie
Regular

#18 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote:Yes!! I'm so happy to hear that. And the English version would still have the Tagalog dub? Haha so the English speaking players who would play this would be hearing Filipino then... nice. It'd be a change of pace for those used to just English or Japanese on their VNs/Dating Sims.

I was wondering what happened to the dictionary! I'm glad even those stuff are gonna be on there. Is Ma'am Sungit still gonna be named that? If so, is her 'name' gonna be on the dictionary, too? lol The in-game dictionary is something I have to look forward to as well, then.

Oh... I want to play the English but part of me wants to play the Filipino one again. (I'd probably download both in the end) XD
Yes, the English version will have Filipino voices too. I would like to showcase our language to other nationalities too haha! This will be the same for all my games, I'll have them written English yet the voices will be in Filipino.

The dictionary will be for those words that can't be translated to English since we have a lot of terms like that. Yeah I'll just add all of their names in the dictionary for the players :)

You can just play both to compare, if you like x'D

sanashi27
Regular

#19 Post by sanashi27 »

Cool!

I'll be looking forward to your other games as well, then! (I have just downloaded 'Ano What? Bakit Why?' I'll be trying it, too).

And yeah, I guess I'll do that. The game would probably feel different in English anyways. Again, good luck!
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

zhaie
Regular

#20 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote:Cool!

I'll be looking forward to your other games as well, then! (I have just downloaded 'Ano What? Bakit Why?' I'll be trying it, too).

And yeah, I guess I'll do that. The game would probably feel different in English anyways. Again, good luck!

Aw Thanks!
Yeah. That's why I always recommend for local speakers of Filipino to play the Filipino version :D

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#21 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

Hello~ Back at it again with Rewound 101 XD

1. Have you played the first one? If so, what are your expectations with this remake?
I have and I loved it! Honestly, I wish for it to be somewhat similar to the original, but I guess with some... additions that would keep the flow of the story ahaha Like, fill in the plot holes. OH! And I'm really excited for the CGs, especially! <3 I wish luck to your artist! His/Her art is reaaaaally beautiful~

2. What do you think about the characters? Who is the character you like best and you like least?
Honestly, all the characters' appearances so far work with their personality :P Although... Rayden looks... like he's still in the process of growing XD AND YOU ADDED LAST NAMES THIS TIME! Ahahahaha! But dang Lanier's last name is a mouthful
I still really love Rayden - and goodness, the upgrade from headphones to earphones XD - and I'm looking forward to his story again <3 Plus, if his sister is appearing, I'd be looking forward to her sprite! Will she have the same hair colour? Hmmmm :?:
And the least? Ummmm.... I don't want to judge the least because they're all adorable in their own ways haha With a new design, there would bound to be a slight shift in each character's story, so maybe I'll end up loving it as well haha (I'm still a weakling to male-senior/female-junior, childhood friend, and female-senior/male-junior kind of romance so haha)

3. Will you play it? If you have played the first one, will you still play the remake?
Will I play it? Rather, the question is why won't I? I loved the original, so I'm 100% looking forward to playing this remake!

4. Any more stuff you want to say? Suggestions, Violent Reactions-- Feel free to do so.
HWOOOOOOW! I just ADORE the new design of the characters! Especially Shaizee's sprite :wink: She's so beautiful~
In regards to Shaizee's sprite, though... Will she have two designs? Like, a before and after? Will she have disheveled/messy hair and glasses?
And I'll most likely download the English version since I'm not completely fluent in Filipino; thus, I'll end up using Google to search for the English equivalent for complex Filipino words ehehe BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VOICE ACTORS. It will be my first time hearing a visual novel be voiced in Filipino <3 I praise you for bringing light to the Filipinos.
Anyways, good luck with this remake!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

zhaie
Regular

#22 Post by zhaie »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:Hello~ Back at it again with Rewound 101 XD

1. Have you played the first one? If so, what are your expectations with this remake?
I have and I loved it! Honestly, I wish for it to be somewhat similar to the original, but I guess with some... additions that would keep the flow of the story ahaha Like, fill in the plot holes. OH! And I'm really excited for the CGs, especially! <3 I wish luck to your artist! His/Her art is reaaaaally beautiful~

