ReWound 101: ReRun! [ENG] [OTOME] [FREE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

ReWound 101: ReRun! [ENG] [OTOME] [FREE]

#1 Post by zhaie »

🌺 The game has 3 routes and one secret route (?) 🌺
🌺 Beautifully drawn CG's 🌺
🌺 There are secret scenarios after completing the GOOD ENDS. 🌺
🌺 After getting TWO BEST ENDINGS, you will unlock the route for the THIRD GUY. 🌺
🌺 Complete an ENDING for the THIRD GUY and you will open the SECRET ROUTE for someone. 🌺

🌺 Prologue and Common Route Fully Voiced! Game is Partially Voiced 🌺

🌺 More stuff inside. Happy Gaming! 🌺

🌸 Genre: Rom-Com, Slice of Life, Drama 🌸
🌸 Platforms: All-PC, Android 🌸
🌸 Language: Filipino and English 🌸
🌸 How long: Few Hours depending on gameplay 🌸

This game is a remake of this game: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41745
I made a itch page for this one: https://zhaieyuemn.itch.io/rewound-101-rerun
You can also follow me in tumblr for updates: http://zishp.tumblr.com/ (though I have yet to update it now)
You can support me for my future games since I want all my future games to be FREE: http://ko-fi.com/zishpinc

Questions. You don't really have to answer but will be appreciated.
1. Have you played the first one? If so, what are your expectations with this remake?
2. What do you think about the characters? Who is the character you like best and you like least?
3. Will you play it? If you have played the first one, will you still play the remake?
4. Any more stuff you want to say? Suggestions, Violent Reactions-- Feel free to do so.
Last edited by zhaie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

Re: ReWound 101: ReRun! [ENG] [OTOME] [FREE]

#2 Post by Neeka »

Hi! I had tried playing the original but maybe I didn't download the correct one because I didn't end up getting it in English. Is the game in two separate languages or a mix of both?

The art is REALLY pretty ^^ Having original art makes the game more exciting and fresh~

I'll definitely play this one when it's done. I like unlockable/secret routes too. When I play a game I try to get every route I can :)

zhaie
Regular

#3 Post by zhaie »

Neeka wrote:Hi! I had tried playing the original but maybe I didn't download the correct one because I didn't end up getting it in English. Is the game in two separate languages or a mix of both?

The art is REALLY pretty ^^ Having original art makes the game more exciting and fresh~

I'll definitely play this one when it's done. I like unlockable/secret routes too. When I play a game I try to get every route I can :)

The English one is supposed to be a separate file, I was about to upload it in itch but I was contemplating if I should have my own sprites in this game so I didn't upload the English Version. And now that I decided to have a remake of it, I had my artist redesign the uniform that is more practical to the setting of the game and I also decided to add a route for someone in the game so that it will not be just a copy-pasta of the previous game :)
Thank you so much!

zhaie
Regular

#4 Post by zhaie »

UPDATE!

- VA for Rayden up!
- Add the links for the VA's yt, smule, soundcloud accounts in itch.io

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

#5 Post by MiracleCatZ »

I actually wanted to play the original one, but was waiting for the english version of it to come out. Seeing as how I'll have to wait till around October to understand what they're saying. Super looking forward to this game though, I wanted to try playing it for a very long while (as you noticed I waited to play the original).

I think I want to know more about Lanier, and less about Nash. I don't like blondes for some reason, never could figure out why.

Anyways the art looks great so far, and the GUI for your game looks more original then the last. I can't wait to see any more future updates for this!

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

#6 Post by Milkymalk »

This looks really good! :) I'm not into otome games, but I will at least give it a try when it's done!
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)

PencilSlothCreations
Regular
Projects: Datematsu (Short Osomatsu-san VN)
Organization: Pencil Sloth Creations
Tumblr: pencilslothcreations

#7 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Ah yes -rubs hands together deviously- more Otome games to add to my list~
E x c e l l e n t

zhaie
Regular

#8 Post by zhaie »

MiracleCatZ wrote:I actually wanted to play the original one, but was waiting for the english version of it to come out. Seeing as how I'll have to wait till around October to understand what they're saying. Super looking forward to this game though, I wanted to try playing it for a very long while (as you noticed I waited to play the original).

I think I want to know more about Lanier, and less about Nash. I don't like blondes for some reason, never could figure out why.

Anyways the art looks great so far, and the GUI for your game looks more original then the last. I can't wait to see any more future updates for this!
Oh I 'm sorry for the delay. I feel really bothered with the first one since I don't have my own sprites for that game. But now since I found an artist, I can create free games with my own sprites. Thank you so much and I hope you'll like this game in the future release.

zhaie
Regular

#9 Post by zhaie »

Milkymalk wrote:This looks really good! :) I'm not into otome games, but I will at least give it a try when it's done!
Thank you so much! I'll do my best with this remake!

zhaie
Regular

#10 Post by zhaie »

PencilSlothCreations wrote:Ah yes -rubs hands together deviously- more Otome games to add to my list~
E x c e l l e n t
Thank you so much (*^▽^*)
I'll work hard for this one for everyone's enjoyment.

zhaie
Regular

#11 Post by zhaie »

UPDATE! Added new character :">

zhaie
Regular

#12 Post by zhaie »

UPDATE!
* Updated Description and Features
* Nash VA added

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#13 Post by sanashi27 »

Questions. You don't really have to answer but will be appreciated.
1. Have you played the first one? If so, what are your expectations with this remake?

I have and I loved it so much!! I expect this one to be shiny in terms of visual quality.

2. What do you think about the characters? Who is the character you like best and you like least?

I still love Rayden. I've never had a huge crush on any otome game character before this one. I usually separate myself from the character I play but this one... Rayden is <3. As for liked least? I dunno... everyone defied my initial impression of them and ended up liking them all.

3. Will you play it? If you have played the first one, will you still play the remake?

I've been waiting for this ever since I finished playing the original version. Yes. Definitely Yes.

4. Any more stuff you want to say? Suggestions, Violent Reactions-- Feel free to do so.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!! You have no idea how excited I am and how hard I tried to keep my voice low when I read you're gonna make a remake. It's night time, I'm not supposed to scream like this!! XD

New route? Hmm... they probably won't be able to surpass Rayden but we'll see. By the way, nasaan po si Kuya Croix sa character list?! Where's my Best Pinsan Ever? Please don't tell me he's not part of the cast anymore...

Yay!! You have you're own character sprites now!! They still kind of resemble the free ones you used before but looks more serious... more mature, if you will. I loved how cute the original ones are but these'll grow on me pretty quick. And they have voices now!! And full names!!

Hindi na po ako makapaghintay!! This will be awesome and I look forward to this!!
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

zhaie
Regular

#14 Post by zhaie »

sanashi27 wrote:Questions. You don't really have to answer but will be appreciated.

I have and I loved it so much!! I expect this one to be shiny in terms of visual quality.

I still love Rayden. I've never had a huge crush on any otome game character before this one. I usually separate myself from the character I play but this one... Rayden is <3. As for liked least? I dunno... everyone defied my initial impression of them and ended up liking them all.

I've been waiting for this ever since I finished playing the original version. Yes. Definitely Yes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!! You have no idea how excited I am and how hard I tried to keep my voice low when I read you're gonna make a remake. It's night time, I'm not supposed to scream like this!! XD

New route? Hmm... they probably won't be able to surpass Rayden but we'll see. By the way, nasaan po si Kuya Croix sa character list?! Where's my Best Pinsan Ever? Please don't tell me he's not part of the cast anymore...

Yay!! You have you're own character sprites now!! They still kind of resemble the free ones you used before but looks more serious... more mature, if you will. I loved how cute the original ones are but these'll grow on me pretty quick. And they have voices now!! And full names!!

Hindi na po ako makapaghintay!! This will be awesome and I look forward to this!!

1. Yeah. I remember you! :'D Thank you for playing the first one hihi

2. Aww thank you! I believe Rayden will be happy to hear that too :D

3. Thank you! I'll make sure this remake will be as enjoyable as the first one.

4. Yep. It's an unlock-able route for someone but not for... //winks. And Kuya Croix will be added later, stay tuned for his new design.
I was kind of bothered since I keep on using free resource, good thing I have a friend who offered me to draw for me. I also changed the uniforms since it is more practical for the setting and they are high school students so it would look nicer if they look a bit more mature :)
Thank you so much, I'll do my best in the remake so I could meet up your expectations :)
Mwah! :">

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#15 Post by sanashi27 »

So, by Highschool, I guess they're in senior high then? I mean I don't think my classmates look that mature when I was in highschool years ago (before the whole 'senior high'-thing).

I'm glad Kuya Croix will still be here. Is Rayden's Ate gonna have her own sprite as well? She was pretty prominent in Rayden's route. I also just remembered Ma'am Sungit... XD

Question: are you gonna keep the words 'Kuya' and 'Ate'? Cause in Japanese to English translation of some games, they keep the whole '-kun'/'-chan'/'-san'/'-senpai' thing and I thought it would be nice if it was the same here to be able to properly convey relationships like how Croix is just Shaizee's cousin but she thinks of him and respects him as an older sibling and stuff (and I remember Lanier and Liz calling him 'Kuya' as well which shows a bit of how they think of him).

Also is the game going to be a separate Filipino and English? (Meaning separate downloads for whichever language chosen)
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3