2. What do you think about the characters? Who is the character you like best and you like least?
Honestly, all the characters' appearances so far work with their personality :P Although... Rayden looks... like he's still in the process of growing XD AND YOU ADDED LAST NAMES THIS TIME! Ahahahaha! But dang Lanier's last name is a mouthful
I still really love Rayden - and goodness, the upgrade from headphones to earphones XD - and I'm looking forward to his story again <3 Plus, if his sister is appearing, I'd be looking forward to her sprite! Will she have the same hair colour? Hmmmm :?:
And the least? Ummmm.... I don't want to judge the least because they're all adorable in their own ways haha With a new design, there would bound to be a slight shift in each character's story, so maybe I'll end up loving it as well haha (I'm still a weakling to male-senior/female-junior, childhood friend, and female-senior/male-junior kind of romance so haha)

3. Will you play it? If you have played the first one, will you still play the remake?
Will I play it? Rather, the question is why won't I? I loved the original, so I'm 100% looking forward to playing this remake!

4. Any more stuff you want to say? Suggestions, Violent Reactions-- Feel free to do so.
HWOOOOOOW! I just ADORE the new design of the characters! Especially Shaizee's sprite :wink: She's so beautiful~
In regards to Shaizee's sprite, though... Will she have two designs? Like, a before and after? Will she have disheveled/messy hair and glasses?
And I'll most likely download the English version since I'm not completely fluent in Filipino; thus, I'll end up using Google to search for the English equivalent for complex Filipino words ehehe BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VOICE ACTORS. It will be my first time hearing a visual novel be voiced in Filipino <3 I praise you for bringing light to the Filipinos.
Anyways, good luck with this remake!

1. Thanks for playing the first one! I will still keep the original routes with just very few add-ons so it won't be a copy paste of the first one.
Pei (my artist) is actually a she, she does look like a guy tho x'D And I'll say thank you in behalf of her haha

2. Seems like Rayden is like everyone's favorite :lol: And yeah he looks younger now. It kinda feels like headphones is a little too stuffy so I just had to ask to make it earphones instead. Well, she does look similar to him? Does she? :?:
As for Lan, we don't really use his last name in the game. Just Lan or Lanier :lol:

3. Aw thank you! ^^

4. Thank you! The first time I saw Shaizee's new design I also feel like she's so pretty now :lol:
Welp. I am planning to. But let's see :wink:
There are some words that can't be translated in English so I'll still leave the built-in dictionary for everyone's convenience x'D
Yes. I have all the VA for the characters, I am just waiting for the designs and other stuff so I can show everything. Look forward to leh update!
I'll do my best so I won't disappoint you or the future players of this game. Hehe :D

zhaie
Regular

#23 Post by zhaie »

UPDATE! YEY~!!
** adding Croix

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#24 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

Wow! I never expected Kuya Croix to end up like that XD Such a huge transformation
Can really ship him with Liz! :lol:
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

zhaie
Regular

#25 Post by zhaie »

Akemi-Takashi wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm Wow! I never expected Kuya Croix to end up like that XD Such a huge transformation
Can really ship him with Liz! :lol:
You can! You can!! 😂👌👌

sanashi27
Regular

#26 Post by sanashi27 »

Finally, Kuya Croix!! Of all the characters, he had the most changes in sprite design.

zhaie
Regular

#27 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:01 am Finally, Kuya Croix!! Of all the characters, he had the most changes in sprite design.
Yeah that type of hairstyle is popular in our country. 😂

sanashi27
Regular

#28 Post by sanashi27 »

Pansin ko nga. Ang daming classmate ng mga kapatid ko ganyan ang hairstyle. They're also dyed (pag college. It's not allowed in elem and High school). It's the same! Pinoy na pinoy talaga! XD

zhaie
Regular

#29 Post by zhaie »

UPDATE!!

**aggressively adds new design for Mabey**

zhaie
Regular

#30 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:06 am Pansin ko nga. Ang daming classmate ng mga kapatid ko ganyan ang hairstyle. They're also dyed (pag college. It's not allowed in elem and High school). It's the same! Pinoy na pinoy talaga! XD
There are a lot of Firipinjin in Qatar and they have those hairstyles here too welp x'D